/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hello, everyone!

Mr. Domino
05-10-2010, 11:18 PM
Hello, I found this forum while looking for places to ask a question or two as I study up a bit about Islam, as I feel a growing need to become Muslim (I choose to word it that way because I don't know whether to phrase it as 'convert' or 'revert', due to how it makes me feel). Where I live (here are some obvious clues as to where: it still hasn't adopted the metric system completely, and hardly anyone here can properly pronounce "aluminium"), this isn't necessarily the best thing to do in a social context, so I figured the smart thing to do is find a friendly community online where I can ask my occasional questions and maybe pass that information on to others as is required.

My initial questions, once I completely figure out where to post those, will be potentially uncommon (an example being "could the prayer positions cause problems for someone with hydrocephalus?"), or less strange (such as "what would be a good way for an English-speaker without access to actual classes to learn the form of Arabic used in the Quran?").

Well, my first post at a forum is always awkward and anxious for me, but I have a good feeling about this and hope it goes well! :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
05-10-2010, 11:40 PM
Greetings, Mr. Domino and :welcome: aboard.. we hope you enjoy your stay with us:

can you tell me whether you have a ventriculoperitoneal shunt? either way you'll be happy to know that not only can you pray but you can also exercise though not the strenuous sort of exercise but more of the balance form and that is exactly the sort of thing you get through prayer-- also you should note that folks with hydrocephalus dehydrate quicker, so to avoid headaches and blurred visions etc keep hydrated even prior to the feeling of thirst..

In Islam if you are sick there are multiple ways you can make your prayers, so if you have an infected shunt or weak limbs then you can pray sitting down or even lying down.. the religion of Islam is easy!

all the best

Mr. Domino
05-11-2010, 01:56 AM
Thanks a lot for the info! I actually do have a ventriculoperitoneal shunt, and dehydration was always a concern with me while I was growing up, so this clears up many more questions than just what I had in mind to ask, so thanks for that as well!

جوري
05-11-2010, 02:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mr. Domino
Thanks a lot for the info! I actually do have a ventriculoperitoneal shunt, and dehydration was always a concern with me while I was growing up, so this clears up many more questions than just what I had in mind to ask, so thanks for that as well!
Sure it was my pleasure.. You can ask any questions you want and we'll all do our best to answer them accurately or find you someone scholarly for correct response (when it comes to Islamic tenets or jurisprudence) ..we are genuinely happy to have you aboard :smile:

peace

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
CosmicPathos
05-12-2010, 03:49 AM
Hi Mr Domino,

Welcome to the forums. I used to say aluminium too but learned in my new society to pronounce is as aluminum.

I hope you will be able to freely post inquisitive questions here and I hope the members here will try their best to address the issues you might have.

Regards.

Ramadhan
05-12-2010, 04:30 AM
Welcome to the forum, Mr. Domino.
I can sort of guess where you live from your description about people not being able to pronounce aluminium correctly :)
I studied chemical engineering and it maddens everytime someone say aluminum instead of aluminium :)
Anyway, please enjoy browsing through our hundreds of threads, mostly are beneficial and informative, and please fire away any questions you might have.

Rafeeq
05-12-2010, 07:09 AM
Welcome to the forum, Domino. Here you will find answer to your common question, Insha Allah and find a very beneficial stay. One step forward, I wish you a warm welcome to the right path to heaven.

UmmSqueakster
05-12-2010, 01:25 PM
Welcome to the forum (and hopefully to islam). The convert vs. revert debate is never ending. Some prefer convert (such as myself) and others swear only revert is correct. Pick one, as in the end, it's not a big deal :)

I maintain a list of helpful resources for people new to islam here, if you'd be interested in reading more.

There are several online courses now that teach quranic arabic, including sunnipath and seeker's guidance. It does cost a bit, but are quite good, from what I've heard. Both those academies also offer courses for new muslims at a 75% discount.

Abdul Wahid
05-12-2010, 01:31 PM
Hi Mr Domino

Welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy your stay and find it beneficial.

Feel free to ask any question.

Peace.

PouringRain
05-12-2010, 04:41 PM
Welcome to the forum.

M..x
05-13-2010, 10:54 AM
Greetings Mr Domino =)
I hope you find the answers you are looking for and I pray that you come to the path of truth, Insha'Allah [God-Willing].
Welcome & feel free to post any queries/clarifications you wish & hope your stay is beneficial.
Take care & Peace

Asiyah3
05-15-2010, 05:01 PM
Welcome to IB :). I hope you'll enjoy your stay and learn lots insha'llah (God willing).

May Allah guide you and all those who seek the truth to the Straight path. Allahumma ameen.

Misz_Muslimah
05-15-2010, 05:26 PM
Welcome to the forum Mr. Domino ..

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!