/* */

PDA

View Full Version : ~ Favourite times of ze Year!..Yaye ~

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-11-2010, 08:48 AM
Aslaamu Alaaykum..

I Muslim World for one created this thread to ask everyone about what they`re favourite time of the year is, e.g. Summer, Winter, Autumn, Spring(almost forgot that 1), so yeah..
Whats your favourite, and how do you usually spend it, which season do you usually spend more TIME off IB...Since so many members have been on here for years MashaAllaah, which season do you see yourself off IB ,or is there no season that happens in?:skeleton:
And what are your best things about that special season lol..jus made my self laff, but hopefully created the thread for some fun reason, or maybe not for all i guess :|

Please share some images, stories ,experiences etc and all that kinda geeky stuff if poss so yeah
and smile like this======>:statisfie..so i know your happy inshaAllaah

So yeah, hope there is benefit in this indeed...
Allaah knows best

Wa alaaaykum Salaam;D

ps .i hope i made sense:statisfie

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-20-2010, 01:54 PM
Bump *bumps into herself once again* :\

Asiyah3
05-20-2010, 02:29 PM
Firstly I'll write the good/bad sides.
Summer:
- bugs
- Sometimes too warm

+ Ice cream!+ berries
+ Flowers & Gardens
+ amusement park, zoo
+ Travel
+ Jogging

Winter
- Cold
- Don't feel like going out

+ no bugs
+ Sledding, snowman, snowball fight
+ Winter sports

That's what came into my mind (feel free to add anything). I think that all seasons have their up- and downsides. I like them all, perhaps summer the most, because of the beauty of nature.

shuraimfan4lyf
05-20-2010, 02:41 PM
When Ramadan comes..its the best time ever. :wub:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
☆ღUmm Uthmanღ☆
05-20-2010, 03:01 PM
^^ YES!!! Ramadan & ofcourse at the time for Iftaar!!;D

& most obviously the 2 Eids..

apart from the above, everyday seems the same except if therez some kinda special event or a day out or whatever..:hmm:

aadil77
05-20-2010, 04:06 PM
winter is the best, the best time to literally 'chill' out lol, fitna levels are lower too lol

in summer over here you can't do anything without sweating buckets, burning your skin and also being exposed to huge amounts of fitna

Life_Is_Short
05-20-2010, 04:36 PM
I like summer mainly because you get lots of days off studies and this is the only time of the year when i can flee from this country.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-20-2010, 05:14 PM
LOL Summer i call it the Month of Jihaad!... Its hard going outside, some muslim are seen as "Extremists" i hate when people ask you , "Are you hot?" flippin NOT nice people:(

Life_Is_Short
05-20-2010, 05:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim World 12
LOL Summer i call it the Month of Jihaad!... Its hard going outside, some muslim are seen as "Extremists" i hate when people ask you , "Are you hot?" flippin NOT nice people:(
You should say " Yeah but I much rather keep them on". :X

By the way today is the hottest day in Uk.

aadil77
05-20-2010, 06:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Life_Is_Short

it is boiling even with the windows open, i'd like to go nd get some fresh air but I have a stupid exam... on SAturday!!

tango92
05-20-2010, 06:13 PM
^it was so cloudy this morning, i thought it would ruin the day for scantily dressed individuals.... oh well lol

but yh, autumn is defo the best time cause school is just starting, so you can procrastinate in peace :) (i hope that word's geeky enough) and the weather is perfect err so yh

and winter is good for early night sleeping, cause i usually knockout after maghrib :exhausted

indeed, this year for the deen, we shall succeed!!! ;D;D;D;D

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-20-2010, 06:25 PM
^ That post was incredibly Geeky!. . .
Yes procrastinate is well nerdy word because i had to copy paste it SO YEAH. . .

Indeed for we shall suceed : )
It was i think 20 degrees today apparently, i wish it wouldnt be soo hot on College days, seriously i cant be asked with it, rather on Weekends or holidays <<<----Wow that almost rhymed :). . .
I like it when it rains on College days :p, so i can feel more comfortable with the weather, and not have to sit with a bunch of Naked ozone layered people . . .i loved those freezing icey cold days, they were totally awesome . . . . . WHOS with me aye? Ermm im justt messing we all got our own onions :) :D. . . .

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-20-2010, 06:26 PM
I like this thread, quite interesting. . . .

So Yeah

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-20-2010, 06:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mujaheedah
^^ YES!!! Ramadan & ofcourse at the time for Iftaar!!;D

& most obviously the 2 Eids..

apart from the above, everyday seems the same except if therez some kinda special event or a day out or whatever..:hmm:

Yeah Ramadhaan is such a beautiful time, the feeling is so peaceful:)

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-20-2010, 06:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
winter is the best, the best time to literally 'chill' out lol, fitna levels are lower too lol

in summer over here you can't do anything without sweating buckets, burning your skin and also being exposed to huge amounts of fitna
I remember in my country when i went, you dont get burned, you just come back with a lighter skin colour, but here in Eggland its just the totaly Oppossite, anybody know the reason why?

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-20-2010, 06:30 PM

Lol me i dont say anything to anyone no more lol, ive become really really really really really really . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Since i began wearing the Hijaab

Life_Is_Short
05-20-2010, 06:32 PM
Lol me i dont say anything to anyone no more lol, ive become really really really really really really . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Since i began wearing the Hijaab
A stupid question deserves a sarcastic answer.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-20-2010, 06:36 PM
Such as?. . . .

Life_Is_Short
05-20-2010, 06:52 PM
Such as?. . . .
Q: "Do you wear a head scarf because you're bald?"
A: "No I'm hiding gold treasure under there."

Asiyah3
05-20-2010, 06:57 PM
I like it when it rains on College days :p, so i can feel more comfortable with the weather, and not have to sit with a bunch of Naked ozone layered people . .
True. I also like when it rains (without lighting :hiding:).

i loved those freezing icey cold days, they were totally awesome . . . . .
But how about when your hands and toes get frostbitten and all?

Asiyah3
05-20-2010, 06:58 PM
Q: "Do you wear a head scarf because you're bold?"
Good one! :p

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-20-2010, 07:00 PM
Q: "Do you wear a head scarf because you're bold?"
LOL MashaAllaah , reminded me of that phrase "Old is Gold". . sorry a bit random i know, but thats quite a good answer. .

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-20-2010, 07:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by **muslimah**
True. I also like when it rains (without lighting :hiding:).

But how about when your hands and toes get frostbitten and all?
Lol well thats not cool, but when it snows you get days of College,Uni etc :p, but true say, but theyre still awesome :D and can you get Frostbitten? lol

Asiyah3
05-20-2010, 07:05 PM
Lol well thats not cool, but when it snows you get days of College,Uni etc :p, but true say, but theyre still awesome :D and can you get Frostbitten? lol
Lol well either I don't undrestand the meaning of the word properly or it's because I live in Finland. You don't have to go to school when it snows?

Life_Is_Short
05-20-2010, 07:07 PM
You don't get days off college. I remember last year the whole of London was closed including the busses and they told us to take a taxi to come to college.

A taxi to college? I mean, come on!

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-20-2010, 07:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by **muslimah**
Lol well either I don't undrestand the meaning of the word properly or it's because I live in Finland. You don't have to go to school when it snows?
Yeah well when it snows heavily, if it snows heavily then Alhamdulilaah the College,schools are closed dont know about Unis tho, think theyre closed too this year it snowed heavy it was AWESOME! :)

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-20-2010, 07:16 PM
You don't get days off college. I remember last year the whole of London was closed including the busses and they told us to take a taxi to come to college.

A taxi to college? I mean, come on!
Yeah here they just tell us no college :p, you still must go even if its heavy? Im not far off from you i think lol well im quite a few hours away from London, but i thought the law would be same everywhere, but i guess its not :\ i mean it gets really bad, their was a few accidents, some cars skidded really bad causing accidents, and one car i remember went upside down lol and it was also a taxi, coz the road was really dangerous but some people take the risk i guess :\ aaah well...darn the risk takers!

So yeah

Abu Zainab
05-20-2010, 07:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by shuraimfan4lyf
When Ramadan comes..its the best time ever. :wub:
You said it brother....here in Jeddah its like Eid everyday.

Not to mention you get to pray with Al-Shraim !!!;D

BTW we have only two seasons here - summer and winter (if you can call it that). Of course everybody likes winter here. Its sort of like spring in your part of the world.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-20-2010, 07:48 PM
^You mean Sa`ud ash-Shuraym? You get to stand in prayer with him? MashaAllaah!

aadil77
05-20-2010, 08:10 PM
I remember in my country when i went, you dont get burned, you just come back with a lighter skin colour, but here in Eggland its just the totaly Oppossite, anybody know the reason why?
uk apparently has no ozone layer, thats why its easier to get sun burns

I've had saudi's tell me they've never sweated like this until they came here lol

Abu Zainab
05-20-2010, 08:16 PM
^You mean Sa`ud ash-Shuraym? You get to stand in prayer with him? MashaAllaah!
Yes...Makkah is like an hours drive from here...Alhumdulillaah

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-20-2010, 08:27 PM
uk apparently has no ozone layer, thats why its easier to get sun burns

I've had saudi's tell me they've never sweated like this until they came here lol
And Saudi Arabia or mostly muslim or lets say eastern countries are meant to be Hot Countries according to what i know :\ . . thats weird how they havent sweated as much but Allahu Alam!

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-20-2010, 08:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Imraan
Yes...Makkah is like an hours drive from here...Alhumdulillaah
MashaAllaah. . . you must love it indeed

Sawdah
05-20-2010, 08:37 PM
My favorite season would be Summer because:
- I like can cool myself with cool drinks, ice cream or a lovely fan next to me. :D
- I can sleep in.
- I like laying in the shade while the wind blows

...but I could do without:
- anything bug that can bite, sting and/or fly.
- the comments like "Aren't you hot with your hijab and your robe(abayah)?!"

Though, the best time for me would be Ramadhan because:
- everyone is fasting
- everyone is friendly
- shaytan is locked up
- taraweeh (my favorite part!)
- everyone wakes up and eats suhoor then prays Fajr
- the entire family eats iftaar then prays Maghrib, mA.:smile:
- its an Imaan rush for me. :smile:
- everything just feels great alhamdulillah.

tango92
05-20-2010, 09:06 PM
the big drawback to summer is the moths. its so hot you have to open the windows, but open the windows even a tiny bit and humongous moths find their way in...

shuraimfan4lyf
05-20-2010, 09:37 PM
LOL MashaAllaah , reminded me of that phrase "Old is Gold". . sorry a bit random i know, but thats quite a good answer. .
Bare Random!

format_quote Originally Posted by Imraan
You said it brother....here in Jeddah its like Eid everyday.

Not to mention you get to pray with Al-Shraim !!!;D

BTW we have only two seasons here - summer and winter (if you can call it that). Of course everybody likes winter here. Its sort of like spring in your part of the world.
You are one blessed brother mashaAllah..but Sheikh Shuraim does not lead as much as he used to..He is busy with his duties at Umm al Qura and such. May Allah protect him. May Allah bless us to witness masjid al haram, especially the one people who have not been there yet..Ameen Ya rabb....

Life_Is_Short
05-20-2010, 09:42 PM
Yeah here they just tell us no college :p, you still must go even if its heavy? Im not far off from you i think lol well im quite a few hours away from London, but i thought the law would be same everywhere, but i guess its not :\ i mean it gets really bad, their was a few accidents, some cars skidded really bad causing accidents, and one car i remember went upside down lol and it was also a taxi, coz the road was really dangerous but some people take the risk i guess :\ aaah well...darn the risk takers!

So yeah
They ran out of grit and that's why those cars skid. lol

aadil77
05-20-2010, 09:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tango92
the big drawback to summer is the moths. its so hot you have to open the windows, but open the windows even a tiny bit and humongous moths find their way in...
yh I've have the fattest moths invading my room, but u cant do anythin cos its too hot

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-20-2010, 10:03 PM
^You can pick em up and take em outside and lock the windows and turn the fan on :|. . . then maybe they wont get in. . .
Problemo Solved indeed
since your excuses are "its too hot" maybe try that, atleast it will prevent bigg cute delicious moths from getting in :p

LOL i joke :\

So yeah

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-20-2010, 10:05 PM
basically one way or the other so yeah!

Abdul Wahid
05-20-2010, 10:24 PM
The best time is indeed Ramadhan. Nothing can beat such a beautiful month. I can't wait this year. InshaALLAH I'll be going Umrah this Ramadhan. Don't need to stress about nothing else InshaALLAH apart from pleasing ALLAH(SWT).

With regards to the seasons - I like all 4 seasons. SubhanaALLAH everything is from ALLAH(SWT). We often moan about the weather and don't appreciate the blessings of ALLAH(SWT).

Usually in the UK the seasons are not a true reflection. Spring often is the coldest. You have more sun in Autumn than Summer. SubhanaALLAH its all good.

I like it when it rains. Normally when I go to the Masjid to pray I get soaked. It's not good because my parents moan at me but I like it. Plus there is less fitna. Rain is a blessing from ALLAH(SWT). Rain also helps grow crops. It is ALLAH(SWT) who grows from the earth all the different kinds of fruits and vegetables. SubhanaALLAH.

I like it even more when it snows. Plenty of snow fights. Especially after Maghrib we have a proper war. The funny thing is in snows in the UK and everything comes to a halt.

Summer is good cos its cricket season. A nice hot day in the cricket field. Only bad thing is I end up coming home with a nasty tan.

Some pictures:

Autumn season.

Winter season.

aadil77
05-20-2010, 10:27 PM
since your excuses are "its too hot" maybe try that, atleast it will prevent bigg cute delicious moths from getting in :p

So yeah
do u want me to send them to you, u can munch on themm when u feel hungry :p

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-21-2010, 02:48 PM
^Yeah sure . . . No Problemo :-\

Indeed

tango92
05-21-2010, 03:30 PM
i saw some sisters in the park today, alhumdullilah they were still wearing their scarves and abayas.

Cabdullahi
05-23-2010, 08:59 PM
favourite time of the year?

not really

Woodrow
05-23-2010, 09:26 PM
I am now about half way through my first year of living full time in North Dakota. I've already forgotten much of the world has seasons. I am now convinced we just have winter with maybe a few warm days. So I guess winter has to be my favorite season, as I don't seem to have any choices to select from.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-23-2010, 09:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
favourite time of the year?

not really
lol okay . . .

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-23-2010, 09:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
I am now about half way through my first year of living full time in North Dakota. I've already forgotten much of the world has seasons. I am now convinced we just have winter with maybe a few warm days. So I guess winter has to be my favorite season, as I don't seem to have any choices to select from.
I agree, but i like all seasons, but living in a western country its really hard to enjoy summer as theirs too much FITNAH! Living here for those who are working, in education etc, Winter is better as theres less fitnah to see or lets say around you inshaAllaah. . .

Ğħαrєєвαħ
06-19-2010, 09:34 PM
Another favourite Time of the year is here and tis Summahh

So yeah

Raziah
06-26-2010, 06:53 PM
The best time is Ramadhan month, I can't wait to fast in those great days.

aadil77
06-26-2010, 08:15 PM
laylatul qadr - no other time like it

Masuma
06-26-2010, 08:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Raziah
The best time is Ramadhan month, I can't wait to fast in those great days.
I love Ramadhan but fasting proves really hard for me.

Ramadhan in my country usually come in hot summer. And this "hot summer" is nothing like the one in your countries. Here the temperature reaches 49 and sometimes 52 degrees and people are like dying of thirst.

But no complaints about that. astaghfirullah!

My favorite time of year is usually winters.

glo
06-26-2010, 08:21 PM
I love the spring with it's promise of new beginnings.
Summer and Autumn are often the busiest times for me - much time is spent in the garden, growing, harvesting and processing food.
I usually find time for this forum tough. :D

The times I tend to take time off IB/LI is in the run-up the Christmas (Advent) and Easter (Lent), and during Ramadan.

CosmicPathos
06-26-2010, 09:38 PM
I love autumn.

The red poison that spreads in the ivies and hanging leaves on the shabby boughs reminds me of the fire that burns in us everyday of our life till death. Autumn is the fall of every season. From a materialist perspective, you can liken man's birth to spring, to blossoming of flesh and man's death to autumn, to the fall of ego into the depths of dust .... its sort of haunting yet the truth. So I try to relish that and try to enjoy the golden rays of Sun that enlighten the red autumnal leaves in the crimson evenings of our existence ... the Sun that shall one day die too.

CosmicPathos
06-26-2010, 09:41 PM
I love autumn.

The red poison spreading in the Ivies reminding me of the fire that burns us everyday of our life till death. Autumn is the fall of every season. From a materialist perspective, you can liken man's birth to spring, to blossoming of flesh and man's death to autumn, to the fall of ego into the depths of dust .... its sort of haunting yet the truth. So I try to relish that and try to enjoy the golden rays of Sun that enlighten the red autumnal leaves in the crimson evenings ...

glo
06-26-2010, 09:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mad_scientist
I love autumn.

The red poison spreading in the Ivies reminding me of the fire that burns us everyday of our life till death. Autumn is the fall of every season. From a materialist perspective, you can liken man's birth to spring, to blossoming of flesh and man's death to autumn, to the fall of ego into the depths of dust .... its sort of haunting yet the truth. So I try to relish that and try to enjoy the golden rays of Sun that enlighten the red autumnal leaves in the crimson evenings ...
Beautiful post, mad scientist.
It almost reads like a poem. :)

Salam:)
07-14-2010, 09:44 PM
Ramadan & Eid, + Summer + Winter :D
Whatever Allah gives us :D
AlHamdulilah.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
08-05-2010, 07:30 PM
Yaye the favourite time of the year is back once again, Ramadhaaan! Alhamdulilaah

Ğħαrєєвαħ
08-12-2011, 02:08 PM
^And its back again! Alhamdulilaah

( BTW weird thread :S)

Ansariyah
08-12-2011, 05:10 PM
I love all the seasons, I get bored so easily so I love the change and await happily for the next season. But yeah Nothing compares to Ramadan MashAllah, May Allah accept our fast ameeeen.=)

aadil77
08-12-2011, 05:21 PM
man some of my old posts......plain embarrassing :shade:

Ğħαrєєвαħ
08-12-2011, 05:43 PM
As'Salaamu Alaaykum

format_quote Originally Posted by Yanoorah
I love all the seasons, I get bored so easily so I love the change and await happily for the next season. But yeah Nothing compares to Ramadan MashAllah, May Allah accept our fast ameeeen.=)
Aameen to du'aa..I like all seasons alHamdulilaah.. Ramadhaan is the best ofcourse

man some of my old posts......plain embarrassing :shade:
nothing compared to mine..

speaking of fave time of year cant wait for the night of power -Laylatul Qadr! I hope that we are prepared inshaa'Allaah, but it is unfortunate that those are the days when ramadhaan will be nearly leaving and Allaah SWT knows if we will be here the following year.

Innocent Soul
08-13-2011, 01:54 PM
^o) I noticed that our sis Jεώel oғ ωïѕdoм is bumping ~all her threads~ :D. I know we have to bump all our threads to get some attention :giggling:.

To be on topic I like winter season because it don't have much disadvantages :X. Ramadan is the only time when we do something new otherwise our daily routine would remain the same and boring :skeleton:.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
08-13-2011, 02:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Innocent Soul
^o) I noticed that our sis Jεώel oғ ωïѕdoм is bumping ~all her threads~ :D. I know we have to bump all our threads to get some attention :giggling:.

To be on topic I like winter season because it don't have much disadvantages :X. Ramadan is the only time when we do something new otherwise our daily routine would remain the same and boring :skeleton:.
As'Salaam Alaaykum sistah

So it seems you finally noticed ^o) masha'Allaah!
I guess I wanted the threads bumped up :-\ becauseeee :omg:, you tell me?
I was in a 'bumping up thread mood' you see, so yeah you guessed it right!

Yeah i agree i guess ramadhaan is the only time there is probably more of a change, oh and Eid.

Hope you are doing well dear sis.

Pure Purple
08-13-2011, 03:41 PM
Best time is of course Ramadan with winter season .

Serendipity
08-14-2011, 03:30 PM
I don't know, sometimes Winter because of the snow and sometimes sumer because of the holiday but I hate really hot weather especially if you are fasting.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!