/* */

PDA

View Full Version : It's that (sad) time of year again!

Life_Is_Short
05-11-2010, 11:06 PM
:sl:

Since some of us are drawing near to exams, I thought i'll who's taking exams this year? :(

I'm taking some chemistry and physics exams this year. :phew

I also wanted to post this poem. It kind of get's me going at exam time. :hiding:

Courage
Courage is the strength to stand up
When it's easier to fall down and lose hold.
It is the conviction to explore new horizons
When it's easier to believe what we've been told.
Courage is the desire to maintain our integrity
When it's easier to look the other way.
It is feeling happy and alive, and moving forward
When it's easier to feel sorry for ourselves and stay.
Courage is the will to shape our world
When it's easier to let someone else do it for us.
It is the recognition that none of us are perfect
When it's easier to criticize others and fuss.
Courage is the power to step forward and lead
When it's easier to follow the crowd; their pleas resound.
It is the spirit that places you on top of the mountain
When it's easier to never leave the ground.
The foundation of courage is solid,
The rock that doesn't roll.

May Allah give us all the strength to succeed in this life and grant us success in the next.

Ameen!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aadil77
05-11-2010, 11:34 PM
awwh please don't remind us, i come here to get my mind off exams :exhausted

Life_Is_Short
05-12-2010, 12:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
awwh please don't remind us, i come here to get my mind off exams :exhausted
I'm so sorry.

Myself
05-12-2010, 04:07 AM
just about to finish my first semester for this year. alhamdulillah, was lucky enough not to have any exams for the subjects i'd chosen this semester. next sem, uh-oh.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
tango92
05-13-2010, 09:06 PM
now im reaping the reward for a yr of playing table tennis in my free periods rather than studying :exhausted

something about summer always helps my studies go better, i must be genetically programmed to pass exams or something;D;D

Khalil_Allah
05-14-2010, 04:05 PM
I finished my last exam yesterday. Constitutional Law, 24-hr take home exam. Professor: "hey, it should only take about 6 hours if you just sit down and get to work." I sat down, got to work at 4:00pm and worked straight until fajr, fell asleep for 3 hours after fajr, then got up and worked for 4 more hours until I finished. LOLZ but hamdulillah I'm done!

Misz_Muslimah
05-15-2010, 09:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Life_Is_Short

Since some of us are drawing near to exams, I thought i'll who's taking exams this year? :(

I'm taking some chemistry and physics exams this year. :phew

I also wanted to post this poem. It kind of get's me going at exam time. :hiding:

Courage
Courage is the strength to stand up
When it's easier to fall down and lose hold.
It is the conviction to explore new horizons
When it's easier to believe what we've been told.
Courage is the desire to maintain our integrity
When it's easier to look the other way.
It is feeling happy and alive, and moving forward
When it's easier to feel sorry for ourselves and stay.
Courage is the will to shape our world
When it's easier to let someone else do it for us.
It is the recognition that none of us are perfect
When it's easier to criticize others and fuss.
Courage is the power to step forward and lead
When it's easier to follow the crowd; their pleas resound.
It is the spirit that places you on top of the mountain
When it's easier to never leave the ground.
The foundation of courage is solid,
The rock that doesn't roll.

May Allah give us all the strength to succeed in this life and grant us success in the next.

Ameen!
Mashallah nice poem and Ameen to the dua :)
I have a Physic and Chemistry exam left and that's it alhamdulilah but that's in June..

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-15-2010, 09:36 PM
I have finals around the corner for Organic Chemistry(part 2) and Microbiology. I just got sick yesterday :( Perfect timing eh? Lol.

S<Chowdhury
05-15-2010, 09:39 PM
Ohhhh jeeeeez thanx for reminding me people great, I got my final A2 Papers Law, History, English im still procrastinating isssh too busy with my car n everythin else started revision but haven't made head way in it last minute revision willl have 2 suffice

Asiyah3
05-15-2010, 10:02 PM

Ameen!
:wa:
Ameen. I have biology, maths and English this fall. :phew This'll be my worst summer, but insha'llah beneficial.

aadil77
05-15-2010, 10:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by S<Chowdhury
Ohhhh jeeeeez thanx for reminding me people great, I got my final A2 Papers Law, History, English im still procrastinating isssh too busy with my car n everythin else started revision but haven't made head way in it last minute revision willl have 2 suffice
showoff is that your new car?

Abdul Wahid
05-18-2010, 06:11 AM

Ameen!
Ameen.

Alhumdulillah I've done my exams but got 4 more at the end of June so do dua that ALLAH(SWT) makes it easy for all of us. Ameen.

Woodrow
05-18-2010, 06:27 AM
I only have my upcoming final exam to pass. I do not know when I will face it, but I know I will face it. While the many exams I took in my life were important, those past grades are now insignificant and will not affect my final grade, when it comes.

My dua is that you all will pass your exams with ease, please keep me in your dua's that I will be prepared for the moment of my final exam.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-18-2010, 01:48 PM
I just had my lab practical for Microbiology yesterday and now preparing for my final exam on Wednesday for the same class. One thing made my day though, acing my lab report for it! She's gunna count it as a test :D:D So das gunna count a lot towards my grade.

yahia12
05-18-2010, 07:16 PM
5 exams left this semester. one thing i dont like much is labs some are totally pointless and the problem is some proffessors do not tolerate mistakes.
inshallah i finish all these exams.

S<Chowdhury
05-18-2010, 07:34 PM
showoff is that your new car?
Show off? haha i'll take that as a compliment cause you know i'll out run your toyota Yaris any day of the week, haha u'll start chasin' but im so fast that you'll find it hard 2 breathe :D

not new remember i bought that bog standard golf.........i couldn't keep driving it looking like that sooo yepp i couldn't help myself but take it to the garage n fix it up :), jus need to add a Sub, amplifiers .... then i'll start revising lol

aadil77
05-18-2010, 08:24 PM
Show off? haha i'll take that as a compliment cause you know i'll out run your toyota Yaris any day of the week, haha u'll start chasin' but im so fast that you'll find it hard 2 breathe :D
u dun kno about my yaris, did I mention its a racing version, it will kill your golf

lol I wish

but u must have spent enuf on it, them angel eye lights and body kit look mint

S<Chowdhury
05-18-2010, 08:46 PM
u dun kno about my yaris, did I mention its a racing version, it will kill your golf

lol I wish

but u must have spent enuf on it, them angel eye lights and body kit look mint
Haha niceee Yaris, i wouldn't mind a Yaris to be honest, a gd car jus to rinse n thrash around in, lool I'm trying to avoid as many potholes n speed breakers now. Yeaaa cost a bomb i aint even told my wife the exact sum Shhhhh! ;D, standard body kit nuffin special jus lowered the car yea xenon headlights r mint :p, 18 inch audi RS4 rimss dou, i ended up getting Blue Neon lighting sooo im screeeweedd if the Police catch me with them haha.

Back to the topic need to stop thinking about cars n concentrate on exams

aadil77
05-18-2010, 09:21 PM
^btw my yaris looks nothin like that lol

Myself
05-19-2010, 05:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
I only have my upcoming final exam to pass. I do not know when I will face it, but I know I will face it. While the many exams I took in my life were important, those past grades are now insignificant and will not affect my final grade, when it comes.

My dua is that you all will pass your exams with ease, please keep me in your dua's that I will be prepared for the moment of my final exam.
this is the one exam everyone will have to undergo some day or another, and it is the one exam which no one has a timely schedule for. it can come anytime, anywhere. may Allah give us the ability to pass it smoothly in success.

tw009
05-19-2010, 06:32 AM
I was done with my exam about 3 weeks ago, and I actually did good! Alhumduillah! :D and now I have 4 months of vacationnn!

I pray that Allah(swt) makes it easy for all of you.

Woodrow
05-19-2010, 06:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Serdar
5 exams left this semester. one thing i dont like much is labs some are totally pointless and the problem is some proffessors do not tolerate mistakes.
inshallah i finish all these exams.
Doc Brad McPherson "An exam is a very inaccurate method of determining the unmeasurable , for the purpose of evaluating an unknown attribute"

The sad reality is the only thing an exam evaluates accurately, is the subject's ability to pass exams. Yet, it is the only available method of estimating a persons ability to use the skills the course attempts to teach. Real life only gives 2 grades, pass or fail and it does not offer any make up times, nor does it accept less than !00% as a passing grade.

S<Chowdhury
05-19-2010, 07:22 PM
^btw my yaris looks nothin like that lol
Yeaaa I know yur Yaris is bog standard all the better to rinse in :P

aadil77
05-19-2010, 09:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tw009
I was done with my exam about 3 weeks ago, and I actually did good! Alhumduillah! :D and now I have 4 months of vacationnn!

I pray that Allah(swt) makes it easy for all of you.
lucky u, I'm depressed as hell about exams I've barely revised for, I'm such a wasteman :hiding:

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-19-2010, 10:45 PM
Aslaamu Alaaykum. . .

Just had some exams, i dont like exams they are not nice . . .
I find problems revising for em, s o .YEAH!
May Allaah the allmighty make all our exams easy for us..Aameen
and smile, its not like these exams are going to overtake our lives ,hope what i just said makes sense indeed
So yeah

Wa alaaykum Salaam

S<Chowdhury
05-20-2010, 02:28 AM
lucky u, I'm depressed as hell about exams I've barely revised for, I'm such a wasteman :hiding:
u got 1 fing rite ur wasted.............procrastination is the key 2 success i wish, i been jammin 2 a whole new level :P

aadil77
05-20-2010, 08:57 PM
u got 1 fing rite ur wasted.............procrastination is the key 2 success i wish, i been jammin 2 a whole new level :P
that london badboy lingo sounds crap; 'jammin, jam yo hype, butterz etc' some of the most stupid things I've heard, only recently came across it at uni

yh I've never left revision till this late before, day before exam.... :exhausted

S<Chowdhury
05-20-2010, 09:06 PM
that london badboy sounds crap; 'jammin, jam yo hype, butterz etc' some of the most stupid things I've heard, only recently came across it at uni

yh I've never left revision till this late before, day before exam.... :exhausted
Oi Rude Boi dnt be dissin how London boi's speak or man gna get strap u get me fam haha Joke Joke u say its da stupidest thing u heard but u still use it haha LOOOOL, better dan dat Birm-ingham accent LOOOL

day before the exam, thats nothing Bro, i left it till the last 12 hours, for my Jan Modules i didn't revise till 8 hrs till my exam, i was literally up through the night revising for my exam in the morning haha LOOOOL thats extreme revision by the time i finished the exam i was pretty much sleep deprived n practically wasted

Woodrow
05-22-2010, 12:07 AM
Oi Rude Boi dnt be dissin how London boi's speak or man gna get strap u get me fam haha Joke Joke u say its da stupidest thing u heard but u still use it haha LOOOOL, better dan dat Birm-ingham accent LOOOL

day before the exam, thats nothing Bro, i left it till the last 12 hours, for my Jan Modules i didn't revise till 8 hrs till my exam, i was literally up through the night revising for my exam in the morning haha LOOOOL thats extreme revision by the time i finished the exam i was pretty much sleep deprived n practically wasted
This poor guy waited for the last 30 seconds.

shuraimfan4lyf
05-22-2010, 12:16 AM
You manz be chattin bare breeze,more like east london type. allow the hype.

Brenzy
05-22-2010, 12:16 AM
3 exams: Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
Then it's over til next semester woooo! :)
Good luck to everyone else!

Life_Is_Short
05-22-2010, 07:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Light of Heaven
I just had my lab practical for Microbiology yesterday and now preparing for my final exam on Wednesday for the same class. One thing made my day though, acing my lab report for it! She's gunna count it as a test :D:D So das gunna count a lot towards my grade.
:sl: Sis what course are you studying at uni, if you don't mind me asking.

S<Chowdhury
05-23-2010, 02:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by shuraimfan4lyf
you manz be chattin bare breeze,more like east london type. Allow the hype.

east london looooool nahhh i aint reppin dat endz, its all bout north weezy fam !

Al-Yasa
05-23-2010, 01:56 PM
my exam is tomorrow

please make dua

Misz_Muslimah
05-23-2010, 08:03 PM
^ May Allah make it easy for you ..

Karina
05-23-2010, 08:37 PM
Good luck everyone, I have mine in a week: Neurobiology, seminal studies and developmental psychology.

I'm so tired from revising I could cry! And it's been so hot today I couldn't concentrate. :exhausted When it's over, I'm gonna sleep for a week.

Everyone else who has exams, I have you in my thoughts.... :)

shuraimfan4lyf
05-23-2010, 08:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Karina
Good luck everyone, I have mine in a week: Neurobiology, seminal studies and developmental psychology.

I'm so tired from revising I could cry! And it's been so hot today I couldn't concentrate. :exhausted When it's over, I'm gonna sleep for a week.

Everyone else who has exams, I have you in my thoughts.... :)
Sleep for a week? :omg: lol you better eat one week's meal and do all that stuff..

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-25-2010, 03:49 PM
:w:

Sis Life, I'm studying Bioscience InshaAllah. I was planning Pharmacology at first but...LoL.

Life_Is_Short
05-25-2010, 04:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Light of Heaven
:w:

Sis Life, I'm studying Bioscience InshaAllah. I was planning Pharmacology at first but...LoL.
Bioscience, Is it any good? I heard with Pharmacology you can get a job at Glaxo smith. lol

xsmilesx
05-28-2010, 06:33 PM
Good luck to everyone taking exams this term. I understand how hard and stressful this time of year is!
I myself had to give a few exams and i am also pregnant. I always make dua for everyone, so please make dua for me!

M..x
06-04-2010, 01:22 PM
Sorry to break it to you guys, but you sound like retards. Get over it keyboard gangsters ;P.
So glad my sad time of year is dead & gone ;D...Untill re-sits. Hah. :statisfie

Ğħαrєєвαħ
06-04-2010, 07:14 PM
^Haha @ retards

Life_Is_Short
06-05-2010, 02:19 PM
I have one week until my exams begin. All the university students are having fun. :(

shuraimfan4lyf
06-05-2010, 04:08 PM
LOL^...someone is lil late..just kiddin..

☆ღUmm Uthmanღ☆
06-05-2010, 04:35 PM
I have one week until my exams begin. All the university students are having fun. :(
Aww..May Allah (swt) make it easy for u & grant u success, Aameen!! cheer up, u still have time to revise.:)

Snowflake
06-05-2010, 04:37 PM
Seriously don't fret little bros and sisters. Your exams are only tiny compared to the test Allah has given us. How well are we gonna do in that one I wonder? imsad

May Allah grant you success in both, especially the BIG one. Ameen :)

Detritavore
06-06-2010, 06:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scents of Jannah
Seriously don't fret little bros and sisters. Your exams are only tiny compared to the test Allah has given us. How well are we gonna do in that one I wonder? imsad

May Allah grant you success in both, especially the BIG one. Ameen :)
This is so true. Ameen.

yahia12
06-08-2010, 08:34 PM
Lately i have been having problem Always when i do have a new course ihve afraid of the exams, i feel like a bad loser somehow. the thought of failing comes in my mind and distracts alot.

Ella92
06-08-2010, 08:46 PM
Indeed, Ameen!

S<Chowdhury
06-08-2010, 08:54 PM
Lately procrastination has officially taken over...... today for my module, i hadn't open the book till the last remaining two hours before the exam started, nothing worse than going into a examination with you knowing your gonna fail........let me be the cautionary tale ;D LOL................thankfully it was only a retake from January

shuraimfan4lyf
06-08-2010, 09:13 PM
True^, I hate that feeling when you are about to take an exam that you didnt study for!

S<Chowdhury
06-08-2010, 11:23 PM
True^, I hate that feeling when you are about to take an exam that you didnt study for!
Yea i jus hope this is the last time im not going to revise for an exam

tango92
06-08-2010, 11:27 PM
i have an exam in 8.5 hrs and im still procrastinating

Ğħαrєєвαħ
06-08-2010, 11:29 PM
What does Procrastinating mean?
Sorry is it like scared or not ready or something?
Sorry

shuraimfan4lyf
06-08-2010, 11:30 PM
pro·cras·ti·nate
   /proʊˈkræstəˌneɪt, prə-/ Show Spelled [proh-kras-tuh-neyt, pruh-] Show IPA verb,-nat·ed, -nat·ing.
–verb (used without object)
to defer action; delay: to procrastinate until an opportunity is lost.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
06-08-2010, 11:31 PM
pro·cras·ti·nate
   /proʊˈkræstəˌneɪt, prə-/ Show Spelled [proh-kras-tuh-neyt, pruh-] Show IPA verb,-nat·ed, -nat·ing.
–verb (used without object)
to defer action; delay: to procrastinate until an opportunity is lost.
Oh Jazakallahu Khayr , i was kinda close i think . . .

So you must all work hard before your Opportunity is Lost

So yeah

S<Chowdhury
06-08-2010, 11:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tango92
i have an exam in 8.5 hrs and im still procrastinating
haha you can't beat me brother try an hour before the exam

tango92
06-09-2010, 08:11 AM
haha you can't beat me brother try an hour before the exam
errrr congrats brother i guess. you have surpassed me lol

Abu Zainab
06-09-2010, 09:12 AM
So bro, how did your exam go?

Next time bro, when procrastination attacks take refuge in Allaah from the accursed shaytaan....because procrastination is one of his tools to make the believers anxious and depressed.

tango92
06-09-2010, 09:47 AM
^turns out i read my timetable wrong, its gonna be in 2hrs 45mins

maths-C4, make dua 4 me please, im gonna need it

Abu Zainab
06-09-2010, 10:19 AM

May Allaah make it easy for you.

Hey...don't waste you time here. Hit those sums and problems. Do you happen to have a copy of any old exam (solved)...thats probably the best thing to do your revision with in such a short period of time.

Please report after your exam is over...Over and out !

Misz_Muslimah
06-09-2010, 10:42 AM

May Allah make it easy for u..Hope everything geos well..

S<Chowdhury
06-09-2010, 10:47 AM

Yes at least i succeeded in something yesterday LOL should really try to revise more, inshallah you'll do good brother in Maths C4

Ğħαrєєвαħ
06-09-2010, 10:50 AM

May Allaah make this Exam easy for you Ameen

tango92
06-19-2010, 06:05 PM
thanks for the duas guys, it went well Alhumdulillah but coulda been better, made a few silly mistakes

Ğħαrєєвαħ
06-19-2010, 06:50 PM
SubhaanAllaah Bro. .

I made an even bigger mistake :-\, Ull be pleased and happy if you compare you mistake to myn , seriously! :-\

tango92
06-19-2010, 09:11 PM
^i could never be happy if my muslim sister made a mistake

Abu Zainab
06-20-2010, 08:20 AM
thanks for the duas guys, it went well Alhumdulillah but coulda been better, made a few silly mistakes
Congrats bro! Don't worry about ze mistakes...There is an old Arab saying "We are only called insan because we are nasyan(forgetful)"

In the meantime enjoy the world cup.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!