/* */

PDA

View Full Version : List of Britain's most powerful Muslims for 2010

Nirvana
05-13-2010, 02:08 PM
Muslim Power List 2010 now published. This is from 30th April 2010, so some of it might be out of date now. This is from the website www.muslimpowerlist.com and there are lots I can agree with but a few on there I don't think should be there at all. Have a look. What do you think? A lot of important people are missing I think.

Politics and Government

1. Baron Nazir Ahmed
Lord Ahmed of Rotherham, House of Lords

2. Azad Ali
Islamic Forum Europe, Muslim Council of Britain,
Civil Service Islamic Society and MCR

3. Mohammed Amin
Conservative Muslim Forum,
Muslim Council of Britain and Three Faiths Forum

4. Asghar and Zulfiqar Bukhari
Muslim Public Affairs Committee UK

5. Baron Khalid Hameed
Lord Hameed of Hampstead, House of Lords

6. Dr. Syed Salah Kamall
Member of European Parliament

7. Ajmal Masroor
LibDem PPC, Muslim Council of Britain
and Islamic Society of Britain

8. Cllr. Abjol Miah
Respect Party PPC, Tower Hamlets Councillor

9. Osama Saeed
Scottish National Party PPC
and Scottish-Islamic Foundation

10. Baron Mohamed Iltaf Sheikh
Lord Sheikh of Cornhill, House of Lords

11. Dr. Abdul Wahid
Leader of Hizb-ut-Tahrir, Britain

12. Baroness Sayeeda Hussain Warsi
Lady Warsi of Dewsbury, House of Lords

13. Cllr. Salma Yaqoob
Leader of Respect Party and
Birmingham City Councillor

(seven spaces left blank because of the general election. they will be filled in later they say.)

Media, Arts and Entertainment

21. Asad Ahmad
Newsreader, BBC London

22. Aaqil Ahmed
Head of Religion and Ethics, BBC

23. Imran Akram
CEO, Brit Writers Awards

24. Fareena Alam
Journalist, Press TV

25. Mohammed Ali
Aerosol Arabic

26. Shujat Ali
MD, Asian Sound Radio

27. Moazzam Begg
Author and Director, Cageprisoners

28. Riazat Butt
Religious Affairs, The Guardian

29. Mohammed Tahir Chaudhry
Editor, Urdu Times

30. Andleeb Hanif
Editor, Asian Express

31. Mohamed Ali Harrath
CEO, Islam Channel

32. Mehdi Hasan
Senior Editor, New Statesman

33. Mishal Husain
Newsreader, BBC News

34. Muhammed Hussain
Editor, The Muslim Post

35. Faisal Islam
Economics Editor, Channel 4 News

36. Yusuf Islam
Singer/Songwriter

37. Shelina Zahra Janohamed
Author

38. Sarah Joseph OBE
Editor, emel magazine

39. Ahmed Malik
Editor, Muslim Weekly
Editor, Weekly Bangladesh
Independent PPC, London

40. Rageh Omaar
Journalist, Al-Jazeera TV

41. Emdad Rahman
Editor, LondonBangla

42. Adil Ray
Presenter, BBC Asian Network

43. Arshia Riaz
Presenter/Producer, BBC Radio

44. Yvonne Ridley
Journalist, Press TV and founder of Viva Palestina,
First Witness Productions and Cageprisoners

45. Peter Sanders
Photographer

46. Khalid Sharif
Editor, The Muslim Paper and MCB

47. Muhammad Tahir
Editor, Ummah magazine

48. Zakia Yousaf
Editor, The Asian Today

49. Sami Yusuf
Singer/Songwriter

Business and Finance

50. Nighat Awan
Shere Khan Group

51. James Caan
Hamilton Bradshaw and BBC Dragons Den

52. Sultan Choudhury
Director, Islamic Bank of Britain
Director, Al Kauthar Institute

53. Mohammed Abdel Moneim Al Fayed
Chairman, Harrods and Fulham FC

54. Mohammed Khalid
Chairman, Chicken Cottage

55. Sir Gulam Noon
Noon Products

56. Sir Anwar Pervez
Bestway Group

57. M. Ashraf Piranie
Finance Director, Nottingham Building Society

58. Shabir Ahmed Randeree
European Islamic Investment Bank and DCD

59. Amin Tejani
LPC Group

Public Service and Non-Profit

60. Dr. Daud Abdullah
Director, Middle East Monitor

61. Nazir Afzal
Crown Prosecution Service

62. Dr. Mirza Ahmad
Director of Governance, Birmingham City Council

63. Akeela Ahmed
CEO, Muslim Youth Helpline

64. Anas Altikriti
President, Cordoba Foundation

65. Rear-Admiral Amjad Hussain
Royal Navy

66. Rizwan Hussain
Barrister and TV Presenter

67. Jehangir Malik
Director, Islamic Relief UK

68. Dr. Zahida Manzoor CBE
Legal Services Complaints Commissioner
and Legal Services Ombudsman

69. Ifath Nawaz
President, Association of Muslim Lawyers

70. Ismail Patel
Founder, Friends of Al-Aqsa and IslamExpo

71. Syed Sharfuddin
CEO, Muslim Aid

Education and Academia

72. Dr. Tahir Abbas
Birmingham University and Takbeer TV

73. Dr. Manazir Ahsan MBE
Islamic Foundation, Markfield

74. Dr. Chris Allen
Birmingham University

75. Dr. Muhammad Farmer
British Institute of Technology and E-commerce

76. Ian Fenn
Head Teacher, Burnage Media Arts College

77. Prof. Salim Al-Hassani
Manchester University, British Science Association and
the Foundation for Science, Technology and Civilisation

78. Ibrahim Hewitt
Head Teacher, Al-Aqsa Primary School

79. Dr. MH Mukadam
Chairman, Association of Muslim Schools UK

80. Dr. Farhan Nizami CBE
Oxford University

81. Mohammad Mushfique Uddin
CEO, Ebrahim College

Islamic Education (Da'wah)

82. Ustadha Bint Ahmad
Al Zahra Women's Islamic Education Institute

83. Dr. Ahmad Al-Dubayan
Director General, London Central Mosque

84. Yusuf Chambers
Green and Chambers

85. Abdur Raheem Green
Green and Chambers

86. Sheikh Haitham Al-Haddad
Islamic Sharia Council and (MRDF)
Muslim Research and Development Foundation

87. Dr. Usama Hasan
Al-Tawhid Masjid, London

88. Jalal ibn Saeed Mohabbat
Al Fitrah Family and 1Eid

89. Hasan Mueenuddin
Secretary General, Dawatul Islam

90. Sheikh Abdul Qayyum
Imam, East London Mosque

91. Hamza Andreas Tzortzis

92. Timothy John Winter (Abdul Hakim Murad)
Cambridge University and Wolfson College

93. M. Zameer
Islamic Da’wah Centre International (IDCI)

Sport

94. Nicolas Anelka
Striker, Chelsea Football Club

95. Javed Khan
CFO, FA Premier League

96. Amir Khan
World Light Welterweight Champion (Boxing)

97. Anthony Small
Former British and Commonwealth Champion,
Light Middleweight division (Boxing)

98. Kolo Habib Touré
Captain, Manchester City Football Club

99. Danny Williams
British (and former Commonwealth)
Heavyweight Champion (Boxing)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Mohamed_Sadiq
05-13-2010, 02:23 PM
Mansha Allah the Muslim population are doing well in Britain, now we have to try to introduce sharia law in Britain, our next goal!

U forgot Abdisalam Ibrahim for the sport category, he plays for Manchester city (number 48)

Nirvana
05-13-2010, 03:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mohamed_Sadiq
Mansha Allah the Muslim population are doing well in Britain, now we have to try to introduce sharia law in Britain, our next goal!

U forgot Abdisalam Ibrahim for the sport category, he plays for Manchester city (number 48)
Who would you remove from the list so they could add Abdisalam Ibrahim?
Maybe Amir Khan cos his reputation has gone down a lot because of the stuff about his personal life.

I was surprised to see that one of the main guys running the English Premier League is a Muslim. That's fantastic achievement.

Mohamed_Sadiq
05-13-2010, 04:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nirvana
Who would you remove from the list so they could add Abdisalam Ibrahim?
Maybe Amir Khan cos his reputation has gone down a lot because of the stuff about his personal life.

I was surprised to see that one of the main guys running the English Premier League is a Muslim. That's fantastic achievement.
Yeh fantastic achievement! lool.

I wouldn't remove any1 from the list, I know what you mean about Amir Khan but he still should be on the list.

But some of those Muslim politicians should be removed i think they are useless and they run after the Kufars like dogs, they need to grow a backbone !;D

There are other Muslim footballers around, I don't know whether some of that is true, Allah knows best. Imagine if all those Muslims united the British society would have converted to Islam rapidly.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Supreme
05-13-2010, 04:52 PM
Baroness Warsi in in the Cabinet as of today. She should be in the top five at least, as she is in government. She's the first ever Muslim woman in Cabinet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sayeeda...Baroness_Warsi

Mohamed_Sadiq
05-13-2010, 04:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Supreme
Baroness Warsi in in the Cabinet as of today. She should be in the top five at least, as she is in government. She's the first ever Muslim woman in Cabinet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sayeeda...Baroness_Warsi
She should cover up! She is a bad role model for the muslims girls because she is the face for the muslims women so she should dress modestly and not be westernised, so without that she won't be our top five no matter what hierarchy she is in.

Abdul Wahid
05-13-2010, 05:03 PM
Haven't got time for most of these people. Useless is a better word than powerful.

Some good names in there but ALLAH(SWT) knows best.

Out of curioristy how do they rank these Muslims as the most powerful? Is it because of there status?

Anyway May ALLAH(SWT) guide us all on the right path. Ameen.

Supreme
05-13-2010, 05:05 PM
She should cover up! She is a bad role model for the muslims girls because she is the face for the muslims women so she should dress modestly and not be westernised, so without that she won't be our top five no matter what hierarchy she is in.
She is a grown woman and can dress however she likes. She is no 12 on the list, although I believe she should be promoted, as that list was compiled before today, when she was put in Cabinet.

aadil77
05-13-2010, 05:10 PM
In what way are these muslims powerful? How many of them actually benefit the muslim ummah?

Mohamed_Sadiq
05-13-2010, 05:11 PM
She is a grown woman and can dress however she likes. She is no 12 on the list, although I believe she should be promoted, as that list was compiled before today, when she was put in Cabinet.
Lool at she is a grown woman!

There is no such things as self opinion towards whats haram or halal in Islam, so she has to follow Islam to the correct accordance which is to cover up and not hand shake the opposite sex.

Also this list the ranking is -------s they have no clue who is better than who! no such thing as promotion

Nirvana
05-13-2010, 05:54 PM
LOL !!! No1 noticed that the list is not in order of importance. It is alphabetical order. That's why Lord Nazir Ahmed is first. His name is "Ahmed" LOL

Supreme
05-13-2010, 05:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nirvana
LOL !!! No1 noticed that the list is not in order of importance. It is alphabetical order. That's why Lord Nazir Ahmed is first. His name is "Ahmed" LOL
Oh *slaps head*. Of course!
Lool at she is a grown woman!

There is no such things as self opinion towards whats haram or halal in Islam, so she has to follow Islam to the correct accordance which is to cover up and not hand shake the opposite sex.
Again, she's a grown woman. She can choose to do whatever she wants. If she doesn't want to follow some Islamic conventions, that's her choice, not yours.

Nirvana
05-13-2010, 06:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul Wahid
Haven't got time for most of these people. Useless is a better word than powerful.

Some good names in there but ALLAH(SWT) knows best.

Out of curioristy how do they rank these Muslims as the most powerful? Is it because of there status?

Anyway May ALLAH(SWT) guide us all on the right path. Ameen.
I see you are No. 11 on the list!! LOL
So which are you? One of the good names or one of the useless? :p

According to the website the people on the list were voted for by the public.

Mohamed_Sadiq
05-13-2010, 07:13 PM
Oh *slaps head*. Of course!

Again, she's a grown woman. She can choose to do whatever she wants. If she doesn't want to follow some Islamic conventions, that's her choice, not yours.
Well if she doesn't want to follow her own religion then what does that tell us? that she ain't a Muslim. You won't be a Muslim just by saying ur Muslim, but you have to do the action and worship Allah (swt) so stop telling me that she is a grown woman cause I know she is old you don't need to tell me how old she is. Oh.. yes she can do what she wants but she will regret it one day! people these days!!! becoming westernised !!!

shuraimfan4lyf
05-13-2010, 07:27 PM
Baroness Sayeeda Warsi pelted with eggs

Supreme
05-13-2010, 08:40 PM
Well if she doesn't want to follow her own religion then what does that tell us? that she ain't a Muslim. You won't be a Muslim just by saying ur Muslim, but you have to do the action and worship Allah (swt) so stop telling me that she is a grown woman cause I know she is old you don't need to tell me how old she is. Oh.. yes she can do what she wants but she will regret it one day! people these days!!! becoming westernised !!!
I'm just astounded how you'd judge someone so quickly who you hadn't even heard of before this thread. It isn't for you to say who is and who isn't a Muslim. You are not God. You know nothing of the woman, or her personal faith. Do not speak on matters with which you have no knowledge.

aadil77
05-13-2010, 08:49 PM
LOL ;D @ 'how much have you sold yourself for?'

but honestly no one in that vid was giving a good impression of islam

Nirvana
05-13-2010, 08:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
LOL ;D @ 'how much have you sold yourself for?'

but honestly no one in that vid was giving a good impression of islam
Yes that was a real embarrassment for the whole Muslim community. Sayeeda Warsi does not come off that badly. Those blokes shouting at her come across like total idiots though. Where does it say in Shariah that convincing people of your argument should involve throwing trash at them? Wasn't that what the Jahil people of Makkah used to do to Rasoolullah (saw)?

Now imagine what British people who are not Muslim would think of our community when they see that incident. :(

M..x
05-13-2010, 09:05 PM
Omg. That thing with Warsi was ABSOLUTELY disgusting. And did not go down at all.
These idiots are a disgrace to themselves and to the Luton community.
How can they preach Islam and use such disgraceful disgusting language =/
Just shows how uneducated and pathetic they are, and she is a Muslim, would they be okay with someone saying that to their sister? Despicable!

Mohamed_Sadiq
05-14-2010, 10:33 AM
I'm just astounded how you'd judge someone so quickly who you hadn't even heard of before this thread. It isn't for you to say who is and who isn't a Muslim. You are not God. You know nothing of the woman, or her personal faith. Do not speak on matters with which you have no knowledge.
I have heard about her before this thread!

Supreme you ain't a Muslim so don't argue with me with Islamic beliefs alright!
Your just defending her cause she is doing good for your people and she is not practsing Islam correctly and i bet you love to see that don't you?

You just want the downfall of Islam but guess what it won't happen so you might as well give up!

Between what those guys did was wrong they shouldn't had thrown eggs at her instead they should have preached to her peacefully and make her see sense, they are as bad as her!

Zafran
05-14-2010, 03:07 PM
Salaam

Those guys are giving Islam and muslims a bad name. Non of those people are representing Islam or the shariah - including the politicain.

peace

Supreme
05-14-2010, 04:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by M..x
Omg. That thing with Warsi was ABSOLUTELY disgusting. And did not go down at all.
These idiots are a disgrace to themselves and to the Luton community.
How can they preach Islam and use such disgraceful disgusting language =/
Just shows how uneducated and pathetic they are, and she is a Muslim, would they be okay with someone saying that to their sister? Despicable!
I agree. Completely ridiculous. If it was a member of the BNP, I would understand. As it stands, she is a fellow Muslim.
Supreme you ain't a Muslim so don't argue with me with Islamic beliefs alright!
We're not arguing about Islamic beliefs. You seem to be under the illusion that someone who you've never met and know nothing about is not who she says she is. I am simply pointing out that it is not your right to judge others when you do not know them. You do not know what she believes, although seeing as Islam isn't exactly popular in this country and the Muslim vote isn't her aim, I don't think she's likely to be lying about it.
Your just defending her cause she is doing good for your people and she is not practsing Islam correctly and i bet you love to see that don't you?
My point exactly. How do you know and how can judge whether she's practising Islam correctly??!! You don't know her!!
You just want the downfall of Islam but guess what it won't happen so you might as well give up!
Well this is just silly. If I wanted the downfall of Islam, or something ridiculous along those lines, wouldn't I support you slagging off and insulting one of your fellow Muslims? Think about it.

Mohamed_Sadiq
05-14-2010, 04:37 PM
I agree. Completely ridiculous. If it was a member of the BNP, I would understand. As it stands, she is a fellow Muslim.

We're not arguing about Islamic beliefs. You seem to be under the illusion that someone who you've never met and know nothing about is not who she says she is. I am simply pointing out that it is not your right to judge others when you do not know them. You do not know what she believes, although seeing as Islam isn't exactly popular in this country and the Muslim vote isn't her aim, I don't think she's likely to be lying about it.

My point exactly. How do you know and how can judge whether she's practising Islam correctly??!! You don't know her!!

Well this is just silly. If I wanted the downfall of Islam, or something ridiculous along those lines, wouldn't I support you slagging off and insulting one of your fellow Muslims? Think about it.
I think you misunderstood me, Iam not slagging her off im just stating a fact. afcurs u won't slag her off cause she is doing a good thing in your eyes. also i know she is not practsing Islam by just looking at her, u do know there's a big difference between Islam and christianity and modesty is one of them.

Supreme
05-14-2010, 04:43 PM
I think you misunderstood me, Iam not slagging her off im just stating a fact. afcurs u won't slag her off cause she is doing a good thing in your eyes. also i know she is not practsing Islam by just looking at her, u do know there's a big difference between Islam and christianity and modesty is one of them.
I'm sorry, but how is claiming someone who don't know isn't a Muslim when they claim to be not slagging them off? She's not doing anything but existing in government in my eyes, she hasn't done anything yet that's worth me thinking that she's good or bad- she hasn't been in office long enough. I don't know about you, but I don't think it's right to judge someone by their outwards appearances. How someone looks like on the outside is not important- getting to know someone and their personality is more important. Also, both Christianity and Islam preach modesty.

Mohamed_Sadiq
05-14-2010, 09:21 PM
I'm sorry, but how is claiming someone who don't know isn't a Muslim when they claim to be not slagging them off? She's not doing anything but existing in government in my eyes, she hasn't done anything yet that's worth me thinking that she's good or bad- she hasn't been in office long enough. I don't know about you, but I don't think it's right to judge someone by their outwards appearances. How someone looks like on the outside is not important- getting to know someone and their personality is more important. Also, both Christianity and Islam preach modesty.
Iam not talking about her situation of being in the government Iam just talking about the way she represents her self. I mean a Muslim woman has to cover her self and that is one thing she is not doing, I mean maybe she might be a good muslim she might pray five times a day or she does other things that are considered good but if a person does not have modesty then they are unlikely to do other things that are told for them to do. Also Christianity and Islam have different type of modesty, do your woman have to cover their hair, and cover themselfs from arms to legs? (christian woman are half naked in reality) Islam is more stricter than Christianity bare that in mind. Hope I never offended you and i don't mean to sound negative towards you. But in our eyes what that lady is doing is wrong so in your presective she ain't doing nothing bad but for our prespective she is in the wrong . Hope you understand now

aadil77
05-14-2010, 09:25 PM
Lets leave it there brother, we aren't anyone to judge other muslims

Mohamed_Sadiq
05-14-2010, 09:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
Lets leave it there brother, we aren't anyone to judge other muslims
Afcourse we can't judge others as we have to think of our own situation...Allah (swt) is the Judge.

But this Kuffar is over-reacting the only thing I said is what that lady is doing is wrong, he has no right to tell me of my own religion beliefs bloody hell!!!!

Supreme
05-14-2010, 09:52 PM
Afcourse we can't judge others as we have to think of our own situation...Allah (swt) is the Judge.

But this Kuffar is over-reacting the only thing I said is what that lady is doing is wrong, he has no right to tell me of my own religion beliefs bloody hell!!!!
I never mentioned any Islamic belief, did I? I simply pointed out the stupidity of your statement when you said she wasn't a real Muslim! You need to get your facts right before you go shooting your mouth off.

Mohamed_Sadiq
05-14-2010, 09:55 PM
I never mentioned any Islamic belief, did I? I simply pointed out the stupidity of your statement when you said she wasn't a real Muslim! You need to get your facts right before you go shooting your mouth off.
But do you even know what a real Muslim is!!! cause i have no clue what a real practising christian is so don't tell me how stupid my statement was!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!