/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hadith regarding muslim brotherhood and befriending pious people

quranalim
05-13-2010, 11:07 PM
Allah. al-Gazali said:
There is no benefit in befriending a dissolute person since the person who fears Allah will not insist on committing major sins. The one who does not have fear of Allah is not a reliable person and causes harm to his friend
Hadith

Muslim is the brother of a Muslim. He neither oppresses him nor humiliates him nor looks down upon him. The piety is here, (and while saying so) he pointed towards his chest thrice. It is a serious evil for a Muslim that he should look down upon his brother Muslim. All things of a Muslim are inviolable for his brother in faith; his blood, his wealth and his honor. Sahih Muslim Book 31, Number 6219.

Hadith

"The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: A man follows the religion of his friend; so each one should consider whom he makes his friend." [Abu Dawud 41:4815]
Hadith

Behold! the posterity of my fathers, that is, so and so, are not my friends. Verily Allah and the pious believers are my friends.
[Sahih Muslim 1:417]

http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/11793/

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!