/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Starbucks Addicting?

Beardo
05-13-2010, 11:35 PM
I'm not sure if it's a worldwide promotion, but the starbucks of the area I'm living in are half of for this "Happy Hour". Go between 3-5 and you get Frappaccinos half off.

I Was just wondering.. Is it just a promotion or do they expect you to develop an addiction for it? :X

I just ordered a Mocha Frapp with Extra chocolate drizzle and I'm hooked.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abdul Wahid
05-13-2010, 11:39 PM
I wouldn't know. I don't go to these sort's of place.

Seems like the plan has worked - your hooked for life.

جوري
05-13-2010, 11:42 PM
I don't like their coffee personally.. in fact I don't like any coffee made by other people.. I don't like the way they wash the instruments, the creams they use or even the blend.. or the smell of the cups.. I need my coffee so I can be less of

to more of a

if my cup isn't right.. then I can be

for the entire day

Beardo
05-13-2010, 11:49 PM
@ Abdul Wahid: Don't scare me like that.

@ Vale Lily: That's what I fear. I don't want to be dependent on anything.

I feel like it's not an addiction. It's just the typical desi-ness attraction to discounts etc. Well, I hope that's the case anyway.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
shuraimfan4lyf
05-13-2010, 11:56 PM
Vale Lily, the 2nd pic, she needs to cover her hair properly. :p

Few weeks ago I tried their mocha thingy, and it was just disgusting. I am never entering a starbucks again. I like the simple French Vanilla Cappuccino from 7-Eleven.

جوري
05-13-2010, 11:57 PM
Then my advise to you is not to start dude.. I only have one cup but it is essential .. plus I work out every day if not every other day if I am really dead and I absolutely have to have five fruits or veggies a day.. do you?

:w:

جوري
05-13-2010, 11:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by shuraimfan4lyf
Vale Lily, the 2nd pic, she needs to cover her hair properly. :p

Few weeks ago I tried their mocha thingy, and it was just disgusting. I am never entering a starbucks again. I like the simple French Vanilla Cappuccino from 7-Eleven.

you need to buy your own machine instead of wasting money on outside disgusting coffee and get dark french roast, add in a dash of cardamom in fact grind them together and ohhhhhh God.. mmmmmmmmmmm

shuraimfan4lyf
05-14-2010, 12:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by τhε ṿαlε'ṡ lïlÿ
you need to buy your own machine instead of wasting money on outside disgusting coffee and get dark french roast, add in a dash of cardamom in fact grind them together and ohhhhhh God.. mmmmmmmmmmm
I do not know how to make coffee:embarrass, Matter of fact, I dont know how to cook anything..Whatever that is, it sure sounds good. ;D

جوري
05-14-2010, 12:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by shuraimfan4lyf
I do not know how to make coffee:embarrass, Matter of fact, I dont know how to cook anything..Whatever that is, it sure sounds good. ;D
I don't know either and was lucky when I went away to grad school that my flat-mate was this Indian gal who loved cooking.. Thank God.. but I have purchased a couple of easy books and know how to readdddddd :haha:

sometimes I'll also watch a youtube video..

here is how to make coffee and I'll throw in making brownies too as they are two of my favorite things:

if you get a keurig then purchase french roast and this is literally all you have to do

cheaper than paying for coffee everyday no?

or you can just buy this:

get an egg, 1/3 cup oil and a dash of peanut butter if you want, mix it all in put it in a pre sprayed pan and add some nuts on top and bake for an hour.. honesty the best I have had..

shuraimfan4lyf
05-14-2010, 12:38 AM
OMG i love BROWNIES..:wub: also Ghirardelli chocolate is soo good..

I'll tell my sister to do that inshaAllah lol..

جوري
05-14-2010, 12:40 AM
No make it yourself.. you see there is a part of the egg that I don't like, I know if someone else makes it they won't remove that part of it (maybe that doesn't bother you personally) but you'll be self-sufficient and put yourself in such a good mood.. Honestly not only do I hate cooking but I don't know how, you can't mess ghirardeli triple brownie mix unless you don't know how to read.. all that is requires if one egg, 1/3 cup of oil and a good muscular hand to mix it all well..

islamirama
05-14-2010, 01:56 AM
Starbucks Supports Israel

Posted: Fri 4th July 2008 9.33 AM | Author: Sam Hailes

Chairman, president and CEO of Starbucks, Howard Schultz is a Jew who actively supports Israel through his multi-million dollar company. 56 year-old Schultz has been part of Starbucks since 1982 when he joined as a Marketing Consultant. Starbucks currently serves 15 million customers a week with a variety of coffees, teas and snacks in nearly 4,000 stores worldwide. They also offer a range of Kosher and Fair trade products.

Schultz has helped with projects and seminars held in both Israel and North America, in which university students hear Israeli perspectives on the current Middle East tensions. In 1998 Schultz was honoured with "The Israel 50th Anniversary Friend of Zion Tribute Award" for his services in "playing a key role in promoting close alliance between the United States and Israel.” He has also been commended by those inside the Israeli Foreign Ministry.

Speaking in 2002 at a synagogue in Seattle, Howard Schultz warned his fellow Jews about the rise of anti-Semitism: "What is going on in the Middle East is not an isolated part of the world. The rise of anti-Semitism is at an all-time high since the 1930's…If you leave this synagogue tonight and go back to your home and ignore this, then shame on us” he said.

Starbucks even opened 6 stores in Israel, teaming up with Shalom Coffee Ltd. However Starbucks were forced to pull out of the deal in 2003 due to ‘operational challenges.’ Schultz continues to support Israel and plans to take his company back to the Land in the future.

http://www.isrelate.com/pages/conten...upports-Israel

ardianto
05-14-2010, 04:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
I'm not sure if it's a worldwide promotion, but the starbucks of the area I'm living in are half of for this "Happy Hour". Go between 3-5 and you get Frappaccinos half off.

I Was just wondering.. Is it just a promotion or do they expect you to develop an addiction for it? :X

I just ordered a Mocha Frapp with Extra chocolate drizzle and I'm hooked.
Not only Starbucks, some cafes and restaurants give special price for certain items during 3-5 pm. This is because 3-5 pm is the time when those places are almost empty from visitors.

aadil77
05-14-2010, 08:16 AM
WARNING: starbucks, zionists, israel, boycott!!!

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-14-2010, 11:21 AM
Aslaamu Alaaykum my dear geeky beautiful sisters and brothers in Islaam
May I ask a Q pls?
*hears a voice say "Sure but be quick"*
Oh okay :\
What is ghirardeli?
Love CHocolate :) without Chocolate im not me:)

Wa Alaaykum Salaam

So Yeah

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-14-2010, 11:22 AM
Aaah..never been to a geeky Starbucks thingyi thought it was some geekiyfied food store where they sell food also..

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!