/* */

PDA

View Full Version : what is good for the flu?

cat eyes
05-14-2010, 09:20 AM
SALAAM

i am literally feeling like total crap i have caught really bad flu. i took the most strongest tablets and it seems not to be leaving. im up all night and i can't sleep with a fever and soar throat :(
is there any dua i can recite to make it finish quick?

please make dua for me. ive so much work to do of all days and completely no energy imsad

jazaKaLLAH KHAYR

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
distressed
05-14-2010, 09:41 AM
Dont know about the dua thing-sorry! but I used to suffer with the worst types of colds/flus all the time cos of my auto immune system. I'd spend days in bed and was always off sick from work. Tabs can only do so much, i always found bed rest and propa food is what i needed. Maybe your just run down ?? its your bodys way of telling you to take a break. How long have you had it for ?? over the counter remedies are usually gud for these things.

Mohamed_Sadiq
05-14-2010, 10:48 AM
Take this recipe:

Get 2 pieces of garlic break them properly and put it into a cup of milk then warm the milk with garlic and make sure that the garlic is properly mixed in the milk. After you heated the milk with the garlic put one spoon of honey and mix it, make sure the milk is warm when you are drinking it and insha allah you will get better.
You can put ginger in the milk aswell and the honey will make it taste nice, cause garlic with milk is not really tasteful but it will help you with ur flu, do this 3 times a day, morning, afternoon and when your about to sleep (night time).

Insha allah may allah make you better, ameen

distressed
05-14-2010, 12:38 PM
also spoonful of haldi in warm milk-give it a go if you wana try desi way :-)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ayesha Rana
05-14-2010, 01:43 PM
1tsp Manuka honey in warm water!!!! WORKS WONDERS!!!

piXie
05-14-2010, 02:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ayesha Rana
1tsp Manuka honey in warm water!!!! WORKS WONDERS!!!
Add some lime for vitamin C. Works even more wonders!

And another time add apple cider vinegar instead of lime. Good for the sore throat.

Take vitamin C every hour and lots of fluids.

Hot tea is also good.

I never take pills or tablets, especially for flu. I find natural remedies more helpful for these type of things.

Myself
05-14-2010, 02:23 PM
pineapple juice. alhamdulillah, very effective.

Abdul Wahid
05-14-2010, 02:39 PM
:wa: sister.

Some good advice/tips given.

If you have time, check this thread out:

http://www.islamicboard.com/health-s...lonji-oil.html

Some good remedies there.

InshaALLAH you get better.

Darth Ultor
05-14-2010, 03:00 PM
Keep your body at a moderate temperature, drink plenty of fluids, etc. But do not ever take an antibiotic for the flu. The flu is a viral infection, not bacterial. Gotta let your own body fight it.

Life_Is_Short
05-14-2010, 03:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
SALAAM

i am literally feeling like total crap i have caught really bad flu. i took the most strongest tablets and it seems not to be leaving. im up all night and i can't sleep with a fever and soar throat :(
is there any dua i can recite to make it finish quick?

please make dua for me. ive so much work to do of all days and completely no energy imsad

jazaKaLLAH KHAYR
:sl:
In my Invocation book "Fortress of the Muslim (invocations from the Qur'an & Sunnah)" there is one for "What to say when you feel a pain in your body".

Put your hand on the place where you feel pain and say: Bismillaah, (with the name of Allah three times). Then say: A'oothu billaahi wa qudratihi min sharri maa' ajidu wa 'uhaathiru. (I seek refuge in Allah and in His Power from the evil of what i find and of what i guard against).

The second Invocation is referenced Muslim 4/1728.

May Allah (swt) make you better. I know how it feels to stay awake all night because of the sore throat and fever. imsad

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!