/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Does homosexuality take you out of the fold of islam?

innocent
05-14-2010, 12:40 PM
I'm talking about the act not the feelings.
I came across a forum for gay muslims called [Removed by a mod] and on there are loads of gay muslims and some are discussing things like is a certain food product halal to eat etc. But they dont care that they are committing haram by leading an openly gay life.
So are they still muslims?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aadil77
05-14-2010, 02:06 PM
If they believe that homosexual behaviour such as sodomy is acceptable in islam then they are kaffirs, this is because they have changed Allah's law to suit them

But if its a forum to help and support those with homo feelings then thats alright, as long as they acknowledge that the sodomy and same sex relations are haraam, then they are still muslim.

So basically commiting sodomy and having relations with the same sex are Major sins, but they will not take you out of islam, but believing and preaching that it is acceptable is what makes you a kaffir.

innocent
05-14-2010, 02:26 PM
Why was part of my post edited out?

innocent
05-14-2010, 02:27 PM
Yes from what i have read iit looks like they believe it is acceptable.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
aadil77
05-14-2010, 02:34 PM
ask them to make sure, if they say yes then show them this

Praise be to Allaah.

Homosexuality is a major sin which deserves the most severe of punishments in this world and in the Hereafter. See Question no. 5177. But the person who does that cannot be described as a kaafir because of that, unless he thinks that it is permissible and claims that it is halaal – in which he is to be denounced as a kaafir. But simply doing it whilst admitting that it is haraam does not put a Muslim beyond the pale of Islam. He is still a Muslim, but he is exposed to the wrath of Allaah and is committing a major sin. It is not permissible for you to go ahead and marry him until he repents sincerely. Simply promising does not count as repentance. My advice to you is not to go ahead and marry him, rather you have to look for a righteous man who will be the means of bringing you happiness in this world and in the Hereafter. Homosexuality, just like other major sins, is open to repentance: whoever repents, Allaah will accept his repentance.

Shaykh ‘Abd al-Kareem al-Khudayr

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/13707

AabiruSabeel
05-14-2010, 02:34 PM
:sl:
format_quote Originally Posted by innocent
Why was part of my post edited out?
So as not to promote that site here.

innocent
05-14-2010, 02:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AabiruSabeel
:sl:
So as not to promote that site here.
Oh. OK . I see

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!