/* */

PDA

View Full Version : World Cup 2010 South Africa Thread

Mohamed_Sadiq
05-14-2010, 03:29 PM
As the world cup is approaching I just made this thread so that we can share our thoughts and intrest of the world cup.

I am for Holland and they have quite a easy teams in their groups. ;D

What team are you rooting for? or what team is your favourite please share.

And what's your prediction?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Khalil_Allah
05-14-2010, 03:36 PM
I like Holland too. I am an Arsenal fan, so I have always had a special place in my heart for Holland with Bergkamp and now Van Persie. But I've to cheer on my country too, USA. As for a team just to watch, you've got to love Brasil. I watch every Brasil game because each player is so finesse.

BTW< I think Spain should take the trophy.

quranalim
05-14-2010, 04:13 PM
i was hoping that a country where football is not popular...wins

so it becoems popular

quranalim
05-14-2010, 04:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Khalil_Allah
I like Holland too. I am an Arsenal fan, so I have always had a special place in my heart for Holland with Bergkamp and now Van Persie. But I've to cheer on my country too, USA. As for a team just to watch, you've got to love Brasil. I watch every Brasil game because each player is so finesse.

is football even popular in america (your country)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Khalil_Allah
05-14-2010, 04:20 PM
lol SOCCER is not too popular but it's been growing over the years. And everyone watches World Cup anyway. Our national league does not compare to european leagues like EPL or even Ligue 1 in France.

quranalim
05-14-2010, 04:22 PM
lol SOCCER is not too popular but it's been growing over the years. And everyone watches World Cup anyway. Our national league does not compare to european leagues like EPL or even Ligue 1 in France.
why do america call "rugby" (the one played in nfl)....why do they call it football.

when 95% of the times they use their hands?

it just causes confusion

Supreme
05-14-2010, 04:22 PM
I'll be rooting for England (obviously). Can't wait to thrash the joke that is the American team in the first round.

quranalim
05-14-2010, 04:26 PM
Here are some quotess about sports in islam

Umar ibn Al-Khattab (2nd Caliphate):
“Teach your children swimming, archery and horse-riding.”
and (regarding wresting + body building)

"Praise be to Allaah. Bodybuilding aims to make the body strong and sound, which is an important and desirable goal. If the purpose of sport is to prepare the body to be fit to carry out the duty of jihad so as to make the word of Allaah supreme, then sport is essential... If the aim is relaxation and maintaining good health, then sport is permissible. If it involves something haraam, such as missing prayers, uncovering any part of the ‘awrah or mixing with women and so on, then it is haraam
http://63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=en...QR=40527&dgn=4

quranalim
05-14-2010, 04:28 PM
above quote are from islamqa

Mohamed_Sadiq
05-14-2010, 04:28 PM

Cool, usa r unpredictable with football (soccer) and they are in the same group as england so they have a tough knockout stages and algeria r quite good don't know about solevenia so its entertaining to watch.
I know wat u mean about brazil they are a talented country but this world cup will be great as many countries have developed.
You should keep an eye on argentina.
Yh, Holland r good!!:D

Khalil_Allah
05-14-2010, 04:49 PM
We are unpredictable. We beat Spain in confederations cup last year and were beating Brasil in final before they ran amuck on us. I think England make us nervous tho... we'll see in June.

How could I forget Argentina? Messi has been amazing this year, but besides him, their team is stacked with star players like Spain.

As for "rugby." This is a different sport than american football. American football is its own sport. It's hard to explain because all the rules have a big effect on the game. Furthermore, it is played in frames, stopping after each play. It is not fluid like "soccer" as we call your football. For me, I just grew up with soccer/football, and never really cared about american football.

Mohamed_Sadiq
05-14-2010, 09:57 PM
This is a copy of the groups of what individual countries are in:

Cabdullahi
05-14-2010, 10:59 PM
Algeria all the way Insha'Allah!

Alchemist
05-14-2010, 11:46 PM
ahhh I'm still upset about Egypt not being in this WC.. I'll support Ghana and Cote D'avoir..

S<Chowdhury
05-15-2010, 05:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by supreme
i'll be rooting for england (obviously). Can't wait to thrash the joke that is the american team in the first round.
^^^^^^^^ im with u bro come on england !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

Mohamed_Sadiq
05-15-2010, 05:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by S<Chowdhury
^^^^^^^^ im with u bro come on england !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !
Lool, COME ON Holland !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

S<Chowdhury
05-15-2010, 06:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mohamed_Sadiq
Lool, COME ON Holland !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(GREAT ESCAPE)
Da-da, da-da da
Da-da, da-da da
Da-da, da-da da-da da-darrr
ENGLAND

Güven
05-15-2010, 06:01 PM
Ill be rooting for Holland, Algeria and Ivory Coast. Poule G would be an interesting group to watch!

S<Chowdhury
05-15-2010, 06:04 PM
HOLLAND ->

Who Are Ya?
Who Are Ya?
Who Are Ya?
Who Are Ya?

three lions

ENGLAND Bring home victory ENGLAND

Mohamed_Sadiq
05-15-2010, 06:09 PM
We will see, Lets see if England can do something useful for once...

Holland all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

S<Chowdhury
05-15-2010, 06:14 PM
We will see, Lets see if England can do something useful for once...

Holland all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THE DUTCH HAHA STICK TO MAKING WOODEN SHOES AND WINDMILLS LOOOOL

We still believe, we still believe
we still believe

Its coming home,
Its coming home, its coming
Footballs coming home

Tears for heroes dressed in grey
No plans for final day
Stay in bed, drift away
It could have been all
Songs in the street
It was nearly complete
It was nearly so sweet
And now Im singing

Three lions on the shirt
Jules Rimet still gleaming
No more years of hurt
No more need for dreaming

Its coming home,
Its coming home, its coming
Footballs coming home

3 LIONS ON THE SHIRT
COMING HOME 2010 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mohamed_Sadiq
05-15-2010, 06:20 PM
hahahaha some funny lyrics it's going home with nothing but disapointment u mean

The wooden shoes is going to kick England out of the world cup ;D;D

S<Chowdhury
05-15-2010, 06:24 PM
hahahaha some funny lyrics it's going home with nothing but disapointment u mean

The wooden shoes is going to kick England out of the world cup ;D;D
HAHA ITS COMING 2010 WE ARE STRONG WE ARE GROWN ! HAHA OH PLZ U CAN'T PLAY FOOTBALL USING WOODEN SHOES AND TRAINING GROUND AS A WINDMILL FARM

Can you hear the Dutch sing?
No, Nooo,

No, Nooo,

I can't hear anything thing,
Whoooah..

2 WORLD WARS 1 WORLD CUP

Mohamed_Sadiq
05-15-2010, 06:29 PM
The pub is the England's team training ground and beckham is the chearleader loool

S<Chowdhury
05-15-2010, 06:35 PM
The pub is the England's team training ground and beckham is the chearleader loool
Yep the great footballer rise from the streets, Cheer leading this isn't America i think u Dutch have gotten confused with American Soccer ahhh tooo bad doesn't matter like you were going to make it out of the group stages anyway

Mohamed_Sadiq
05-15-2010, 06:41 PM
nah it's beckham that is confused probably to much to drink, Holland they don't worry about the group stages, they know that they are gonna trash them. I heard England r afraid of the usa ( the easy team)

England should not be talking right now if they want to win cause they got serious training to do if they want to upbeat Holland.

S<Chowdhury
05-15-2010, 06:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mohamed_sadiq
nah it's beckham that is confused probably to much to drink, holland they don't worry about the group stages, they know that they are gonna trash them. I heard england r afraid of the usa ( the easy team)

england should not be talking right now if they want to win cause they got serious training to do if they want to upbeat holland.

haha where did you hear that england is afraid of america haha stop reading dutch sport magazines they don't know what they are talking about , serious training to beat a bunch of blue eyed aryan dutch from the low country they are still so high from smoking cannabis

Mohamed_Sadiq
05-15-2010, 06:51 PM
haha where did you hear that england is afraid of america haha stop reading dutch sport magazines they don't know what they are talking about , serious training to beat a bunch of blue eyed aryan dutch from the low country they are still so high from smoking cannabis
No the dutch sport magazines don't care about england they don't even talk about that team, I got told by Fabio Capello he said the players were shaking during training when they heard about the dutch team.

Cabdullahi
05-15-2010, 09:25 PM
Algeria will easily handle england

S<Chowdhury
05-15-2010, 09:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by abdullahii
algeria will easily handle england
ohhh myyy haha on your own bro on your own by the way where is arsenal in the table?

footy_craze
05-15-2010, 09:34 PM
Germany's gonnna takee ittt

Mohamed_Sadiq
05-15-2010, 11:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by footy_craze
Germany were hosting the last world cup and did not take it, so this world cup they won't even have a chance even though they are good but not good enough to win it, but we will see cause anything can happen i mean they did become third in world cup 2006.

Supreme
05-15-2010, 11:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
England is one of the best teams in the world. I doubt such a team as Algeria would beat us.

Mohamed_Sadiq
05-16-2010, 12:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Supreme
England is one of the best teams in the world. I doubt such a team as Algeria would beat us.
anything is possible but we will wait and see, England indeed are good

Khalil_Allah
05-16-2010, 12:23 AM
ohhh myyy haha on your own bro on your own by the way where is arsenal in the table?
3rd. I hope you're not a chelsea supporter. you've got the mouth (fingers) of one. :p

S<Chowdhury
05-16-2010, 09:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by footy_craze
^^^^^^^^^^^ YES I WAS HOPING FOR A GERMAN SUPPORTER ITS SIMPLE:

There were 3 German bombers in the air (in the air),
There were 3 German bombers in the air (in the air),
There were 3 German bombers,
3 German bombers,
3 German bombers in the air.
And the RAF from England shot 1 down (shot 1 down),
And the RAF from England, RAF from England shot 1 down.

There were 2 German bombers in the air (in the air),
There were 2 German bombers in the air (in the air),
There were 2 German bombers,
2 German bombers,
2 German bombers in the air.

There were 1 German bombers in the air (in the air),
There were 1 German bombers in the air (in the air),
There were 1 German bombers,
1 German bombers,
1 German bombers in the air.

There were No German bombers in the air (in the air),
There were No German bombers in the air (in the air),
There were No German bombers,
No German bombers,
No German bombers in the air.

2 WORLD WARS , 1 WORLD CUP !

LOL BRO YOUR CANADIAN (BASICALLY AMERICAN) STICK TO HOCKEY WILL YAA HAHA

S<Chowdhury
05-16-2010, 09:49 AM
3rd. I hope you're not a chelsea supporter. you've got the mouth (fingers) of one. :p
^ Dnt degrade me like that Chelsea Oh Plz haha nope:

GLORY GLORY GLORY MAN UTD..... AS THE REDS GO MARCHING ON ON ON !

Alchemist
05-16-2010, 11:27 AM
Really ?? Egypt beat Algeria 4-0 in CAF.. and then Egypt got beaten from England 3-1 in a friendly match in Wembly but I reckon if Egypt had taken that match seriously we would have had a draw with England or even beat them like we did with Italy in the confederations cup last year mwuaahahahaha.. :P

shuraimfan4lyf
05-16-2010, 11:45 AM
:sl:

Havent watched a proper futbol match in a while...anyways InshaAllah I am going to watch the world cup this time. As a kid, my favorite team has been Brasil :coolious:..idc what yall say :p :hiding: Hopefully they will win this year.

Mohamed_Sadiq
05-17-2010, 03:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by shuraimfan4lyf

Havent watched a proper futbol match in a while...anyways InshaAllah I am going to watch the world cup this time. As a kid, my favorite team has been Brasil :coolious:..idc what yall say :p :hiding: Hopefully they will win this year.

I hope brazil don't do well this world cup and iam sure they won't , its all about HOLLAND NETHERLANDS NEDERLAND!!!!!!!!!!

cihad
05-17-2010, 04:35 PM
south africas gonna win

ha ha ha !!!

i'll still supportthem till theyre out then i'll support brasil!

waji
05-17-2010, 05:11 PM
its very hard to say who will win the cup
like in 2002 France were out in the first round but four years later they were in the finals
i think Argentina, Brazil, Germany and England are strong contenders to win the world cup

Faseeha
05-17-2010, 08:06 PM

Just something I thought I'd share, Not related to soccer, but rather to the world cup. It has been reported that 40000 thousand prostitutes will be brought into the country for the world cup.

Supreme
05-17-2010, 09:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Proudly_Muslim

Just something I thought I'd share, Not related to soccer, but rather to the world cup. It has been reported that 40000 thousand prostitutes will be brought into the country for the world cup.
So there'll be forty million prostitutes in South Africa? Doesn't that outnumber the population of South Africa, or at least match it??

Mohamed_Sadiq
05-17-2010, 09:27 PM

Lool thats funny, South Africa is full of fitna, did you know that South Africa has the most AIDS in the world that 1 in 10 people suffer from AIDS its a bizzare country, subh'hanallah

shuraimfan4lyf
05-17-2010, 09:31 PM
I hope brazil don't do well this world cup and iam sure they won't , its all about HOLLAND NETHERLANDS NEDERLAND!!!!!!!!!!
Lol you are kidding me..Brasil is going to go all the way..Forget Netherlands :p

That is disgusting..who is doing all this satanic work??
So there'll be forty million prostitutes in South Africa? Doesn't that outnumber the population of South Africa, or at least match it??
It says 40,000 Not 40 million.
Lool thats funny, South Africa is full of fitna, did you know that South Africa has the most AIDS in the world that 1 in 10 people suffer from AIDS its a bizzare country, subh'hanallah
Yeah I heard SA has the most AIDS..That is really sad. May Allah protect us from these diseases and from the fitnah of it.

Güven
05-17-2010, 09:39 PM

do you actually have a source for this? 40 thousand is an ridiculous amount. what the hell is wrong with these people.

Supreme
05-17-2010, 09:40 PM

It says 40,000 Not 40 million.
40000 thousand= 40,000,000= 40 million

shuraimfan4lyf
05-17-2010, 09:42 PM
I think he meant 40,000. 40 Million is just unbelievable.

Mohamed_Sadiq
05-17-2010, 09:44 PM
I think he meant 40 thousand and wrote down 40000 and added thousand in writing, 40 million is impossible where can they get that amount of prositutes from.

They are making a business out of the world cup, istagfurallah wat a haram way these kuffar are not normal,

shuraimfan4lyf
05-17-2010, 09:50 PM
I think he meant 40 thousand and wrote down 40000 and added thousand in writing, 40 million is impossible where can they get that amount of prositutes from.

They are making a business out of the world cup, istagfurallah wat a haram way these kuffar are not normal,
Lol They gonna need 4000 Las Vegas' to get 40 million. Ofcourse they are not normal, they are worse than animals.

Supreme
05-17-2010, 09:58 PM
I think he meant 40,000. 40 Million is just unbelievable.
I see. But it would be absoloutely hilarious if they did manage to get 40 million. It'd be funny if the prostitutes actually outnumbered the natives.

Khalil_Allah
05-17-2010, 10:48 PM
^ Dnt degrade me like that Chelsea Oh Plz haha nope:

GLORY GLORY GLORY MAN UTD..... AS THE REDS GO MARCHING ON ON ON !

Dude. That is the only worse option that you could have picked.:raging:

Faseeha
05-18-2010, 12:05 PM
Yes it is 40 thousand, not 40 million, I dont think its even logistically possible to traffick in 40 million people. SA does have the highest AIDS and also, one of the highest crime rates.

[QUOTE]do you actually have a source for this/QUOTE]

Try googling it, I read it in one of our local papers, dont have a copy available

Mohamed_Sadiq
05-18-2010, 01:34 PM
Imagine if the world cup was being hosted in Saudi Arabia, probably most visitors would have converted to Islam, (Allah knows best) and there would have been Air traffic so many planes landing in Saudi Arabia because its the most travelled time to go to Saudi Arabia for Ummrah as it is Summer holidays so that means people that are planning to come to Saudi Arabia for the world cup would be wondering were all these people are going? It would be a crazy experience lool and would be breaking news about air traffic, sea traffic a hectic trip, god forbid though we don't want the world cup in our beloved country Saudi Arabia as it would bring all these kuffars in the main cities like riyadh and produce Munkar and Fitna.

waji
05-18-2010, 04:51 PM
I think we should stick with the thread topic

Germany has bad news as Michael Ballack got injured and he is out of the world cup

Mohamed_Sadiq
05-18-2010, 04:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by waji
I think we should stick with the thread topic

Germany has bad news as Michael Ballack got injured and he is out of the world cup
Yes indeed, bad news for Germany but thats good news for the rest. There are number of top players that won't be playing this world cup such as Benzema, Ronaldinho, Nasri, (or maybe Xavi not sure if his injury will be for a while)

thetruth2009
05-18-2010, 07:05 PM
Assalam aleykoum,

I am of cource for my brother Algerian.

I am also for France, champion in 1998 and in the last world cup in final Vs Italia 2006.

I was very sad when Zidane had a red card.

Allez la France et l'algérie lol.

Assalam aleykoum

shuraimfan4lyf
05-18-2010, 08:52 PM
When is the first match?? I heard its in June..Can someone verify?

Mohamed_Sadiq
05-18-2010, 08:55 PM
When is the first match?? I heard its in June..Can someone verify?
The earliest matches start at 14 june on a monday,i am not sure though

S<Chowdhury
05-18-2010, 08:58 PM
The earliest matches start at 14 june on a monday,i am not sure though
Ohh hmmmm Revise for exams or watch the World Cup..........hmmmmmm hard choice LOL, Well Germany shouldn't really get there hopes up anyway you know its England all the way :)

shuraimfan4lyf
05-18-2010, 09:00 PM
JazakAllah khayr brother mohamed sadiq..

and Lol at england going all the way..dont get your hopes up son!

IslamicRevival
05-18-2010, 09:28 PM
I hope England can go one step further and reach the final but either way, i dont care. There are more pressing and more urgent matters going on the world right now

Mohamed_Sadiq
05-20-2010, 11:05 AM
First game is South Africa against Mexico at 11 june. I want South Africa to win that match.

smile
05-20-2010, 11:54 AM
SA all the way!

shuraimfan4lyf
05-20-2010, 12:01 PM
First game is South Africa against Mexico at 11 june. I want South Africa to win that match.
South Africa has NO chance against Mexico lol..

Mohamed_Sadiq
05-20-2010, 12:10 PM
South Africa has NO chance against Mexico lol..
Lool, I know but this world cup is going to be unpredictable but we will see!

I am going to laugh at you if SA beats Mexico.

shuraimfan4lyf
05-20-2010, 12:29 PM
Lool, I know but this world cup is going to be unpredictable but we will see!

I am going to laugh at you if SA beats Mexico.
Lol Oookay.. It doesn't matter whos gona win first anyway..cuz Brasil is taking it all the way young man!!:coolious:

Mohamed_Sadiq
05-20-2010, 04:30 PM
Lol Oookay.. It doesn't matter whos gona win first anyway..cuz Brasil is taking it all the way young man!!:coolious:
Seriously, I can't wait for the world cup!!

S<Chowdhury
05-20-2010, 06:06 PM
I wouldn't get your hopes either

E-N-G-L-A-N-D ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ITS COMING HOME ITS COMING HOMEEEE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Supreme
05-20-2010, 07:51 PM
I'm looking forward to the World Cup for numerous reasons, but there's one odd reason: England are the only British team playing in the Cup, yet the Scots and Welsh will have to endure MONTHS of ENGLISH FOOTBALL coverage in the newspapers, on TV and online. They get devolution, but we get a place in the World Cup. Fair's fair...

Cabdullahi
05-20-2010, 08:57 PM
Algeria All the way we'll thrash England!

IslamicRevival
05-20-2010, 09:06 PM
Spain on paper look unbeatable but im backing Argentina to win the WC. If the Underachievers step it up a notch, They can go a long way

Mohamed_Sadiq
05-20-2010, 09:15 PM
Algeria All the way we'll thrash England!

Lool England are going to be eaten, its dinner time for Algeria!!

Mohamed_Sadiq
05-20-2010, 09:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Troubled Soul
Spain on paper look unbeatable but im backing Argentina to win the WC. If the Underachievers step it up a notch, They can go a long way
Argentina are in a great form this world cup lets see what they can do.

smile
05-22-2010, 12:15 PM
i know how badly SA sucks but look how well we did in the confed cup!!!!

Mohamed_Sadiq
05-23-2010, 02:08 PM
champions league final was mad yesterday, milito two goals has made jose mourinho a happy bunny lool great for them even though i don't support them.

Mohamed_Sadiq
05-27-2010, 05:29 PM
Holland played a nice friendly match against Mexico, we beat them 2-1!
Lool portugal drew with a easy team cape verde.
Come'on Holland!!!

Cabdullahi
05-27-2010, 07:25 PM
van persie killed it.....two volleys ooowe!

shuraimfan4lyf
05-27-2010, 08:53 PM
Holland played a nice friendly match against Mexico, we beat them 2-1!
Lool portugal drew with a easy team cape verde.
Come'on Holland!!!
Lol waat are you serious??? I guess Mexico had a bench roster or something. And who are you going for SA or Holland?? :p

Halalmuscle
05-27-2010, 11:45 PM
spain to win it.

S<Chowdhury
05-28-2010, 07:42 AM
Lool England are going to be eaten, its dinner time for Algeria!!
HAHA yeah right........................

InfiniteMercy
05-28-2010, 11:46 AM
Haha Group C is a killer, any team has the potential to surprise gonna b interesting to c how DPR Korea do...they have one of the best Womans' soccer teams in the world..the top four teams: brasil, germany, argentina and spain....Holland r a great team to watch but they dont have a great defense...France, well they shouldnt hav even qualified, lol!

smile
05-28-2010, 05:15 PM
SA (no 83 in world) beat Colombia (33)in friendly 2-1 YAAAAAAAAY!

shuraimfan4lyf
05-28-2010, 08:54 PM
Lol thats cause they were friendly with South Africa :p

Mohamed_Sadiq
05-28-2010, 11:28 PM
Lol thats cause they were friendly with South Africa :p
Loool hahaha, lets see wen its for real.

S<Chowdhury
05-31-2010, 12:16 PM
Ooooooh Wooooooh, Ooooooh Wooooooh

Give me freedom, give me fire, give me reason, take me higher
See the champions, take the field now, you define us, make us feel proud
In the streets our heads are lifting, as we lose our inhibition,
Celebration, it surround us, every nations, all around us

Singing forever young, singing songs underneath that sun
Lets rejoice in the beautiful game,
And together at the end of the day.
We all say

When I get older I will be stronger
They'll call me freedom, just like a wavin' flag
So wave your flag, now wave your flag, now wave your flag

Oooohhh, Oooooooooh wooooohh, Oooooooooh wooooohh

Give you freedom, give you fire, give you reason, take you higher
See the champions, take the field now, you define us, make us feel proud
In the streets our heads are lifting, as we lose our inhibition,
Celebration, its around us, every nations, all around us

Singing forever young, singing songs underneath that sun
Lets rejoice in the beautiful game,
We all say

Now wave your flag (4x)

Oohhoooohh Woooh Ohohooooh Wooohoooh

We all say
Now wave your flag (4x)

Oooooh woowoo ooh Wooo ooohh ooohoh
And everybody will be singing it
Oooooh woowoo ooh Wooo ooohh ooohoh
And we all will be singing it

^^^^^^^ BEST OFFICIAL ANTHEM FOR THE WORLD CUP !

smile
06-02-2010, 12:13 PM
ohhhhhhhh YAY SA beat guatemala 5-0
sum serious match-fixng going on!lol

shuraimfan4lyf
06-02-2010, 12:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by smile
ohhhhhhhh YAY SA beat guatemala 5-0
sum serious match-fixng going on!lol
I know right..there is no way all these South Amreekan countries getting beat by low-level futbol teams..Something fishy going on..:skeleton:

Mohamed_Sadiq
06-05-2010, 11:52 PM
The World cup is just round the corner (insha allah). Everybody get ready. :D

Detritavore
06-06-2010, 06:49 AM
This is probably not going to happen considering the last time (1982) we graced our presences at the cup we didn't even score a single goal but...

I hope New Zealand wins... one game. That's all I ask-- one game =]

smile
06-06-2010, 12:23 PM
song by K naan flag waving awesome ! i agree

SA beat DENMARK 1-0 YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY
we hav hope

Mohamed_Sadiq
06-06-2010, 12:30 PM
song by K naan flag waving awesome ! i agree

SA beat DENMARK 1-0 YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY
we hav hope
Holland beat ghana 4-0 yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

smile
06-06-2010, 12:42 PM
can't wait 4 openin match!

shuraimfan4lyf
06-06-2010, 07:45 PM
The first official match is on 11th June. So all these matches you guys are talking about are like friendly or what??

Mohamed_Sadiq
06-06-2010, 08:08 PM
The first official match is on 11th June. So all these matches you guys are talking about are like friendly or what??
Yes brother its the friendly matches we talking about at the moment.

smile
06-08-2010, 06:42 PM
2 days 2 go yyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyy

Mohamed_Sadiq
06-08-2010, 09:12 PM
2 days 2 go yyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyy
Tick tock tick tock time is going slow innnit lool. Insha allah its coming..

shuraimfan4lyf
06-08-2010, 09:15 PM
Ya ima watch the game with my friend at his house inshaAllah..SA is about to get some whooping

Mohamed_Sadiq
06-08-2010, 09:18 PM
Ya ima watch the game with my friend at his house inshaAllah..SA is about to get some whooping
Which team are you supporting? (i forgot)

shuraimfan4lyf
06-08-2010, 09:19 PM
In the SA vs Mexico, I am not supporting anyone, but I know Mexico is gonna win. I am going for Brasil all the way!

Mohamed_Sadiq
06-08-2010, 09:21 PM
^ Alright, let the games begin!

Supreme
06-09-2010, 12:52 PM
I was thinking earlier- surely my exam papers are going to be marked simultaneous with the World Cup. So, if England win the World Cup, maybe examiners will be so happy they'll give extra marks and stuff...

Although it's unlikely.

Ansariyah
06-09-2010, 02:21 PM
Holland...!!

Mohamed_Sadiq
06-09-2010, 02:56 PM
I was thinking earlier- surely my exam papers are going to be marked simultaneous with the World Cup. So, if England win the World Cup, maybe examiners will be so happy they'll give extra marks and stuff...

Although it's unlikely.
You wish! But keep your hopes up anything is possible!

Holland!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dagless
06-09-2010, 03:09 PM
This is a bit late, but nobody on here mentioned fantasy football... so I've set up a league if you guys want to play.

1) Register at http://worldfantasyfootball.skysports.com. Use your Islamicboard nickname, not your real name though :p

2) Pick a team, then join Private League (League PIN: 55191).

Might be fun!

Mohamed_Sadiq
06-09-2010, 03:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dagless
This is a bit late, but nobody on here mentioned fantasy football... so I've set up a league if you guys want to play.

1) Register at http://worldfantasyfootball.skysports.com. Use your nickname, not your real name though :p

Might be fun!
Thats very thoughtful thank you.
I made my team its called al-shabaab.

Dagless
06-10-2010, 01:59 AM
Thats very thoughtful thank you.
I made my team its called al-shabaab.
I can see it, interesting selection...
I hope more people join because so far its only us 2 lol.

Dagless
06-10-2010, 03:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dagless

1) Register at http://worldfantasyfootball.skysports.com. Use your Islamicboard nickname, not your real name though :p

Might be fun!
Bump.
World Cup starts in 22hrs, lets have at least 3 more people join :p

Mohamed_Sadiq
06-10-2010, 05:06 PM
Come on everyone!! Join the league.....:D
Lets get some competition in the forum, eh

Supreme
06-10-2010, 05:51 PM
I've never wanted to visit South Africa more. And I have always wanted to go to South Africa.

shuraimfan4lyf
06-10-2010, 08:28 PM
Its gonna be a awesome first match...I think I have changed my mind..I am going for SA in the first game..:hiding:

Supreme
06-10-2010, 08:38 PM
I'm watching the World Cup Concert right now on BBC 2. President Zuma just spoke, and well, the Black Eyed Peas are on.

Should be interesting, watched by millions in South Africa right now.

Soulja Girl
06-10-2010, 09:01 PM

Give me freedom, give me fire, give me reason, take me higher
See the champions, take the field now, unify us, make us feel proud
In the streets our head are liftin’, as we lose our inhibition,
Celebration it surrounds us, every nations, all around us

Singin forever young, singin songs underneath that sun
Lets rejoice in the beautifull game.

WE ALL SAY

When I get older

I will be stronger

They’ll call me freedom

Just like a wavin’ flag

Bring on teh world cup :D

:wa:

Mohamed_Sadiq
06-10-2010, 09:40 PM
Lool I was told by one of my friends that knaan the somali singer was waving the somali flag while he was singing in the world cup concert. If thats true then thats so embarrassing.

anyways here come the matches....

Supreme
06-11-2010, 10:44 AM
So sad that Mandela's great granddaughter died in a crash... my prayers are with Mandela and the family.

Mohamed_Sadiq
06-11-2010, 04:02 PM
Woooow terrific match south africa played so well specially the second half, some beautiful goal by shabalala. Even though Mexico fought back.. loved that match. Can't wait for holland v denmark on monday.

South africa 1 Mexico 1

France playing next against uruguay.

Reminder; football is a distraction so fellow muslims make sure u pray ur salat on time eh.lol

Supreme
06-11-2010, 04:06 PM
Can't wait for England vs USA. We're going to teach those Yanks a well deserved lesson in what sport really is- none of this 'baseball' or 'NFL' nonsense.

Mohamed_Sadiq
06-11-2010, 04:25 PM
^
England r going to trash those americans n ship them back to the white house.

Ansariyah
06-11-2010, 04:42 PM
Its onnnn!

omg my fam is football crazy....but we wont forget our salats i'a !!

S<Chowdhury
06-11-2010, 05:07 PM
Goood opening match South Africa v Mexico, even more better Tshabalala goal, shame it was a draw i really wanted South Africa to win

Güven
06-11-2010, 05:08 PM
Nice game. SA played well against mexico. I underestimated them, they are actually quite good. :P

Supreme
06-11-2010, 05:10 PM
^
England r going to trash those americans n ship them back to the white house.
Of course we are. It is inevitable.

S<Chowdhury
06-11-2010, 05:15 PM
Of course we are. It is inevitable.
2nd that these yanks won't know what hit them like pearl harbour LOL

S<Chowdhury
06-11-2010, 05:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Güven
Nice game. SA played well against mexico. I underestimated them, they are actually quite good. :P
Mhmm they were slow to start off with, but as the game progressed they were quite impressive but they lack defence wise it was a shamble at times.

Muhammad
06-11-2010, 05:34 PM
Dear members,

Threads about TV/Sports are not allowed in the General forums as we feel they not only distract from the aims and purposes of the forum, but can become a means of idle talk between genders. However, you may discuss sports in the private sections, even though it would be better to spend time on more beneficial pursuits.

We apologise for any disappointment but hope you will understand.

Thread closed.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!