/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Sarah Palin: I am a redneck

shuraimfan4lyf
05-15-2010, 07:47 AM
http://cnn.com/video/?/video/politic...neck.jokes.cnn
(CNN) – She's a politician, an author, cable news contributor and sought-after speaker. But perhaps former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin is interested in a new title: comedienne.

In what can only be described as a bit of a schtick, Palin had some fun Friday with the notion that she and her family might be rednecks.

Speaking at the National Rifle Association's annual meeting in Charlotte, North Carolina, Palin claimed that some in the media have tried to portray members of the Tea Party movement as "violent or racist or rednecks."

"And I don't really have a problem with the redneck part of it, to tell you the truth. I don't," the former vice presidential candidate told the crowd. "That's fine with me."

Palin told the gun rights supporters how she recently searched online for the best redneck jokes to prepare for an appearance in Alabama where she was introduced by a radio personality named "Bubba."

"But, I'm reading them [thinking] these aren't funny, these are me," Palin said to laughter. "They really are."

Holding what looked like a BlackBerry, Palin told some of the jokes to the NRA crowd.

"'You're a redneck if directions to your house include turn off the paved road.'" "Yep," Palin said rhetorically, "Go to Wasilla, turn off the paved road. That's where we are."

"'You may be a redneck if you're ever involved in a custody fight over a hunting dog.'" "Todd and I? No. But, we have friends – yep, truly – a custody fight over their hunting dog."

" – 'If you yell at your husband, come move this transmission so I can take a bath.'" "I thought that one was funny," Palin told the crowd.

"-'If you use your fishing license as a form of i.d.'" "Well, I do that all the time in Dillingham," Palin said. "That's how you cash your checks."

Palin also told jokes about having steel toes in your "best shoes," going hunting on your honeymoon, getting the septic tank pumped as an anniversary present, having Thanksgiving dinner served on a ping-pong table, thinking Wal-Mart is expensive, and spending the night in the bed of your truck rather than paying for a hotel room.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
06-30-2010, 07:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by shuraimfan4lyf
http://cnn.com/video/?/video/politic...neck.jokes.cnn

"And I don't really have a problem with the redneck part of it, to tell you the truth. I don't," the former vice presidential candidate told the crowd. "That's fine with me."

Palin told the gun rights supporters how she recently searched online for the best redneck jokes to prepare for an appearance in Alabama where she was introduced by a radio personality named "Bubba.".

:haha: charming!

Muezzin
07-02-2010, 08:21 PM
You betcha!

...Sorry.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!