/* */

PDA

View Full Version : does love hurt?

Myself
05-15-2010, 02:36 PM
this is extremely random but thought i would still ask, out of curiousity!

how many people on this forum think/believe/agree that love actually hurts (be that somewhere down the track, initially, or whatever) and who thinks it can sometimes lead to danger too?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
PouringRain
05-15-2010, 02:52 PM
I believe that love can hurt, but not as the average individual would think of hurt. For example, when the average man speaks of love hurting it usually in a negative form. The type of hurt I am talking about comes from things like: the pain from losing a loved one, the pain of watching someone you love go through trials, the pain associated with discipline in love. These types of pain are beneficial and strengthening. If love hurts in a bad way, then it isn't love.

I wouldn't say that love can lead to danger. Lust certainly can, but not love.

Myself
05-15-2010, 03:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by PouringRain
If love hurts in a bad way, then it isn't love.
wise words i must say.

S<Chowdhury
05-15-2010, 05:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by pouringrain
i believe that love can hurt, but not as the average individual would think of hurt. For example, when the average man speaks of love hurting it usually in a negative form. The type of hurt i am talking about comes from things like: The pain from losing a loved one, the pain of watching someone you love go through trials, the pain associated with discipline in love. These types of pain are beneficial and strengthening. If love hurts in a bad way, then it isn't love.

I wouldn't say that love can lead to danger. Lust certainly can, but not love.
^^^^^^ totally agree sis

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ibn Abi Ahmed
05-15-2010, 05:52 PM
Yes. This is well known.

Mohamed_Sadiq
05-15-2010, 06:15 PM
Love is a pain in the heart its what people call heart ache and it's a fantastic feeling lool if ur strong enough though

Myself
05-16-2010, 03:28 AM
heart ache, yeah. what is the difference between the hurt that you get when you were truly in love with someone (and then lost him/her), and when it was just desire/lust?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!