/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question about salaah

aadil77
05-15-2010, 07:46 PM
my brother likes encouraging my mum to pray by praying next to her, can he lead prayers with her in jama'at?

so basically can a man lead a women in salah if its just them two?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
shuraimfan4lyf
05-15-2010, 08:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
my brother likes encouraging my mum to pray by praying next to her, can he lead prayers with her in jama'at?

so basically can a man lead a women in salah if its just them two?
"A boy leading a woman in prayer and vice versa "

Praise be to Allaah.

It is OK for a boy who understands the prayer to lead others in prayer, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “People should be led in prayer by the one who knows the most Qur’aan among them.” (Narrated by Muslim, al-Masaajid wa Mawaadi’ al-Salaah, 1078). And it was narrated in Saheeh al-Bukhaari that ‘Amr ibn Salamah al-Jarami said: “My father came from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and said that he had heard the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say, ‘When the time for prayer comes, let the one among you who knows the most Qur’aan lead you in prayer.’ They looked and they did not find anyone who knew more Qur’aan than me, so they made me lead them in prayer, and I was a boy of six or seven years.” (al-Maghaazi, 3963. See Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah, 7/389-390)

The evidence to be found in the hadeeth is that these Sahaabah asked ‘Amr ibn Salamah to lead them in prayer when he was six or seven years old. This indicates that a boy who has reached the age of discernment can lead the prayers. If that were not permitted, there would have been Revelation to say that it was not allowed. (Ahkaam al-Imaamah wa’l-I’timaam fi’l-Salaah by ‘Abd al-Muhsin al-Muneef).

If your son fulfils all the conditions and obligations of the prayer, then there is nothing wrong with him leading you.

With regard to a woman leading a boy in prayer, this is not permissible, because he comes under the same rulings as a man. What is permitted is for a woman to lead other women in prayer, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) commanded Umm Waraqah bint ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Nawfal to lead the members of her household – i.e., the women – in prayer. (Narrated by Abu Dawood, al-Salaah, Imaamat al-Nisaa’, 500, Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Sunan Abi Dawood, 553).
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid
http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/9933/...ading%20mother

aadil77
05-15-2010, 08:45 PM
jazakhAllah khair akhi just what I was looking for :)

shuraimfan4lyf
05-15-2010, 08:52 PM
Wa Iyyakum :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
PouringRain
05-15-2010, 09:06 PM
I have a question about your question. :) In Islam, should the woman stand behind the man during the prayer? Also, would it be different in Aadil's family circumstance being that the two are related? Or would it still be that they should be with the woman behind the man and not next to her (beside her)?

(I think it is beautiful when men and women pray together.... when the man leads the woman.)

aadil77
05-15-2010, 09:26 PM
men and women pray behind whether or not they're related, you only pray besides (but a step behind) the imam when its just you and him, if there are two people praying behind him then they form a row behind him

but in the case of a unrelated woman I doubt they would pray together in the first place,

PouringRain
05-15-2010, 09:32 PM
Thanks, Aadil. ..... Now that I think about it, I can't think about a time when non-related men and woman might be praying together either. :giggling:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!