/* */

PDA

View Full Version : higher studies for Muslim women? Is it okay??

Tiara B
05-16-2010, 07:23 AM
Assalamu alaikum

I just want to know if it's okay for women as Muslims to continue their higher studies? is it right for Muslim girls to study abroad all by themselves, that is, with no mahram? It is a good thing to seek education right? so why is it that it is women who are always deprived of their higher education? without higher education, it is hard to move on in this world and society,and to get jobs merely an O/L pass isn't enough.

And are there any good Islamic universities for women, with a proper Islamic university?
please let me know.

Thanks.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Nisrin
05-16-2010, 09:15 PM
Up..

Why have no one answered the girls question?!

islamirama
05-16-2010, 10:20 PM
wa'alaikum As'salaam,

It is okay for a Muslimah to seek higher education. We have very well educated muslim girls all over the world. Muslim countries often employ female doctors for female patients and male for males. One can't travel alone without a mahram whether they are going for studies or any other reason. It's good to seek higher education but everybody doesn't need Ph.Ds, each person gets education to level that serve their means. There are many who do up to high school only while others go for their B.S. or higher depending on their aspirations and desires. As for why some are deprived of it, there many reasons for it such as culture, social/economical issues, family politics, and what not. AS for moving on the world/society and jobs, in Islam the woman is not required to work at all. it is the responsibility of mahram (male kin) to provide for the house hold, be he a father, brother, uncle, husband, etc.

I'm sure there are plenty of islamic universities and non-islamic (meaning secular education) for females only. It just depends where you want to study. For example, here's one for girls only in uae. Effat College - Home

Hidaaya
05-18-2010, 04:49 AM
Honestly, I think that we should, as Muslimahs, most definitely try to earn higher degrees. No one should be able to stop us, because education is important in life and society, and it would help us be independent, if ever needed. No Muslimah should be deprived of their achieving a higher education :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
tigerkhan
05-18-2010, 10:13 AM
sis i am contining my career in field of education....
to ur question i cant reply in sense what ISLAM tells about this bcz there are many related issues. eg travelling/living without mahram etc, about these issues only AALIM or MUFTI can say something.....but what suggest/advice u being experienced in this field is; OK education is v.imp to get independent as stated above by hadaaya....but remember man is much affected by his sourronding and environment and u know how is atmosphere is universities...one need much strength to practice islam in such environments...so if u wana persue toward higher dergee must keep in mind u have strenghen ur emman much and make strong intention that u will never forget our basic purpose to life to worship and obey ALLAH SWT alongwith completing ur degrees...
JZK

Tiara B
05-19-2010, 01:07 PM
Assalamu Alaikum........

thank you for your good advice............im surprised to know that there actually is an islamic university for GIRLS,at all..
Can i know where in UAE it is???thanks.

Anyway, it must be a great challenge to study abroad, because who knows how the environment might be? Some people go abroad for studies and come back with their Iman as strong as ever, while others end up being forced to turn away from their paths....May Allah save them from such a thing....
And yes, you can't travel alone, without a mahram that is...........
but can't a girl travel abroad with other girls, like her friends or relatives??????????

Danah
05-19-2010, 01:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tiara B
Assalamu Alaikum........

thank you for your good advice............im surprised to know that there actually is an islamic university for GIRLS,at all..
Can i know where in UAE it is???thanks.
Yeah there are like 3 main excellent universities in UAE that I can recommend where you will find male students and female students are separated each on their own campus.

In Al Ain:
United Arab Emirates University

In Abu Dhabi:

Abu Dhabi University
Zayed University

tigerkhan
05-19-2010, 01:33 PM
mashallah
feeling pleasure to know that....

Tiara B
05-20-2010, 01:14 PM
i just checked out the site http://www.adu.ac.ae/en (Abu Dhabi: Abu Dhabi University)
and the university looks just so AMAZING!! but the problem is, I'll have to magically turn into a millionaire to afford the fees!!!

Danah
05-20-2010, 02:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tiara B
i just checked out the site http://www.adu.ac.ae/en (Abu Dhabi: Abu Dhabi University)
and the university looks just so AMAZING!! but the problem is, I'll have to magically turn into a millionaire to afford the fees!!!
Well, Its free for national students. Did you check if there is any scholarship offered for non-emarati studnets there?

I guess in United Arab Emirates University you might find such offers, but maybe you will have to work there after you graduated. check again or even contact them.

Tiara B
06-09-2010, 01:54 PM
thnxfor the info...but i guess this university is not meant for students looking for a degree in science................

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!