/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Help!!! Travelling sickness!!!!!

Tiara B
05-16-2010, 07:49 AM
vomiting is just disgusting, and i feel my stomach churn and the food come up my throat EVERY TIME I TRAVEL!!! i just can't help it, even if it's a short trip, like, say 15 minutes, and i feel sick already.i avoid trips as much as possible bcoz nobody would like to travel with a person who vomits her bowels out.....eeewwww....it's so unfair, i cant even go on trips with my friends, they obviously never feel like sitting next to me!!!! why is it this way? all my energy runs out and i cant enjoy a single ride.
but amazingly there is just one remedy for this, THAT IS WHEN I TRAVEL IN A/C AND IF I LISTEN TO ISLAMIC SONGS. this seriously makes me feel better. it's weird. but there are times when the player doesn't work or there's no air conditioning, and that's it!
Is there any explanation for this and the weird way i get cured?
is there anyway i can prevent vomiting and be ready before traveling?
pls help!! im going on a 5 hour journey next week, ON A BUS!!! and im supposed to enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Alpha Dude
05-16-2010, 08:40 AM
http://health.howstuffworks.com/how-...n-sickness.htm

Life Artist
05-16-2010, 09:33 AM
drink ginger tea

it may help

Alpha Dude
05-16-2010, 09:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Life Artist
drink ginger tea

it may help
That's unexpected advice coming from a coffee maniac.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
piXie
05-16-2010, 10:39 AM
hmm I duno maybe u should look at the greenery outside the window and sip cool water from time to time. I hope it goes away

Tiara B
05-16-2010, 12:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Life Artist
drink ginger tea

it may help
Tea is ONE thing i avoid before going on any journey. I dunno why, it feels worse if i drink tea.

hmm I duno maybe u should look at the greenery outside the window and sip cool water from time to time
water...............well........i'll have to give it a try...but i avoid eating or drinking anything at all times, because when the food in your stomach is already halfway up your throat, then stuffing more food and drink into your mouth seems like a bad idea to me.

Supreme
05-19-2010, 10:20 AM
Surely there's some sort of cheap tablet you can buy beforehand which may make you feel less nauseous.

tigerkhan
05-19-2010, 01:22 PM
[QUOTE=Supreme;1328734]Surely there's some sort of cheap tablet you can buy beforehand which may make you feel less nauseous.[/Q]

exactly...i forgot the name of that tablets but its an easy and common solution for this issue.

جوري
05-19-2010, 03:55 PM
my personal experience with travel sickness (after many trials and errors) is thankfully corrected by this combo I am suggesting it for you but people's chemistry differ..

I take

and couple it with

the unsweetened Turkish espresso serves two purposes:
1- the medication side effect is drowsiness
and 2- it gets rid of that cloying sensation that facilitates the nausea to begin with.. usually takes about 20mins or so to work..

and Allah swt knows best

:w:

Abdul Wahid
05-19-2010, 04:56 PM
This used to happen to me when I was a kid. I used to hate travelling. Used to get this nasty feeling. It was only back in the school days.

Alhumdulillah I'm good to travel anywhere now. I never done anything to sort it out. It just happened. Alhumdulillah.

Ansariyah
05-19-2010, 07:44 PM
Maybe u just dont like travelling? so u get nervous?

Just asking...

Alpha Dude
05-19-2010, 09:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul Wahid
This used to happen to me when I was a kid. I used to hate travelling. Used to get this nasty feeling. It was only back in the school days.

Alhumdulillah I'm good to travel anywhere now. I never done anything to sort it out. It just happened. Alhumdulillah.
Same. Hated being in cars/buses, nearly always threw up. :X

I'm not sure how it resolved. It always helped me having the window open for fresh air and looking out at the scenery, as pixie suggested. Make sure you get the window seat lol.

Don't read anything while the bus is in motion either as that's likely to mess with your head and make you feel more nauseous.

I would feel nauseous looking at first person shooter games too. I guess it's due to our brains somehow getting confused over why our bodies aren't moving but the area around us seems to be moving. :exhausted

shuraimfan4lyf
05-19-2010, 09:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tiara B
vomiting is just disgusting, and i feel my stomach churn and the food come up my throat EVERY TIME I TRAVEL!!! i just can't help it, even if it's a short trip, like, say 15 minutes, and i feel sick already.i avoid trips as much as possible bcoz nobody would like to travel with a person who vomits her bowels out.....eeewwww....it's so unfair, i cant even go on trips with my friends, they obviously never feel like sitting next to me!!!! why is it this way? all my energy runs out and i cant enjoy a single ride.
but amazingly there is just one remedy for this, THAT IS WHEN I TRAVEL IN A/C AND IF I LISTEN TO ISLAMIC SONGS. this seriously makes me feel better. it's weird. but there are times when the player doesn't work or there's no air conditioning, and that's it!
Is there any explanation for this and the weird way i get cured?
is there anyway i can prevent vomiting and be ready before traveling?
pls help!! im going on a 5 hour journey next week, ON A BUS!!! and im supposed to enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:salamext: may Allah ease your pain and cure you inshaAllah..drink black tea with mint leaves in it. Stay away from fast food etc. Also dont drink water from tap since you are travelling you are not used to their water.
format_quote Originally Posted by piXie
hmm I duno maybe u should look at the greenery outside the window and sip cool water from time to time. I hope it goes away
Lool at look at greenery outside, I wonder how that will reduce the sickness :p

Hidaaya
05-19-2010, 10:40 PM
I used to stick my head outside the window when I started feeling sick. oh and slushees help too, for me at least.. :x

Tiara B
05-20-2010, 01:09 PM
well yeah.....each person has a way of controlling this...motion sickness....
and it all comes down to one point; that is to keep your thoughts busy and to not think about vomiting...
i think that's what makes me feel sick all the time..i just cant help feeling that any moment i'm going to throw up, that's why listening to Islamic songs help, i totally concentrate on the song and don't ever think about vomiting or anything.
it's wierd how the mind can affect the body....i don't really know anyway...:)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!