/* */

PDA

View Full Version : If we can't celebrate their festivals, then...

Samiun
05-16-2010, 02:06 PM
:sl: brothers and sisters,

If we can't celebrate a non-muslim's festival, then how should we act if they're celebrating ours?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aadil77
05-16-2010, 02:09 PM
doesn't matter, how are they gonna celebrate eid?

Woodrow
05-16-2010, 02:15 PM
I believe if they choose to celebrate that which we celebrate we should act with joy, compassion and help them celebrate it appropriately. we should also use it as an opportunity to exam ourselves and be certain we ourselves are truly celebrating, (praising Allaah(swt)) or using the festiva onlyl as "Party Time"

Samiun
05-16-2010, 02:30 PM
doesn't matter, how are they gonna celebrate eid?
By participating the event with us?

I believe if they choose to celebrate that which we celebrate we should act with joy, compassion and help them celebrate it appropriately. we should also use it as an opportunity to exam ourselves and be certain we ourselves are truly celebrating, (praising Allaah(swt)) or using the festiva onlyl as "Party Time"
But what happens when they ask us to join theirs? Wouldn't your heart hardened when they ask you that question? It would be unfair in reality but not in the eyes of Allah S.W.T.. Then again, you'll still feel your heart bumping fast. Is this a challenge from Allah Almighty?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Darth Ultor
05-16-2010, 02:31 PM
How can you celebrate the Eid if you're not a Muslim? And what is wrong if a Muslim celebrates Passover? It has nothing to do with Jesus' (pbuh) "divinity", it was about God freeing the slaves from Egypt so that they may worship Him. And I'm sure Muslims are allowed to celebrate secular holidays, like Independence Day or Thanksgiving.

aadil77
05-16-2010, 02:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nabiel
By participating the event with us?

But what happens when they ask us to join theirs? Wouldn't your heart hardened when they ask you that question? It would be unfair in reality but not in the eyes of Allah S.W.T.. Then again, you'll still feel your heart bumping fast. Is this a challenge from Allah Almighty?
What event is Eid? the main highlight of Eid is the prayers where everyone greets each other when they're finished. Other than its just about meeting family and having meals.

You simply do not get involved in non-muslim religious festivals, if you do you might end up like this brelwi 'sheikh - ul - islam'

Woodrow
05-16-2010, 03:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Boaz
How can you celebrate the Eid if you're not a Muslim? And what is wrong if a Muslim celebrates Passover? It has nothing to do with Jesus' (pbuh) "divinity", it was about God freeing the slaves from Egypt so that they may worship Him. And I'm sure Muslims are allowed to celebrate secular holidays, like Independence Day or Thanksgiving.
While a "Secular Celebration" should be void of any religious significance. That alone is enough to justify our avoiding such, as all things should be an act of worship. Add to that Just how is a Secular holiday celebrated? Drinking, dancing and Music all of which are haram. Secular celebrations all too often are exposure to fitnah, best we avoid any non-Islamic celebration, if our celebrating is going to needlessly expose us to sin.

Supreme
05-16-2010, 03:12 PM
I agree that it's rather hard to participate or celebrate a religious festival when you yourself do not believe in what is being celebrated. I think it is possible to observe another religious festival though, and I'd love to have the chance to observe another religious festival.

Woodrow
05-16-2010, 03:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Supreme
I agree that it's rather hard to participate or celebrate a religious festival when you yourself do not believe in what is being celebrated. I think it is possible to observe another religious festival though, and I'd love to have the chance to observe another religious festival.
I personally agree with that and I go one step further. Even while disagreeing with the event I do have a touch of admiration for the desire I see to honor God(swt) and spread Peace.

Many of the Lakotah I live among still follow the traditional religious traditions. Among the Lakotah, all things are a religious celebration be it a sunrise or a sunset, the blooming of a flower, the howl of a coyote or even a sparrow flying over. There is no house of worship, the entire earth is the place of worship. I have a very strong admiration for their love of "Wakan Tanka" I disagree with their manner of worship but I love their desire to worship the Creator.

aadil77
05-16-2010, 04:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Supreme
In islam it isn't much of a religious festival its more like just a religious holiday that you have twice a year, you go to prayers early in the morning, give some money to charity, meet with people and thats about it, theres nothing else to it, the rest of the day is up to you how to spend, most people will use the day to have small family reunions, meet each other give each other gifts and have a meal together, on one of the two eids you can sacrifice an animal and destribute the meat to poor people

So as a non muslim the only way you can actually participate is by joining in the meal, LOL

Darth Ultor
05-16-2010, 04:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
While a "Secular Celebration" should be void of any religious significance. That alone is enough to justify our avoiding such, as all things should be an act of worship. Add to that Just how is a Secular holiday celebrated? Drinking, dancing and Music all of which are haram. Secular celebrations all too often are exposure to fitnah, best we avoid any non-Islamic celebration, if our celebrating is going to needlessly expose us to sin.
Music haraam? That's not what a Muslim scholar told me on the phone. He said the only haraam music are the ones with vulgar lyrics

aadil77
05-16-2010, 04:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Boaz
Music haraam? That's not what a Muslim scholar told me on the phone. He said the only haraam music are the ones with vulgar lyrics
no it is haraam only very few 'scholars' will say it isn't, like the one in the video above - he's a dancing musical sufi

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-16-2010, 05:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
What event is Eid? the main highlight of Eid is the prayers where everyone greets each other when they're finished. Other than its just about meeting family and having meals.

You simply do not get involved in non-muslim religious festivals, if you do you might end up like this brelwi 'sheikh - ul - islam'
LOL the music at the beginin sounds soooo lamee...it almost kills my eyes :| and their singing is jokee man...one word--> Hill air Ious : \

"Time for christmas, time to get together time for bla bla" ha

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!