/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Questions

newtothis
05-17-2010, 05:53 AM
Aslam walikum, warah muthulla hu waba raka tuhu
Here is a list of questions that I want to know the answer to. If you do know the answer (support from Qurran would be more appreciated) please let me know. Can you also try to avoid/explain any terminology that you use, because I have little knowledge on Islam, and I want to seek more.
1. Is playing a card game haram? even when no money is involved?
2. What should a person do if they cry and have their nose full while praying?
3. Should a person stop praying immediately if another person walks in front of them, therefore breaking their prayer?
4. While praying, the sound of "daal" gets mixed/replaced with "tha" maybe because of spit/bubble that regularly form in the mouth, what should a person do to avoid this? I have heard that Qurran should be read only in the correct "tone/voice" with no mistakes, and it is a big sin to read it in a different way. While praying, I want to avoid all mistakes. If someone has any tips in pronouncing everything correctly while praying/reading Qurran please share.
5. If I make mistake(s) in a prayer, what should I do? I need a scholar's/someone with enough knowledge to answer this, because I've had some different ones from my friends and other people.
6. Are their any specific prayers for which you cannot pray as kaza? When is a prayer officially called kaza, meaning if I pray ashr before the magrib azan, is it considered kaza? I have read other topics on kazah but I just don't understand them, and some give different information. I need clarification.
7. Inshallah, I will go to a university this year, but I need a lot of money for tuition plus for residence. However, I have no job, no money, very unhealthy relationship with my dad and my mom cannot support me. I really want to seek more knowledge. Where can I get money from? Is using the government's money ok? even if it is taxed at fixed/non-fixed rate?
8. I have been searching for quite a few days for du'ahs that could help me understand things & think & work faster. I have realized that I am very slow compared to an average person, in learning, understanding, writing, thinking, and etc. However, I never give up, I always push myself with the help & hope of Allah. I really want to succeed in life, and I make du'ah to Allah to remove all distractions and useless things from my life and to only keep me focused on my studies and Islam and to make me a true Muslim by heart. When I first came to this site, I found some du'ahs that I needed, but now unfortunately I cannot remember where they are. I've searched the site many times and I can't find them. If you know some du'ahs that might inshallah help me in my path please inform me.
9. I don't live in a Muslim country. On Fridays, we (students) pray in class after school, doing wadhu in the washroom (which is dirty). But I make sure that I have done my wadhu correctly. The room we pray in has pictures, we don't have any other room. Should we continue to pray in it? Or is it better to pray outside on the street/grass (in front of anyone)? Praying in public is not MY major concern because we have to stop carrying about what others think, but the majority of people that show up wouldn't want to pray outside "publicly" or they would be too lazy to go pray outside. In this case, is the prayer valid in the room, or is it still a no no and the idea of "praying outside" is more favorable?
10. Is the CocaCola, Pepsi, 7up.... thing really true? concerning "the secret message inside them"? If so what should I do? Stop drinking them? and why doesn't anyone do anything about it?
11. As a teenager/adult, having a girlfriend/boyfriend halal/haram, or are their limits to their relationship, or one of those "if's"---> "true-love" thing. This really bugs me.... in a Muslim country, my cousin is having this relationship and everyone knows about it except his dad, and all of them seem to make a "joke" out of it, including my mom. Few of my friends are doing the same thing here, but their parents don't know. I have never told their parents, cuz I don't want to get involved but I advise my friends to stop the relationship. One says that, it's true love / she "is" the one / I will marry her later on, so it's ok. But is it really??? Can someone please give me information about these "early relationships without marriage," and what the Qurran says about them? I asked my mom, but she didn't really....
12. Advice on waking at fajr time, other than the alarm clock? My family is sleeping, and I don't want to wake them up.
13. Can fagr prayer be prayed after sunrise or during the time of zuhr or any other prayer?
14. For some prayers, you can only pray kazah when the time for the same prayer arrives again? or any other time?
15. How big is the sin for taking a person's picture?
16. "Prom Night" would a Muslim really go there? A few Muslim friends helped with organizing the entire thing and are encouraging me to "get a date and attend" and I said no, and they said "nothing will happen...... you will regret not going there." Am I the one to regret not going there or is it the opposite?
17. Many people are going to the prom, and even "Muslim" friends with dates. A teacher asked one "Muslim" friend, ....but isn't dating/ having boyfriend/girlfriend before marriage not allowed by your religion? (Btw this "Muslim"'s brother is in a relationship) So she said something like ..... if its true love/ if they both love each other..... Now, what am I suppose to do??? Is what she said right? I just said to the teacher.... no miss its not allowed. But I felt offended by what she said, as if she changed the rules just to defend her brother and or herself? Should I talk to her about it, or mind my own business?
18. I appreciate it if you are reading this =)
19. Is wearing naqaab/hijaab (forgot the correct word) an option or a must for women in Islam?
20. Saying the surah out loud or in a low voice/ or in your mind without the lips/ tongue moving, does it really matter? When I am walking some distance, I started saying things in a low voice from qurran and things like kalmaa. Would it change anything if I did it in my mind?
21. Does Islam say anything about bad luck? "If a black cat crosses your path..." If my mom commands me to follow it, should this even be questioned?
22. Is it a sin to crack fingers/ bones?
23. When should children be beaten? My friend told me something, only in a specific scenario, but I wanted to confirm.
24. Playing games (on computer/systems) or watching TV haram or a sin? If any of the two, I want to avoid it please give me some advice that I could follow. Do these rules also go for playing sports?
25. Online surveys from universities and organizations, enter a person into a draw to win cash/ prizes. Are the prizes considered halal/haram? Remember, I need money for tuition, & the reason they give these prizes is to help us in education.
26. If a person has 2 houses to live at and eat which one he/she should go to do what? 1 house is of a Jew, and the other is of a Christan.
These are the only questions I have for now....
I apologize if I said something wrong.
Ty for your time, Allah Hafiz

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AabiruSabeel
05-17-2010, 07:47 AM
:sl:

Please be advised that we do not have any scholars on board and most of your questions require an scholar's input. Passing Religious verdicts and giving Religious advice is an extremely serious matter. If anyone gives out any Religious advice without sufficient knowledge, he will be fully responsible and accountable for the actions of the questioner. We advise you to please consult your local scholar, or, if you can't find one, then please post your questions on a reliable Fatwa site. Members of this board can only advise you on the more obvious and well known matters.

Please read this post for more info in this regard: http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...ml#post1202825

:wa:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!