/* */

PDA

View Full Version : question for hamza in ragrds to bad thoughts

muslimgirl12
05-18-2010, 01:12 PM
hello you previously answered my questiona bout having ba thoughs which really helped me Al.
my have just started to get better Al. but now i cant help thinking that i wasnt patient enough - that i dwelled on them too much - how do you know if you passed Allahs test or not - if i told many people including yourselves that i am having bad thouhgts about islam is that wrong - is it a sin to do so??? i never once stopped turning to allah for help but i still used to cry , get depressed and was trying to find compfort from my parents, cousins, uncles - so they are all aware that i do have these thoughts

and also yesterday i uttered some of my thoughts by mistake - will i be held accountable for this - as its been on my mind all night - i keep thinking why did i utter these words out loud -

I know it says you dont get sinned for your thoughts unless you utter them and i did, im am really afraid now :(

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abdul Wahid
05-18-2010, 03:59 PM
:sl: my sister.

First and foremost I hope you don't mind me trying to help you/give advice. InshaALLAH I will try my best & follow the Qur'an and Sunnah (Hadith).

The fact that you hate that and your heart recoils from it is a clear sign of faith. Waswaas happens to everyone who turns to ALLAH(SWT) by reciting dhikr etc. It is inevitable, but you have to be steadfast and patient, and persevere with your dhikr and prayer, and not give up, because in this way you will ward off the plot of the Shaytaan. “Ever feeble indeed is the plot of Shaytaan” [al-Nisa’ 4:76 – interpretation of the meaning]. Every time a person wants to turn to Allaah, waswaas brings other matters to mind. The Shaytaan is like a bandit: every time a person wants to move towards Allaah, he wants to block the way. Hence when it was said to one of the salaf that the Jews and Christians say, “We do not experience waswaas,” he said, “They are speaking the truth, for what would the Shaytaan do with a house in ruins?” (From Fatawa Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah, 22/608).

It seems these bad thoughts are from Shaytaan. There are duas which you can recite which will be given.

My sister whenever bad thought's occur to you, you must turn your attention immediately away from them by seeking refuge in ALLAH(SWT) (by saying: “A`udhu billahi mina ash-shaytani-r-rajim; I seek refuge and protection in Allah from Satan, the accursed”). The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said, “ALLAH has forgiven my Ummah of the whisperings of their souls so long as they do not talk about it or act accordingly.”

So from now on when these thoughts happen; you don't need to tell no one. Place your trust in ALLAH(SWT) & keep yourself busy. Do as much Zikr as possible, read the Holy Qu'ran. Learn about Islam; how the Prophet Muhammad(SAW) lived his life, look at the beautiful creation of ALLAH(SWT) and ponder over it, etc.

You see bad thoughts/evil whispers come from Shaytaan. Why? Well Shaytaan is determined to misguide you and deprive you of good. One of the Sahabah(RA) complained to the Messenger of ALLAH(peace and blessings of ALLAH be upon him) about waswaas during prayer, and he said: “The Shaytaan comes between me and my prayers and my recitation, confusing me therein.” The Messenger of ALLAH (peace and blessings of ALLAH be upon him) said: “That is a devil called Khanzab. If he affects you seek refuge in ALLAH from him and spit drily to your left three times.” He [the Sahaabi] said, I did that and ALLAH took him away from me.

The Prophet Muhammad(SAW) taught us the following dua’s (supplications) to master the evil inclinations of our souls, and, accordingly, these must be recited daily:

Allahumma ya muqalliba al-qulub thabbit qalbi `ala dinika. (O Allah, O You Who are the twister of hearts, so make my heart firm and steadfast on Your religion).

Rabbi a`udhu bika min hamazati ash-shayatin.
(My Lord, I seek Your refuge and protection against the whisperings of devils).

You can also read the Sayyid al-Istighfar (master supplication for forgiveness) in the morning as well as before going to sleep: Allahumma, anta rabbi, la ilaha illa anta; khalaqtani wa ana `abduka, wa ana `ala `ahdika wa wa`dika ma istata`tu; a`udhu bika min sharri ma sana`tu; abu’u laka bi ni`matika `alayya wa abu’u bi dhanbi; fa ighfir li, fa innahu la yaghfiru al-dhunuba illa anta. (O Allah, You are my Lord, there is no god but You; You have created me, and I am Your servant, and I stand firm on my covenant with You according to the best of my ability; I seek refuge in You from the evils of my own actions; I acknowledge Your favors upon me and I confess my sins to You; so forgive me, for no one has power to forgive sins except You.) (Narrated by Muslim, 2203)

“And if an evil whisper from Shaytaan (Satan) tries to turn you away (O Muhammad) (from doing good), then seek refuge in Allaah. Verily, He is the All‑Hearer, the All‑Knower”
[Fussilat 41:36]

Some of the Sahabah(RA) complained about the waswaas that was bothering them. Some of the companions of the Messenger of ALLAH (peace and blessings of ALLAH be upon him) came to the Prophet (peace and blessings of ALLAH be upon him) and said to him, ‘We find in ourselves thoughts that are too terrible to speak of.’ He said, ‘Are you really having such thoughts?’ They said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘That is a clear sign of faith.’” (Narrated by Muslim, 132 from the hadeeth of Abu Hurayrah).

Al-Nawawi said in his commentary on this hadith: “The Prophet’s words, ‘That is a clear sign of faith’ means, the fact that think of this waswaas as something terrible is a clear sign of faith, for if you dare not utter it and you are so afraid of it and of speaking of it, let alone believing it, this is the sign of one who has achieved perfect faith and who is free of doubt.”

So sister you must take care - dismiss and reject bad thoughts that are in your heart and mind by always turning to ALLAH(SWT) for refuge and protection. You must also recognize that ultimately you have no power to master these bad/evil thoughts except through the help of ALLAH(SWT). The remedy and cure therefore lies in consistency in dhikr (remembrance of ALLAH) and istighfar (seeking Allah’s forgiveness). Dua's are mentioned above.

Finally try to stop thinking about all the bad thoughts by keeping yourself busy as mentioned above. I do dua that ALLAH(SWT) make it easy for you and that you remain steadfast on the righteous path (deen). Ameen

:wa:

muslimgirl12
05-18-2010, 04:05 PM
salaam - thankyou for your reply

But this hasnt anwered my question - my question was yesterday i uttered some of my thoughts by mistake (they were really bad)- will i be held accountable for this - as its been on my mind all night - i keep thinking why did i utter these words out loud - and am getting depressed about it

it says you dont get sinned for your thoughts unless you UTTER them and i did, im am really afraid now :(

Abdul Wahid
05-18-2010, 05:05 PM
:wa:

The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said, “Allah has forgiven my Ummah of the whisperings of their souls so long as they do not talk about it or act accordingly.”

To explain this further, our thoughts can be divided into different categories: 1) the constant self-talk or idle thoughts that assail our minds over which we have no control; 2) thoughts that we dwell on; 3) intentions that we formulate based on those thoughts. We are not accountable for the first stage, namely the self-talk unless we dwell on them and nurture them in our minds, since we have no control over them. We are accountable if we dwell on them as well as for the deliberate intentions that we formulate based on these thoughts.

Having said this, it is also crucial for us to consider the treacherous nature of our hearts (more precisely our souls) and must exercise vigilance against them. The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) taught us that “Hearts are ever changing.” The word “qalb” in Arabic means twisting and turning. So we must take care to dismiss and reject bad thoughts that assail our hearts and minds by ever turning to Allah for refuge and protection. We must also recognize that ultimately we have no power to master these evil inclinations except through the help of Allah. The remedy and cure therefore lies in consistency in dhikr (remembrance of Allah) and istighfar (seeking Allah’s forgiveness).

Source: http://www.islam.ca/

If you are still confused; contact a scholar. Repent and ask for forgiveness from ALLAH(SWT). ALLAH is most forgiving. Make dua to ALLAH(SWT).
[BANANA]
Praise be to Allaah.

Allaah has told us that he will forgive all sins for the one who repents to Him. He says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Say: ‘O ‘Ibaadi (My slaves) who have transgressed against themselves (by committing evil deeds and sins)! Despair not of the Mercy of Allaah, verily, Allaah forgives all sins. Truly, He is Oft‑Forgiving, Most Merciful’” [al-Zumar 39:53]

This includes all sins, even shirk. Whoever repents, Allaah will accept his repentance.

With regard repentance from shirk in particular and the acceptance thereof, Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And those who invoke not any other ilaah (god) along with Allaah, nor kill such person as Allaah has forbidden, except for just cause, nor commit illegal sexual intercourse and whoever does this shall receive the punishment.

69. The torment will be doubled to him on the Day of Resurrection, and he will abide therein in disgrace;

70. Except those who repent and believe (in Islamic Monotheism), and do righteous deeds; for those, Allaah will change their sins into good deeds, and Allaah is Oft‑Forgiving, Most Merciful”

[al-Furqaan 25:68-70]

Allaah mentions the kufr and shirk of the Christians, then calls them to repent. He says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Surely, disbelievers are those who said: “Allaah is the third of the three (in a Trinity).” But there is no Ilaah (god) (none who has the right to be worshipped) but One Ilaah (God —Allaah). And if they cease not from what they say, verily, a painful torment will befall on the disbelievers among them.

74. Will they not turn with repentance to Allaah and ask His forgiveness? For Allaah is Oft‑Forgiving, Most Merciful”
[al-Maa'idah 5:73-74]

No matter how great the sin, the forgiveness, generosity and kindness of Allaah is greater.

All you have to do is to turn to Allaah, regret what you did and resolve not to do it again. Then receive the glad tidings of the bounty and mercy of Allaah, for Islam wipes out whatever sins came before it, as the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said to ‘Amr ibn al-‘Aas (may Allaah be pleased with him): “O ‘Amr, do you not know that Islam wipes out whatever came before it.” Narrated by Muslim, 121; Ahmad, 17861.

And the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The one who repents from sin is like one who did not sin.” Narrated by al-Tirmidhi and classed as hasan by al-Albaani.

If a person repents to Allaah, Allaah accepts his repentance and forgives him. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “And He it is Who accepts repentance from His slaves, and forgives sins”[al-Shoora 42:25]

“And verily, I am indeed forgiving to him who repents, believes (in My Oneness, and associates none in worship with Me) and does righteous good deeds, and then remains constant in doing them (till his death)”[Ta-Ha 20:82]

We have to think well of our Lord and hope that He will accept our repentance, for Allaah says, “I am as My slave thinks I am.” A hadeeth qudsi narrated by al-Bukhaari, 7066; Muslim, 2675. According to Ahmad with a saheeh isnaad: “I am as My slave thinks I am, so let him think whatever he wants.”

With regard to strengthening your faith, this may be done in many ways, such as the following:

1 – Remembering Allaah a great deal, reading His Book and sending a great deal of blessings upon His Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).

2 – Regularly offering the obligatory prayers on time and offering a lot of naafil prayers, so that one may attain the love and support of Allaah as it says in the hadeeth: “Whosoever shows enmity to someone devoted to Me, I shall be at war with him. My servant draws not near to Me with anything more loved by Me than the religious duties I have enjoined upon him, and My servant continues to draw near to Me with supererogatory works so that I shall love him. When I love him I am his hearing with which he hears, his seeing with which he sees, his hand with which he strikes and his foot with which he walks. Were he to ask [something] of Me, I would surely give it to him, and were he to ask Me for refuge, I would surely grant him it.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 6137.

3 – Keeping company with good people who will help you to worship and obey Allaah and discourage you from disobeying Him.

4 – Reading biographies of righteous people among the scholars, ascetics (zaahids), devoted worshippers and those who repented.

5 – Keeping away from everything that reminds you of sin and calls you to it.

In general, faith is increased by doing acts of worship and keeping away from haraam things.

We ask Allaah to help you and to accept your repentance, and to guide your heart.

And Allaah knows best.

Source: IslamQA[/BANANA]

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
muslimgirl12
05-18-2010, 10:50 PM
Do you or anyone know of a scholar??? anyone i can talk to /email or get advise on??

salaam

aadil77
05-18-2010, 11:13 PM
salam sis its pretty straightforward, just control your thoughts and control your tongue, whenever you think something bad - Fear Allah - know that He's listening to what you're thinking

btw can I ask is english your first language?

muslimgirl12
05-19-2010, 09:23 AM
when i said my thoughts outloud i did it unintentionally - i did not mean to say it out loud

Urdu is my first language - english is my second, why do you ask???

Ummu Sufyaan
05-19-2010, 09:49 AM
:sl: sister.
may allah make things easy for you.
format_quote Originally Posted by muslimgirl12
hello you previously answered my questiona bout having ba thoughs which really helped me Al.
my have just started to get better Al. but now i cant help thinking that i wasnt patient enough - that i dwelled on them too much - how do you know if you passed Allahs test or not - if i told many people including yourselves that i am having bad thouhgts about islam is that wrong - is it a sin to do so??? i never once stopped turning to allah for help but i still used to cry , get depressed and was trying to find compfort from my parents, cousins, uncles - so they are all aware that i do have these thoughts

and also yesterday i uttered some of my thoughts by mistake - will i be held accountable for this - as its been on my mind all night - i keep thinking why did i utter these words out loud -

I know it says you dont get sinned for your thoughts unless you utter them and i did, im am really afraid now :(
you will find many many Muslims go through with this. what you need to do is stop worrying too much and be vary wary of shaytaans trap. what i mean by this is that if you think carefully, you will notice that when you doubt about your faith, etc that you dont think about or worry if you are being patient or not. but once you are past this test/phase in your life and you start gaining confidence that things are getting easy for you, you will find that shaytaan comes in and trys to make the situation seem like its something that it isnt...this is simply a ploy to get you worried and scared which is a trick, to trick you into falling into the same trap of overally worrying and getting frightened. so be careful and be grateful that you have pasted this phase and think of the possibilities that may have occurred of your iman being at stake, had you acted upon and listened to these silly whispers.

the shahabi radhiallahu anhum use to got though these as well, so that is comforting to know.

about what you utter, you will realize that these worries go away once you start to stop worrying about them. later on when you are in a more sound state of mind you realize that you were just blowing things out of proportion and out of context and/or they were just your mind playing tricks on you.

so yes, try not to worry about these thoughts....sometimes you think you have said something, where as it might be just thoughts jsut going over and over in you head.

try combat these, try to seek knowledge (the more you gain knowledge, the more you realize the silly person you were thinking they were genuine :P) and try to get yourself involved in some activities such as taking a short course/taking up a hobby, etc.

Hamza Asadullah
05-21-2010, 02:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslimgirl12

:sl: my sister you can ask whatever you like and please never hesitate to do so. Firstly in order for Shirk to take place then you need to accept it with your heart and not just your tongue. Usually there is a connection between heart and tongue but in your case you just simply stated it without believing it in your heart.

Sameway when person says shahada without believing it with their heart then there Shahada is not accepted until they have affirmed what they are saying with their heart. So because of the fact that you have not accepted it in your heart but just simply said it then it is not shirk.

Even if a person done shirk by accepting it in their heart, if afterwards they denounce the shirk and feel remorseful and repent sincerely to Allah with the intention of never repeating such an act then Allah will forgive inshallah.

You should also realsie that your Qareen (an appointed shaythan that follows you and all of us) knows your weakness and is playing on this by trying to confuse you so whenever you get such thoughts then say: A'udhubillahi Minashaythanirajeem and also La hawla walaa Quwatha illah billah

Repel these whispers and spend your time in recitation of Qur'an and dhikrullah aswell as learning about Islam and involving yourself in doing good deeds.

My sister shaythan is just trying to mess with your head and confuse you by telling you to repeat these absurd things. Whenever you get these kinds of thoughts think to yourself "shaythan is just trying to mess with my head and confuse me and i won't let him" and then repeat the following: "A'udhu billaahi minashaythaanirajeem", Also: "La hawla Walaa Quwatha illah billah hil 'aliyyil adheem".

Then think of Almighty Allah and glorify him. You can repeat the third and fourth kalima and also "Subhanallah", "Alhamdulillah" and "Allahu Akbar".

Then everything will be fine sister. Its just shaythan trying to confuse you so block him out by remembering and glorifying Allah. Also recite as much of the Qur'an as you can along with its meaning so that you can understand the Qur'an and go along to talks and learn as much about Islam as you can because knowledge is extremely important.

What to do when you get these thoughts:

When experiencing evil thoughts one should do the following:

1) Do not be worried about them, rather one should be happy, for the occurring of evil thoughts is a sign of faith. A saint said: “Shaytan can not tolerate a believer being happy, thus when he sees him being happy for receiving these thoughts, he stops from whispering them.

2) When these thoughts come, one should occupy oneself with something else. These thoughts will not disappear by simply desiring them to go, rather, one should get busy in some work or task. So recite the Qur'an, do dhikr, learn Islamic knowledge, help your parents with the house or do some other beneficial activity. As long as you occupy yourself. As soon as you get a thought like that then straight away think of Allah and start doing dhikr and glorifying and praising Allah. Also think to yourself that "shaythan is just trying to confuse me and mess with my head and i won't let him"

3) One should seek Allah’s protection and refuge from the devil. Sayyiduna Abu Huraira (Allah be pleased with him) narrates that the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) said:

“The devil (shaytan) comes to one of you and says: “Who created this? Who created that? Until he says: “Who created your Lord?” When one experiences this, one should seek Allah’s refuge and stop the matter there”. (Sahih al-Bukhari & Sahih Muslim).

So just say: "A'udhu billaahi minashaythaanirajeem", Also: "La hawla Walaa Quwatha illah billah hil 'aliyyil adheem".

The following verse of Surah al-mu’minun may be beneficial:

“Rabbi inni a’uzu bika min hamazat ashayatin wa a’uzu bika rabbi an yahdurun”

Trans: O my Lord! I seek your protection from the instigations of devils and I also seek your protection from that they (ever) come to me.

Hope that helps sister. This is also a test so bare with patience with full trust in Allah and have full hope, trust, faith and reliance in him and realise that shaythan is just trying to mess with your head so ignore it and remember Allah all of the time as much as you can. Also Repeat the dua's above whenever you get these whisperings. Do as many good deeds as you can and remember Allah abundantley. You will be fine sister be happy and think that Allah is with you. He only tests those he wants good for. Hope that helped sister.

muslimgirl12
05-26-2010, 11:20 AM
Salaam -

Thankyou everyone for your advise

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!