/* */

PDA

View Full Version : support Prophet: deactivate your Facebook account for just 20 May!

ahmed_indian
05-19-2010, 02:34 PM
salam alaikum,

for all those who have FB account.

30057 394244956370 662146370 465574 1?t1274279390 -

30057 394244971370 662146370 465574 1?t1274279390 -

Copy-Paste this: I am deactivating my facebook account due the the creation of disgraceful and disrespectful groups that are going to draw MUHAMMAD on 20th May 2010.

It hurt my religious feelings as these groups violate the terms and conditions of facebook but they have not been banned yet.

Thus, I am recording my protest by deactivating my account which can be temporary OR if those groups will not be banned in future then I will never use facebook again.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abdul Wahid
05-19-2010, 02:51 PM
Why not just completely delete the account? Would this not be better?

Alhumdullilah I don't have a account. Never have & never will. The amount of people addicted to such rubbish is unbelievable.

ardianto
05-19-2010, 03:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul Wahid
Alhumdullilah I don't have a account.
Me too.

I don't know why (but, Alhamdulillah) I never have an interest to make facebook account. But I like to discuss in forums and make comments in blogs.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-19-2010, 03:28 PM
You cant completely delete your FB account. If you had it you would know this. All it does it deactivate and in the future you just log back in to reactivate.

This got me thinking, check it out.

http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs634...._7155249_n.jpg

Opinions?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Abdul Wahid
05-19-2010, 03:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Light of Heaven
You cant completely delete your FB account. If you had it you would know this. All it does it deactivate and in the future you just log back in to reactivate.

This got me thinking, check it out.

http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs634...._7155249_n.jpg

Opinions?
Then it's best to deactivate it & in future not log back in.

With regards to the link you have provided - its interesting, many people won't know this and won't log in that day. It's true what the brother has written though.

CosmicPathos
05-19-2010, 03:45 PM
I do not think boycotting facebook is an intelligible way to show love for the Prophet (saw). Neither is continuing to use facebook an intelligible way. I guess I am silent on this issue. I dont know what is right and what is wrong in regards to my love for Prophet (saw) as it relates to facebook. Those pics will be posted on the internet, why do not we boycott internet as well?

AabiruSabeel
05-19-2010, 03:59 PM
:sl:

Facebook account can be permanently deleted. But they have purposely hidden the link. What you need to do is follow this link: http://www.facebook.com/help/contact...delete_account and then NOT try to log in again for at least 2 weeks. If you try to log in within that period, it gets restored again.

Read here for details: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=16929680703

Muslim Woman
05-19-2010, 04:00 PM
Salaam

not to use internet at all is not a good idea . So many Islamic sites are online . Why boycott them ? I learnt about Islam through Internet more than I did from books.

If a specific site publishes offensive posts against our beloved Prophet pbuh ,
then Muslims can either boycott that site or create positives posts there ( if possible ) . At least , we cant' remain silent .

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-19-2010, 04:39 PM
^^:sl:

I agree it's better to do some major dawah spammage on those pages as opposed to sitting quietly and let them have their way! Stuff like this will unfortunately keep happening so it wouldnt be smart to keep quiet every time. Our not using won't affect them in any way.

Btw bro sabeel, there was a time where I didn't log in for a month and it did not delete my FB account :/ So I dunno. Anyway, time for dawah! :p

Dagless
05-19-2010, 05:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mad_scientist
Those pics will be posted on the internet, why do not we boycott internet as well?
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman
not to use internet at all is not a good idea . So many Islamic sites are online . Why boycott them ? I learnt about Islam through Internet more than I did from books.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/sarcasm

btw I thought the day had been cancelled?

Life_Is_Short
05-19-2010, 05:15 PM
I acctivated my account until may 20th to warn my friends and to support "Honour the Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W)" and "We Stand Against Draw Muhammad Day" groups.

Although the person who initially proposed the idea has cancelled (for his safety) there are still people out there who want to continue with "Draw..Day".

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-19-2010, 06:34 PM
Aslaamu alaaykum
I have an account, but never go on, its boring and rubbish ,but for some people it can be a place to keep in contact with family thats what many people say anyways, people put pictures of themselves up whether your intention is for the pic to be seen by a friend or family, it can be still be viewed by other people anyways,and besides you can pictures up on your email and show it to people, anyways, i say why dont you just download MSN as its a much safer service :):\... well thats just my geeky opinion. . . .feel free to not like it :)

So yeah

Wa alaykum salaam

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-19-2010, 06:35 PM
^sorry if i went off topic!

Asiyah3
05-19-2010, 06:53 PM
I disagree with all this. If you'll give them all this attention, it's just going to encourage more. Above all, they're not even drawing out Prophet SAWS "in real".

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-19-2010, 10:05 PM
Thats true, they aren't really drawing him(saw). They don't even know what he(saw) looks like other than what a Muslims appearance is. But still they are insulting with words and other things nonetheless.

Life_Is_Short
05-19-2010, 10:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by **muslimah**
I disagree with all this. If you'll give them all this attention, it's just going to encourage more. Above all, they're not even drawing out Prophet SAWS "in real".
They won't stop even if you don't give them any attention. They're giving the wrong message to all the potential non-muslims who may want to revert by drawing Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) in the wrong way.

shuraimfan4lyf
05-19-2010, 10:12 PM
:salamext:

Facebook can be deleted permanetly as brother AabiruSabeel said above^^..I left FB last month, and I am thinking about deleting it permanently inshaAllah. We should completely leave the website as it has more harms than benefits. Just leaving one day will not have any effect on them. But sadly, I dont think many people will even think about leaving it. May Allah guide us all.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-19-2010, 10:19 PM
^Ameen, lol the day i discovered FB i left it, meaning i hardly ever went on, but Alhamdulilaah dont go on , i dont know how to delete it :\

Abdul Wahid
05-20-2010, 05:36 AM

Those that have accounts then perhaps you could look at this:

Please, JOIN NOW !!!
May 20th: Everybody Introduce Prophet Mohammed Day!

http://www.facebook.com/Mohammed.Day?ref=mf&v=wall

Let Everybody Know! Please kindly suggest this page to ALL your friend!

Quick Invitations Code:

javascript:fs.select_all()

Simply click "Suggest to Friends" button, then copy the code above and paste it in the address bar and click ENTER!

The Facebook Boycott on 24th October.
The Boycott made a great success with over 300 Thousand Muslims boycotting, even Al Jazeera Channel reported it on satellite, and then? What happened? Facebook deleted all the organizers profiles and we lost many Islamic Pages, and Facebook still allows hate preachers to disrespect Islam.

So Boycotting for a day isn't the answer.

This page was hacked by Turkish Muslims. Thank you for defending Muhammed(PBUH)

http://drawmohammed.com/

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-20-2010, 01:47 PM
Already have joined dat :P

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-20-2010, 01:49 PM
Indeed you have :p :\

Asiyah3
05-20-2010, 01:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Life_Is_Short
They won't stop even if you don't give them any attention.
At least they're number will decrease if they realize it's pointless.

They're giving the wrong message to all the potential non-muslims who may want to revert by drawing Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) in the wrong way.
??... As far as I can see the opposite might happen, besides it only shows how immature they are. I doubt the sincere seekers will buy it. Also, I've read about some reverts who've started searching Islam after seeing anti-islamists' lies.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!