/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Helen Thomas has one question Mr. president!

جوري
05-19-2010, 07:15 PM

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ramadhan
07-07-2010, 03:31 AM
After Helem Thomas was forced to resign over her criticism of Israel, a CNN journalist is forced to make long apology for tweeting that she respected the deceased Fadlalah.

So much for freedom of speech in the west, eh?

I'm NOT surprised our onboard assorted atheists and the likes have been in the woodwork for so long.
I suspect they will come out of it next time there's a death threat against some loony cartoonist who decided nothing better to do than drawing prophet (SAW) in despicable manners.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2010/07/06...banese-cleric/

Lynx
07-07-2010, 06:15 AM
There is 'freedom of speech' in the west (of course this does not mean complete freedom of speech which does not & should not exist!); the problem is that the American political system is being exploited by influential people who happen to be pro-Israel. Muslims are too disunited & financially handicapped to counter-balance this pro-Israel dominance in USA. IMHO, in the near future this trend of politicians being bullied by pro-Israel groups will end as Israel's image becomes increasingly tarnished.

titus
07-07-2010, 08:06 AM
So much for freedom of speech in the west, eh?
Do not confuse "freedom of speech" with meaning that there are no repercussions for speaking out. It mainly means that the government cannot prosecute you for speaking your mind.

Say someone runs a store and insults my mother. I have the right to stop shopping at that store. I am in no way infringing on his freedom of speech. He has every legal right to say what he said and the government can do nothing about it. That does not mean that the people who like my mother cannot decide to take action by boycotting his store.

Helen Thomas has every legal right to say what she said. She broke no laws. She will not be arrested.

If the company she works for wants her to leave, though, that is their right also.

Now if the government had decided to arrest her or fine her for saying what she said then you would hear an uproar over freedom of speech.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!