/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Should I be killed?

DataPacRat
05-20-2010, 12:59 PM
Recently, I created a GIF image, with a stick figure and a speech balloon. The speech balloon read, "If you think I'm Muhammad, I'm not. If you don't think so, then I am. So am I or am I not Muhammad?". (If you wish to see it, it is currently hosted at the Friendly Atheist blog, which you can easily find with Google.)

It can be reasonably argued that this stick-figure is an image of Muhammad. (It can also be reasonably argued that it is not; raising that reasonable argument, about figuring out what is an image of Muhammad or not, was the main point of this image.)

Do you think that an appropriate response to my having created and publicized this picture is for somebody to try to kill me?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
shuraimfan4lyf
05-20-2010, 01:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by DataPacRat

Do you think that an appropriate response to my having created and publicized this picture is for somebody to try to kill me?
Yes without any doubt.

DataPacRat
05-20-2010, 01:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by shuraimfan4lyf
Yes without any doubt.
Are you intending to attempt my murder personally, to assist somebody else in murdering me (such as by contributing to a reward for my death, or advertising that I should be killed), or is this "without any doubt" just words lacking any actual action, like "without any doubt, all people should be nice to each other"?

Gabriel Ibn Yus
05-20-2010, 01:16 PM
Recently, I created a GIF image, with a stick figure and a speech balloon. The speech balloon read, "If you think I'm Muhammad, I'm not. If you don't think so, then I am. So am I or am I not Muhammad?". (If you wish to see it, it is currently hosted at the Friendly Atheist blog, which you can easily find with Google.)

It can be reasonably argued that this stick-figure is an image of Muhammad. (It can also be reasonably argued that it is not; raising that reasonable argument, about figuring out what is an image of Muhammad or not, was the main point of this image.)

How old are you? 12?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
DataPacRat
05-20-2010, 01:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Ibn Yus
How old are you? 12?
I was born in 1976.

Re.TiReD
05-20-2010, 01:19 PM
This thread is pathetic, as pathetic as the one made on Ummah forum, http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...ld-I-be-killed

What is he trying to do, compile a list of all those who say he should be killed? Pfft take yourself and your drawing elsewhere, we have no time for it.

Gabriel Ibn Yus
05-20-2010, 01:24 PM
I was born in 1976.
How many Muslims do you really know?

Would it be true to say that all the Muslims you know are from TV?

If so - don't you feel ashamed insulting people like that just on the
basis of some foolish propaganda you see on television?

And then also to present yourself as enlightened...

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-20-2010, 01:25 PM

If you were to draw an Image of the Beloved Prophet Muhammad (saw), what point are you exactly trying to make? To show you hate muslims? or to show you love them?

Why exactly are you making a GIF pic or whatever, with speech bubbles and it saying that? what point are you trying to make?

Darth Ultor
05-20-2010, 01:25 PM
Yes. AVADA KEDAVRA!

Dagless
05-20-2010, 01:28 PM
Why is everyone replying to this idiot? He's just trying to get a rise out of someone. Personally I think the thread should be closed since the answer to his question has been posted in all the other threads dealing with this topic.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-20-2010, 01:31 PM
I think you shouldnt be making Gifs on Prophets, rather do some research
Good luck with what you may achieve with your GIF Pic, just cause more hate:)
If thats what you like carry on, if not then leave it, for its better for you!

DataPacRat
05-20-2010, 01:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Ibn Yus
How many Muslims do you really know?
Does anybody /really/ know anyone else?

But for the standard meaning of the question - more than one.

Would it be true to say that all the Muslims you know are from TV?
No.

If so - don't you feel ashamed insulting people like that just on the
basis of some foolish propaganda you see on television?

And then also to present yourself as enlightened...
Do you really think that my drawing is that insulting?

DataPacRat
05-20-2010, 01:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim World 12
If you were to draw an Image of the Beloved Prophet Muhammad (saw), what point are you exactly trying to make? To show you hate muslims? or to show you love them?

Why exactly are you making a GIF pic or whatever, with speech bubbles and it saying that? what point are you trying to make?
The point of the particular image I raised was to deal with the idea of 'meta-'. According to the rules described in the speech balloon, is the stick-figure actually an image of Muhammad or not? If yes, then no; but if no, then yes. It's an updated version of the old puzzler, "The following sentence is true. The preceding sentence is false."

Except that if it /is/ true, then, apparently, some people want to kill me, which raises the stakes just a little.

Gabriel Ibn Yus
05-20-2010, 01:34 PM
Does anybody /really/ know anyone else?
Yes, he does. A man knows his wife, his family, children, parents and
community.

It is only in western society were people are so poor and lonely.

Supreme
05-20-2010, 01:40 PM
I scrolled down and saw all of them. Some of them were purposely offensive, however, most were not. The only one I found mildly amusing (and I stress the word mildly) was the one with the Pope in. Other than that, seemed like a waste of everybody's time.

Muslim Woman
05-20-2010, 01:51 PM
Salaam/Peace

why are u provoking Muslims ?

Danah
05-20-2010, 01:56 PM
heh!!

MAN!!! you got so much free time in your hand!! Cant you spent it in any better thing than this?

people these days!!!

DataPacRat
05-20-2010, 01:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman
Salaam/Peace

why are u provoking Muslims ?
I'm not trying to provoke Muslims; I'm trying to communicate with them. Some Muslims, unfortunately, interpret such questions as provocation, and make death threats in response - and sometimes carry them out.

If one takes the words in my image at face value, then it is literally impossible to say whether it is an image of Muhammad or not - it is neither true nor false that it is of Muhammad, and it is both true /and/ false at the same time. It's a paradox, unresolvable. And yet, even when it is just as false as it is true that the stick-figure is an image of Muhammad, some Muslims have said that I should be killed for having created it.

If somebody /does/ actually try to carry out murderous intentions towards me... I can think of a lot less interesting ways to die than as the result of posing a logical paradox. (I'm still planning on living forever or dying trying, of course, but I think you can tell what I mean.)

DataPacRat
05-20-2010, 01:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Danah
heh!!

MAN!!! you got so much free time in your hand!! Cant you spent it in any better thing than this?
I'm multi-tasking. :)

aamirsaab
05-20-2010, 01:59 PM
Useless threads get locked.

Repeat offenders get banned.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!