/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Post Pictures from your ethnic orgin

Mohamed_Sadiq
05-20-2010, 09:30 PM
My Pics are from Somalia:shade:
This thread can help you find the right travel destination.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aadil77
05-20-2010, 09:31 PM
aw I already put pics from pakistan on that 'nature' thread

Mohamed_Sadiq
05-20-2010, 09:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
Can you post some pics if u can, we can compare and think of good travel destination.

S<Chowdhury
05-20-2010, 09:38 PM
Since we representing - pics from BANGLADESH :

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
aadil77
05-20-2010, 09:41 PM
^bruv don't even bother with bangladesh ;D

aadil77
05-20-2010, 09:42 PM
These are from northern parts of pakistan, tbh I've never been there, the main city areas of pakistan are quite ugly

Mohamed_Sadiq
05-20-2010, 09:43 PM
Nice pics,
Bangladesh is definitely in my travel destination list.

S<Chowdhury
05-20-2010, 09:46 PM
These are from northern parts of pakistan, tbh I've never been there, the main city areas of pakistan are quite ugly
^^^^^ Pakistan looks really similar to parts of Canada/North America

aadil77
05-20-2010, 09:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by S<Chowdhury
^^^^^ Pakistan looks really similar to parts of Canada/North America
hahaha the pics ive shown are they very best bits of pakistan, where people haven't come and poluted it lol, I wouldn't dare show the rest of pakistan

Cabdullahi
Burundi:

S<Chowdhury
I know i aint Canadian but my wife is sooooo plus i think canada is pretty spectacular in terms of scenery especially British Columbia and some of the hick towns LOOOOL

S<Chowdhury
05-20-2010, 09:54 PM
hahaha the pics ive shown are they very best bits of pakistan, where people haven't come and poluted it lol, I wouldn't dare show the rest of pakistan
same with Bangladesh haha most of our country either under the water half the time or populated heavily

Mohamed_Sadiq
05-20-2010, 09:55 PM
More pics from Somalia:

$tr@wB3rRy
05-20-2010, 10:00 PM
woah is tht really somalia??? I imagined it to be sumthin similar to nigeria for sum reason?

gorgeous pics (xcept 1) maa-sha-Allaah.

Woodrow
05-20-2010, 10:01 PM
I am actually of mixed races and cultures. I identify primarily with the Lietuva Lipkas (Lithuanian Tatar) although I now live among the Lakotah Sioux and my wife is Cheyenne, a Sister tribe of the Lakotah.

The Lipkas were known primarily for horsemanship and proficiency of the Mongolian Bow.

A Mongolian Bow:

The Mongolian Bow had a draw of over 200 pounds and the arrow could even pierce a suit of armor. But the lipkas were known for their accuracy at unbelievable distances able to hit targets over 300 feet distance, from the back of a galloping horse.

My adopted ethnic life is Lakotah.

Mohamed_Sadiq
05-20-2010, 10:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by $tr@wB3rRy
woah is tht really somalia??? I imagined it to be sumthin similar to nigeria for sum reason?

gorgeous pics (xcept 1) maa-sha-Allaah.
Lool, Yeh its Somalia, but sadly its not a safe place to travel due to the war, but Insha Allah it will get better.

Mohamed_Sadiq
05-20-2010, 10:08 PM
Eid day in Somalia capital city Mogadishu in 2006:

shuraimfan4lyf
05-20-2010, 10:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mohamed_Sadiq
Waryaa!! nice pics

LOL are you serious? :p

Abdul Wahid
05-20-2010, 10:42 PM
These are pics from Kashmir. Some of them are from Indian administrated Kashmir.

Danah
05-20-2010, 10:48 PM
^ SubhanAllah amazing pictures !!!

the third and the forth pictures are just so beautiful!

shaboo
05-22-2010, 11:16 AM
salaam,

im the owner of http://www.taqwa.me if any of you brothers or sisters have some artwork, id be interested to see it in order to promote it and promote you.

http://www.taqwa.me/art.php

Mohamed_Sadiq
05-22-2010, 11:38 AM
So far I like the pictures from Bangladesh

Ramadhan
05-22-2010, 02:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul Wahid
These are pics from Kashmir. Some of them are from Indian administrated Kashmir.

Kashmir is soo beautiful masha Allah.
is it safe to travel there?

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-22-2010, 04:13 PM
Awesome Piccies Indeed For you shall suceed!

cihad
05-22-2010, 04:53 PM
wow i never knew that somalia was such a beautiful place, all i see on the tv is dusty streets and guys riding around in toyota bakkies

Abdul Wahid
05-22-2010, 05:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Danah
^ SubhanAllah amazing pictures !!!

the third and the forth pictures are just so beautiful!
I was there last year. Never got to see most of the places but the time I spent there was amazing. So beautiful - just to ponder and reflect on the beautiful creations of ALLAH(SWT). SubhanaALLAH

format_quote Originally Posted by naidamar
Alhumdulillah its safe to travel there. Indian administrated Kashmir has more scenery and is beautiful too. Sadly we can't go there.

Brother aadil posted some beautiful pictures of the NWFP - would love to go there, a few bros I know are from there but highly unlikely with the current situation

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-22-2010, 05:23 PM
what is the NWFP?

waji
05-22-2010, 05:29 PM
North West Frontier Province (N.W.F.P) << the name was given by British
urdu name was Sarhaad but now its name is Khaybar Pakhtoon Khunwaan
its is the smallest province of Pakistan
provincial capital city is Peshawar

Abdul Wahid
05-22-2010, 05:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim World 12
what is the NWFP?
North-West Frontier Province is one of the four provinces of Pakistan.

They have changed the name. It is now known as Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-22-2010, 05:52 PM
^lol jazakallahu neevr heard of that geekines....

waji
05-22-2010, 05:58 PM
There are some other pictures of Pakistan

^^ if you are thinking its a stone you are wrong this is Salt piece
Second largest salt mine of the world Khewra Pakistan (see the more pictures and information)

Mohamed_Sadiq
05-22-2010, 10:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cihad
wow i never knew that somalia was such a beautiful place, all i see on the tv is dusty streets and guys riding around in toyota bakkies
Lool, the tv just shows you the war and stuff like that, but Somalia is indeed beautiful i hope it gets better cause i really want to live their to my home country.

shuraimfan4lyf
05-22-2010, 10:07 PM
Lool, the tv just shows you the war and stuff like that, but Somalia is indeed beautiful i hope it gets better cause i really want to live their to my home country.
Yes the media shows mostly the "ghettos" of the countries who are poor. Not just somalia. And they usually show the beautiful scenes of the western countries. You will rarely see media showing the poor side of U.S., UK, etc. and What part of Somal you from? I have friends who are from Mogadishu..but most of them lived in Kenya cause of the war.

Cabdullahi
05-22-2010, 10:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cihad

That's right sister! somalia's got dusty streets and skinny guys riding toyota bakkies....just look at those dudes! and their funny theatre like poses....Absolutely disgusting!!

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-22-2010, 10:09 PM
^LOL very geeky

shuraimfan4lyf
05-22-2010, 10:13 PM
lool, Uganda and Congo are way worse than Somalia when it comes to kids using guns. They hand a you Ak-47 when the kid can barely ride a bike..May Allah send peace and unity there.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-22-2010, 10:24 PM
where is congo?

shuraimfan4lyf
05-23-2010, 04:17 AM
Its in Africa.^

Raaina
05-23-2010, 07:45 AM
I went to Northern Pakistan a few weeks ago - but thats not from my ethnic orign, sooo I shall try find some pictures from the UK.

S_87
05-23-2010, 11:02 AM
beautiful pictures especially the ones with beaches SubhanAllah!
Aadil those pics of pakistan are WOW...reminds me of england somehow

Barbados:
its a small island with beach...

beach...

and more beach

the avrage house

the town

Cabdullahi
05-23-2010, 11:10 AM
From barbados to england :(

S_87
05-23-2010, 11:19 AM
lol indeed. but just so you know, living and a holiday is very different

Cabdullahi
05-23-2010, 11:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani
lol indeed. but just so you know, living and a holiday is very different
Dont try to rub salt in the wound! because im only in england for one week then from england to the middle east!........BOOYA!

S_87
05-23-2010, 11:35 AM
mashaAllah..where in the middle east are you moving?
very nice to be able to hear the adhan daily

Cabdullahi
05-23-2010, 12:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani
mashaAllah..where in the middle east are you moving?
very nice to be able to hear the adhan daily
i cannot disclose the locality but Alhamdulilah its very nice to hear the adhan daily

i feel as though staying in england in the summer tarnishes the iman and going to the middle east and spending time there helps to restore it.

S_87
05-23-2010, 12:50 PM
Ohhh right, I understood you were making hijra or something!
In any case I pray you have a safe journey and may Allah make it beneficial to you both for thid world n the hereafter

★ηαѕιнα★
05-23-2010, 01:13 PM
Salaam everyone,

Mashallah loved the pics of Bangladesh and Pakistan. Very beautifull nature you guys have there. You could just sit and watch that scenery all day alhamdoellilah.
Here are soms pics from my homeland MOROCCO (though I was born in Holland :P)

Sawdah
05-23-2010, 01:43 PM
^Lovely pics from Morocco mashaAllah.

My homeland is Somalia/Djibouti. But I was born in Canada so here's some pics from Djibouti since there's already pics from Somalia. :p:

hotel:

another img:

Mohamed_Sadiq
05-23-2010, 01:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by shuraimfan4lyf
Yes the media shows mostly the "ghettos" of the countries who are poor. Not just somalia. And they usually show the beautiful scenes of the western countries. You will rarely see media showing the poor side of U.S., UK, etc. and What part of Somal you from? I have friends who are from Mogadishu..but most of them lived in Kenya cause of the war.
Yeh I am from the capital city Mogadishu and another city called Kismayo. I will post pictures from that city.

Al-Yasa
05-23-2010, 01:55 PM
well am from bangladesh but i dont consider the country to be beautiful:hmm:

Mohamed_Sadiq
05-23-2010, 02:01 PM
Pictures of Somalia's nature:

Supreme
05-23-2010, 03:26 PM
Hi.

I'm mostly British (give or take a bit of Polish ancestry), so here's some photos of Britain, my anecestral homeland:

Woodrow
05-23-2010, 03:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ★ηαѕιнα★
Salaam everyone,

Mashallah loved the pics of Bangladesh and Pakistan. Very beautifull nature you guys have there. You could just sit and watch that scenery all day alhamdoellilah.
Here are soms pics from my homeland MOROCCO (though I was born in Holland :P)

Jazakallahu Khayran for the memories. I also love Maroc. That picture of the Atlas Mountains looks like it was taken from near Fez and the picture of the Medinah wall in Rabat brings back lots of good memories. The picture with the vendors carts looks like Kenitra (Port Lyauty). The desert of the Dra Valley was one of my favorite places. An excellent area for fossil hunting. Trilobite fossils almost littered the ground back in the 1960s.

cat eyes
05-23-2010, 03:59 PM
im irish with british,french,german ancestry.

herers my home land :p

aadil77
05-23-2010, 04:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Yasa
;D thats ok bro, neither do we

Woodrow
05-23-2010, 05:46 PM
I have posted quite a few pictures of the Dakotas in other threads. So I will only repeat a few here. This is the Dakotas (Proper spelling is Dakotah but The USA government doesn't know how to spell. We prefer to call it the "Republic of Lakotah"

Here is the downtown section of the big city I live in. Most of the buildings are vacant and the population living here numbers about 50.

Here is what I see most often in my typical day to day wanderings.

This next picture was taken just a few seconds after the above was taken. The pinks and reds faded as fast as they came.

Beardo
05-23-2010, 05:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Yasa
I'll second that. But to continue the trend, here's a picture:

Mohamed_Sadiq
05-23-2010, 05:52 PM
I heard there is to much flooding in bangladesh due to it being below sea level.

tango92
05-24-2010, 07:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
im irish with british,french,german ancestry.

herers my home land :p

alhumdulillah, here in the uk we do have some good looking beaches, fields and national parks.

oh, im from pakistan be4 yall get confused

cat eyes
05-24-2010, 11:30 PM
yeah u.k has some nice places too but i found scotland was more beautiful. England would be more advanced then ireland just a little though that is because if u traveled around ireland ud see houses in the most odd remote places lol with shops miles away but i hope it never changes cos thats what makes it ireland.

Heres dublin

marwen
05-24-2010, 11:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
Burundi:

wow ! I really love Africa, actually I live in north Africa, but I didn't visit such beautiful places like these pictures.

marwen
05-25-2010, 12:55 AM
This is my country Tunisia (just the best parts lol) :
1440060334 d65305d919 1?v0 -

1776798151 d4f9249354 1?v0 -

islamirama
05-25-2010, 01:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by naidamar
Only pakistan side (free kashmir) is safe, the indian occupied (most beautiful prison on earth as stated by UN Human rights) is not safe as it has over 1 million Indian soldiers occupying it.

arabianprincess
05-25-2010, 02:00 AM
really nice pics everyone !

جوري
05-25-2010, 02:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by marwen
This is my country Tunisia (just the best parts lol) :
1440060334 d65305d919 1?v0 -

sob7an Allah, I don't think I have ever met anyone from Tunisia before, just one confused dude while I was abroad once asking for directions, it was the blind leading the blind lol..

you have such a beautiful country, can you tell me more about this picture?

Jazaka Allah khyran

:w:

marwen
05-25-2010, 03:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by τhε ṿαlε'ṡ lïlÿ
sob7an Allah, I don't think I have ever met anyone from Tunisia before, just one confused dude while I was abroad once asking for directions, it was the blind leading the blind lol..

you have such a beautiful country, can you tell me more about this picture?

Jazaka Allah khyran

:as:
That picture is of an ancient Roman archaeological site called El Jem's Coliseum, it's situated in El Jem region in Mahdia (near Sousse) in Tunisia.
here are some other views of the place :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/El_Djem

جوري
05-25-2010, 03:54 AM
Jazaka Allah khyran.. It is tremendous to look at these very progressive architectures and think of people millenniums ago, not unlike ourselves who have perished and been replaced and those after them perished and more came... likewise all the miserable and even good people of our time shall perish and be replaced until there is none left save wajho Allah zhu aljalal wal'ikram!

marwen
05-25-2010, 04:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by τhε ṿαlε'ṡ lïlÿ
Jazaka Allah khyran.. It is tremendous to look at these very progressive architectures and think of people millenniums ago, not unlike ourselves who have perished and been replaced and those after them perished and more came... likewise all the miserable and even good people of our time shall perish and be replaced until there is none left save wajho Allah zhu aljalal wal'ikram!

Yes, jazaki Allaho khayran for these beautiful reflections. These buildings which stayed for thousands of years are just signs to show us that people who are stronger than us lived in these places, and they perished leaving just their traces, so we know that everything is coming to its end.

S<Chowdhury
05-27-2010, 11:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by al-yasa
whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat how can u say such a thing :exhausted, brother Rashad im disappointed aswell you jus dnt knw about Bangladesh, if it wasn't for all the corruption and flooding it'd be a holiday makers hotspot

Mr.President
05-27-2010, 11:57 AM

Guess the place ;D

S<Chowdhury
05-27-2010, 11:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Supreme
Hi.

I'm mostly British (give or take a bit of Polish ancestry), so here's some photos of Britain, my anecestral homeland:
Nice pics of Britain, to be honest i lived here for most of my life yet i rarely travel outside of London but anyway LONDON :

S<Chowdhury
05-27-2010, 12:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mr.President

Guess the place ;D
Hmmmmmmm...............Sri Lanka

Mr.President
05-27-2010, 12:34 PM
yea correct .!!!

shuraimfan4lyf
05-27-2010, 09:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by S<Chowdhury
Hmmmmmmm...............Sri Lanka
Lol, it says Sri Lanka on the pictures :p

Here are some pictures from My Original ethnicity, which is Yemen. Although I was born In India, so was rest of my family, our roots are fully from Yemen. InshaAllah I want to visit there one day..

SubhanAllah..

Hadhramawt, my family tribe is from this area.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-27-2010, 09:18 PM
^MashaAllaah nice country, and suprised you live in India, no wonder you know some of the urdu words from that urdu thread . . .

shuraimfan4lyf
05-27-2010, 09:20 PM
^MashaAllaah nice country, and suprised you live in India, no wonder you know some of the urdu words from that urdu thread . . .
I speak fluent urdu, well atleast I try to. I dont live in India anymore, I moved to USA about 9 years ago.

mediadave
05-27-2010, 09:54 PM
Some (random internet) pics of my beautiful homeland, Scotland (part of the UK)

Ah yes...the famous inaccessible pinnacle on Skye. Ive stood at its base, (you can see some people there, at the bottom right) but never climbed it. Some day.

Woodrow
05-27-2010, 10:17 PM
How did you get a Texas Longhorn?

Just joking I really do know the Texas Longhorn came from cattle that originated in Scotland. Quite an interesting breed. Can survive in conditions other cattle can not tolerate.

Danah
05-27-2010, 10:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mediadave
Some (random internet) pics of my beautiful homeland, Scotland (part of the UK)

wow!
I LOVE green. amazing pic, thanks for sharing

tw009
05-27-2010, 11:00 PM
I want to go to Morocco so badly!!

Woodrow
05-27-2010, 11:31 PM
I just realised I did not post any pictures of my Mother's homeland and more about the Lietuva Lipkas. Sadly i have never visited there, because the Country had fallen under Communism and was in the USSR. Now that it is open again for travel perhaps one day my grandchildren will get to go. Many of the Lipkas are returning and most are returning to Islam that they had lost 200 years ago. But here is Lithuania. I snagged the pictures from the web, but they are of places my mother told me about.

This is from a monument to the (Tatars) Lipkas. Very typical appearance for Lipkas. The Lipkas were invited to come to Lithuania to fight against the Christian invaders during the "Crusades of the North"

this is the Kultigin Mounument where it is believed the Lipkas first came into Lithuania

These are pictures in and near Vilnius the capital. Sadly war and communist domination has taken it's toll on what was once a beautiful city.

This is Traika Castle one of the few things in Lietuva (Lithuania) that was not destroyed by the crusaders, Germans or Russians.

These are pictures of a Medieval fort that was used as a Concentration camp during WW2 not only Jews died in the Holocaust many Lipkas did also. But to keep things in perspective also over 10,000 jews were executed here the executions were by firing squad and not the gas chambers. From a plaque there The largest execution took place on Nov. 29, 1941 "physically weak, sick, old people.

Forte jie sušaudyti didžiuliuose grioviuose. Forte, they are shot in large trenches.

Žudynės vyko visą dieną iki sutemos. The massacre took place throughout the day until dusk.

Pagal vokiečių ataskaitą, nužudyta 2007 vyrai, 2920 moterų ir 4273 vaikai. According to a report in German, killed 2,007 men, 2,920 women and 4,273 children."

CosmicPathos
05-27-2010, 11:50 PM
aadil, nice pics there. Post some pics from Murree, Naraan, Kagaan, nathia gali. As beautiful as Azad Kashmir. Pakistani cities are not bad. I generally find all cities (modern architecture) to be not so breathtaking. Be it Tokyo, NYC or Islamabad. Of course to varying degrees. Lahore is still nice, at least I get to see Moghul's historical sites, old Lahore and the traditional ways of living that have been buried by modernity.

Wazir Khan Mosque http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Wa...asjid_2007.jpg

Badshahi Mosque built by Mugals http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Ba...an_%281%29.jpg

Bdshahi at night http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Badshahicooco.jpeg

Shahi mosque in Multan http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Ki...ue_EidGah.jpeg

Mohen jo Daro, one of the early urban settlements of humans dating back to 2600 BC in Sindh, Indus Valley Civilization http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Mo...aro_Sindh.jpeg
splendor.

shuraimfan4lyf
05-27-2010, 11:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tw009
I want to go to Morocco so badly!!
My moroccan friend just told me today that he is going to Morocco in few weeks inshaAllah..I want to go there one day..inshaAllah.

aadil77
05-28-2010, 12:37 AM
^ yh I forgot about murree, roads to there are bloody dangerous

K2 mountain second highest peak in the world

CosmicPathos
05-28-2010, 12:44 AM
my colleague is going to climb K2 in summer. I think probably his expedition has already left.

shuraimfan4lyf
05-28-2010, 02:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by mad_scientist
my colleague is going to climb K2 in summer. I think probably his expedition has already left.
A 13-year old American kid became the youngest to climb Mt.Everest just few days ago.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-28-2010, 12:08 PM

Omg thats Pakistan? Them picz look awesome, where is Muree in Pakistan? Islamabad rigt?

Abu Zainab
05-28-2010, 03:29 PM

Khud ko kar buland itna ke K2 pe charrjaa
Ke Khuda bande se pooche "Bachchoo ab utregaa kaise"

Awsome pics by the way. Murree is amazing. Hope to go there someday.

CosmicPathos
05-28-2010, 03:33 PM
Murree is not in Islamabad. Mureee is in North of Islamabad. Islamabad is beautiful as well but the politicians live there so thre is some evil associated to it.

waji
05-28-2010, 04:32 PM
Shahjahan Masjid in Thatta was build by Shah Jahan

Some more pics and info about Masjid

☆ღUmm Uthmanღ☆
05-28-2010, 05:15 PM
:sl:

I’m quite sure that many of you must’ve never heard about my country Guyana. So excuse my long post, Insha’Allah. Guyana has an irresistible combination of fascinating and natural beauty; pristine Amazonian rain-forests, immense waterfalls, amazing wildlife, the most hospitable and friendly people in the world...etc, etc…

A regular city block

Kaieteur falls

The Kaieteur Falls which is the World's largest single-drop waterfalls (five-times the size of Niagara Falls). It is 226 meters (741 feet) when measured from its plunge over a sandstone cliff to the first break. It then flows over a series of steep cascades that, when included in the measurements, bring the total height to 251 meters (822 feet).

Journey to the north eastern Atlantic coast of Guyana is the Shell Beach! Its 90 miles stretch of relatively uninhabited coastline & is a nesting ground for four species of marine turtles.
Shell beach

One of its inhabitants [Leatherback turtle]

Sunset at Shell beach

The Gold mining river

Some wildlife
Jaguar

Giant Anteater

Toucan

Heron

The view from a lodge in the country side

YAY!! Dat waz long!!:skeleton:

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-28-2010, 05:24 PM
^lol MashaAllaah really sis . . .
Yes ive heard of it :D. . MashaALLAH didnt know it was nex to Brazil tho. . .kool:)

☆ღUmm Uthmanღ☆
05-28-2010, 05:31 PM
^Ure lucky then! :giggling:

waji
05-28-2010, 05:37 PM
Climbing Mt.Everest is not that hard comparing K2 having 2nd highest fatality rate of about 23.24% among the 'eight thousanders' where Mt.Everest rate is 5.70%

K2

Nanga Parbat is also well known as "Killer Mountain" having fatality rate of about 22.30%

Nanga Parbat

Read the Rescue story of Slovenian climber Tomaz Humar climbing Nanga Parbat

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-28-2010, 06:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by «ßιηт мσнαмє∂»
^Ure lucky then! :giggling:
How so? lol sis

nousername
05-28-2010, 08:58 PM
I'm really a "mixed breed" European-descanted American. My ancestors are from:

Germany
Attachment 4083

Scotland
Attachment 4084

Scandinavia (Norway and Sweden)
Attachment 4085

glo
05-29-2010, 02:57 AM

ardianto
05-29-2010, 04:16 AM
Hadhramawt, my family tribe is from this area.
Hadhramawt ?.

Mostly Indonesian Arabs were coming from Hadhramawt !.
Many of them are Habaib, also there are/were important or famous persons in Indonesia from Hadhramawt community !.

So, will you visit Indonesia ?. :D

ardianto
05-29-2010, 04:19 AM
Nice pictures, Glo. Thanks.

But what are yellow stuffs in picture #6 ?.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-29-2010, 08:21 AM
Wow there are Indonesian arabs!. . . . Are there Chinese arabs also? what about Pakistani Arabs? InshaAllaah just asking

glo
05-29-2010, 08:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Nice pictures, Glo. Thanks.

But what are yellow stuffs in picture #6 ?.
Beach huts. People sit in them to shelter from the wind and enjoy the scenery (and I suppose sunbathe - I have never really been one for sunbathing)

Abu Zainab
05-29-2010, 09:57 AM
Come on now glo....did you have to post the picture of that cake !!:p

One and a half hour more for my lunch break :phew

Abu Zainab
05-29-2010, 09:59 AM
errr one more question...don't birds fly south for the winter in your country? :hiding:

★ηαѕιнα★
05-29-2010, 11:02 AM
A 13-year old American kid became the youngest to climb Mt.Everest just few days ago.
I actually feel bad for them. Do you know how cold it is up there? Makes your skin turn black. Scary really...
These fellas bellow have a natural coat to keep them warm. We would get fried from cold.

glo
05-29-2010, 11:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Imraan
errr one more question...don't birds fly south for the winter in your country? :hiding:
I was surprised by the stork in the snow too.
Stork build fabulous nests for their chicks - often high on chimneys or roof tops. Perhaps this guy was caught out by a late snow storm in the spring (perhaps he lives near Woodrow's house! :D)

I will google the migration pattern of storks ...

Sorry about the cake picture! :D
The other foods Germany is famous for are sausages, beer and wine ... and none of those were suitable for this forum. So cake it is!

shuraimfan4lyf
05-29-2010, 11:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ★ηαѕιнα★
I actually feel bad for them. Do you know how cold it is up there? Makes your skin turn black. Scary really...
These fellas bellow have a natural coat to keep them warm. We would get fried from cold.

Lol is it? I never knew that low temps can make your skin turn black..You are from Scandinavia, you probably have experienced frigid temperatures. Cause good 'Ole Tejas got no Weather season.

Snowflake
05-29-2010, 11:56 AM

That's Somalia? :ooh: MashaAllah!!

OMG sorry guys... I thought it was just a dusty place with a few bushes here and there lol :embarrass

Then again where you would have gotten the internet from *yikes* :hiding:

Woodrow
05-29-2010, 12:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
I was surprised by the stork in the snow too.
Stork build fabulous nests for their chicks - often high on chimneys or roof tops. Perhaps this guy was caught out by a late snow storm in the spring (perhaps he lives near Woodrow's house! :D)

I will google the migration pattern of storks ...

Sorry about the cake picture! :D
The other foods Germany is famous for are sausages, beer and wine ... and none of those were suitable for this forum. So cake it is!
Your storks go to North Africa for migration. I remember the annual migrations coming into Morocco. Very impressive. But I can not remember the months they would come. But, in North Africa they become road runners, all over the place on the ground. Absolutely not afraid of anybody, Kind of silly creatures when they are walking. I still remember one night I went out walking and tripped over a sleeping one. They can really squawk, a beautiful sight was watching them rise up in the mornings. They circle and rise to very impressive heights becoming just tiny specks in the sky.

shuraimfan4lyf
05-29-2010, 12:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scents of Jannah

OMG sorry guys... I thought it was just a dusty place with a few bushes here and there lol :embarrass

Lol yes, there are many countries which many people basically judge on what they see on TV. Its rare to see media praising a poor country's beautiful side. Many people posted some beautiful pictures of their countries here. Wa Salamu alaykum

☆ღUmm Uthmanღ☆
05-29-2010, 12:46 PM
^Dats true!! I was surprised when i saw pics. from few countries, Subhan'Allah they were all sooooo captivating!!

But concluding, i'll leave even my homeland for the place in the pic. below!!
:playing:

format_quote Originally Posted by glo

Woodrow
05-29-2010, 12:59 PM
Lol yes, there are many countries which many people basically judge on what they see on TV. Its rare to see media praising a poor country's beautiful side. Many people posted some beautiful pictures of their countries here. Wa Salamu alaykum
The same seems to hold true for all countries. Nearly all of the media portrayal of the USA is large cities almost always the same ones. New York NY, Washington DC, Dallas TX, San Francisco CA, yet the USA is actually one of the least densely populated countries and a very large amount (Most of it) is farm and ranch land.

Scenes like this:

are more typical of the USA than are scenes like this:

Very many people in the USA have never been in a large city

Snowflake
05-29-2010, 01:34 PM
I know. It's good to know I was wrong though. Somalia is beautiful mashaAllah. Would love to visit one day inshaAllah :)

Cabdullahi
05-29-2010, 06:39 PM

Yeah it is a dusty place with bushes thats what war does to countries but before that it was one of the most beautiful places in the world!

but now its all about the guns

and piracy

Nájlá
05-29-2010, 07:43 PM
Wow Mashallah there's some nice pics people posted here. It makes me want to travel the world. I've already got a long list of places that I'd like to visit such as:

Tunisia, Morocco, Turkey, Egypt, Sir lanker, Italy, Japan, Malaysia, Jordon, Syria, emirate, Bahrain. My tops for now :p

You'll know this place easily when you look at the last pic. Well i hope so.

Woodrow
05-29-2010, 07:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nájlá
Wow Mashallah there's some nice pics people posted here. It makes me want to travel the world. I've already got a long list of places that I'd like to visit such as:

Tunisia, Morocco, Turkey, Egypt, Sir lanker, Italy, Japan, Malaysia, Jordon, Syria, emirate, Bahrain. My tops for now :p

Actually confused me. the last picture looks like Dar ul Hajar in Yemen. But the Bottle trees I thought only grew on a few Islands in the Indian Ocean.

marwen
05-29-2010, 07:59 PM

Thats Yamen ! it's really a wonderful land :) : the high buildings in the last pic helped me recognize Yamen. It's just amazing how yameni people constructed these houses in such high places, they are very beautiful.
I love Yameni people too. They are generous and modest people, and they are also very pious. I want to visit Yamen in Ramadhan one day. Yamen is really beautiful in the holy month of Ramadhan :cresentbl:wub:

Nájlá
05-29-2010, 08:04 PM
Akhi Marwen, 3aslaama lol I've always wanted to say this to someone whose from Tunis... Yeh ur right that is yemen, That last buliding has a very interesting history behind it. And lol you wouldn't want to go to yemen since whats going on with the southern's and the northern's ppl. But everything calms down during Ramdan, Ramadan in yemen is the best.

format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow

Actually confused me. the last picture looks like Dar ul Hajar in Yemen. But the Bottle trees I thought only grew on a few Islands in the Indian Ocean.
It is Dar al Hajar... No they grow in yemen too. In socatra island, its a very beautiful place.

cat eyes
05-29-2010, 08:09 PM
but is that really somalia cos on t.v it looks like a **** hole.. i heard its to dangerous to travel there too

Cabdullahi
05-29-2010, 08:21 PM
but is that really somalia cos on t.v it looks like a **** hole.. i heard its to dangerous to travel there too
i never said anything bad about ireland....but no problem

marwen
05-29-2010, 09:14 PM
Akhi Marwen, 3aslaama lol I've always wanted to say this to someone whose from Tunis...
3aslaama ! 'chnhya a7walek ? :D
I'm happy to hear someone who knows tunisian accent ! that make me smile too ;D

And lol you wouldn't want to go to yemen since whats going on with the southern's and the northern's ppl.
Well, yes that make me sad to see our muslim brothers in Yamen living in danger and being killed, that really hurts every muslim. I ask Allah to make things calm and secure in Yamen ya rab.

marwen
05-29-2010, 09:20 PM
i never said anything bad about ireland....but no problem
haha you're really a cool guy ( these tow posts just made me laugh;D, ehem Sorry !). I think our sister cat is not intending to be offensive, she just mentioned that the media are distorting the beautiful image of Somalia. but mashallah you handled it well, may Allah guide me and everyone here . Aameen !

shuraimfan4lyf
05-29-2010, 09:21 PM

Well, yes that make me sad to see our muslim brothers in Yamen living in danger and being killed, that really hurts every muslim. I ask Allah to make things calm and secure in Yamen ya rab.
Ameen Thumma Ameen..I want some 3sal from Yaman and especially Hadhrami Mandi :hmm: anyone care to FedEx me some?

cat eyes
05-29-2010, 09:30 PM
:omg: i didnt know u were a somali.. no i didnt mean it in that way.. just bad choice of words i used.. just to describe what i had seen on t.v because that was the first word that came in to my mind. apologies

btw you can't say anything bad about Ireland because there is nothing bad to say and our bad area's are not highlighted on the t.v as much as pakistan and other countries and so on..

every country do have there flaws not just somalia

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-29-2010, 09:32 PM
^True say. . .

Cabdullahi
05-29-2010, 09:35 PM
:omg: i didnt know u were a somali.. no i didnt mean it in that way.. just bad choice of words i used.. just to describe what i had seen on t.v because that was the first word that came in to my mind. apologies

btw you can't say anything bad about Ireland because there is nothing bad to say and our bad area's are not highlighted on the t.v as much as pakistan and other countries and so on..

every country do have there flaws not just somalia
No problem May Allah grant you jannatul firdous Ameen!

Mohamed_Sadiq
05-29-2010, 09:49 PM
Somalia was one of the richest and strongest country of whole of africa, many countries were behind them, but these western kuffars couldn't see this happening seeing a strong 100% muslim country to become one of the strongest country of africa but also the world. Which made them interefere in somalia which caused the civil war, but alhamdulilah somalia is doing ok now. check somalia history if u think iam lying.
warning: disturbing images

shuraimfan4lyf
05-29-2010, 09:53 PM
:salamext:

Just a reminder....:)

Allah does not like that the evil should be uttered in public except by him who has been wronged. And Allah is Ever All-Hearer, All-Knower. Surat An-Nisa 4:148

O you who believe! Avoid much suspicions, indeed some suspicions are sins. And spy not, neither backbite one another. Would one of you like to eat the flesh of his dead brother? You would hate it (so hate backbiting). And fear Allah. Verily, Allah is the One Who accepts repentance, Most Merciful. Surat Al-Hujuraat 49:12

waji
05-30-2010, 11:48 AM
Somalia and Sudan crisis has nothing to do with the Muslim population its their resources kuffars (cooperate world) is after.

shuraimfan4lyf
05-30-2010, 05:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by waji
Somalia and Sudan crisis has nothing to do with the Muslim population its their resources kuffars (cooperate world) is after.
Yeah that is true. You see there are many civil wars in Africa, and the weapons they have been provided with is from USA..I have heard of that, if anyone can confirm it, it would be great. :w:

Nájlá
05-30-2010, 09:52 PM
3aslaama ! 'chnhya a7walek ? :D
I'm happy to hear someone who knows tunisian accent ! that make me smile too ;D
Tamaam Alhamdulillah, Lol I only know a few words, But I understand a lot of Tunisian accent, well I think i do. :)

Aameen!

:salamext:

Just a reminder....:)

Allah does not like that the evil should be uttered in public except by him who has been wronged. And Allah is Ever All-Hearer, All-Knower. Surat An-Nisa 4:148

O you who believe! Avoid much suspicions, indeed some suspicions are sins. And spy not, neither backbite one another. Would one of you like to eat the flesh of his dead brother? You would hate it (so hate backbiting). And fear Allah. Verily, Allah is the One Who accepts repentance, Most Merciful. Surat Al-Hujuraat 49:12
Jazakalla khayr for the reminder.

IslamicRevival
05-30-2010, 09:55 PM

lol

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-30-2010, 09:58 PM
^Which country is that at?

IslamicRevival
05-30-2010, 10:01 PM
^Which country is that at?
Pakistan. The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 12 characters.

Snowflake
05-30-2010, 10:19 PM
Yeah it is a dusty place with bushes thats what war does to countries but before that it was one of the most beautiful places in the world!
Ah sorry bro! Akhir this is the dunya. There will never be peace. But it's still beautiful. Those rooftops! What a view mashaAllah. And that pool? :ooh: MASHA ALLAH!

I won't ever under estimate a country again. It was just ignorance on my part like once someone on the internet told me they were an Eskimo. And I swear I thought they lived in an igloo! I didn't believe her because I thought how can you have a computer in an igloo. So she must be lying. I later found out Eskimos live in houses ;D

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-30-2010, 10:23 PM
^LOL and i thought i was the so called "Gullible" One, now whos he Gullible one aye? :)

Snowflake
05-30-2010, 10:25 PM
lol *is guilty as charged*

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-30-2010, 10:27 PM
No no its "As You Claim" You geek , am not an officer so cant arrest you :-\ Sorrayyye :-\

Snowflake
05-30-2010, 10:52 PM
Ok.. as you claim you geek /(-Q _ Q-)\ <~ :giggling:

And what's up with these smilies? They look like Pringles :smile::confused::rolleyes:

For my geeky sheeky lil sis.. :statisfie Pakistan - Islamabad & Karachi :D

Hope you like :statisfie

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-30-2010, 11:01 PM
OMG thats Pakistan? :-\. . .
I been to Faisal Masjid, tis awesome dude!:)
Btw wheres pic 5 and 6 located? And what are they called? aye
Yes the smileys do look like you, thanks for reminding meh! :):p

waji
05-31-2010, 07:31 AM
OMG thats Pakistan? :-\. . .
I been to Faisal Masjid, tis awesome dude!:)
Btw wheres pic 5 and 6 located? And what are they called? aye
Yes the smileys do look like you, thanks for reminding meh! :):p
5th picture is of Pakistan Monument in Islamabad

6the picture is of The Centaurus tower in Islamabad and it is under construction

shuraimfan4lyf
05-31-2010, 08:09 AM
:salamext: Few more pics of Hadhramut that I found on the web.

subhanAllah, what a great work by the construction workers. I am sure its really old.

And the earth We spread out, and placed therein firm mountains, and caused to grow therein all kinds of things in due proportion. Surat Al-Hijr 15:19

And We have placed on the earth firm mountains, lest it should shake with them, and We placed therein broad highways for them to pass through, that they may be guided. Surat Al-Anbiya 21:31

And at the mountains, how they are rooted and fixed firm? Surat Al-Ghashiyah 88:19

Allah has created every moving (living) creature from water. Of them there are some that creep on their bellies, some that walk on two legs, and some that walk on four. Allah creates what He wills. Verily! Allah is Able to do all things. Surat An-Noor 24:45

Snowflake
05-31-2010, 08:31 AM
SubhanAllah! Awesome pics sis Shuraim. The houses in the valley. WOW! Awesome place mashaAllah. Is that where you're from originally? How does it feel living there? Do you have electricity and stuff?

Glad you like pics sis muslim12 :)

shuraimfan4lyf
05-31-2010, 08:42 AM
SubhanAllah! Awesome pics sis Shuraim. The houses in the valley. WOW! Awesome place mashaAllah. Is that where you're from originally? How does it feel living there? Do you have electricity and stuff?

:offended:

My great grandpa was from Yemen. I have never been to Hadhramut, Yemenimsad. So I cannot tell you anything from my experience. But Yemen is one of the poorest countries in the world. I am sure they have all that stuff, most likely you wont find internet in tribal areas.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-31-2010, 08:54 AM
^LOL wonderful sister Shuraim :-\ . . .
MashaAllaah the picture of the animal is really beautiful i would love to see one of those, where else can you find them and what are they actually called? InshaAllaah

Snowflake
05-31-2010, 09:12 AM
:offended:

My great grandpa was from Yemen. I have never been to Hadhramut, Yemen. So I cannot tell you anything from my experience. But Yemen is one of the poorest countries in the world. I am sure they have all that stuff, most likely you wont find internet in tribal areas.
Lol it's only a nick sis. But as you wish :D

^LOL wonderful sister Shuraim :-\ . . .
MashaAllaah the picture of the animal is really beautiful i would love to see one of those, where else can you find them and what are they actually called? InshaAllaah
you too :p

M e s s a g e t o o s h o r t

shuraimfan4lyf
05-31-2010, 09:43 AM
ahem ahem..Its brother. <_<

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-31-2010, 10:00 AM
^Indeed u are, where is the Animal the one you posted in previous posts, where else can i find that? i wish they were in England, but england is too Nerdy for beautiful animals as such.
Btw where is Hadhramut? neever heard of that city/town, is it Africa? InshaAllaah correct me if im wrong which i never am :), messing

shuraimfan4lyf
05-31-2010, 10:04 AM
^Indeed u are, where is the Animal the one you posted in previous posts, where else can i find that? i wish they were in England, but england is too Nerdy for beautiful animals as such.
Btw where is Hadhramut? neever heard of that city/town, is it Africa? InshaAllaah correct me if im wrong which i never am :), messing
I agree with your confession.

That animal is from Hadhramut, which is Yemen. I am not sure about the name. Yemen is south of Saudi Arabia.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-31-2010, 10:12 AM
lol Jazakallahu Khayr. . Its in Saudia Arabia MashaAllaah, or south of Saudia Arabia indeed MashaAllah

shuraimfan4lyf
05-31-2010, 10:16 AM
noo Yemen is a separate country, it is not in Saudi Arabia..:exhausted

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-31-2010, 10:21 AM
Oh Okay, sorry it takes time to consume things for me Indeed. . . Its not IN Saudia Arabia, but south OF Saudia Arabia right, i get it now.
I thought it was in Saudia Arabia, Oman is the Capital of Yemen right, so yeah

Nájlá
05-31-2010, 10:28 AM

Allow me to answer those Q'ns =P

Theres no water, No Gas and just recently 2 to 3 years ago the Goverment provided electricity to every city, village and house...

Life there is so smiple, there really isn't much diffculities to be honest.... I used to enjoy taking the sheeps for some walk, and carry water over our heads to our homes. Carry water doesn't happen anymore though. In some Cities water comes right to ur home like sanaa. People didn't and some still don't have modern things we have now. But things are moving to the best like in my village now every house has a TV, Phones and some have computers/laptops.

Nájlá
05-31-2010, 10:30 AM
Oh Okay, sorry it takes time to consume things for me Indeed. . . Its not IN Saudia Arabia, but south OF Saudia Arabia right, i get it now.
I thought it was in Saudia Arabia, Oman is the Capital of Yemen right, so yeah
Oman and yemen are two different countries. The captial of yemen is Sanaa and its just by Saudia Arabia. You can just take a car drive to suadia arabia but that'll take up to 3days.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-31-2010, 10:35 AM
^Aaah Jazakallahu Khayr, as you can see my Geography is totally awful :(. . .

shuraimfan4lyf
05-31-2010, 10:58 AM
^Aaah Jazakallahu Khayr, as you can see my Geography is totally awful :(. . .
Maps of the World. Study them thoroughly! Capital of Oman is Muscat. Riyadh is Capital of Saudi Arabia. London is Capital of England.

S<Chowdhury
05-31-2010, 12:13 PM

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!