/* */

PDA

View Full Version : chronic fatigue syndrome

Argamemnon
05-21-2010, 01:30 AM
I think I have chronic fatigue syndrome, I'm pretty certain..even if I sleep for 12 hours I wake up feeling exhausted. Sometimes I feel ok, but it doesn't last and even the simplest daily activities are sometimes impossible (talking, reading etc.). Going outside, talking to people nothing seems to work. This is really horrible, the fatigue and depression are indescribable to anyone not constantly subjected to it. Is there anything I can do to relieve the symptoms.. how do most people overcome this? Please help :wa:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Argamemnon
05-21-2010, 01:38 AM
exercise seems to worsen the symptoms. at this point doing nothing or very little seems to be the best remedy, but i'm not sure and don't want to make mistakes..

Dagless
05-21-2010, 01:52 AM
Have you seen a doctor? It maybe a symptom of another illness.
Have you tried coffee? Lots of fruit?

abuahmad
05-21-2010, 01:57 AM
I think you better check what you are eating and drinking like avoiding Monosodium glutamate, too much sugar, too much watching television, drinking alcoholic beverages. Also pary five times a day as the Prophet Mohammad S.A.W. did. And eat honey bees instead of sugar, or take ascorbic acid daily(Vitamin C) and multivitamins and minerals. May be your nerves and your body and brain nerves need healthy nutritious foods that are rich in Vitamin c, and multivitamins and minerals. Consult a physician which multi-vitamins and minerals tablet is good for you.Lack of B-complex in our intaske of daily food will cause our nerves including our brain nerves to become fatigue and tired. When your celphone battery is drained off its energy, you need to recharge it, right? So do our body and brains need to be recharged by healthy nutritious foods. May Allah guide you and remove your depression and bless you, and make you enter his heaven. ameen.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Argamemnon
05-21-2010, 02:02 AM
i eat very healthy.. also, i haven't used internet for about ten days because I thought that might be one of the causes. i'm determined to cut down on internet use permanently.

Argamemnon
05-21-2010, 02:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dagless
Have you seen a doctor?
i'm seeing one soon.. but i know how i feel and i'm not exaggerating. most doctors here are worthless.

جوري
05-21-2010, 02:24 AM
:sl: akhi

CFS is a diagnosis of exclusion, you must have a proper workup first!.. (I can't emphasize this enough) anything from hypothyroidism to depression and even sleep apnea can cause these symptoms you describe.. if you live by yourself then you also need ( a sleep study done) along with a basic workup.. CSF is believed to be caused by a virus and has many flu like symptoms that persist for months along with the tiredness. No one should diagnose themselves not even doctors!

:w:

Argamemnon
05-21-2010, 02:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by τhε ṿαlε'ṡ lïlÿ

CFS is a diagnosis of exclusion, you must have a proper workup first!.. (I can't emphasize this enough) anything from hypothyroidism to depression and even sleep apnea can cause these symptoms you describe.. if you live by yourself then you also need ( a sleep study done) along with a basic workup.. CSF is believed to be caused by a virus and has many flu like symptoms that persist for months along with the tiredness. No one should diagnose themselves not even doctors!

salam sister, i hope you're doing well. yes you are right but most doctors here don't care about patients unless they are about to die and when it's too late. :w:

جوري
05-21-2010, 02:48 AM

I have taken the liberty to leave you a detailed message by PM.
Now for the purposes of this thread, I'd recommend you ask your doctor for this basic workup..
I'd do this on you if you were a first time pt. with these sx. and I think that is routine wherever you go?

BMP
CBC with differential
TSH
LFT's
lipid profile
fasting glucose
TSH
Sed rate
urinalysis
and a baseline ECG

please ask for these specific tests, just print this out and take it to your GP and ask him if you can have this workup..

Argamemnon
05-21-2010, 11:16 AM
:sl:

thank you very much sister, i assume my GP knows what those are since they are english terms and acronyms..

جوري
05-21-2010, 04:01 PM
yes let me write them out fully for you, maybe the acronyms differ from country to country

the first one is a basic metabolic profile
the second one is a complete blood count with differential
the third is thyroid stimulating hormone
LFT is liver function tests
lipid profile and fasting glucose are obvious to check or cholesterol and diabetes
sedimentation rate is non-specific but if high could be an indication to some inflammatory process going on in the body and would warrant more aggressive investigation in my humble opinion it is a neat little test, if positive the possibilities are endless if negative then the endless possibilities are eliminated and that is a blessing!
urinalysis is obvious and a baseline ECG to check for any cardiac abnormalities it is cheap and effective..

When these come back normal insha'Allah.. then you can check into the things that I have written you by PM and be on your way to recovery insha'Allah

p.s : all that is really required from you is a basic physical exam, a blood test, and some urine.. however I think you also need a depression screening but I won't push it because we should rule out an organic cause first..

Argamemnon
05-21-2010, 09:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by τhε ṿαlε'ṡ lïlÿ
yes let me write them out fully for you, maybe the acronyms differ from country to country

lipid profile and fasting glucose are obvious to check or cholesterol and diabetes
sedimentation rate is non-specific but if high could be an indication to some inflammatory process going on in the body and would warrant more aggressive investigation in my humble opinion it is a neat little test, if positive the possibilities are endless if negative then the endless possibilities are eliminated and that is a blessing!
urinalysis is obvious and a baseline ECG to check for any cardiac abnormalities it is cheap and effective..

When these come back normal insha'Allah.. then you can check into the things that I have written you by PM and be on your way to recovery insha'Allah

p.s : all that is really required from you is a basic physical exam, a blood test, and some urine.. however I think you also need a depression screening but I won't push it because we should rule out an organic cause first..
thanks so much for your help, i will save all this...

جوري
05-22-2010, 06:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Argamemnon
thanks so much for your help, i will save all this...

my pleasure.. may Allah swt grant you shifa'a .. the road to recovery is like the road to any success.. it requires patience, handwork and desire to achieve.. you are certainly not battling this alone..

AhmadBUSARI
02-06-2024, 01:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by جوري

Assalaam 'alaykum. May Allah continue to increase you in knowledge and wisdom.

My wife seems to have symptoms similar to chronic fatigue syndrome. We've been to see different doctors and used different drugs and methods but none seem to help. She's not able to pray or do the littlest of things as she's always fatigued with constant anxiety. I'm afraid for her religion and don't know how to help her. I don't know what to do, I'm getting tired and sad. Please help me. Jazakumullahu khayran

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!