/* */

PDA

View Full Version : help me write an article

Ummu Sufyaan
05-21-2010, 10:59 AM
Assalamu alaykum
i want to write an article to strengthen the state/Iman of the Muslims who are under pressure in non-Muslims countries and are facing the threats of bans.
in this particular article, i want to address the possibility of a hijab/niqaab ban and wanted some feedback.

i intend on addressing the following issues. feel free to put your input in and suggest what i should add/take away as well

1. the legal status of the hijab and niqaab in Islam and what it means for ones iman if they reject this status.

2. now people will probably come up with the ruling (which btw what is the evidence for this) that if you are in a non-Muslim country than you have to go by their rules. so then i would address...

3....that there is no obedience in disobeying Allah and this will go back to my first point about its legal status.

i may also address the practical steps we could take to reverse these banning?

your thoughts???

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
piXie
05-21-2010, 01:23 PM
:wasalamex May Allaah reward you with much good for your efforts sis

format_quote Originally Posted by Ummu Sufyaan
i may also address the practical steps we could take to reverse these banning?
Ofcourse, I think that is very important to address. Perhaps the most important.

Woodrow
05-21-2010, 01:36 PM
You may want to mention that for those who live in Non-Muslim countries, in which there is no ban of the hijab or niqab, to stay vigilante of laws that restrict any religious practice, even ones that do not seem to apply to Muslims. Here there has been a recent case of a child being forbidden to wear the Traditional Lakotah clothing to school. To allow that to be enforced would allow a hijab/niqab ban.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!