/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How does a Duff(tambourine) look like?

Samiun
05-22-2010, 01:22 PM
:sl: Brothers and Sisters, how does a duff, the only musical instrument allowed to be played in Islam?

Does it look and sound like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mp36...eature=related

http://www.portalniaga.com/openbatch...ts/kompang.jpg

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
05-22-2010, 01:37 PM
In the first video the hand drum used by the man on the right is virtually identical to a duff. The duff differs from a tambourine as a tambourine has little cymbals around it's rim.

Tambourine:

A tambourine can be headless:

A Duff (Also called tar or daf by some people) is very plain:

Samiun
05-22-2010, 01:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
In the first video the hand drum used by the man on the right is virtually identical to a duff. The duff differs from a tambourine as a tambourine has little cymbals around it's rim.
:sl: So what do you think brother? Is it permissible? Those 'kompangs' that you saw in the video are usually used for a Malay marriage in Malaysia

Woodrow
05-22-2010, 01:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nabiel
:sl: So what do you think brother? Is it permissible? Those 'kompangs' that you saw in the video are usually used for a Malay marriage in Malaysia
Here you will get only my opinion. From what I can see (sorry I am too deaf to hear the sound) it is identical to a duff. If a duff is halal so is the kampang in my simple opinion. Astagfirullah

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ardianto
05-22-2010, 01:51 PM
Kompang ?.

In Indonesia, its name is Rebana.

Woodrow
05-22-2010, 01:56 PM
The Kompang does look like a duff:

If it looks like a duff, sounds like a duff and is used like a duff I assume it is a duff.

ardianto
05-22-2010, 02:19 PM
Kompang is Malaysian style duff.

Yes, that is duff.

Samiun
05-22-2010, 02:22 PM
Here you will get only my opinion. From what I can see (sorry I am too deaf to hear the sound) it is identical to a duff. If a duff is halal so is the kampang in my simple opinion. Astagfirullah
:sl: Thanks for your opinion brother, I'm not so sure whether I should follow like the others do. Like saying, "May Allah make it easy for you" in the internet? Is this even permissible?(Sorry for going out of topic)

Kompang ?.
In Indonesia, its name is Rebana.
Are they used in marriage too?

ardianto
05-22-2010, 02:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nabiel
Are they used in marriage too?
Melayu people in Indonesia use kompang/rebana in wedding.

MhdAzizbnib
06-13-2012, 08:31 PM
Yes, kompang, rebana, and duff/deff/dufduf are all basically the same instrument.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!