/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hi

crisismind
05-22-2010, 02:29 PM
i don't know if i am a muslim anymore. I still wear the head covering but I don't know the reason to it anymore. I can't remove it because it's a routine and I don't want to make an obvious change. I'm avoiding questions because I don't have answers myself. I have seen people having different religion but very kind, helpful, truly accepting multiculturalism and honest compared to those who say are muslims both man and women. I want to find reasons to why muslims are the way they are (closeminded and dishonest) but still say Islam is a wiseman's religion? I want hear from people who can tell me their experience(s) going through similar crisis in their lives. I'm also hoping to find something ...direction, books, people, contacts that will guide me through this crisis or shade light to different perspective

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ramadhan
05-22-2010, 03:00 PM
My advice to you is going to the basic:
Read The Qur'an, read the sirah of prophet SAW

I am not going to comment about your experience with other muslims because I dont know your situation.
But I am rather perplexed that you attribute "closeminded and dishonesty" to all muslims?
How old are you again?

aadil77
05-22-2010, 07:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by crisismind
i don't know if i am a muslim anymore. I still wear the head covering but I don't know the reason to it anymore. I can't remove it because it's a routine and I don't want to make an obvious change. I'm avoiding questions because I don't have answers myself. I have seen people having different religion but very kind, helpful, truly accepting multiculturalism and honest compared to those who say are muslims both man and women. I want to find reasons to why muslims are the way they are (closeminded and dishonest) but still say Islam is a wiseman's religion? I want hear from people who can tell me their experience(s) going through similar crisis in their lives. I'm also hoping to find something ...direction, books, people, contacts that will guide me through this crisis or shade light to different perspective
hmm clearly you know nothing about islam, but its good you've come here to learn

I don't know where you are in the world but the muslims I know are not dishonest or close minded, but do not judge islam from other muslims, judge islam from the example of our prophet Muhammad and the revelations he was given - The Quran

Is islam a crisis to you? people who become are/become muslim say its the best thing in their lives.

revert2007
05-26-2010, 11:52 AM
I am not sure if you are a born Muslim or a revert but either way it doesn't make any difference.

First of all,do not judge Islam by its people.Sorry to say that you only see the dark side of Muslims.In all raceses or religions,there are blacksheeps but I can bet you no one are truly civilised except true Muslims(I am not talking about Muslims by name but real practising Muslims)

When I was a non Muslim,it wasn't that great as people might think.Yeah I love charity,helping people,respect other religion yet do you think all these good qualities is good enough to safe me from burning in hell.

Allah The Exalted is fair enough.If you are non Muslim and at the same time you are a good human,He grants your wishes as He is The Provider and Sustainer.But He will never give you anything in hereafter except hell fire.It is the other way around for Muslims.The more closer you get to Allah,the more tests you will go through as Allah test those He loves.With all the difficulties we go through in this world,we always feel great in going through His test as we know He promised Jannah to true believers.

You do not need to bother why Muslims are behaving in the manner that you do not like.Just think about your ownself as you cannot change the world but you can change yourself in sha Allah.I myself wasn't so happy with what I see yet I just need to tell myself this"If I wanna enter paradise,I need to be blind to bad things which can stop me from entering paradise"

And yes alhamdulilah Allah made me blind to bad things but He didn't make me blind to His words and evidence of His presence.

So now you are blind to His words and very well aware of bad Muslims.This is what syaitan wants you to see and think.Do not give in to him.

We can never stop critising as the human nature,we think we are the best but we forget that we are just nothing and Allah is the perfectionist.

It is never too late to repent and get back the right path.Ask yourself,on the day of judgement who is going to decide you hell or paradise?it is Allah and not the Muslims.so why worry about other people when we should worry about ourselves?

If a Muslim commit sin yet he believes in Allah till his last breath,he will make it to Jannah with Allah's Mercy.If a non Muslim is extremely good yet he doesn't believe in Allah,then his destiny will be decided on the day of judgement and most likely hell is the place and Allah knows the best.

Our good deeds do not take us to Jannah.Allah's mercy is the one which will take us to Jannah.So why do we judge others?No one can judge others except Allah alone.

I know how you feel yet it is not wise enough to give up Islam for some people who are not being true Muslims.

Why you need to do is,make yourself a great Muslim and call these people to the right path.Yeah both Muslims and non Muslims need dawah.

Think about it :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Gabriel Ibn Yus
05-26-2010, 12:09 PM
Hello my friend.

Islam is not about your head cover - it is about what you have in your heart.

It is about your belief in Allah. Do not look at other people or at other religions. It would just take
you away from your right path. Whenever you find good people - learn from them - no matter from
where they are. If you see a person which is not a Muslim and you think to yourself - wow he is kind
and has an open minded view on his belief - integrate it into your belief - evolve - there is no place
that says you cannot do that. Find a way of belief in Allah which is good for you! But don't ever loose
your belief - it is the most precious thing a man has.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!