/* */

PDA

View Full Version : 2 Prophets on earth and 2 in the heavens

Samiun
05-23-2010, 03:23 AM
:sl: Brothers & Sisters, it seems that I found a mistake in a book called, "A guide to prayer for men and women"(Malay) by Abu Nur Husnina produced by Pustaka Ilmi. It stated that there are 4 prophets who are alive, 2 on earth and 2 in the heavens(Kitab Addarul Samin). When I found this content I got a little bit confused since a sheikh said it isn't true.

Sheikh telling it's not true

Could anyone give me an advice at this point? Should I continue to read this book that has misconception or throw it away into the rubbish bin?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ramadhan
05-23-2010, 04:56 AM
Well prophet Isa (as) is certainly is still alive in heaven.
There is also some speculation that prophet Idris (as) is still alive in heaven based on these verses:
QS. 19:56-57
AND CALL to mind, through this divine writ, Idris. Behold, he was a man of truth, a prophet, whom We exalted onto a lofty station.

The two other prophets who are speculated to be alive on earth are supposedly prophet Khidr (as) and Ilyas (as)?

wallahu alam

shuraimfan4lyf
05-23-2010, 05:01 AM
:salamext:
Whoa..Naidamar, can you please provide authentic proof for that? Jazak'Allah khair. Its best to leave a subject or look for a authentic source if we have doubt about something we do not have knowledge of.

shuraimfan4lyf
05-23-2010, 05:23 AM

Praise be to Allaah.

Al-Shanqeeti said:

The stories of al-Khidr told by the righteous are innumerable. They claim that he and Ilyaas perform Hajj each year and they narrated du’aa’s from them, and these stories are well known and widespread, but the basis of what they say is very weak, because most of them are stories narrated from some of those whom they think are righteous, or dreams and ahaadeeth that are attributed to Anas or others, but all of them are da’eef (weak) and cannot be used to prove anything.

What seems to me to be more likely, based on the evidence concerning this matter, is that al-Khidr is not alive, rather he died. This is for a number of reasons:

1 – The apparent meaning of the aayah (interpretation of the meaning)

“And We granted not to any human being immortality before you (O Muhammad); then if you die, would they live forever?”

[al-Anbiya’ 21:34]

2 – The Prophet SAWS (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “O Allaah, if you allow this group of Muslims to be destroyed, You will not be worshipped on earth.” (Narrated by Muslim)

3 – The Prophet SAWS (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said that one hundred years after the night on which he was speaking, none of the people who were on the face of the earth then would still be alive. If al-Khidr had been alive at that point he would not have remained after the hundred years mentioned. Muslim ibn al-Hajjaaj said that ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Umar said: “The Messenger of Allaah SAWS (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) led us in praying ‘Isha’ one night towards the end of his life, then he stood up and said: ‘Do you see this night of yours? One hundred years from now not one of those who are on the face of the earth now will remain.” Ibn ‘Umar said: “The people did not understand these words of the Messenger of Allaah SAWS (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), and they said that this meant that the Day of Resurrection would come after one hundred years. The Prophet SAWS (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, ‘not one of those who are on the face of the earth now will remain’ meaning that that generation would pass away.”

4 – If al-Khidr had lived until the time of the Prophet SAWS (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), he would have followed him, supported him and fought alongside him, because he was sent to the two races of jinn and mankind.

Adwaa’ al-Bayaan, 4/178-183

--------------------------------------------------------------------
But ‘Eesa ascended into heaven body and soul, and the same is said of Idrees.

But with regard to Ibraaheem, Moosa and others, they are buried on earth.

The Messiah (may the blessings and peace of Allaah be upon him and all the other Prophets) will inevitably descend to earth, to the white minaret in the east of Damascus; he will kill the Dajjaal (“Antichrist”), break the cross and kill the pigs, as is proven in the saheeh ahaadeeth. Hence he is in the second heaven even though he is superior to Yoosuf, Idrees and Haroon, because he will descend to the earth before the Day of Resurrection, unlike the other Prophets. And Adam is in the lowest heaven because the souls of his descendents who are blessed (i.e., destined for Paradise) will be shown to him. As for the souls of the doomed (i.e., those who are destined for Hell) the gates of heaven will not be opened for them and they will not enter Paradise until the camel passes through the eye of the needle. So if they will be shown to him, he has to be near them. There is no contradiction in the fact that they (may be blessings and peace of Allaah be upon them) prayed behind the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) then he met some of them after he was taken up into the heavens, because the souls are like the angels, they may ascend and descend in an instant; they are not like bodies.

Adapted from Majmoo’ al-Fataawa by Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah (may Allaah have mercy on him), 4/328-329.
Islam Q&A

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ramadhan
05-23-2010, 06:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by shuraimfan4lyf
Whoa..Naidamar, can you please provide authentic proof for that? Jazak'Allah khair. Its best to leave a subject or look for a authentic source if we have doubt about something we do not have knowledge of.
Please don't be misunderstood. If you read again my post carefully, you would know that I did not confirm there are 4 four prophets who are still alive.
I stated that only prophet Isa (as) who is confirmed by the Qur'an and the Hadiths to be still alive.

But the op mentioned that the book he read stated there are four prophets alive without mentioning the names, and so I was only stating that there are speculations that prophet Idris, Khidr and Ilyas are still alive (and with question mark), not that I agree with the book.
Speculation that Prophet idris alive is based on the Quran verses that I wrote in the post.

Samiun
05-23-2010, 07:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by naidamar
Please don't be misunderstood. If you read again my post carefully, you would know that I did not confirm there are 4 four prophets who are still alive.
I stated that only prophet Isa (as) who is confirmed by the Qur'an and the Hadiths to be still alive.

But the op mentioned that the book he read stated there are four prophets alive without mentioning the names, and so I was only stating that there are speculations that prophet Idris, Khidr and Ilyas are still alive (and with question mark), not that I agree with the book.
Speculation that Prophet idris alive is based on the Quran verses that I wrote in the post.
:sl: I forgot to mention it sorry.

They are, prophet Ilyas(as) and Khidir(as live on earth and prophet Isa(as) and Idris(as) in the heavens... Well I don't think it's true

revert2007
05-23-2010, 10:45 AM
Assalamualikum.If we know Muhammad pbuh is the final messenger and slave of Allah The Exalted,why did the question about other prophets who are alive on Earth should arise?

أبو سليمان عمر
05-23-2010, 11:57 AM
Some of the greatest scholars of hadith, such as Bukhari, ibn Dihyah, ibn Katheer and ibn Hajr al-‘Asqallaani have sought to prove that these reports are da’eef (weak). The strongest evidence to refute those who say that Al-Khidr is alive is the fact that there is no saheeh hadith to support this notion. If he were alive, it would have been obligatory for him to come to the Messenger (Õóáøóì Çááøóåõ Úóáóíúåö æóÓóáøóãó), to follow him and support him. Allaah made a covenant with the Prophets from before that they would believe in Muhammad and support him if he came during their time:
And (remember) when Allâh took the Covenant of the Prophets, saying: "Take whatever I gave you from the Book and Hikmah (understanding of the Laws of Allâh, etc.), and afterwards there will come to you a Messenger (Muhammad (sallallaahu alayhi wasallam)) confirming what is with you; you must, then, believe in him and help him." Allâh said: "Do you agree (to it) and will you take up My Covenant (which I conclude with you)?" They said: "We agree." He said: "Then bear witness; and I am with you among the witnesses (for this)."
]
The Messenger (Õóáøóì Çááøóåõ Úóáóíúåö æóÓóáøóã) , said that if Moosa (Moses) had been alive, he would have had no choice but to follow him. Ibraaheem al-Harbi asked Ahmad ibn Hanbal about the idea of Al-Khidr and Ilyaas still being alive, and whether they could still be seen and whether stories could be narrated from them. Ahmed said, I think that all of these stories are coming from Shaytaan (satan). (Majmoo’ al-Fataawa Shaykh al-Islam, 4/337). Bukhari was asked about Al-Khidr and Ilyaas, are they among the living? He said, “How could that be so when the Prophet (Õóáøóì Çááøóåõ Úóáóíúåö æóÓóáøóã) said, ‘ In one hundred year’s time there will be no one left who is on the face of the earth now.’ (Majmoo’ al-Fataawa Shaykh al-Islam, 4/337).

A number of prominent scholars went to a great length to quote evidence which disproves these myths, such as Ibn Katheer in Al-Bidaayah wan-Nihaayah (1/326); Shaykh Muhammad al-Ameen ash-Shanqeeti in Adwaa’ al-Bayaan (4/184); Ibn Hajr al-‘Asqallaani wrote an essay concerning that, entitled Az-Zahr an-Nadr fi Naba’ al-Khidr, this is published in Majmoo’ah ar-Rasaa’il al-Muneeriyah (2/195)

shuraimfan4lyf
05-23-2010, 12:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by revert2007
Assalamualikum.If we know Muhammad pbuh is the final messenger and slave of Allah The Exalted,why did the question about other prophets who are alive on Earth should arise?
Wa alaykum salam..you should read my post above that talks about which prophets are alive.

Samiun
05-24-2010, 05:27 AM
:sl: so could I still continue reading this book which has a flaw in it or do I throw it away

shuraimfan4lyf
05-24-2010, 05:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nabiel
:sl: so could I still continue reading this book which has a flaw in it or do I throw it away
:wasalamex

Brother, if the book has other authentic beneficial information, I suggest you to keep reading, and mark out or ignore the information that is fabricated or untrue.

أبو سليمان عمر
05-24-2010, 07:55 AM
not sure what the book is about but from the title i think it is a guide on how to pray here you go a few good books on it
read it here the prophets prayer
download it here
or
Detailed Explanation on How to Make Wudu
How to Perform Salaah — Step by Step Explanation

Samiun
05-25-2010, 06:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umar^111
not sure what the book is about but from the title i think it is a guide on how to pray here you go a few good books on it
read it here the prophets prayer
download it here
or
Detailed Explanation on How to Make Wudu
How to Perform Salaah — Step by Step Explanation
:sl:

Thanks brother, I'll look through it if I have the time

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!