/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Zuhr Times

Lonely Gal
05-23-2010, 02:47 PM
Can anyone clarify up to what time can we pray Zuhr namaz please?
I live in UK and the Azaan is just before 1:30, if for somereason I have not been able to read it straight away can I can read it at 4pm for example?
What is the cut off time?

Thanks

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Mohamed_Sadiq
05-23-2010, 02:54 PM
Duhr is at 1.30pm in England and your allowed to pray around 2-4pm but with good excuse. Also it is good to pray your salaat at the exact time.

By they ways i don't think Zuhr is correct term its : Duhr
I noticed many people from the Asian background tend to get confused with the Dhaal with Zai, for instance when it is Alladina they say Alazina its wrong cause you can change a whole meaning in a verse.

AabiruSabeel
05-23-2010, 05:03 PM
:sl:
format_quote Originally Posted by Mohamed_Sadiq
By they ways i don't think Zuhr is correct term its : Duhr
I noticed many people from the Asian background tend to get confused with the Dhaal with Zai, for instance when it is Alladina they say Alazina its wrong cause you can change a whole meaning in a verse.
Just wanted to point out, it's not Alladina as you have posted above, but it's with the letter zaal in this word, in Arabic ذ. The tip of the tongue comes between the front teeth while pronouncing it.
And for Dhuhr, it's ظهر, starting with ظ, with a thick sound.
The Urdu letter zai is different. In Arabic it's pronounced as Za with a sharper tone and written as ز.

There's another letter with similar sound in Arabic and that's the letter Dhaad ض. It shouldn't be confused with ظ.

Mohamed_Sadiq
05-23-2010, 05:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AabiruSabeel
:sl:
Just wanted to point out, it's not Alladina as you have posted above, but it's with the letter zaal in this word, in Arabic ذ. The tip of the tongue comes between the front teeth while pronouncing it.
And for Dhuhr, it's ظهر, starting with ظ, with a thick sound.
The Urdu letter zai is different. In Arabic it's pronounced as Za with a sharper tone and written as ز.

There's another letter with similar sound in Arabic and that's the letter Dhaad ض. It shouldn't be confused with ظ.
It is till wrong to pronounce the dhaal the same way as zai for example some asians say ara- aytalazi instead of ara- aytaladi. I don't like it when people read the quran like that its like playing with the quran just cause ur language is like that you shouldn't be reading arabic the same way. Did u know its a big sin if u mispronounce something in the quran.

Look at the difference between
ز this you pronounce as zaa for example zain

ذ this you pronounce as dhaa for example alladi

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AabiruSabeel
05-23-2010, 06:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mohamed_Sadiq
It is till wrong to pronounce the dhaal the same way as zai for example some asians say ara- aytalazi instead of ara- aytaladi. I don't like it when people read the quran like that its like playing with the quran just cause ur language is like that you shouldn't be reading arabic the same way. Did u know its a big sin if u mispronounce something in the quran.

Look at the difference between
ز this you pronounce as zaa for example zain

ذ this you pronounce as dhaa for example alladi
Of course, it's wrong to pronounce incorrectly. I just wanted to point out the ambiguity in transliteration of ض and ذ in the above post.
Arabic letters cannot be explained clearly in transliteration. Usually we use 'dh' in transliteration to represent ض, so we shouldn't confuse that with ذ.

sur
05-23-2010, 10:33 PM
Fajr: Dawn -till- before sun starts to rise out of horizon.
Zuhr:Sun crosses vertex of sky(Bukhari:12:738) -till- shadow of stick equals twice it's length.
Asr: Shadow of stick equals twice it's length -till- sun starts to set.
Maghrib: Sun completely set(Bukhari:10:536)-till- Yellow/Red/Orange light at horizon gone.
Isha: After Maghrib -till- preferrably midnight.

Sahih Bukhari:10:536:Narrated Salama: We used to pray the Maghrib prayer with the Prophet when the sun disappeared from the horizon.

Bukhari:10:557
Allah's Apostle said, 'Do not pray at the time of sunrise and at the time of sunset.' " Ibn 'Umar said, "Allah's Apostle said, 'If the edge of the sun appears (above the horizon) delay the prayer till it becomes high, and if the edge of the sun disappears, delay the prayer till it sets (disappears completely).' "

Sahih Bukhari:12:738:Narrated Saiyar bin Salama: My father and I went to Abu Barza-al-Aslami to ask him about the stated times for the prayers. He replied, "The Prophet used to offer the Zuhr prayer when the sun just declined from its highest position at noon; the 'Asr at a time when if a man went to the farthest place in Medina (after praying) he would find the sun still hot (bright). (The sub narrator said: I have forgotten what Abu Barza said about the Maghrib prayer). The Prophet never found any harm in delaying the 'Isha' prayer to the first third of the night and he never liked to sleep before it and to talk after it. He used to offer the morning prayer at a time when after finishing it one could recognize the person sitting beside him and used to recite between 60 to 100 verses in one or both the Rakat."

Malik Mauta:1:9:-Yahya related to me from Malik from Yazid ibn Ziyad that Abdullah ibn Rafi, the mawla of Umm Salama, the wife of the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, asked Abu Hurayra about the time of the prayer. Abu Hurayra said, "Let me tell you. Pray dhuhr when the length of your shadow matches your height, asr when your shadow is twice your height, maghrib when the sun has set, isha in the first third of the night, and subh in the very first light of dawn," i.e. when the dawn has definitely come.

Afzalsheikh
02-20-2019, 11:49 AM
It is very convenient and correct way to find the exact Namaz time for individuals who do not have access to the mosque or Azan time. You can also download app or print the Prayer timings for your convenience, especially in the city where Muslims do not hear the Azan from Mosque.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!