/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Fear The Fitna Of Women!

imam bukhari
05-23-2010, 05:46 PM
It is related that a group of people were once seated in the company of Al-Hasan Al-Basri, when some men passed by, dragging along with them a body of a dead man. When Al-Hasan saw the dead man, a glint of instant recognition could be discerned in his eyes, and he fell unconscious from the shock of some memory that had just been rekindled.

When he regained consciousness, his companions asked him what was wrong with him.

He said; This man – referring to the dead man being dragged along on the ground – used to be one of the best worshippers and one of the most renowned ascetics in the world (renouncing all the temporary pleasures of this world because he was so busy and devoted to worship).

One day he left his home, intending to go to the masjid to pray; but on the way, he saw a beautiful young Christian women, who became an immediate temptation to him.

When he proposed to her, she refused, saying, “I will not marry you until you become an adherent of my religion.“

He went on his way, but as time went on, he yearned for her continued to increase. He then succumbed to her wish and exited from the fold of Islaam – the religion of pure, unadulterated Monotheism.

After he became a Christian and some time passed, the woman came out to him from behind the curtain and said, “You are a man who is bereft of goodness. You have forsaken your religion, which was important to you for your entire life, simply for the sake of a lust that is of no value. Indeed, I too am forsaking my religion, but not for the same reason. I am doing so in order to achieve a blissful existence that never comes to an end, an eternal existence under the care of the One, the As-Samad (i.e., Allaah; The Self-Sufficient Master, Whom all creature need, He neither eats nor drinks).“

She then recited the entire Chapter of Al-Ikhlaas:

“Say (O Muhammad (saw)): “He is Allah, (the) One. Allah-us-Samad (The Self-Sufficient Master, Whom all creatures need, He neither eats nor drinks). He begets not, nor was He begotten; And there is none co-equal or comparable unto Him.” [Qur'aan 112:1-4]

When the people had heard about what she had said, they approached her and asked, “All along, you had this Chapter memorized?“

“No,” she answered. “By Allaah, I had never known it before. But after this man continued to insist upon having me, I saw a dream; I saw Hellfire, and my place in it was shown to me. I became terrified and panic-stricken. Maalik – the gatekeeper of the Hellfire – said to me, ‘Do not be afraid or sad, for Allaah has ransomed (i.e., saved) you with this man (i.e., he will take the place in Hellfire that you would have taken had not Allaah saved you).’ He then took me by the hand and admitted me into Paradise. Seeing a line written inside of it, I read it; among what was written were these Words:

“Allaah blots out what He wills and confirms (what He wills). And with Him is the Mother of the Book (Al-Lauh Al-Mahfooz)“. [Qur'aan 13"39]

He then recited Soorah Ikhlaas to me, and I began to repeat it. Then I woke up and had it (Soorah Ikhlaas) memorized.“

Al-Hasan then said, “The woman then embraced Islaam, and the man – whose corpse you just saw being dragged away – was killed for having apostatized. And I ask Allaah to make us firm and steadfast upon guidance and to grant us safety and success.“

[Taken from "Glimpses From The Lives Of Righteous People", Pp. 53-55, Darussalam publishing]

Source: http://theauthenticbase.wordpress.co...itna-of-women/

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Cabdullahi
05-23-2010, 06:00 PM
Subhana'Allah....Brothers its that time of the year again where we need to hold our guards up

islamirama
05-23-2010, 06:10 PM
THE JIHAD OF THE EYES-START TODAY!
by Dr. Hesham Hassaballa

As temperatures soar and sweat pours down our faces this summer, it is essential to remember this: protect your eyes, and I am not talking about wearing sunglasses.

I¹m talking about lowering our gazes.

In our culture today, as the temperature increases, so does the amount of exposed skin on people¹s bodies. Although this is very distressing and disturbing, it has become a fact of life.

In fact, those of us, especially our sisters wearing Hijab, who cover to guard our modesty are seen as strange!

Yet, covering, not exposing the skin, is an advice currently being given by the United States Department of Health And Human Services (HHS) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

They have sponsored a campaign called "Choose Your Cover", encouraging people to protect themselves from skin cancer.

One of the recommended methods is wearing clothing that covers skin and protects against the sun's UV rays.

The campaign¹s section on clothing notes that "a long-sleeved shirt and long pants with a thick weave provide the best protection."

And lest we forget, before global warming and skin cancer warnings were ever issued, most of the Muslim and non-Muslim men and women living in the scorching deserts or cities and villages of Africa and Asia, which experience tremendous heat in the summers [if not most of the year] did NOT emerge from their homes virtually naked.

In fact, they covered themselves more to protect themselves from the sun.

SOME ADVICE FROM THE QURAN AND SUNNAH

It is in this instance, surrounded by half-naked people, that we must have the courage to follow the command of Allah and His Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) and lower our gazes.
Allah says:
"Do not go near fornication and adultery, it is an abomination and an evil way." (Quran 17:32).
This sin is so hateful in the sight of Our Lord, that He commanded us to not even go near it.

Despite what anyone may say, looking upon that which one is not supposed to is going near adultery. For an illicit affair begins with a lustful glance.

Allah wishes for us not to commit this ugly sin, and thus He commands us to lower our gazes:
"Tell the believing men that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty; that will make for greater purity for them; And Allah is well acquainted with all that they do.

And tell the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard their modestyŠ" (Quran 24:30-31).

Lowering the gaze does not mean keeping our eyes constantly on the ground and not looking up at all.
It is turning our faces away when we see a less-than-decently-dressed woman or man walking on the street in the middle of July.

THE ADULTERY OF THE EYES
The Prophet further explained to us Allah¹s command. Abu Hurayrah narrated that the Prophet said, "Šthe adultery of the eyes is looking (at [that] which is not allowed)Š" (Bukhari, Muslim).

Also, on the authority of Jurayr who said, "I asked the Messenger of Allah about accidentally looking at something that is not allowed and he said, ŒTurn your eyes away.¹" (Muslim).

In another Hadith on the authority of Abu Sa¹eed, the Prophet said, "A man should not look at the Awrah of another man, and the woman should not look at the Awrah of another womanŠ" (Muslim).

Thus, our Prophet even instructed us to lower our gaze when looking at members of the same gender in some cases.

LOWERING FOR THE ³OTHER² NAKEDNESS

One common mistake is to think that lowering your gaze is only required upon encountering nakedness and indecency "in the flesh" or in person.

Lowering our gaze must also be practiced when watching a film or television program replete with nakedness and intimate scenes of couples (actually, we should try to avoid watching such types of programs, period).

Lowering our gaze includes changing the channel when "Baywatch" comes on.

It also means changing the channel when watching the news if we feel attracted to the anchorperson or reporter reading or presenting the news.

And anyway, television isn¹t that great of a way to spend time. See why in Sound Vision¹s unTV guide.

DON¹T GO TO THE BEACH

Or anywhere else you¹ll find a plethora of bikini- and swimming-trunk clad men and women.

Lowering your gaze there is virtually impossible. You may turn in one direction, thinking you¹re home-free, but soon enough you can¹t even look there.

The same holds true for parks. While this doesn¹t mean never taking the kids out to enjoy the slides and see-saws or having barbecues there, it does mean perhaps having activities on days that are cooler, or at times when the sun is not as hot and intense (i.e. some time in the earlier morning or before Maghrib).

This way, the prime time for sunbathing has passed, and most people either leave or feel cool enough to put some more clothes on.

MAKE DUA

"Never underestimate the power of Dua," Imam Siraj Wahhaj of Brooklyn, New York once said. This holds true in all trying situations.

Sometimes, despite avoiding certain places where you are more likely to encounter an improperly dressed person, you may find someone walking on the street going to the beach or the park who decided to get ready for suntanning or swimming beforehand.

In these cases, lowering the gaze may be even harder. You weren¹t expecting it, so you didn¹t mentally prepare yourself.

If you feel overwhelmed, one suggested Dua to read is: "Aoutho billahi Sami¹ il Aleem minash Shaytan ir Rajeem" (see Quran 41:36 for more information). A translation of this is "I seek the refuge of Allah who is the Hearer and Who is the Knower from the Shaytan the accursed."

In general, seek refuge in Allah. It has also been suggested to say "La hawla wa la Quwwata illa billah" (there is no power except with Allah). If we sincerely make Dua, Insha Allah, we can succeed in turning our eyes away.

LOWERING THE GAZE DOESN¹T MEAN BEING ANTI-SOCIAL

But lowering our gaze does not mean being rude or anti-social. Summer is definitely a time to go out, have fun, and even make Dawa (inviting others to Islam).

You can, for example, hand out brochures at public places and parks.

The Prophet used to present the message of Islam to people that had come for the yearly "Ukaz" festival, which did include unIslamic activities like drinking and gambling.

However, this requires faith, self-control and discipline. This must never be used as an opportunity to indulge in these sins.

THE GAZE IS A PART OF A MUSLIM¹S CHARACTER

A Muslim is decent and pure. This means all of his or her body must be decent and pure. A natural consequence of this is lowering the gaze.

Allah tells us:
"O you who believe! Do not follow Satan¹s footsteps: if any will follow the footsteps of Satan, he will command what is shameful and wrong..." (Quran 24:21).

Looking at another man or woman in an indecent manner is following in Satan¹s footsteps.

It all begins with a lustful glance. Such a glance leads to lustful talk and flirting, then meetingŠand we are all aware of what comes next.

Let us stop Satan in his tracks and lower our gaze.

Let us start today, during these hot summer months. Yes, it is very difficult and it takes discipline and faith.

Yet, whenever we struggle to please Allah, He will reward us several times over in this life and the next.

It is truly a Jihad. But, it is a Jihad worth undertaking, and we will be all the better for it.

جوري
05-23-2010, 06:17 PM
A servant of Allah who is a 3alim is better than the one who is a 3abid! and that should be your moral at least from the first story.. many people do the deeds of the dwellers of paradise until the end you'd swear they are of the people of Jannah but they are the people of hell.. there is an error inside them (and a woman isn't really responsible for that error) it is their own nafs that leads them to hell!

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
TrueStranger
05-24-2010, 02:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by τhε ṿαlε'ṡ lïlÿ
A servant of Allah who is a 3alim is better than the one who is a 3abid! and that should be your moral at least from the first story.. many people do the deeds of the dwellers of paradise until the end you'd swear they are of the people of Jannah but they are the people of hell.. there is an error inside them (and a woman isn't really responsible for that error) it is their own nafs that leads them to hell!

Thank you for pointing that out. It seems like some men would love to put the blame on women, forgetting that some of their statements are sometimes viewed as a way to "blame" the woman for the sins of the man.

As if men are not fitna women ^o). But at the end of the day everyone will be held accountable for their sins.

Woodrow
05-24-2010, 02:20 AM
The hidden blessing those of us who live in a cold climate have.

Summer clothing for either man or woman is out of the question. It is worth no longer having a summer, to know that everybody will dress modestly year round, even if for some it is out of climate conditions and not choice.

I do not think there are any stores here that even sell summer clothing.

Ramadhan
05-24-2010, 03:54 AM
The first story is just breathtaking..
The realization that iman can be so fragile and nafs can be that extremely strong
May Allah SWT always guides us to the straight path and may He SWT strengthens our iman and saves us from the fire of hell

tango92
05-24-2010, 04:05 AM
^hmm, sometimes even when you reach a v high level of iman and taqwa you can wake up the next day and have it all gone unless you keep workin on it.

you know the good thing about summer is that you become quite desensitized to women even if your lowering your gaze cause its nearly impossible to go out and not catch a glimpse of skin here and there, eventually your just not affected anymore.

of course that doesnt mean you stop lowering your gaze, it just makes it easier.

Lynx
05-24-2010, 04:39 AM
The man in the story was just Easy :P

Someone lacking the right incentive to turn into a sinner is just as bad as the person who does sin.

Don't you guys think?

جوري
05-24-2010, 05:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lynx
The man in the story was just Easy :P

Someone lacking the right incentive to turn into a sinner is just as bad as the person who does sin.

Don't you guys think?
http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...ml#post1330364

all the best!

shuraimfan4lyf
05-24-2010, 05:15 AM
:salamext:

SubhanAllah..the story in the original post was just astonishing. Its like the story of the Pious person who was taking care of a woman, who's brothers trusted him to care of their sister while they went out for Jihad. But he fell for shaytans trap and committed adultery, not only that, he killed her after shaytan gave him a false promise.

He [Shaitan (Satan)] makes promises to them, and arouses in them false desires; and Shaitan's (Satan) promises are nothing but deceptions. Surat An-Nisa 4:120.

And Shaitan (Satan) will say when the matter has been decided: "Verily, Allah promised you a promise of truth. And I too promised you, but I betrayed you. I had no authority over you except that I called you, so you responded to me. So blame me not, but blame yourselves. I cannot help you, nor can you help me. I deny your former act in associating me (Satan) as a partner with Allah (by obeying me in the life of the world). Verily, there is a painful torment for the Zalimun (polytheists and wrong-doers, etc.)." Sura Ibrahim 14:22

Lynx
05-24-2010, 05:24 AM
two people can have the same opinion you know

جوري
05-24-2010, 05:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lynx
two people can have the same opinion you know
It is one of those rare wonders of the world Horatio!.........

all the best

Ummu Sufyaan
05-24-2010, 08:31 AM
:sl:
the story is simply heartbreaking...i mean the part where he left Islam...thats tragic...how delicate can our iman can get and how blinded we can be and how easy we can loose sight of our final goal.

i dont really like the title of this thread though :hmm: its doesn't necessarily match...the story could be relevant to any title.

Ali_008
05-24-2010, 06:04 PM
The story is so mind-boggling. It really portrays that how easily the shaitaan can trap us and we are at risk of falling for it even at peaks of faith.

جوري
05-24-2010, 06:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ummu Sufyaan

i dont really like the title of this thread though :hmm: its doesn't necessarily match...the story could be relevant to any title.
Indeed:
كُلُّ نَفْسٍ بِمَا كَسَبَتْ رَهِينَةٌ
Pickthal 74:38] Every soul is a pledge for its own deeds;

it isn't the first post by the dear brother which savors designating the transgression solely on the woman's shoulders.. al7mdlillah that Allah swt is most just and alluding that it is the woman's responsibility for this man's egregious sins is in my humble opinion a way to deny God's wise judgment!

Cabdullahi
05-24-2010, 06:31 PM
if we cannot blame the devil for our mishaps then how can we blame women for our carelessness

the fitna of women is there, but it is us who have the choice to either look and get trapped or to ignore it and escape

cat eyes
05-24-2010, 06:33 PM
i heard this story before but i think it might be weak? im saying because i heard different versions of this story where a man was going to masjid and he saw this woman and the woman was teasing him and asking him to follow her into her home, he gave into his lusts and followed her when she trapped him in the house, she turned into this ugly old woman so which version is right. and how could a man who was so devoted to Allah just throw away his religion like that. when iman enters the heart, it never leaves it!

all because of a woman? like are men really that weak. there was a shortage of muslim women or something that he wanted a christcian woman?

Alpha Dude
05-24-2010, 06:38 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by TrueStranger
Thank you for pointing that out. It seems like some men would love to put the blame on women, forgetting that some of their statements are sometimes viewed as a way to "blame" the woman for the sins of the man.

As if men are not fitna women ^o). But at the end of the day everyone will be held accountable for their sins.

Respected sisters, please keep in mind that Prophet Muhammad Sallalahu Alaihe Wasalam said, words to the effect: "I have not left behind any fitnah more harmful to men than women."

When women are described as fitnah, it doesn't mean there is something inherently wrong with them. Nor does it mean the blame is to be placed on them for the sins men commit.

It just means that we men are to be careful around women cos you guys are potentially 'dangerous' to us. It's like the 'red button'. Despite being warned repeatedly not to touch it, temptation will always arise.

Cabdullahi
05-24-2010, 06:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude

It just means that we men are to be careful around women cos you guys are potentially 'dangerous' to us.
Especially african women ooowee!

dangerous! Masha'Allah

aadil77
05-24-2010, 07:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
Especially african women ooowee!
dangerous! Masha'Allah
you need to chill about the 'african women', don't make yerself sound desperate

Cabdullahi
05-24-2010, 07:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
you need to chill about the 'african women', don't make yerself sound desperate

i was just trying to make light of the situation

جوري
05-24-2010, 09:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude

Respected sisters, please keep in mind that Prophet Muhammad Sallalahu Alaihe Wasalam said, words to the effect: "I have not left behind any fitnah more harmful to men than women."

When women are described as fitnah, it doesn't mean there is something inherently wrong with them. Nor does it mean the blame is to be placed on them for the sins men commit.

It just means that we men are to be careful around women cos you guys are potentially 'dangerous' to us. It's like the 'red button'. Despite being warned repeatedly not to touch it, temptation will always arise.
:sl: noble brother;

Indeed a chocolate cake can be fitnah to a diabetic, and water fitnah to the fasting Muslim.. but the fault doesn't lie with the chocolate cake nor the water and I think it is unfortunate the repeated assails against women sometimes by one particular individual for failure to recognize the weakness of the self. Please realize that we all have weaknesses and part of iman is holding steadfast against the lower desires of the self.. my objections are merely that I notice and repeatedly posts that are aimed purely at women and not just any women but chaste Muslim women asking them to deny themselves basic things that are even endorsed religiously like education or driving or whatever else simply as to not pose some form of fitnah to the opposite sex. Men need to recognize their own follies without constantly looking for a scapegoat to pin their failures and shortcomings on!

This might come as a surprise to some but we are not inanimate objects.. we have feelings you know!

shuraimfan4lyf
05-24-2010, 09:20 PM

Indeed a chocolate cake can be fitnah to a diabetic, and water fitnah to the fasting Muslim.. but the fault doesn't lie with the chocolate cake nor the water and I think it is unfortunate the repeated assails against women sometimes by one particular individual for failure to recognize the weakness of the self. Please realize that we all have weaknesses and part of iman is holding steadfast against the lower desires of the self.. my objections are merely that I notice and repeatedly posts that are aimed purely at women and not just any women but chaste Muslim women asking them to deny themselves basic things that are even endorsed religiously like education or driving or whatever else simply as to not pose some form of fitnah to the opposite sex. Men need to recognize their own follies without constantly looking for a scapegoat to pin their failures and shortcomings on!

This might come as a surprise to some but we are not inanimate objects.. we have feelings you know!

Any (muslim) Man who says that woman(herself) is a fitnah in their life is wrong. But shaytan makes the woman a fitnah for us men, he comes in every direction and makes it hard for men to lower their gaze. I am not discriminating against any believing woman but I think its better for her if she does not drive. One of the reasons is safety for her. More fitnah can arouse in a society if a woman drives because it can lead to mixing and meeting up with non-mahrams. I am not saying that if all women drive it will lead to mixing. I am talking about the weak believing women and who are like them. I think thats how the fitnah level is lower than any other country in Saudi because of that. In outer suburbs they let the woman drive in Saudi because its a necessity(farming etc). Forgive me for sake of Allah if have said anything wrong. Wa salamu alaykum.

Alpha Dude
05-24-2010, 09:34 PM
my objections are merely that I notice and repeatedly posts that are aimed purely at women and not just any women but chaste Muslim women asking them to deny themselves basic things that are even endorsed religiously like education or driving or whatever else simply as to not pose some form of fitnah to the opposite sex.
I'm not aware of previous posts by the thread starter, so I only spoke based on what I saw in the opening post - there was nothing to indicate taking away the rights of women there.

Nevertheless, you are right. This thread isn't really aimed at believing women. I think it's a topic better suited to the brothers' section, for brothers eyes only. Tips/guidance/advice on how to avoid falling into fitna involving women, that sort of thing.

Ummu Sufyaan
05-25-2010, 02:17 AM

i agree with this (not aiming it at anyone in this thread). i will acknowledge that women are a fitnah to men (well more of a fitnah then men are to women anyway) i dont mean this to sound that the woman is the woman's fault or that we are deficient and to blame in any way, but as mentioned perhaps merely it is advice.

what i cant stand however is how the woman is solely to blame and how ridiculous notions such as "its the woman who gives the green light" are. well im sorry but if its the woman who gives the green light, then its the man who puts his foot on the accelerator. does that make him a saint? i think not!

im sick to death of this moaning and whinging from some men/brothers about the temptation and the fault of women whereas if you bothered to stop making excuses for yourselves/shifting the blame and bothered to actually rectify your own condition (if you dont already), then perhaps you will find that this temptation may be reduced greatly and that the green light is actually turned on red.

even sometimes a hijabi/jilbabified/niqabi sister gets stared at. omg if this is the affect a sister being modest has on you, you need you get a grip, honesty :hmm: (dude get the message already, she doesn't want attention).

islamirama
05-25-2010, 02:43 AM
maybe i should request my post be moved to a thread of its own as a general advice for us all in light of summer approaching :D

جوري
05-25-2010, 02:56 AM
to be honest outside of the raging hormones of the teenage years (and I am being generous since I was a teenager not so long ago) it is hard for me to believe that anyone is tempted by anything (summer, winter, hell or high-water) If anyone is tempting you with anything candy, money or women, I'd assess what is missing from your personal life before I pass blame on any party!

Woodrow
05-25-2010, 03:29 AM
While lust is a very strong temptress. When it comes down to the last judgment any of us men who try to get by with the excuse "She made me do it" is going to sound very weak and foolish. We pay for what we do, we can not escape by saying "put the blame on the woman"...... Is it my imagination or is that like saying "make the woman pay for my sins"......

Do any of us honestly believe another person can take the punishment for our sins?

shuraimfan4lyf
05-25-2010, 04:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Do any of us honestly believe another person can take the punishment for our sins?
I would never believe that a person will be punished for my sins. The person who takes away the right of another person and does not apologize will bear the burden. and Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala will give take away the good deeds from him or her on the day of judgement, if they dont have any good deeds left then they shall take the evil deeds of the person they have taken their right away from.

Say: "Shall I seek a lord other than Allah, while He is the Lord of all things? No person earns any (sin) except against himself (only), and no bearer of burdens shall bear the burden of another. Then unto your Lord is your return, so He will tell you that wherein you have been differing." Surat Al-An'aam 6:164

Whoever goes right, then he goes right only for the benefit of his ownself. And whoever goes astray, then he goes astray to his own loss. No one laden with burdens can bear another's burden. And We never punish until We have sent a Messenger (to give warning). Surat Al-Isra 17:15

And no bearer of burdens shall bear another's burden, and if one heavily laden calls another to (bear) his load, nothing of it will be lifted even though he be near of kin. You (O Muhammad SAW) can warn only those who fear their Lord unseen, and perform As-Salat (IqamatasSalat). And he who purifies himself (from all kinds of sins), then he purifies only for the benefit of his ownself. And to Allah is the (final) Return (of all). Sura Fatir 35:18

If you disbelieve, then verily, Allah is not in need of you, He likes not disbelief for His slaves. And if you are grateful (by being believers), He is pleased therewith for you. No bearer of burdens shall bear the burden of another. Then to your Lord is your return, so He will inform you what you used to do. Verily, He is the All-Knower of that which is in (men's) breasts. Surat Az-Zumar 39:7

That no burdened person (with sins) shall bear the burden (sins) of another. Surat An-Najm 53:38

Ali_008
05-25-2010, 05:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ummu Sufyaan
even sometimes a hijabi/jilbabified/niqabi sister gets stared at. omg if this is the affect a sister being modest has on you, you need you get a grip, honesty :hmm: (dude get the message already, she doesn't want attention).
Honestly, its these women who are more a bigger attraction for me. I don't start staring at anyone alhamdulillah. Even if I see some really beautiful woman while driving, I try not to give her a second look and Alhamdulillah, summa Alhamdulillah, I don't. Its the hijabi women. When I see them, they incite me more for a second look but I still try my best not to do that. I can take it just as an innovative trap of shaytaan. Having such great amount of experience in tempting humans, he can make you fall at the least expected places and situations. The above mentioned story and the story of the Jew who killed the girl after adultery (I think his name was Barsissa) are just examples of that.

جوري
05-25-2010, 05:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ali_008
(I think his name was Barsissa)
Jazaka Allah khyran, I'll try to amend my post to reflect the correct name..

جوري
05-25-2010, 05:30 AM
better yet here it is:

shuraimfan4lyf
05-25-2010, 05:36 AM
Yes it was story of Barsisa, jazak'Allah khair for reminding. I had forgotten the name of it.

Ummu Sufyaan
05-25-2010, 09:05 AM
Honestly, its these women who are more a bigger attraction for me. I don't start staring at anyone alhamdulillah. Even if I see some really beautiful woman while driving, I try not to give her a second look and Alhamdulillah, summa Alhamdulillah, I don't. Its the hijabi women. When I see them, they incite me more for a second look but I still try my best not to do that. I can take it just as an innovative trap of shaytaan. Having such great amount of experience in tempting humans, he can make you fall at the least expected places and situations. The above mentioned story and the story of the Jew who killed the girl after adultery (I think his name was Barsissa) are just examples of that.
do you know how disrespectful and annoying it is to cover to please your lord only for some dude to come along and think its ok to look at you! the whole point of the hijab, etc is to advert what you speak of. no sister wants to be at the receiving end of this. just becuase a sister is dressing modesty doesnt mean she wants attention and/or is playing hard to get (like some odd men seem to think) im not saying i've been in those shoes ( i do know sisters who have been though), but it enrages me to hear this baloney and my gheerah towards my sisters in Islam is greatly stirred.

its understandable (though not acceptable) if a woman isnt dressing so modestly... but a hijaabi/niqaabi?! come on! as i said, get the message already. besides i hardly doubt that any of you brothers would want your sisters/women-folk to be on the "receiving end."

Ali_008
05-25-2010, 09:17 AM
^^ I completely acknowledge the fact that they covering themselves doesn't give me a right to keep looking at them. I respect all the women who have the guts to put on the hijab in this day & age not just because of their piety but also for their valiance. I still don't stare at Hibabi women but its them who attract me more:hmm:. My inclination to have a second look is more for a hijabi girl than one dressed immodestly.

:sorry: if my post offended anyone.

Ummu Sufyaan
05-25-2010, 09:20 AM
^i didnt mean to imply that your post was offensive. my bad.

aadil77
05-25-2010, 09:23 AM
^^ I completely acknowledge the fact that they covering themselves doesn't give me a right to keep looking at them. I respect all the women who have the guts to put on the hijab in this day & age not just because of their piety but also for their valiance. I still don't stare at Hibabi women but its them who attract me more:hmm:. My inclination to have a second look is more for a hijabi girl than one dressed immodestly.
ha brother, you might wanna keep that to yourself

Ali_008
05-25-2010, 09:54 AM
^^ I realise that now. :hmm:

shuraimfan4lyf
05-25-2010, 10:00 AM

I read your post and understood what you meant by it. Its alright brother, sometimes people misinterpret and misunderstand things that you say. may Allah forgive us for our shortcomings and grant us Ilm that we have not earned yet.

aadil77
05-25-2010, 10:05 AM
lol its alrite bro, I think for some of us unmarried brothers practising looking sisters can often catch our attention

but just think of it this way, the sis could be married

shuraimfan4lyf
05-25-2010, 10:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
lol its alrite bro, I think for some of us unmarried brothers practising looking sisters can often catch our attention

but just think of it this way, the sis could be married
And her husband might be looking at you while you are looking at her. And you dont know if he has a temper or not.

aadil77
05-25-2010, 12:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by shuraimfan4lyf
And her husband might be looking at you while you are looking at her. And you dont know if he has a temper or not.
haha yh u have to watch it

cat eyes
05-25-2010, 03:44 PM
better yet here it is:

jazakAllah khayr. he didnt have anybody to remind him of the mercy of Allah because everybody thought he was perfect. i think to fight the shayytan we have to be constantly reminded of Allah.

actually that story reminded me of a few dreams i had which i was told that they were from the shayytan and was told to disregard them but i believe the dreams had some truth to it.

because of some signs that i had got.

yahia12
05-25-2010, 04:15 PM
it makes sense! one of seytans best weapon! be careful reallly... :)

imam bukhari
06-09-2010, 04:29 PM
laamu 'alaykum,

Sorry I didn't mean to cause any friction with this post... Sorry

yahia12
06-16-2010, 01:43 PM
During some x months i saw my friend evolve away from islam. the character i was seeing was something that chocked me. how a person can loose grip from being muslim still thinking being muslim commiting acts dont not even a kaffir would do. Thing is i dont know how tell nasihah in good way.

Muhaba
06-16-2010, 04:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by imam bukhari
It is related that a group of people were once seated in the company of Al-Hasan Al-Basri, when some men passed by, dragging along with them a body of a dead man. When Al-Hasan saw the dead man, a glint of instant recognition could be discerned in his eyes, and he fell unconscious from the shock of some memory that had just been rekindled.

When he regained consciousness, his companions asked him what was wrong with him.

He said; This man – referring to the dead man being dragged along on the ground – used to be one of the best worshippers and one of the most renowned ascetics in the world (renouncing all the temporary pleasures of this world because he was so busy and devoted to worship).

One day he left his home, intending to go to the masjid to pray; but on the way, he saw a beautiful young Christian women, who became an immediate temptation to him.

When he proposed to her, she refused, saying, “I will not marry you until you become an adherent of my religion.“

He went on his way, but as time went on, he yearned for her continued to increase. He then succumbed to her wish and exited from the fold of Islaam – the religion of pure, unadulterated Monotheism.

After he became a Christian and some time passed, the woman came out to him from behind the curtain and said, “You are a man who is bereft of goodness. You have forsaken your religion, which was important to you for your entire life, simply for the sake of a lust that is of no value. Indeed, I too am forsaking my religion, but not for the same reason. I am doing so in order to achieve a blissful existence that never comes to an end, an eternal existence under the care of the One, the As-Samad (i.e., Allaah; The Self-Sufficient Master, Whom all creature need, He neither eats nor drinks).“

She then recited the entire Chapter of Al-Ikhlaas:

“Say (O Muhammad (saw)): “He is Allah, (the) One. Allah-us-Samad (The Self-Sufficient Master, Whom all creatures need, He neither eats nor drinks). He begets not, nor was He begotten; And there is none co-equal or comparable unto Him.” [Qur'aan 112:1-4]

When the people had heard about what she had said, they approached her and asked, “All along, you had this Chapter memorized?“

“No,” she answered. “By Allaah, I had never known it before. But after this man continued to insist upon having me, I saw a dream; I saw Hellfire, and my place in it was shown to me. I became terrified and panic-stricken. Maalik – the gatekeeper of the Hellfire – said to me, ‘Do not be afraid or sad, for Allaah has ransomed (i.e., saved) you with this man (i.e., he will take the place in Hellfire that you would have taken had not Allaah saved you).’ He then took me by the hand and admitted me into Paradise. Seeing a line written inside of it, I read it; among what was written were these Words:

“Allaah blots out what He wills and confirms (what He wills). And with Him is the Mother of the Book (Al-Lauh Al-Mahfooz)“. [Qur'aan 13"39]

He then recited Soorah Ikhlaas to me, and I began to repeat it. Then I woke up and had it (Soorah Ikhlaas) memorized.“

Al-Hasan then said, “The woman then embraced Islaam, and the man – whose corpse you just saw being dragged away – was killed for having apostatized. And I ask Allaah to make us firm and steadfast upon guidance and to grant us safety and success.“

[Taken from "Glimpses From The Lives Of Righteous People", Pp. 53-55, Darussalam publishing]

Source: http://theauthenticbase.wordpress.co...itna-of-women/
That seems like a false or distorted story. I heard somewhere that a person who misleads another will not go to paradise if the misled one dies in a state of kufr.

As for the man, he made the mistake of not marrying someone else which would keep him from becoming desperate for that christian woman.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!