/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Consolation

PouringRain
05-25-2010, 04:38 AM
I guess I will post this in "advice and support." I was wondering if people would share your favorite surahs of consolation and encouragement here.

This is one I like:

Surah 94

1 Have we not expanded your breast?
2 And removed from you your burden
3 Which galled your back?
4 And raised high the esteem in which you are held?
5 So, truly, with every difficulty, there is relief:
6 Truly, with every difficulty there is relief.
7 Therefore, when you are free, still labour hard,
8 And to your Lord turn your attention.

And in my introduction thread on the forum The Lily's Vale shared this one which is also beautiful:

Surah 93
Asad translation of Surah Adh-Dhuha
1 CONSIDER the bright morning hours,

2 and the night when it grows still and dark.

3 Thy Sustainer has not forsaken thee, nor does He scorn thee:

4 for, indeed, the life to come will be better for thee than this earlier part [of thy life]!

5 And, indeed, in time will thy Sustainer grant thee [what thy heart desires], and thou shalt be well-pleased.

6 Has He not found thee an orphan, and given thee shelter?

7 And found thee lost on thy way, and guided thee?

8 And found thee in want, and given thee sufficiency?

9 Therefore, the orphan shalt thou never wrong,

10 and him that seeks [thy] help shalt thou never chide,

11 and of thy Sustainer's blessings shalt thou [ever] speak.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
05-25-2010, 06:08 AM
hard to pick suras.. but this is also one of my favorites to remember the endless blessings of Allah..

جوري
05-25-2010, 06:25 AM

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Results وَإِذَا سَأَلَكَ عِبَادِي عَنِّي فَإِنِّي قَرِيبٌ ۖ أُجِيبُ دَعْوَةَ الدَّاعِ إِذَا دَعَانِ ۖ فَلْيَسْتَجِيبُوا لِي وَلْيُؤْمِنُوا بِي لَعَلَّهُمْ يَرْشُدُونَ {186}
[Pickthal 2:186] And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright.

Ramadhan
05-25-2010, 08:17 AM
QS 93 and 94 are definitely my favourite surahs to read whenever I feel depressed and sad, and which would give me a great deal of peace afterwards.
This is also another surah about forgiveness from Allah SWT.

QS. 110

When comes the Help of Allah, and Victory,
And thou dost see the people enter Allah's Religion in crowds,
Celebrate the praises of thy Lord, and pray for His Forgiveness: For He is Oft-Returning (in Grace and Mercy).

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ramadhan
05-25-2010, 08:21 AM
I also remember it was during Isya' shalat in masjidil haraam, and the imaam recited QS. Ar Rahmaan... I never cried as much in a shalat as I did that time, especially during the recitation of the repeating ayat:

Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?

aadil77
05-25-2010, 08:24 AM
Alot of verses in the Quran can be used for consolation, if you have been wronged by someone reading about the fact that Allah deals with everyone justly can be used as consolation, if you're having difficulty in this world then just reading about the fact there is a much much better place available for you in the next world can also be consolation.

48:1 Lo! We have given thee (O Muhammad) a signal victory,

48:2 That Allah may forgive thee of thy sin that which is past and that which is to come, and may perfect His favour unto thee, and may guide thee on a right path,

48:3 And that Allah may help thee with strong help -

48:4 He it is Who sent down peace of reassurance into the hearts of the believers that they might add faith unto their faith. Allah's are the hosts of the heavens and the earth, and Allah is ever Knower, Wise -

48:5 That He may bring the believing men and the believing women into Gardens underneath which rivers flow, wherein they will abide, and may remit from them their evil deeds - That, in the sight of Allah, is the supreme triumph -

shuraimfan4lyf
05-25-2010, 08:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by naidamar
I also remember it was during Isya' shalat in masjidil haraam, and the imaam recited QS. Ar Rahmaan... I never cried as much in a shalat as I did that time, especially during the recitation of the repeating ayat:

Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
SubhanAllah..may Allah accept your prayer and keep us steadfast on our prayers. Do you remember the name of the Imam?

And don't be weak in the pursuit of the enemy; if you are suffering (hardships) then surely, they (too) are suffering (hardships) as you are suffering, but you have a hope from Allah (for the reward, i.e. Paradise) that for which they hope not, and Allah is Ever All-Knowing, All-Wise. Surat An-Nisa 4:104

"O my sons! Go you and enquire about Yusuf (Joseph) and his brother, and never give up hope of Allah's Mercy. Certainly no one despairs of Allah's Mercy, except the people who disbelieve." Sura Yusuf 12:87

The patience of Prophet Yaqoub(Alayhi as-Salam) in Sura Yusuf gives me lot of hope. SubhanAllah, he was so patient for his son Yusuf (Alayhi as-Salam). He waited years and did not give up on the hope of Allah (Subhanahu wa ta'ala)

And when the caravan departed, their father said: "I do indeed feel the smell of Yusuf (Joseph), if only you think me not a dotard (a person who has weakness of mind because of old age)." Sura Yusuf 12:94

Ramadhan
05-25-2010, 08:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by shuraimfan4lyf
SubhanAllah..may Allah accept your prayer and keep us steadfast on our prayers. Do you remember the name of the Imam?
Amiin.
I don't know the name of the Imam, it was at the end of April last year. He must have been the Imam of Masjidil Haram.
He divided the surah into two parts to be read during the first and second rakaat, and he was also sobbing with cries at times. It was a most beautiful recitation.
Two weeks after I came back from umrah, I was really longing to hear again QS Ar Rahmaan recited in a shalat, and guess what, that very day (friday) the Imaam in my masjid recited the surah during friday prayer! Subahanallah.
That was truly a sign from Allah SWT as the coincidence is just so unbelievable, especially because imam in my masjid normally read short surahs (mostly from juz amma) during friday prayer.
Not as beautiful as the Masjidil Haraam imam, but enough to make me cry again.

shuraimfan4lyf
05-25-2010, 09:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by naidamar
Amiin.
I don't know the name of the Imam, it was at the end of April last year. He must have been the Imam of Masjidil Haram.
He divided the surah into two parts to be read during the first and second rakaat, and he was also sobbing with cries at times. It was a most beautiful recitation.
Two weeks after I came back from umrah, I was really longing to hear again QS Ar Rahmaan recited in a shalat, and guess what, that very day (friday) the Imaam in my masjid recited the surah during friday prayer! Subahanallah.
That was truly a sign from Allah SWT as the coincidence is just so unbelievable, especially because imam in my masjid normally read short surahs (mostly from juz amma) during friday prayer.
Not as beautiful as the Masjidil Haraam imam, but enough to make me cry again.
Is this the Salat Isha you are talking about? the Imam's name is Sheikh Khalid Al-Ghamdi.

Ramadhan
05-25-2010, 10:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by shuraimfan4lyf
Is this the Salat Isha you are talking about? the Imams name is Sheikh Khalid Al-Ghamdi.
Yes this must be it. MashaAllah I didn't know they record every prayers at the masjidil Haraam.
For some strange reason, I always remembered the Imam reciting from the first verse but clearly he started in the middle, and that the Imam sobbing, so I guess it was just me crying then.
Jazakallah khair for this video. It makes me want to go back to Makkah and Madina more Insya Allah

tango92
05-25-2010, 10:52 AM
This is one of my favourite stories from the quran, when Allah swt told Musa (as) to deliver the message of islam to pharaoh

24. Go to Firon, surely he has exceeded all limits.

25. He said: O my Lord! Expand my breast for me,

26. And make my affair easy to me,

27. And loose the knot from my tongue,

28. (That) they may understand my word;

29. And give to me an aider from my family:

30. Haroun, my brother,

31. Strengthen my back by him,

32. And associate him (with me) in my affair,

33. So that we should glorify Thee much,

34. And remember Thee oft.

35. Surely, Thou art seeing us.

36. He said: You are indeed granted your petition, O Musa

PouringRain
05-25-2010, 11:55 PM
(I don't have a lot of time to post these days, and I am about to walk out the door right now........) But I just wanted to thank you all who have responded so far and say that you all are awesome. These are some great passages! I thank God for your assistance and may he bless you all for sharing these. :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!