/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Lool Funny incident

Mohamed_Sadiq
05-26-2010, 03:08 PM
Today I was doing voluntary work in my local library and i was sorting out where to put certain books for different sections and I got kicked out of the library for putting all the Bibles in the Fiction Section, Lool it was mad!;D:raging:;D
Now I won't get no good reference from this voluntary job but I don't care;D

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Mohamed_Sadiq
05-26-2010, 03:19 PM
I did it on purpose it was a experiment that me and my friends were carrying out lool

shev
05-26-2010, 03:24 PM
Why u did so I didn't understand???

Dagless
05-26-2010, 03:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by shev
Why u did so I didn't understand???
To hurt the feelings of Christian people? I don't really understand either, especially coming from a Muslim.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Alpha Dude
05-26-2010, 03:29 PM
:sl:

That was just plain rude of you. Nothing to laugh and be happy about.

Mohamed_Sadiq
05-26-2010, 03:34 PM
Lool you guys are mistaken it was a experiment, to see how they will react if a Muslim did it, because this same Incident happened in the same library but a non-muslims did it and nothing happend, no actions was taken, but when a Muslim did it (me) action was taken. We just wanted to see if there are Islamophobia in the library and our result was Yes. Also I don't see how its rude?

Hows that going to hurt their feelings putting a bible in fiction shelf??

cat eyes
05-26-2010, 03:35 PM
yeah they fired you on the grounds that you are a joker when it comes to other religions, i wonder what they will believe about muslims now after that sarcastic stunt. in your time in that job you could have used it at least to give dawah to them about religion instead of pulling stunts like that. its extremely insensitive thing to do when people don't know anything else and all they know is bible so this is why we don't joke or slag off. its not the character of the muslim.

Mohamed_Sadiq
05-26-2010, 03:40 PM
Me and my friends stunt was a wake up call for certain Muslims that think that the non-muslims are lovely towards us, some certain Muslims have lost their religion and follow around non-muslims as if they are dogs and this stunt was a experiment to show Islamophobia is still present.

Dagless
05-26-2010, 03:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mohamed_Sadiq
Lool you guys are mistaken it was a experiment, to see how they will react if a Muslim did it, because this same Incident happened in the same library but a non-muslims did it and nothing happend, no actions was taken, but when a Muslim did it (me) action was taken. We just wanted to see if there are Islamophobia in the library and our result was Yes. Also I don't see how its rude?

If the same incident happened in the same library how is that a fair test? There are no rules set in stone for this kind of thing. If it happens once people may overlook it but if it happens again and again people become sterner with punishments.
If someone put the Quran on the fiction shelf wouldn't it hurt your feelings?

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-26-2010, 03:41 PM
Khayr whatso ever happened. . Hopefully the brother wont do it again!
The people at the library thought you was making fun of Christianity or something by storing the books in the wrong place. . . hope you learnt from your mistake and wont have this happening again

Mohamed_Sadiq
05-26-2010, 03:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim World 12
Khayr whatso ever happened. . Hopefully the brother wont do it again!
The people at the library thought you was making fun of Christianity or something by storing the books in the wrong place. . . hope you learnt from your mistake and wont have this happening again
Afcourse we made sure nobody seen as doing it, apart from the library authority and workers, this occured during the closing time of the library, there was no customers only the library workers and we made sure so that we can see their reaction and get it written in my reference so I can show the certain Muslims the reason I got kicked out of the library, it was my way of making da'wah to the lost Muslims.

shev
05-26-2010, 03:47 PM
I must ask u a question...
how would u react if a christian person does the same thing to Quran.. and would u realy belive him if he said it was a mistake.. it is not a fair test ok. not fair for anyone....

Mohamed_Sadiq
05-26-2010, 03:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dagless
If the same incident happened in the same library how is that a fair test? There are no rules set in stone for this kind of thing. If it happens once people may overlook it but if it happens again and again people become sterner with punishments.
If someone put the Quran on the fiction shelf wouldn't it hurt your feelings?
Sometimes you have to do risky stuff for your religion and alhamdulilah I did it well, nothing bad happend.
There won't be Qur'an in the public libraries so I can't give you answer for that.

Life_Is_Short
05-26-2010, 03:50 PM
I am not surprised you got kicked out. You were given a voluntary post and as a volunteer (and not to mention a Muslim) you're supposed to behave like a sensible, responsible and mature human.

If i were you, I would go back and apologise.

Mohamed_Sadiq
05-26-2010, 03:52 PM
I must ask u a question...
how would u react if a christian person does the same thing to Quran.. and would u realy belive him if he said it was a mistake.. it is not a fair test ok. not fair for anyone....
Listen I am not going to let these Kuffars walk over us everytime so sometimes you have to do stuff to end Islamophobia, i think i should publish my experiment and result on my local newspaper, it will be eye opening for the lost Muslims that think these Kuffars are kings and stuff like that.

Mohamed_Sadiq
05-26-2010, 03:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Life_Is_Short
I am not surprised you got kicked out. You were given a voluntary post and as a volunteer (and not to mention a Muslim) you're supposed to behave like a sensible, responsible and mature human.

If i were you, I would go back and apologise.
Don't worry I told them the reason and everything and they felt stupid and they started to apolgise to me and told me to work again, then I told them that I don't want to and they asked me that they will change my reference and get rid off what they said about me and I told them its fine because the whole purpose of the experiment was to get that reference with that incident and compare it to the other person. Alhamdulilah everything worked, it was a nice experiment. It took us two months to carry it out.

shev
05-26-2010, 03:57 PM
Sometimes you have to do risky stuff for your religion and alhamdulilah I did it well, nothing bad happend.
There won't be Qur'an in the public libraries so I can't give you answer for that.
sorry u are wrong that doesn't make solution for islamaphobia... It gives wrong message about muslims. I would never do such a thing as a muslim so that shows your action is not for muslims.. it is against muslims. because I always respect people's thoughts. And there a re Quran's in muslim countries libraries

Life_Is_Short
05-26-2010, 04:02 PM
Well, In the future brother try not to carry out these experiments. Instead try to approach "lost" muslims on the street or invite fellow brothers to the mosque. At least that way you won't be hurting anyones feelings.

Mohamed_Sadiq
05-26-2010, 04:03 PM
sorry u are wrong that doesn't make solution for islamaphobia... It gives wrong message about muslims. I would never do such a thing as a muslim so that shows your action is not for muslims.. it is against muslims. because I always respect people's thoughts. And there a re Quran's in muslim countries libraries
Your not making sense, its like you support them or something.
You don't know how much this experiment has helped the lost Muslims to be aware what these Kuffars are really like, especially the Muslims that live in the Kuffar countries they are becoming westernised and are forgetting that the Kuffars are our enemies. Subhanallah don't condem my experiment.

Mohamed_Sadiq
05-26-2010, 04:11 PM
Well, In the future brother try not to carry out these experiments. Instead try to approach "lost" muslims on the street or invite fellow brothers to the mosque. At least that way you won't be hurting anyones feelings.
Some of the lost Muslim don't even pray and are very very very westernised so sometimes you have to think outside the box and be creative and think of other ways to give da'wah.

cat eyes
05-26-2010, 04:12 PM
Me and my friends stunt was a wake up call for certain Muslims that think that the non-muslims are lovely towards us, some certain Muslims have lost their religion and follow around non-muslims as if they are dogs and this stunt was a experiment to show Islamophobia is still present.
so what your basically saying is that we should steep as low as those who are islamophobia?

now that would be ignorance and blackening the name of islam even more. fear Allah and repent immediately

Mohamed_Sadiq
05-26-2010, 04:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
so what your basically saying is that we should steep as low as those who are islamophobia?

now that would be ignorance and blackening the name of islam even more. fear Allah and repent immediately
Don't you know of defending your religion? What do i need to repent from, I have done nothing bad at all, I never killed no one, I never attacked any1, I just made a experiment that caused zero harm.

PouringRain
05-26-2010, 04:29 PM
They have them in public libraries here in America.

Mohamed_Sadiq
05-26-2010, 04:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by PouringRain
Really?? That can't be possible thats not allowed at all. Is it a state library or is it a private library.

Mohamed_Sadiq
05-26-2010, 04:45 PM
If this is true then.....
How can the Muslims in America allow that? I think they are in deep sleep and the so called 'american dream' has got on their way.
How can they let the quran be put into that kind of environment? Where any random person can enter and do anything with. The quran is valuable and not to be put into those kind of places where all bad things happen. Subhanallah.

PouringRain
05-26-2010, 05:44 PM
I do not know if they technically state funded or privately funded libraries. Probably state? They are public libraries, but I know not all public libraries have the same types of funding. Here is an example from the NY public library. (I do not live in NY, but I thought I'd use it as an example since Aadil said he is going there in another thread. LOL ) These are just a few of the results:

http://catalog.nypl.org/iii/encore/r...ng&suite=pearl

Life_Is_Short
05-26-2010, 05:56 PM
Some of the lost Muslim don't even pray and are very very very westernised so sometimes you have to think outside the box and be creative and think of other ways to give da'wah.

I still don't agree this is the best way of giving daw'ah for several reasons but apart from proving that Islamophobia still exists, what did you get out of this?

aadil77
05-26-2010, 09:29 PM
don't worry about what others are saying, you made a point and you had reasons behind it

it is common that muslims will face different treatment compared to non muslims, you've just proved that to suckup muslims who refuse to believe it

its no big deal as it wasn't an actual job and you made it clear to them you didn't intend to offend anyone, I don't know why people are crying over it

shuraimfan4lyf
05-26-2010, 09:41 PM
There are two types of Respect when it comes to religion(in my opinion). People sometimes can respect a religion to a point that they will love it and slowly follow it for sake of respect. Then there is a respect as in, where you disagree about some points but you dont cuss at the people or say your God is this and that. But Islam is the only truth and the only religion that will prevail till Yawm al Qiyama. If brother Mohammed_Sadiq did that experiment but did not intend any harm because he wanted to see the difference in reaction then I think people should not whine about it. Afterall, he said that they didnt react the same way when a non-muslim moved the Bibles to the fiction area. and Allah is all-watching. Wa salamu alaykum

Life_Is_Short
05-26-2010, 09:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by shuraimfan4lyf
There are two types of Respect when it comes to religion(in my opinion). People sometimes can respect a religion to a point that they will love it and slowly follow it for sake of respect. Then there is a respect as in, where you disagree about some points but you dont cuss at the people or say your God is this and that. But Islam is the only truth and the only religion that will prevail till Yawm al Qiyama. If brother Mohammed_Sadiq did that experiment but did not intend any harm because he wanted to see the difference in reaction then I think people should not whine about it. Afterall, he said that they didnt react the same way when a non-muslim moved the Bibles to the fiction area. and Allah is all-watching. Wa salamu alaykum
:sl:Brother Mohammed_Sadiq didn't fully explain the whole reason behind why he did that in his first post. A person who would read that post would instantly think he intended to hurt others.

shuraimfan4lyf
05-26-2010, 09:55 PM
Where are you oh Mohammed Sadiq! we Need answers NOW! *interrogation mode*

Alpha Dude
05-26-2010, 10:27 PM
:sl:Brother Mohammed_Sadiq didn't fully explain the whole reason behind why he did that in his first post. A person who would read that post would instantly think he intended to hurt others.
It's like coming and saying "I punched a guy in the face today ;D" without any further explanation. The person punched might have been a mugger, but how are others to know? It's only natural they'd assume the worst.

Mohamed_Sadiq
05-26-2010, 10:36 PM
Ok brothers n sisters i think there is 2 much confusion. Let me get this clear, my library experiment was not to hurt nobody even though i absolutely did not hurt any1, also sorry for not explaining properly i thought u guys will understand but some of u didnt. Also this experiment that was conducted by me n my friends will benefit the muslims in my city in every way. Salaam

marwen
05-26-2010, 10:40 PM
Through the previous posts I think he said that he didn't intend to hurt anyone, but he tried to do an experience : he wanted to know what is the reaction if a muslim guy put the bible in another section, and this action is done by many non-muslims without serious reactions from the supervisors. But when a muslim did it he got a strong reaction.

I'm just trying to explain what I understood from the previous posts :

I did it on purpose it was a experiment that me and my friends were carrying out lool

Life_Is_Short
05-26-2010, 11:15 PM
Ok brothers n sisters i think there is 2 much confusion. Let me get this clear, my library experiment was not to hurt nobody even though i absolutely did not hurt any1, also sorry for not explaining properly i thought u guys will understand but some of u didnt. Also this experiment that was conducted by me n my friends will benefit the muslims in my city in every way. Salaam
Actually, none of us did until you presented the explanation and the title "lool funny incident" certainly didn't help.

Skavau
05-27-2010, 12:58 AM
The irony is massive here. The threadstarter and I had a discussion in another thread regarding the over-talked about cartoons of Mohammed where he repeatedly complained about a lack of respect towards Islam (and indeed, other religions).

Woodrow
05-27-2010, 01:16 AM
Today I was doing voluntary work in my local library and i was sorting out where to put certain books for different sections and I got kicked out of the library for putting all the Bibles in the Fiction Section, Lool it was mad!;D:raging:;D
CONFESSION TIME: I laughed when I read that

To be honest I would have been very tempted to do the same thing. What would keep me from doing it is age and experience. I have learned after years of mistakes that it is best to avoid sinking to the level of those who offend me. Since saying the shahadah I learned that as a Muslim I must strive to act better than non-Muslims and never do anything that may make Muslims look bad. Example and our actions are Da'wah and our Da'wah can either help a person find the path to Islam or discourage them from wanting to learn about Islam. Comedy is fun and enjoyable, but few people would ever follow a person they see as a clown.

Ummu Sufyaan
05-27-2010, 07:27 AM
im not saying that what people do against islam is right but brother, you must be careful not to offend those who dont offend you/Islam, for all you know they could turn around in retaliation and insult Islam (not good).

i know your intentions were good, but (to me) it doesn't make a difference, even if you did prove them wrong. every Muslim knows that we get picked on and harassed and for every hate mongering kaafir who does insult Islam, they will make up silly excuses to justify their actions anyway...so i doubt that your experiment would have concluded anything new anyway.

if you want to deal with this, advice your brothers and sisters on how to strengthen their iman, and if you find anything they did offensive, take it up though the proper means and channels first (its understandable if you done this as a last resort) such as speaking to those in authority to remove offensive material/rectify the matter etc.

aadil77
05-27-2010, 08:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skavau
The irony is massive here. The threadstarter and I had a discussion in another thread regarding the over-talked about cartoons of Mohammed where he repeatedly complained about a lack of respect towards Islam (and indeed, other religions).
Big difference mate, moving the location of a book doesn't quite compare to insulting the most important prophet in islam - by drawing him as a terrorist or an animal, the op had certain reasoning and intentions behind what he did, he proved it to the point that the library apoligised to him. So even the library acknowledged it wasn't an issue of lack of respect.

Mohamed_Sadiq
05-27-2010, 09:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skavau
You must be mad!!

Mohamed_Sadiq
05-27-2010, 09:06 AM
Actually, none of us did until you presented the explanation and the title "lool funny incident" certainly didn't help.
Well the title is just a title, hope you understand now. But why are you protective over christianity anyways? is not like I did something bad. You should never jump to conclusion just because of the title.

Cabdullahi
05-27-2010, 01:00 PM
warya! waxaad sameysey wa wax iskubuuqsan! hehe .....ha uu noqan mardhambe!

Life_Is_Short
05-27-2010, 01:38 PM
Well the title is just a title, hope you understand now. But why are you protective over christianity anyways? is not like I did something bad. You should never jump to conclusion just because of the title.
In what way am i being protective over christianity?

You're explaining an incident in writing, not face to face. If you can't be asked to explain yourself fully the first time round at least don't blame others for "jumping to conclusion".

^Did you expect us to congratulate you after reading that?

Skavau
05-27-2010, 02:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
Big difference mate, moving the location of a book doesn't quite compare to insulting the most important prophet in islam - by drawing him as a terrorist or an animal, the op had certain reasoning and intentions behind what he did, he proved it to the point that the library apoligised to him. So even the library acknowledged it wasn't an issue of lack of respect.
This is all very subjective, really. I have no doubt that the community on Rapture Ready would get very offended if you were to deliberately move the Bible to the fiction section to make a cheap point. Just as much perhaps as some Muslims might feel when they see Mohammed being mocked.

Asiyah3
05-27-2010, 02:43 PM
Do you have to touch another religion's holy book to prove something to the muslims? That's not a nice thing to do. I'm not judging you, I know your intention wasn't bad, but I'm judging the deed.There have been enough well-known incidents that show the attitude of non-muslims to muslims.

Asiyah3
05-27-2010, 02:44 PM
^Did you expect us to congratulate you after reading that?
Sister, mistakes happen.

Woodrow
05-27-2010, 02:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by **muslimah**
Sister, mistakes happen.

Agreed

and I am certain each of us has done far worse. Let us not condemn the thread starter for an understandable act. We may disagree with the action, but let us each stick only to why we disagree with the action and not judge nor condemn the intent.

The thread starter has an excellent reputation and has often shown signs of piety and high eeman Let us cease from trying to judge and condemn his intent.

Snowflake
05-27-2010, 03:48 PM
Lol, I thought it was funny until I realized it was an experiment. It's pointless to gauge their reactions though - just like their actions against muslims.

cat eyes
05-27-2010, 04:11 PM
im not judging you, but if u keep on doing stupid things like that, people are not always going to act so soft and cool about it. imagine if they turned around and started abusing our prophet (saw)? believe me i saw it happen before. i don't really know whether this little stunt helped anything or helped muslims in anyway. it was just something a child would do

Mohamed_Sadiq
05-27-2010, 04:43 PM
Alhamdulilah I am happy that i did that experiment and it helped a lot and also it helped others, if you think what i did was wrong then you have a soft heart, sometime you have to toughen up and do something that can put you into a tricky situation. Alhamudlilah everything went OK!

If i had the oppurtunity to do it again i would loved to do it. Its just an adventure and this adventure was a covert-experiment that went good. If u don't agree with the experiment then thats ur opinion and your more than welcome to give ur opinion as it is good to learn of other people's ideas.

Snowflake
05-27-2010, 05:02 PM
Alhamdulilah I am happy that i did that experiment and it helped a lot and also it helped others, if you think what i did was wrong then you have a soft heart, sometime you have to toughen up and do something that can put you into a tricky situation. Alhamudlilah everything went OK!

If i had the oppurtunity to do it again i would loved to do it. Its just an adventure and this adventure was a covert-experiment that went good. If u don't agree with the experiment then thats ur opinion and your more than welcome to give ur opinion as it is good to learn of other people's ideas.
Allah has already told us what is in their hearts. You do not need to be conducting experiments to know this. Your duty is to give dawah. Allah will give each soul what he earned. It's not our job to see who is thinking what.

Mohamed_Sadiq
05-27-2010, 05:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scents of Jannah
Allah has already told us what is in their hearts. You do not need to be conducting experiments to know this. Your duty is to give dawah. Allah will give each soul what he earned. It's not our job to see who is thinking what.

My experiment was not to see whats inside their hearts but to show the naive and lost muslims that they should watch out from these people. As all their kindness is just fake and how they want you to lose your religion. Basically my experiment was a wake up call for the lost muslims so that they dont follow them around like dogs. Hope you understand.

Snowflake
05-27-2010, 05:13 PM
Well you said it yourself that you wanted to see how they would react if a muslim did it. Anyway, whatever your reason brother, it isn't in any way benefiting you or others. InshaAllah, you can benefit lost muslims by calling them to the deen, then they will realize other things too. Do you understand?

Mohamed_Sadiq
05-27-2010, 05:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scents of Jannah
Well you said it yourself that you wanted to see how they would react if a muslim did it. Anyway, whatever your reason brother, it isn't in any way benefiting you or others. InshaAllah, you can benefit lost muslims by calling them to the deen, then they will realize other things too. Do you understand?
Afcourse there are many ways you can help a lost muslim and my experiment was one of it. Also afcourse i wanted to see their reaction so that i can prove it to those naive lost muslims that think these people are their brothers, subahanallah. Why don't you give out ur ideas, on how to show these lost naive muslims that these kuffars are not angels because there are muslims that think that these kuffars are the best.

cat eyes
05-27-2010, 05:42 PM
brother i just want to advise you for sake of Allah not to keep making these mistakes. its for your own good,

do you know the beauty of the believer is to be humble and kind to muslims and even non muslims. we must

be gentle and be careful of not making jokes or pulling funny stunts like that in future. you don't know who

you are going to end up hurting. it is totally haraam for us to take the piss out of other religions so this is a

sin thats why i told you to repent for it because it is not the character of a muslim. now Allah has given us

iman Alhamdulilah if we laugh at others, Allah could take it away. we should never be so proud and to

over confident in ourselves. why are you acting like they harmed you or something? i didnt get any

indication of that in your post. yes i might be soft but no kaffir has drove me out of my home yet :)

Alhamduliah.

Mohamed_Sadiq
05-27-2010, 05:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
brother i just want to advise you for sake of Allah not to keep making these mistakes. its for your own good,

do you know the beauty of the believer is to be humble and kind to muslims and even non muslims. we must

be gentle and be careful of not making jokes or pulling funny stunts like that in future. you don't know who

you are going to end up hurting. it is totally haraam for us to take the piss out of other religions so this is a

sin thats why i told you to repent for it because it is not the character of a muslim. now Allah has given us

iman Alhamdulilah if we laugh at others, Allah could take it away. we should never be so proud and to

over confident in ourselves. why are you acting like they harmed you or something? i didnt get any

indication of that in your post. yes i might be soft but no kaffir has drove me out of my home yet :)

Alhamduliah.
Jazakallah sister for your concerns, i know you seem upset with my action (experiment) and also as i was aware of my actions, i did not hurt any1, ok maybe i broke those naive lost muslims heart by showing them what their so called friends are but no other harm was done. Lol.
Sometimes you have to do something to remind others of their purpose of life and not to get distracted by the kuffars. Also afcourse these Kuffars did something to me but also to all my Muslims sisters and brothers in the world.

Insha allah everything wil be khair, and thanks for your opinion.

Woodrow
05-27-2010, 05:50 PM
Afcourse there are many ways you can help a lost muslim and my experiment was one of it. Also afcourse i wanted to see their reaction so that i can prove it to those naive lost muslims that think these people are their brothers, subahanallah. Why don't you give out ur ideas, on how to show these lost naive muslims that these kuffars are not angels because there are muslims that think that these kuffars are the best.

Good point.

Each person has different skills in how to do Da'wah. What works for me may not work for you and vice versa.

For myself I have never been able to use pointing out the wrongs of others as a means to guide to what is right. It always ends up doing no more than showing that somebody is bad, but it does nothing to show Islam is right. If I could show that every non-Muslim on earth is evil, it would in no way show that Islam is good it would simply raise the thought that all people including Muslims are evil and for my self it would back fire and drive a person to atheism before it pointed them towards Islam.

If I tried to use that method as a means to teach naive Muslims not to follow the Kaffirs, I would run into similar problems. Or worse I would find myself teaching them to stereotype people and see no hope or need to spread Islam to the Kaffir.

Also if I tried it I fear it could raise admiration of the Kaffir as it would show the Kaffir will protect their Bible. My trying that would most likely result in the naive finding an attraction for Christianity. I could end up accidentally encouraging a weak Muslim to become an apostate.

For myself the best approach is to simply show the truth about Islam and let that truth be the defense against any kaffir.

But, what I find to work for me does not mean it will work for somebody else.

glo
05-27-2010, 07:56 PM
Let me get this right.
You (a) did something which you thought might (b) provoke Christians to react angrily, so you could (c) then demonstrate their reactions to those Muslims which you believe are too positive towards Christians (people you believe to be bad Muslims on account of giving Christians too much respect), hoping that (d) it would turn those Muslims away from their Christian friends?

Am I the only one who thinks this is very strange? :uuh:

It doesn't sound like Da'wah to me at all. It's more like manipulating a situation to create a negative reaction, which can then be used to cause a rift and tension and discord between two groups of people who should really learn to live in peace and harmony with each other! :hmm:

shuraimfan4lyf
05-27-2010, 08:12 PM
Honestly, I laughed when I read the first post. It shouldnt be a big deal and I dont consider it as a mistake. So stop complaining and repeating the same points again and again. Thread should be closed now.

PouringRain
05-27-2010, 09:03 PM
I will just say that the experiment was not sucessful. I agree with Dagless, on the first page, that when something has been done once it can be overlooked, but when something is done repeatedly then people stop overlooking it and start punishing the actions. The fact that this happened once before and the perpetrator went unpunished, but the second time the perpetrator was punished, does not demonstrate that Muslims are being treated differently. It only demonstrates that the library is not going to continue to allow individuals to victimize them. If a non-muslim went in and volunteered, and in a month from now did the same thing, I would bet money the individual would also be fired and given a bad recommendation. (And I am not a betting woman.)

Relocating the Bibles does not offend me in any way, but if I worked in the library I would be upset by the fact that is wastes my time and money to locate the Bibles and re-shelve them back in their original location. The harm comes through wasting my valuable time at work (and money) if I am employed there.

I just wanted to add that I am not saying this to be critical of Mohamed_Sadiq. I think he had good intentions, despite the fact that is really was a poor experiment.

glo
05-28-2010, 01:14 PM
I agree that the action of moving the Bibles into the fiction section of the library does not offend me. I know plenty of people who would consider the Bible fictional rather than factual. ;D
And quite honestly, the Bible does contain many passages of songs, poetry, parables and allegories - literary genres which most would consider to be fictional. So not much of a problem there.

What I do find offensive is the notion of provoking disharmony and conflict between Muslims and non-Muslims. That doesn't sound Islamic to me at all! Are Muslims not called to live - if at all possible - peacefully and in harmony with their non-Muslim neighbours?
In that sense I have to say that I cannot consider the OP's intentions to be good and laudable ... :hmm:

Asiyah3
05-28-2010, 01:38 PM
Peace,
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
Let me get this right.
You (a) did something which you thought might (b) provoke Christians to react angrily, so you could (c) then demonstrate their reactions to those Muslims which you believe are too positive towards Christians (people you believe to be bad Muslims on account of giving Christians too much respect), hoping that (d) it would turn those Muslims away from their Christian friends?
You could rather put it this way.

(a )A Christian did something which was done nothing about. (b) A Muslim did the same thing and received strong reactions.
(c) He wanted to show that Muslims receive different reactions/treatment. (d) to his Muslim friends who trust Christians blindly.

Am I the only one who thinks this is very strange? :uuh:
So far no one has agreed with his deed. Some, however, consider that his intention wasn't to offend.

glo
05-28-2010, 02:15 PM
Peace,

You could rather put it this way.

(a )A Christian did something which was done nothing about. (b) A Muslim did the same thing and received strong reactions.
(c) He wanted to show that Muslims receive different reactions/treatment. (d) to his Muslim friends who trust Christians blindly.
Do we know that the first person to moved the Bibles was a Christian? I only recall reading that it was a non-Muslim.

Either way, as people have already pointed out this is a false experiment, because other contributing factors have not been ruled out - and that's the problem.
As Dagless and Pouring Rain already stated, the reaction of the librarian might have been accumulative (as in s/he was getting fed up with people moving books into the wrong section), rather than to do with the beliefs of faiths of those who committed the act. Therefore the conclusion that the librarian acted out of anti-Islamic intentions is by no means proven and is an assumption only.

But I suppose shuraimfan4lyf is right. We are going round in circles and repeat points which have already been made by others before us ...

So far no one has agreed with his deed. Some, however, consider that his intention wasn't to offend.
I can accept that statement. :)

Asiyah3
05-28-2010, 02:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
Do we know that the first person to moved the Bibles was a Christian? I only recall reading that it was a non-Muslim.
True say. I didn't pay much attention to that.

Mohamed_Sadiq
05-28-2010, 02:44 PM
Just think what you want, i don't care!!!
I am happy with my result so everything is good!!!!
also iam not the only 1 that has this kind of experiment.

There are many types of experiments i will upload some video later on. So that you can see types of experiments that go on the world.

Karina
05-28-2010, 02:52 PM
Strange that such serious subject matter as this should have the solemn title, "Lool funny incident".

Mohamed_Sadiq
05-28-2010, 02:56 PM
True say. I didn't pay much attention to that.
The person was a athiest therefore non-muslim, anyways it don't matter what religion they are cause they are all the same through the muslims eyes, you should already know that.

Asiyah3
05-28-2010, 02:58 PM
you should already know that.
Perhaps there is a reason I don't.

Mohamed_Sadiq
05-28-2010, 03:09 PM
These videos are experiment done by the abc channel regarding Muslims and how they get treated.

Nájlá
05-28-2010, 03:31 PM
Mohamed_Sadiq- I honestly laughed when I first read your first post... But you need to be careful with your 'experiments' You need to know firstly the person really well, if they are actually haters of Islam or Muslims... It could have turned out that they weren't and they only just shouted at you because it has already happened before not because your a muslim. Like Dangless and PouringRain said.

Anyway I think its time to close the thread? No? :/

Mohamed_Sadiq
05-28-2010, 03:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nájlá
Mohamed_Sadiq- I honestly laughed when I first read your first post... But you need to be careful with your 'experiments' You need to know firstly the person really well, if they are actually haters of Islam or Muslims... It could have turned out that they weren't and they only just shouted at you because it has already happened before not because your a muslim. Like Dangless and PouringRain said.

Anyway I think its time to close the thread? No? :/
well why did they apologise wen I told them it was experiment and also begged me to change wat they wrote in my reference. afcurse they reacted negatively because i was a muslim but also not a kuffar lover. Seriously the experiment paid off.
There is no reason to close this thread just cause some people are against wat i did. I really don't care.

Muslim Woman
05-28-2010, 03:53 PM
Salaam

... this same Incident happened in the same library but a non-muslims did it and nothing happend, no actions was taken,
did u ask them why no action was taken earlier to that non -Muslim ?

Mohamed_Sadiq
05-28-2010, 04:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman
Salaam

did u ask them why no action was taken earlier to that non -Muslim ?
I didn't need to. Even if i did i would have low validity, basically they would have lied.

glo
05-28-2010, 06:36 PM
well why did they apologise wen I told them it was experiment and also begged me to change wat they wrote in my reference.
What their reaction could also indicate in an increased sensitivity in not wanting to appear Islamophobic in the present political climate.
Many Muslims are feeling vulnerable and ill-treated at the moment, and I am sure that especially public services such as libraries would not wish to be accused of such inequalities.

xsmilesx
05-28-2010, 06:37 PM
LOL. This made me laugh! :)

Nájlá
05-28-2010, 07:58 PM
well why did they apologise wen I told them it was experiment and also begged me to change wat they wrote in my reference. afcurse they reacted negatively because i was a muslim but also not a kuffar lover. Seriously the experiment paid off.
There is no reason to close this thread just cause some people are against wat i did. I really don't care.
Maybe because they reacted towards you and not the other person? And this doesn't mean they reacted towards you because you are Muslim. You know if i was one of the staff and the exact thing happened to me but me being a Muslim and didn't reacted towards the muslim guy but reacted to the non-Muslim, I would have shouted at the 2nd person no matter what's his religion... Because I'd be thinking you guys got together both Muslim and non-muslim and are playing a joke on me. I'd think it can't be a 2nd mistake.

Think about it if they were haters of Muslims, do you think they would have let you work with them in the first place.

I know you intentions are pure, and Alhamdulillah ended fine. But next time just be careful, I do believe that there's different types of one can give dawah like the way in the video you posted.
If you want to get people’s reactions you could do that without having to get people involved in something they don't want to be in like the staff. Like in that Video you posted... People chose to get involved, No one told them join someone's side.... That's the type of Experiments I'd like to see... I hope you got what I mean.

Close the thread because, people are just repeating themselves and there’s no need. Those who you wanted to laugh with had their laugh and btw laughed to. Those who want to say it was wrong there’s enough members whose said so already and those that wanted to say what you did was alright have said so. I duno I just think it shouldn’t be going round in circles anymore.

Muslim Woman
05-28-2010, 11:44 PM
Salaam.

May be , it would have been better if u asked ur those friends to do the ' experiment ' who trust others blindly.

anyway , try to find some alternate next time .

PouringRain
06-24-2010, 01:58 AM
Really?? That can't be possible thats not allowed at all. Is it a state library or is it a private library.
If this is true then.....
How can the Muslims in America allow that? I think they are in deep sleep and the so called 'american dream' has got on their way.
How can they let the quran be put into that kind of environment? Where any random person can enter and do anything with. The quran is valuable and not to be put into those kind of places where all bad things happen. Subhanallah.
I do not know if they technically state funded or privately funded libraries. Probably state? They are public libraries, but I know not all public libraries have the same types of funding. Here is an example from the NY public library. (I do not live in NY, but I thought I'd use it as an example since Aadil said he is going there in another thread. LOL ) These are just a few of the results:

Sorry to revive this thread, I just wanted to tell Mohamed_Sadiq something that relates to the part of the conversation that i quoted here. :)

I was at a public library book sale the other day and guess what was one of the books they were discarding/selling. The Qur'an! I bought it, only to get it home and realize that it was only the first half of it. LOL I wonder who bought the second half before I arrived? Or perhaps that is the reason they were getting rid of this lone-first-half, because the second half may have disappeared from their collection. Who publishes the Qur'an in two-volume books? I have never heard of that before. I have only seen them as a single complete work before. Anyhow, I am now the owner of one and a half Qur'ans..... and I still do not have a translation I like.

Mohamed_Sadiq
06-25-2010, 08:27 AM
^^ Lol thanks PouringRain, yes you can get the Holy Quran in sections its easier for small children and others that need it in small sections, but i can't believe that they are selling quran in public libraries, i mean these days people that hate Islam create fake Quran, so PouringRain be careful when you buy Quran specially as u r not a muslim. ( I am sure u know but you have to be clean when you pick up the quran) I have heard that these American groups are producing them to spoil Islam but those groups will never get rid off the quran only Allah can and this will be one of the signs of Judgement day where allah vanishes the verses in the Quran thats why many Muslims memories the Quran by heart and its easy to do so.

Its the Quran a translated quran by the way? and if u don't mind how much did you bought it for?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!