/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why do you believe?

Beetr
05-27-2010, 10:36 AM
There is a saying "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof", all religions make extraordinary claims but provide no proof for their claims. Many religions claim to be "the truth" and that all other religions are either partly or completely wrong.

I don't subscribe to "truth without proof", so what is it about Islam that makes you think it is of supernatural origin?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muhammad
06-04-2010, 07:44 PM
Hello and welcome to the forum Beetr,

Sorry for the long delay in approving your thread. Hopefully you will get some replies soon. :)

tango92
06-04-2010, 07:53 PM
this:

Do not the Unbelievers see that the heavens and the earth were joined together (as one unit of creation), before we clove them asunder? We made from water every living thing. Will they not then believe? 21:30

thats the big bang theory mentioned by an illiterate man centuries before it was discovered. there are many other scientific miracles in the quran. not to mention the quran is a literary miracle in its own right.

Abu Zainab
06-04-2010, 08:09 PM
Dear Beetr if you don't want to believe and you are "convinced" that there is no God in the first place, no matter how many proofs we give to you it will not have any effect on your beliefs.

Let me ask you...if I say that the concept of Big Bang (and that the universe is constantly expanding) is clearly described in the quran which was revealed 1400 years ago, would you consider that - and similar other scientific information present in the quran - as a proof?

You see this was a time when people believed that the earth was flat, the sun revolves around the earth etc.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Islam_1100
06-05-2010, 06:19 AM
mmmm,me i am on the truth path u know why?first i beleive that the quran is the say of Allah ,u know how coz everything is in quran even the ppl didn't know that there is 11 planet and two other planets (moon,sun) but there is in the quran,and quran is from 1400years from now maybe more!!!!!!!,secondly quran mentionned that there is no gud to eat pigs,drink wine,beer.......and u see the problems ppl who drink have wether in their health or in thier life,sunnah our prophet SAW never lied in his words and he talked to us abt what is going to happend and really it happend he said that alots of ppl will be muslims from all the world and it is true,he said there will be woman more than man in the world and it is tru!!!,he said that there will be alots of ppl who dies with heart attacks and it is true,he said that there will be ppl who hate having children and raise dogs and it it is ture!!!!!!!!!!and also Islam is a religion wich protect the muslim for his benefit and theire gud and garentee his life to be gud

espada
06-05-2010, 07:15 PM
The life of the Prophet Muhammed (SAW) and the Quran.

I've read a lot of books (novels, textbooks, etc.), news, magazines and the like but not one of them seems to breathe and come alive when I read it, like the Quran.

And in regards to the Prophet Muhammed (SAW), from the answering of the dua of the Prophet Ibrahim (AS), to his birth in Mecca (which at the time was virtually unknown), through his early life into prophethood, through all the wars, his illiteracy ... everything really. A life so complete and honored, regardless of what the haters say.

tango92
06-06-2010, 04:29 PM
the first step to belief is to look into the signs of God. like the perfect order of the universe, the human intellect which seperates us rom animals and gives us purpose. these alone are enough to know of gods existence. most people then ask, why did Allah create the universe? the answer can be found through the true message of Allah, and that is quran.

Candle
06-06-2010, 10:09 PM
I would say I believe not because of the outward signs, though those are perfectly good reasons; rather, I feel an innate tendency towards the existence of a God, an unmoved mover, a creator and sustainer. It seems to me that the great contemporary thinkers have forgot the same arguments which established their study. Life cannot be produced from that which doesn't live--at least by natural processes. The universe will end; it will collapse. And that which ends must also begin. What caused the begining? That which starts also requires one to start it. Sit under the stars and tell me it doesn't comfort man to think on God..

Seek
06-22-2010, 10:33 PM
Salam Alaykum my brother,

I have an Atheist friend, he once was a very practicing Catholic for 20 years of his life. He has found it not to be true, according to him. Now he is looking for another religion. I expect it to be another branch from Christianity? He says no. He is seriously considering Islam, because of the scientific evidence it has about the existence of a creator, believe me, there is no other explanation for them. If you like science, just go to youtube and type scientific miracles in the Quran. They are stunning.

There is another information you need to know. We really don't need to make you believe, its rather your choice. Everyone has his choice of being under a religion or not. Our quest is to spread the word, want to believe or not. You have the freedom, use it.

Muslimeen
06-25-2010, 02:05 PM
It simply just ties everything up. Every question is answered. No other religion can quite as comprehensively answer all the questions about a persons existence. Islam tells us everything, from long before we were created and sent onto earth. It tells us about the land of the souls, then it teaches us about life in this world, a complete a way of life from childhood until death. It does not stop there, we are told what happends to a person at the time of his death, what happends to the soul when it departs from the body, where it goes, what happends to a person in his grave, what will happen on the day of judgement, the horrors of the day of judgement, and even beyond that, heaven and hell detailed descriptions of both heaven and hell and who will be the dwellers of both abodes. The best part is, it tells us exactly how to save ourselves from hell and attain heaven. No other religion is so comprehensive. Islam just has all the answers. It is man's inability to sufficiently comprehend that has left him at a total loss.

Hussein radi
06-26-2010, 03:57 PM
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof"
that will destroy our purpose of living. Our lives are merely a test. For god to provide proof is like a teacher providing answers to a test.

Hussein radi
06-26-2010, 04:01 PM
There is a saying "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof", all religions make extraordinary claims but provide no proof for their claims.
That will destroy our life's purpose. Our lives are merely a test. For god to provide proof is like a teacher providing test answers to the students.

Masuma
06-27-2010, 11:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Beetr
There is a saying "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof", all religions make extraordinary claims but provide no proof for their claims. Many religions claim to be "the truth" and that all other religions are either partly or completely wrong.

I don't subscribe to "truth without proof", so what is it about Islam that makes you think it is of supernatural origin?
The Holy Quran and Prophet's ahadith is the definite proof for the truthfulness of Islam. (If you want further detailed explanations then I would love to give it to you :))

Prophet Muhammad's whole life is a proof for Islam.

The natural religion Islam, the very logic behind the teachings is a proof for it's truth.

And like this we can go on and on! :)

So you want to learn about Islam ? :statisfie

Woodrow
06-30-2010, 01:14 AM
For me this is a 2 part question, part A being "Why do I believe in God and God is Allaah(swt)" Part B being "why do I believe Islam is the true revelation of Allaah(swt)

Without going into part A and trying to answer specifiacall what you asked:

It was a very long path I walked to get to Islam and I wasted many years on side ventures. nearly 50 years ago when I was an evangelical missionary trying to convert Muslims to Christianity, I never would have believed I would one day accept Islam. In trying to deny Islam, I eventually discovered, the Qur'an was true and after a very extensive study of linguistics I could only come to the conclusion that no human mind conceived the concept of the Qur'an. So in simplicity and a bit corny answer: I tried the rest and stopped at the best.

Dirt 101
07-02-2010, 06:46 PM
There is only one proof. It is, Seeing.

See first. God is very near that Light and Breath within the Temple of this Living Human Body.
Prepare, ask, and you will surely recieve. Whom you ask is key. Seek.

When you have seen... then, belief will take on a new meaning. Everything will have new meaning.

Masuma
07-05-2010, 02:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dirt 101

See first. God is very near that Light and Breath within the Temple of this Living Human Body.

When you have seen... then, belief will take on a new meaning. Everything will have new meaning.
:) And here "seeing implies what brother?" :statisfie

Dirt 101
07-06-2010, 01:05 AM
Exactly that. A belief is like a trust in something. Some great claims may require a proof rather than trust.
I should think that the greatest claim should merit the greatest proof possible. How will I know?

Someone in Africa informs me I shall receive ten-million dollars. All I have to do is have faith and trust, by sending
five-thousand ahead for expenses. Naturally, I am excited by the promise. This money will solve all my problems.

Shall I have belief, faith and trust in this case?

If I'am going to put out so much up front, shouldn't there be some proof?

Listen to this, for instance...

Q. What is The Kingdom of Light?

A. These are the two paths that are forever: The Path of Light and the path of darkness.
One leads to the land of never-returning, the other returns to sorrow.

and...

In my mercy I dwell in their Hearts and I dispel their darkness of ignorance by the Light of the Lamp of Wisdom.
Of the many paths of reason, I am the one that leads to Truth.
But you can never see me with your mortal eyes. I will give you Divine Sight.

And lastly...

I have heard the mystery, taught by... the Master himself.

So. That is how to know the reality of the thing.
That is how to know.
It was true, is true now and will always be true.

Seek that one. Seek that source now while you are alive.

What we all seek is that reality, that peace and perfection which is within. It is not found on the outside.
Seek that Teacher who can deliver on the promise. Seek that Messenger of Peace. What is taught and shown
may be compared and tested. It is not for those who refuse to learn; who have closed their hearts
for one reason or another or those who come to argue or cause problems. It is for seekers of Truth.
It is everyone's right and responsibility to know the Truth of these matters.

We shouldn't limit God in any way. God cannot even limit himself for long!
Even the poorest businessperson has to be allowed the freedom and creative
right to alter his or her business plan from time-to-time.
Same way with God. Who can say that our prayers and the secret cries of our Hearts
are not to be answered? Who wants to be responsible to declare that it is not possible? Who wants to say
that His Love and Understanding and Peace, for all peoples in this world, should not or cannot be?

Muslimeen
07-06-2010, 09:29 AM

Seeing totally eradicates the reason for having faith. They can't co-exist. If you see, it is obvious you will believe, but will you believe if you don't see?? If you have not seen does that mean it does not exist?? Take an orphan child for example, he has never seen his parents, does that mean they never existed??

Besides seeing does not always mean people will believe, many prophets have shown many miracles to their people, did all of them believe?? You simply cannot expect to see allah in this world. Moosa (As) wanted to see Allah, a mere glimpse turned a mountain into dust.

Dirt 101
07-06-2010, 02:23 PM
Let me put it this way...

God is within. Prophet Jesus (as you call him (no problem)), is reputed to have said, "The kingdom of heaven is within". Was he mistaken? Let us confine ourselves to the time before his death. Was he mistaken? What does it mean to be baptized with light?

Our concepts and ideas about the entire subject, gathered from here and there during our life, may not reflect the reality.

Are you expert in any subject? Do you know something well? And have you seen your subject of expertise portrayed on television or in a movie? Do you know what I mean? The theatric presentation doesn't come close to portraying the subject accurately. On a medical program, they have to hire actual doctors to advise the scriptwriter so some accuracy can be shown!

Not everything can or should be written into a book. If there is no Knowledge given by the Living Master or Teacher of the time,
what is the purpose for them living? But time and again they have come. Their reality is recorded in certain writings, as you know.

When they have come, only a few could recognize. Many more rejected, criticized, said it was not possible or were following a Master or teaching of some time past.

For example... one can read reviews of a restaurant's offerings and even look at a menu, but a written review or even a menu with pictures cannot be tasted... only imagined. And, while the imagination is very powerful, it will never fill one's hunger.

Let us say... before you met your wife, could you have faith in her? However, once married, you can have complete trust.
Is this not so?

In the Koran, there is a verse... (I can't give the number or title, but).... A similitude of his likeness is as a light hidden within a niche.... neither of the east nor the west. (indicating somewhere free from an earthly n.s.e.w. direction.) This "niche" is within.
It was placed there though there was no one to place it! Rather amazing, actually....

The reality of this light is within. It really is a simple thing, but difficult for some to approach. It can depend on one's previous studies. If you have read that it is impossible, you will act from that point of belief. If you have read or heard otherwise...
your chances are much better. Perhaps again, there is room for faith here... Can you have faith in my words? Can you have a little faith in my experience?

The Master is like a fruit tree. Eventually, that tree will grow old. It's limbs will wither. But if shoots were taken from that viable tree and grafted onto a young tree... the essence of the original tree will continue. This original essence is still alive and viable today; it has been passed on very, very successfully! Taste and you will know. Simple.

Masuma
07-06-2010, 07:28 PM
Exactly that. A belief is like a trust in something. Some great claims may require a proof rather than trust.
100% agree with that! :statisfie

I should think that the greatest claim should merit the greatest proof possible.
Again, totally agree! :)

Q. What is The Kingdom of Light?

A. These are the two paths that are forever: The Path of Light and the path of darkness.
One leads to the land of never-returning, the other returns to sorrow.

and...

In my mercy I dwell in their Hearts and I dispel their darkness of ignorance by the Light of the Lamp of Wisdom.
Of the many paths of reason, I am the one that leads to Truth.
But you can never see me with your mortal eyes. I will give you Divine Sight.

And lastly...

I have heard the mystery, taught by... the Master himself.

So. That is how to know the reality of the thing.
That is how to know.
It was true, is true now and will always be true.

Seek that one. Seek that source now while you are alive.

What we all seek is that reality, that peace and perfection which is within. It is not found on the outside.
Seek that Teacher who can deliver on the promise. Seek that Messenger of Peace. What is taught and shown
may be compared and tested. It is not for those who refuse to learn; who have closed their hearts
for one reason or another or those who come to argue or cause problems. It is for seekers of Truth.
It is everyone's right and responsibility to know the Truth of these matters.
Didn't understand it at all! I'm sorry! :( it's bible, right, from where you quoted? It is so difficult to understand! Again sorry.

We shouldn't limit God in any way.
Yes, we shouldn't.

God cannot even limit himself for long!
just guessing, your Christian right? :) God CAN limit Himself if He WILLS, but why would He will it at all? :)

So what that "seeing" was implying? Sorry if you have already answered. :-\

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!