/* */

PDA

View Full Version : owing money

orange
05-27-2010, 05:28 PM
salaam

I recently gave some money to someone as in my past i was once booked a non refundable holiday which then coukdnt go to - afraid of losing all that money i reported my card stolen so they couldnt take the money -

Now i asked for Allahs forgiveness but then also payed back what i thought i owed to a charity
My question is was paying it back wrong as i asked for forgivness from Allah or did i do the right thing???

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hamza Asadullah
05-30-2010, 06:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by orange
salaam

I recently gave some money to someone as in my past i was once booked a non refundable holiday which then coukdnt go to - afraid of losing all that money i reported my card stolen so they couldnt take the money -

Now i asked for Allahs forgiveness but then also payed back what i thought i owed to a charity
My question is was paying it back wrong as i asked for forgivness from Allah or did i do the right thing???
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb no it was not wrong at all because as Muslims we are supposed to honour agreements to pay so you have done the right thing.

and Allah knows best in all matters

shuraimfan4lyf
05-30-2010, 06:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by orange
salaam

Wa alaykum salam, So you gave the money back to the credit card company or the person you owed to?

orange
06-03-2010, 08:13 AM
Well i didnt give it back to the site where i booked the holiday or the bank cos i didnt know how to or which site it was booked from -
so i gave what i though i owed back to some islamic charity

why was this wrong - should i have not done this???

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!