/* */

PDA

View Full Version : marrying in shia mosque

layla is here
05-27-2010, 05:40 PM
hi,
please provide me with an answer if it is permissible for sunni muslims to marry in a shia mosque?
I would like evidence from quran and hadith as to wheither it is permissible.
Thank-you.
Layla :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
05-28-2010, 08:40 AM
There is no sunni mosque, there is no shia mosque. Every mosque is opened for all Muslims. But there are mosques that built or dominated by sunnis, there are mosques that built or dominated by shias.

It is OK if sunni does nikah in mosque that built or dominated by shia, as long as this sunni does his nikah according to his madhab.

YusufNoor
05-29-2010, 03:14 PM
Peace Sister,

there were ABSOLUTELY ZERO, NONE REPEAT NO shi'a in the time of the Prophet, PBUH, nor in the reign of Abu Bakr, Umar ibn al Kittaab or Uthmann. ergo, you will find NO Ahadeeth or anything in the Qur'an validating ONE SINGLE belief held by shi'a that differs from Islam.

your only contact with the shi'a should be to make dawah to them.

wa Salaam

Somaiyah
05-30-2010, 07:23 PM
Assalamo alaykom,

I just want to point out that there do exist shia and sunni mosques. In the city where I live there is a shia mosque where they only have salah and khutba after what shia believe in, if a sunni went there you would be totally confused. The sunni mosque can talk about how we shall make dawah for the shia Muslims etc. But in mosques where it's just the majority who belong to shia or sunni and therefore called a shia mosque or sunni mosque, it's different. But when it's pointed out totally that it's only for shia Muslims or sunni Muslims it's just for the certain group. It's bad to have it this way, but I just wanted to explain it.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
MIL0
06-04-2010, 11:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by YusufNoor
Peace Sister,

there were ABSOLUTELY ZERO, NONE REPEAT NO shi'a in the time of the Prophet, PBUH, nor in the reign of Abu Bakr, Umar ibn al Kittaab or Uthmann. ergo, you will find NO Ahadeeth or anything in the Qur'an validating ONE SINGLE belief held by shi'a that differs from Islam.

your only contact with the shi'a should be to make dawah to them.

wa Salaam
ALLAH HAVE MERCY; Dear brother or sister! you are not aloud to say such offending words to shi'as, just because you are sunni. I herd from a shi'a freind of mine; "i don't go on sunni forums because they aren't open minded and they are agianst shia's."

YOU ARE CREATING SEPERATION BETWEEN MUSLIMS JUST BECAUSE OF DIFFRENCE IN SECT. PLEASE STOP IT.

i call myself a muslim, NOT a sunni, I do this JUST to comfort the diffrent muslims sects around me. May Allah forgive you for what you have said.

peaceandlove
06-05-2010, 06:16 PM
The Glorious Qur’an says:

"And hold fast, All together, by the rope Which Allah (stretches out for you), and be not divided among yourselves;" [Al-Qur’an 3:103]

"As for those who divide Their religion and break up Into sects, thou hast No part in them in the least: Their affair is with Allah: He will in the end Tell them the truth Of all that they did." [Al-Qur’an 6:159

As there were no sunni or shia at the time of Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him , so how can you find a haish about this?

MIL0
06-07-2010, 02:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by peaceandlove

"And hold fast, All together, by the rope Which Allah (stretches out for you), and be not divided among yourselves;" [Al-Qur’an 3:103]

"As for those who divide Their religion and break up Into sects, thou hast No part in them in the least: Their affair is with Allah: He will in the end Tell them the truth Of all that they did." [Al-Qur’an 6:159

As there were no sunni or shia at the time of Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him , so how can you find a haish about this?
i'm sorry i donot understand, is this directed to me?
If so, what does haish mean? i searched it up "dictionary.reference.com/browse/haish+" and not nothing came up.

Woodrow
06-07-2010, 05:15 AM
Let us all stay on topic and not turn this into a sectarian thread, which will result in it being deleted.

Raziah
06-07-2010, 07:40 AM
There is no sunni mosque, there is no shia mosque.So there is no problem at all.

MIL0
06-08-2010, 04:58 AM
my bad woodrow

Ibrahim_K
06-24-2010, 08:52 AM
Salaam!

I see the mosque in Malmö in your profile picture! I live there too! Do you have MSN? I'm sorry, but I can't send private messages as a limited member, I hope the moderators can tolerate this because I would like to come into contact with muslims in my own city. Please send your mail to me so we can establish contact.

Muslimeen
06-24-2010, 09:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by MIL0
ALLAH HAVE MERCY; Dear brother or sister! you are not aloud to say such offending words to shi'as, just because you are sunni. I herd from a shi'a freind of mine; "i don't go on sunni forums because they aren't open minded and they are agianst shia's."

YOU ARE CREATING SEPERATION BETWEEN MUSLIMS JUST BECAUSE OF DIFFRENCE IN SECT. PLEASE STOP IT.

i call myself a muslim, NOT a sunni, I do this JUST to comfort the diffrent muslims sects around me. May Allah forgive you for what you have said.

Maybe you should read more about Shia's and the origin. They curse the Sahaba (Ra) may allah be pleased with them. They believe the quran has 40 para's and many other innovations which lead them possibly to the verge of Kufr. Allah knows best.

Some of the major Shia beliefs below:

1. Together with the testifying of the Oneness of Allah and accepting the Prophethood of Rasoolullah (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam), it is also a condition of Imaan to testify to the Imaamat of the 12 Imaams.
2. It is Fardh to follow the A'IMMA in the same manner as a Muslim ought to follow Rasoolullah (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam).
3. MU'TAH (Temporary Marriage) is not only JAA'IZ but also a source of great blessings and Sawaabs. Temporary marriage amongst the SHIAS does not require the procedure of Nikah as shown to us by Rasoolullah (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam). It is just a temporary agreement between a man and a woman either to spend the night, a week, a month or a year together for the purposes of satisfying their lust.
4. The chain of Prophethood is not complete, but rather it is still in progress in the form of the appearance of Imaams from time to time.
5. The QURAN SHAREEF has two-thirds of its volume missing. The present form only represents one-third of the original Quran.
6. The original Quran was that which was compiled by Sayyiduna Ali (radi Allahu anhu) and Imaam-e-Ghaib, the hidden Imaam who will appear with it in the future.
7. TAQIYYAH is Fardh. Taqiyyah is a Shia'ite practice of concealing the truth for the purposes of misleading unsuspecting people into the Shia'ite fold.
8. After Rasoolullah (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) left this world only few Sahabas were steadfast in spreading Islam. The rest turned apostate or MURTADDS (one who is out of the fold of Islam). The four Ashaabs accepted by the Shi'ites are:-
a. Sayyiduna Salman Farsi (radi Allahu anhu),
b. Sayyiduna Abu Zarr Ghaffari (radi Allahu anhu),
c. Sayyiduna Miqdad bin Aswad (radi Allahu anhu) and
d. Sayyiduna Amaar bin Yaasir (radi Allahu anhu)
e. Imaamat is the fifth pillar of Islam, the rejection

MIL0
06-26-2010, 04:18 AM
Assalamualikum

oh muslimeen brother or sister,
jazakalla for the information that you have provided me with.
STILL. is this any reason to hate on our fellow muslim brothers with a different sect?

brother woodrow, i know u wouldn't like us further discussing this matter but let me pull out the quranic verse which indicates that separation between ourselves is bad. it weakens all muslims.

MIL0
06-26-2010, 04:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by peaceandlove

"As for those who divide Their religion and break up Into sects, thou hast No part in them in the least: Their affair is with Allah: He will in the end Tell them the truth Of all that they did." [Al-Qur’an 6:159]

sorry, it was on this page all along :)

anyway, i will look forward to verifying that information you have given me.
And i'm pretty sure they (shia's) have arguments agianst all those things and proofs, just like how we do (sunnis).

Muslimeen
06-28-2010, 07:37 AM
Assalamualikum

STILL. is this any reason to hate on our fellow muslim brothers with a different sect?
It depends which way you look at it. Can you love someone who hates the Sahaba (ra)?? Islam as we practice today in which ever country you reside besides the Arabian peninsula and also in many parts of Arabia was spread due to the efforts of the Sahaba (Ra). If it was not for their effort we might have been living lives of ignorance today. I find it difficult to love someone who hates the companions of the Nabi of Allah Sallalahu Allaihi Wassalam. If we read about the sacrifices they made to bring Islam to us in all corners of the globe, it will bring a tear to your eye.

Salahudeen
06-28-2010, 03:59 PM
Assalamualikum

Would you like a person who calls your mother an adultress? or says that she is one?

AhmadibnNasroon
06-28-2010, 04:18 PM
Assalamu 3laykum,

It depends on if it is really a mosque to begin with. If the "mosque" you speak of is an ithna 3ashari "mosque" then its not even really a mosque. Its a temple. But if it is a Zaydi mosque then they are within the fold of Islam.

I'm a little confused though. Why would anyone want/need to get married in a shi3a mosque?

AhmadibnNasroon
06-28-2010, 04:20 PM
Its also important for us to understand something. The ithna 3ashari shi3a are NOT our brothers in faith. Let us make that clear. The ulemma have stated by consensus that their creed is pure shirk and kufr therefore it is NOT within the fold of Islam. I beg all of you not to run around yelling sectarianism on this thread. Please study the creed of Ahlu'Sunnah and see that the creed of the rawfida is not anywhere NEAR Islam. May Allah protect us from the fitnah of these people who seek to destroy Islam in an effort to establish their shirk.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!