/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Should i quit my volunteer work?

o2a1
05-28-2010, 12:50 AM
i wanted to do some volunteer work to earn some experience working in the office.. and i want to know whether it is haram to be working with the liberals.. i know there are 2 sides.. the liberals and conservatives.. and apparently both side have non haram beliefs and both sides have haram beliefs.. for example i know it is a major sin to be a homosexual and liberals support homosexuality... so i wanted to know whether it is haram to be even working with them even though i do not believe in homosexuality.. am i supporting them just by trying to earn the work experience? i think i am going to quit tomorrow.. give me some advice shuld i quit? is it the right thing to do?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
glo
05-29-2010, 03:21 AM
What kind of volunteer work do you do?

o2a1
05-30-2010, 03:01 PM
it is just normal work on the computer.. organising files, copying text from one kind of format and changing into another.. they said they will have different kinds of work for me after i am done with the work i am assigned to... i did not quit yet because i am waiting for some advice and It is kind of a contradicitng to myself.. the work i am doing is not haram.. but i am working for the liberals.. who support some haram and some halal beliefs.. is this acceptable in islam? i am in it for the work experience only... so it does not matter who i am working for right?

★ηαѕιнα★
05-30-2010, 04:10 PM
Will you be like making pamflets or posters which state what those haraam beliefs are?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
o2a1
05-31-2010, 12:03 AM
I dont think so, i think i am going to be assigned mainly to office type work

Dagless
05-31-2010, 12:08 AM
Do you mean you are working for the gov? or do you mean that the people themselves have a personal inclination towards liberalism? I don't think you can avoid that regardless of which job you do. Even if you run a purely Islamic business in a western country you'll need to pay taxes so indirectly you're always going to be supporting something against your individual belief.

o2a1
05-31-2010, 12:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dagless
Do you mean you are working for the gov? or do you mean that the people themselves have a personal inclination towards liberalism? I don't think you can avoid that regardless of which job you do. Even if you run a purely Islamic business in a western country you'll need to pay taxes so indirectly you're always going to be supporting something against your individual belief.
you can check out the liberal vs conservatives belief in the website below, and yes I think it is a government job. I do not care for the people if they have a personal inclination towards liberalism, I just want to avoid supporting anything that goes against islamic belief, but i dont think that is possible bcus as u said even if people run a purely islamic business they have to pay taxes. Since the work i am doing is not haram, I am staying within the limits of Allah(subhana wa ta ala) right? I am trying to look at a positive side, but I will always have the doubt that I am working for those that support same sex marriage. I dont think anything can be done here besides me quitting the job, and if I quit, I will feel as if I will be in a loss because as I said I am only in it for the work experience. I think I will keep working with them as long as the work does not involve helping to promote homosexuality. The whole thing seems so contradictory to me, there is no helping it. Thank you for your replies.

http://www.studentnewsdaily.com/othe...beral-beliefs/

shuraimfan4lyf
05-31-2010, 04:05 AM
I want to leave the westtttt :/............................... inshaAllah hopefully there is no harm in your work, because you are not the one who is supporting homosexuality or even distributing fliers which propose those kind of acts. :w:

Woodrow
05-31-2010, 04:06 AM
:sl:

There are very few questions you need to ask in regards to this.

1. Does the job require you to do anything Haram?

2. Does the job support a haram cause?

If your answer to either is yes, get out of there as fast as you can.

As far as the co-workers go are they forcing you to engage in non-Islamic activities?

Remember your purpose at any job is to work, the more attention you pay to your job duties and the less you concern yourself with the private life of those around you the better you will perform your job and the less fitnah you will face from co workers. You only have to work with people you do not need to have a social life with them unless they are people you know and associate with outside of work and they are truly your friends.

Rhubarb Tart
06-02-2010, 07:10 PM
It sounds to me that they are not enforcing their beliefs on you. From what I can understand you are just working with people that have liberal views? If you have a problem with that then you will have problem with any job you get in to. I have worked with liberals and they haven’t changed me once.

To be honest I rather live in England then some parts of “middle east” society. At least you still have the freedom to build mosque, have jobs, school and clothes we wear and most importantly pray.

If don’t want to work then try find another voluntary work but keep on doing this work until you find another work. Good luck

almahdali
06-06-2010, 11:12 AM
why do you want to leave the West brother shuraimfan? i live in the East and a citizen of a country with the majority Muslim people administrating the government, but their life is no different or even worse then those who are from the West. no offence though, just from my experience :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!