/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A treat for my daughter

glo
05-29-2010, 03:45 AM
My daughter is 16 and is at the moment revising and working for her GCSEs.
By the end of June her exams will be over and she has finished!

My hubby and I were talking about this, and we agreed that it would be nice to treat her afterwards - just to celebrate the fact that the ordeal is over! :phew

We don't have much money, so I am not thinking about pricey presents.
But I thought perhaps something 'girlie', just for the two of us. Perhaps going away and staying in a B&B for a night, or going for a meal, spending some time together.

But I am not sure ...

Any 16-year-old girls here, who can tell me what they would appreciate the most?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Myself
05-29-2010, 04:04 AM
well, im not 16, but i was at some point, haha. i think mother and daughter enjoying a dinner together would be really nice. im sure she'll be touched by the move because being a girl, these kinds of things can be a big deal for them, unlike (some) boys, who couldn't care less, lol.

Far7an
05-29-2010, 08:32 AM
A gift for a teenage girl? Perhaps Rashad can help :P.

S<Chowdhury
05-29-2010, 10:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
My daughter is 16 and is at the moment revising and working for her GCSEs.
By the end of June her exams will be over and she has finished!

My hubby and I were talking about this, and we agreed that it would be nice to treat her afterwards - just to celebrate the fact that the ordeal is over! :phew

We don't have much money, so I am not thinking about pricey presents.
But I thought perhaps something 'girlie', just for the two of us. Perhaps going away and staying in a B&B for a night, or going for a meal, spending some time together.

But I am not sure ...
Dunno much bout the presents (usually a present for girl is just give her the money and let her decide, or the present comes with a receipt safest option LOL), but i wish your daughter all the best in her GCSE.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
xsmilesx
05-29-2010, 10:22 AM
I think this is a wonderful idea!

I remember when i had exams, i would be locked away for most of the day and not be spending enough time with my family. They used to give me a lot of space and time to myself as well.

Maybe you can just have a little extra special family meal at home? I'm sure she would prefer her mum and dad cook for her than anyone else! lol. Just because she's a girl it doesn't mean you have to take her out for a girly day out with just the two of you? Why not do something together as a family? Like a BBQ or something?

I am sure she will appreciate it :) xX

★ηαѕιнα★
05-29-2010, 11:07 AM
Good idea actually. You could get facial masks and chocoalate and other gurlie stuff and just have a girls night at that B&B, you know pamper yourselves.
And talk about fun stuff. Would love to do such a thing with my mum. Its fun! :D

Alpha Dude
05-29-2010, 11:11 AM
The family BBQ sounds like a good idea. :)

Lonely Gal
05-29-2010, 09:13 PM
how abt a picnic?

Lonely Gal
05-29-2010, 09:14 PM
have a night in, face masks, paint ur nails and stick a movie on, eating plenty of chocs and ice-cream!!

xsmilesx
05-29-2010, 11:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ★ηαѕιнα★
Good idea actually. You could get facial masks and chocoalate and other gurlie stuff and just have a girls night at that B&B, you know pamper yourselves.
And talk about fun stuff. Would love to do such a thing with my mum. Its fun! :D
Aww.. i like this idea very much too! I'm looking forward to my daughter growing up now too! :D x

Raaina
05-30-2010, 03:44 AM
You could cook, her favourite dish and then just get her some little girlie gifts.
Or go out somewhere for the day, doesn't have to be anywhere expensive - a walk in the countryside and then as someone else mentioned, take a picnic too.

And I wish her the best of luck in her GCSE's :)

glo
05-30-2010, 05:52 AM
Thank you, all. There have been some great suggestions! :)

Would you ask daughter what she would like to do or would you just go ahead and surprise her?

Myself
05-30-2010, 08:57 AM
problem with asking the duaghter is that they may get too excited and ask for the world, lol! and it may get a little difficult to get that for her.

lame jokes aside, surprise would be a sweeter way of treating her with something special. :)

★ηαѕιнα★
05-30-2010, 11:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Myself
problem with asking the duaghter is that they may get too excited and ask for the world, lol! and it may get a little difficult to get that for her.

lame jokes aside, surprise would be a sweeter way of treating her with something special. :)
True its all about expectations. When you tell her in advance she will have time to fantasise about what the surprise is. She will be thinking holiday abroad and will be dissapointed when you tell her what you had planned. Its best to not tell her untill the day itself, then she wont have any expectations (hopefully)
And another thing, you should have some humour as well. When people talk about good memories the memories usually contain some humour or laughter of some sort.
Maybe you could first pamper yourselves and then watch a comedy film to start of the laughing and all. And maybe you could make a boardgame with funny assignments you have to do.
Like for example stand in a cold shower for 2 whole minutes with your clothes one (;D). Or let the other put make up on you with eventually looking like a clown. And you have to go to bed with it. Im thinking of my mum in clowns make-up right now. Deadfunny!;D

Darth Ultor
05-30-2010, 11:19 AM
How about a road trip?

revert2007
05-30-2010, 01:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by xsmilesx
Aww.. i like this idea very much too! I'm looking forward to my daughter growing up now too! :D x
Yeah me too..and don't forget the sauna or spa...Just so refreshing....and finish it with a great meal...

glo
07-29-2010, 10:10 AM
Well, my husband and son have gone away for a week's backpacking holiday, and my daughter and I are home alone.
Although we are missing 'the boys', we are also enjoying the peace and quiet! :D

I am off work myself now, and we are trying to do something fun together every day - going for walks, going to a café, getting a take-away, watching a movie, going to the library, cooking a nice meal together ...
We are both having a great time!

sister herb
07-29-2010, 10:21 AM
Salam alaykum my sister in humanity

surprise her. Spend whole day with her and give her Quran. Try to explain her we all are just same.

Sisters and brothers in humanity. Same race. Human race.

glo
07-29-2010, 04:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister harb
Salam alaykum my sister in humanity

surprise her. Spend whole day with her and give her Quran. Try to explain her we all are just same.

Sisters and brothers in humanity. Same race. Human race.
My daughter is a sweet kind person, sister harb, and very caring about the needs of others. I have never heard her make a judgmental comment about others (well, except her annoying little brother perhaps ... ;D)

She respects people just as they are - regardless of their race, gender, beliefs or backgrounds.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!