/* */

PDA

View Full Version : English Defence League

Alpha Dude
05-29-2010, 01:17 PM
Watch the video.

It's funny how there is a Sikh guy high up in the ranks of the EDL. I imagine if all muslims were to leave/be chucked out of England, it wouldn't be too long before the nazis turned on sikhs lol.

Besides, does this guy seriously think the average racist member in the EDL would be able to differentiate between sikhs and asian muslims (when they're not in religious garb)?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
glo
05-29-2010, 04:41 PM
How absolutely TERRIFYING! :ooh:

IslamicRevival
05-29-2010, 08:51 PM
If i was walking down the street on my own at any given time in a secluded area and an EDL member saw me, Judging by what ive seen in the video im certain they would attack me. These animals are a threat to our society and they need to be stopped ASAP

The Government should ban this group just like they rightly banned Al Muhajirun and that numpty Amjad Chawdury

Lonely Gal
05-29-2010, 08:54 PM
they are all pretty much racists.. they come to our area looking for trouble but dint get very far

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Supreme
05-29-2010, 10:57 PM
As a white, Christian, patriotic male, I honestly cannot relate to any of these groups theories or practices. Muslims comprise 3% of the population of the UK, and it truly takes some mentally incoherent bullies to target and repress such a small minority. I've no doubt that if you gave these people weapons, they would go about attacking minorites much like al Queda does in Iraq, or the KKK did in America. I agree that these nutjobs should be banned, before someone gets seriously hurt.

Rhubarb Tart
05-29-2010, 11:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
Watch the video.

It's funny how there is a Sikh guy high up in the ranks of the EDL. I imagine if all muslims were to leave/be chucked out of England, it wouldn't be too long before the nazis turned on sikhs lol.

Besides, does this guy seriously think the average racist member in the EDL would be able to differentiate between sikhs and asian muslims (when they're not in religious garb)?
These "sikh guy" is incredibly stupid. And there are Muslims in that group, lmao... they are much more stupid then sikh guy.
I can safety say (I hope!) "most" of the British people realise how stupid EDL members are. No real differences between them and BNP.

Rhubarb Tart
05-29-2010, 11:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Supreme
As a white, Christian, patriotic male, I honestly cannot relate to any of these groups theories or practices. Muslims comprise 3% of the population of the UK, and it truly takes some mentally incoherent bullies to target and repress such a small minority. I've no doubt that if you gave these people weapons, they would go about attacking minorites much like al Queda does in Iraq, or the KKK did in America. I agree that these nutjobs should be banned, before someone gets seriously hurt.
The prime minister has said there were dreadful people and given the chance he would ban them. We shall wait and see if David is brave enough to ban these idiots.

I only hope that they don’t meet and tigger nut jobs who commit suicide bomb on them that will only justify their stupidity and actions towards the minorities. I feel for the Muslims communities that have to face their protest. They create racial tense in Britain and should be banned immediately. We will see how brave David is.

Raaina
05-30-2010, 03:37 AM
You could almost take them seriously aside from the racism, disorganisation, hooliganism, same twisted BNP idealology and lack of basic knowledge aside from media influence garbage. or even basic common sense.

Lets hope they get banned sooner rather then later. :statisfie

Woodrow
05-30-2010, 03:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
Watch the video.

Here in the US it is doubtful the average person on the street knows the difference between Muslims, Sikhs, Hindus or Jews. Shortly after 9/11 the was an out break of violence by militant racist groups against what they thought were Muslims. But most of the violence was directed against Sikh and Hindu shop keepers that they believed were Muslim. Not long ago in Texas there were vandalism attacks against Masjids by a neo-Nazi group. the vandalism consisted of anti-Jewish Graffiti being painted on the walls. After they were caught the perpetrators said they did it because they thought the Masjids were Jewish Synagogues. Many if not most Americans are very ignorant about all non-Christian religions. I suspect this may be true in parts of the UK

Nirvana
05-30-2010, 09:43 PM
BNP says that their members are not allowed to be part of EDL. They are both groups for scumbags, but they also have their differences.

questioner8
06-01-2010, 09:58 AM
Seems like the 'islamist' violent jihadist's plans/attempts to stir up trouble, are succeeding!
Time for the 'moderate' muslims to really denounce them, and disown them!

Woodrow
06-01-2010, 01:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by questioner8
Seems like the 'islamist' violent jihadist's plans/attempts to stir up trouble, are succeeding!
Time for the 'moderate' muslims to really denounce them, and disown them!
I must have missed something. I missed any connection between the EDL and any " 'islamist' violent jihadist's plans/attempts to stir up trouble"

questioner8
06-01-2010, 02:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
I must have missed something. I missed any connection between the EDL and any " 'islamist' violent jihadist's plans/attempts to stir up trouble"
So you haven't seen the documentary about the edl on tv, that showed the edl being against 'islamist's' and 'islamism' which is refering to political violent jihadist's!

Must be your selective memory/denial!

From the link:

The EDL claims it is a peaceful and non-racist organisation only concerned with protesting against "militant Islam".

I am no supporter of the edl, and if fringe nutters are riding on their coat tails, that's something that they need to sort out!

Vito
06-01-2010, 03:24 PM
So you haven't seen the documentary about the edl on tv, that showed the edl being against 'islamist's' and 'islamism' which is refering to political violent jihadist's!

From the link:

The EDL claims it is a peaceful and non-racist organisation only concerned with protesting against "militant Islam".

I am no supporter of the edl, and if fringe nutters are riding on their coat tails, that's something that they need to sort out!
They can claim whatever they want but the content of the video says it all. They ARE racist and they are NOT peaceful. You don't even have to watch the entire video to see that. This isn't about extremism, "islamists", "islamism", or whatever other ism you can come up with, this is about hurting Muslims, period.

Dagless
06-01-2010, 03:33 PM

From the link:

So not only can they tell peoples ethnicity from a bus, they can also deduce their religion and if they're militant in their belief. Wow... and there I was thinking they were uneducated scum.

questioner8
06-01-2010, 05:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by -Kai-
They can claim whatever they want but the content of the video says it all. They ARE racist and they are NOT peaceful. You don't even have to watch the entire video to see that. This isn't about extremism, "islamists", "islamism", or whatever other ism you can come up with, this is about hurting Muslims, period.
format_quote Originally Posted by Dagless
So not only can they tell peoples ethnicity from a bus, they can also deduce their religion and if they're militant in their belief. Wow... and there I was thinking they were uneducated scum.
islam is not a race it's a religion!

Dagless
06-01-2010, 05:27 PM
That's the point. They were being racist by calling all asian people "p**i's" and threatening them with physical harm. All this without knowing if they were even from Pakistan (which they should have nothing against), Muslim (which they should have nothing against), or radicals (which supposedly they have something against). This goes against their supposed political stance (which, lets face it, is a lie).

questioner8
06-01-2010, 05:46 PM
Perhaps the edl are against this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_kyNIevsIs&

Vito
06-01-2010, 05:50 PM
Woo I'm glad you cleared that up! Thanks!

I think you missed the point. They are discriminating against people based on what they look like, where they're from (or where they think they're from), or what religion they are affiliated with. Pretty much what Dagless said.

Vito
06-01-2010, 05:54 PM

You draw something knowing it will be offensive to a whole religion, then you kind of asked for it.. Its like they say, don't start no **** there won't be no ****

questioner8
06-01-2010, 06:07 PM
Are the protesters in the video, not muslims of a sort then?
And I was asking a logical question based on that?
Are you a troll by any chance?

questioner8
06-01-2010, 06:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by -Kai-
You draw something knowing it will be offensive to a whole religion, then you kind of asked for it.. Its like they say, don't start no **** there won't be no ****

Vito
06-01-2010, 06:56 PM
I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to get at. The edl are doing what they're doing based out of hate for all Muslims, where as the video you posted was based on a certain event.

Candle
06-01-2010, 07:37 PM
This is so bad!! I had no idea Europe and the UK were so racially and politically charged. Here, Muslims make up 20% of the population. In greater Vancouver, the population is 50% ethnic. But we don't fight each other--we make friends with each other, hang out, study, live, play, eat with each other. I don't think I could live in such an angry, racially charged place.

Racial extremists, white and brown, are just insecure. >: (

Alpha Dude
06-01-2010, 07:39 PM
Not dismissing what you say, but is that representative of all of Canada or just in your experience based on where you live?

I mean, even in England you'd find some places with more cohesion and peace than others.

Supreme
06-01-2010, 07:41 PM

So, you defend the EDL by saying all they're doing is copying the actions of another bunch of idiots?

What?

Candle
06-01-2010, 07:52 PM
Not dismissing what you say, but is that representative of all of Canada or just in your experience based on where you live?

I mean, even in England you'd find some places with more cohesion and peace than others.
Good question, but yes for the most part it is. I can only think of two exceptions. Alberta is very friendly, but immigrants don't tend to move there. In Quebec, they don't like anyone, white, brown, or green hehe. For the most part, we've always been multicultural. : )

Woodrow
06-01-2010, 08:19 PM

From the link:

I watched the video on the link, but could not understand more than a few words

1. I do not watch TV

2. I am essentially deaf and can not understand what is said on TV and do not like Closed Captions

3. I am in the USA living among the Native American Lakotah Sioux in an area we call the Republic of Lakotah and have no concern for British TV even if it were available here.

I am not able to comprhend how a thread about the EDL a radical group, brings about the conclusion that us Muslems must disavow and disown Islamist Muslims.

Perhaps we should or perhaps we should not. But, I can not see how that is an issue of this thread, which is about the EDL, not about Muslims.

Raaina
06-01-2010, 08:30 PM
You only have to go on the EDL forum to see the hate they have against Muslims and Islam and anyone who "Looks" Asian must be a Muslim.
If the EDl really want to prove themselves to be peaceful and non racist then they need to clear up that forum.

questioner8
06-09-2010, 03:12 PM
So, you defend the EDL by saying all they're doing is copying the actions of another bunch of idiots?

What?
What? Are you crazy!

I merely possited the idea that may be the edl are opposed to militant political islam as portrayed by those in the link!
Which is what they claim at least!
The edl were born out of the intentions of 'islam for the uk's' intentions of marching in Wootton Bassett.

Next you'll be telling me that hamas are 'good guys'!

.militantislammonitor.org/docs?type=1

questioner8
06-09-2010, 04:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
I watched the video on the link, but could not understand more than a few words

1. I do not watch TV

2. I am essentially deaf and can not understand what is said on TV and do not like Closed Captions

3. I am in the USA living among the Native American Lakotah Sioux in an area we call the Republic of Lakotah and have no concern for British TV even if it were available here.

I am not able to comprhend how a thread about the EDL a radical group, brings about the conclusion that us Muslems must disavow and disown Islamist Muslims.

Perhaps we should or perhaps we should not. But, I can not see how that is an issue of this thread, which is about the EDL, not about Muslims.

So you don't understand the conflicting claims about moderate islam and radical violent islamism!
If you don't show the difference, then there is none!

Dagless
06-10-2010, 01:58 AM
What? Are you crazy!

I merely possited the idea that may be the edl are opposed to militant political islam as portrayed by those in the link!
Which is what they claim at least!
Numerous posts have already pointed out the video shows they are not what they claim to be. Members high up in their organisation have made racist comments so this theory that its a few lowly members doesn't hold up.

Amadeus85
06-11-2010, 10:23 PM
It will get hot in UK when Autonomous Nationalists appears there.

Supreme
06-11-2010, 11:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amadeus85
Autonomous nationalists? Do you mean the SNP and Plaid Cymru, who want greater independence for Scotland and Wales? I don't think the EDL is much affiliated with the Scottish and Welsh nationalists. I dislike the Scottish and Welsh nationalists, but even they aren't as bad as the EDL.

Skavau
06-12-2010, 05:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amadeus85
They're civic nationalists. The 'EDL' are merely a reactionary group, that indeed if not a foundationally racist organisation or nationalistic organisation - have been completely swallowed up by defectors of right-wing groups and racists.

Amadeus85
06-13-2010, 08:26 AM
Autonomous nationalists? Do you mean the SNP and Plaid Cymru, who want greater independence for Scotland and Wales? I don't think the EDL is much affiliated with the Scottish and Welsh nationalists. I dislike the Scottish and Welsh nationalists, but even they aren't as bad as the EDL.

Its something different,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autonome_Nationalisten

http://skunks.wordpress.com/2008/06/...-nationalists/

This movement was born in Germany and then spread over some european countries.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!