/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is the du’aa’ of a sinner not answered?

Ummu Sufyaan
05-31-2010, 10:58 AM
:sl:
The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said that the one who eats or wears haraam things will receive no answer (to his du’aa’). Is the du’aa’ of the sinner not answered?.

Praise be to Allaah.

Answer to the du’aa’ of one who calls upon Allaah is, in principle, an indication of the righteousness and piety of that person, but it does not always indicate that. A sinner’s du’aa’ may be answered as a means of letting him get carried away or for a reason. Allaah answered the prayer of the Shaytaan when he said:

“ ‘O my Lord! Give me then respite till the Day they (the dead) will be resurrected.’

37. Allaah said: ‘Then verily, you are of those reprieved’”

[al-Hijr 15:36-37]

This response was not an honour for him, rather it was a humiliation, to increase his sin so that his punishment would be greater – we seek refuge with Allaah.

And it is proven that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The prayer of the one who is oppressed is answered even if he is an evildoer, and his evildoing is upon himself.” Narrated by Ahmad. See Saheeh al-Jaami’, 3382.

Similarly, the fact that a du’aa’ is not answered does not always mean that the one who is praying is corrupt. There are some prayers which Allaah did not grant our Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). He (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “I asked my Lord for three things, of which He granted me two…” Narrated by Muslim, 2890.

Allaah did not answer some of the prayers of His Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) for an important reason, which was to teach mankind that he had no control over anything, rather everything was under the control of Allaah.

See Sharh al-Arba’een li’l-‘Allaamah al-Nawawi, and Kitaab al-Du’aa’ by Shaykh Muhammad al-Hamad.

Sourc

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ummu Sufyaan
06-03-2010, 03:17 AM
:sl:
*bump...

marwen
06-03-2010, 03:36 AM
Great post ! (Just in time for me :( ) Baraka Allaho Fiki.

MIL0
06-04-2010, 11:19 PM
assalamualikum

dear brother or sister, i have herd once from an beloved aunti of mine ::

Those who do bad deeds, Allah grants their du'aa's quickly if he wishs.
But those who do righteous deeds, Allah does not give them what they want quickly.
This is because those who do righteous deeds, Allah loves to hear their voice."

I'm not sure where my aunti good this from, but it was a hadith she said. I am sorry i am unable to cite the source.
i hope this answers your question :)

wassalam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
MIL0
06-04-2010, 11:21 PM
oh my bad, i thought you were asking a question. i just read your post. extremely sorry :(

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!