/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Saudi Qur'an al Kareem Channel

Insaanah
05-31-2010, 08:05 PM
:sl:

Saudi TV has a new channel called the Qur'an al Kareem channel.

It has live 24 hour coverage from Masjidul Haraam, accompanied by recitations of the Qur'aan by various recitors, providing the audio to the live video coverage.

Some of the camera work is amazing Subhaanallah. They also have the ability to start from far out and zoom in extremely closely, e.g. to the exact words someone is reading from the mus'haf, you can read all the words on their page clearly. At times, it zooms in close to people (men). Sometimes they zoom in on people making du3a who are literally crying/sobbing to Allah in their du3a. These poor worshippers are often completely unaware that footage of them is being broadcast live into millions of homes. Also, you can see individual people performing their umrah.

With the imaam it's different, there is an automatic assumption that he will be filmed and that footage broadcast worldwide.

So, a few questions resulting from that:

Do we have a right to privacy in our private 3ibaadah?

If so, does this count as an invasion of privacy?

Just wandered what people's thoughts were. It seems kind of wrong to me. By all means coverage is good, but not to zoom in on individuals faces, to clearly identify them and their emotions, I think.

And Allah knows best.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aadil77
05-31-2010, 08:08 PM
..not sure, but you're in a public place and you know theres cameras around so it should be alright

they do it all the time in during taraweh

BintAbee
06-03-2010, 05:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Insane Insaan

It seems kind of wrong to me. By all means coverage is good, but not to zoom in on individuals faces, to clearly identify them and their emotions, I think.

And Allah knows best.

:wa:

I haven't watched the channel much, but I do agree with what you said here ^. People should have at least a bit of privacy. A camera from far should be sufficient.

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!