/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Handling of Pork at work and performing salah..

fahadii
06-01-2010, 03:58 AM
assalamu alaikum Brothers/Sisters,
I have a very important question to ask and it would be great if someone can answer me with a proof of Hadith or by some scholar.
I work at pizzahut here in London and my job is to prepare pizza's. During my breaks I do offer Asar and Maghrib Salah in our staff room and after handling of pork and haram meat products i obviously wash my hands and do wadu again. My question is, i believe pork and other haram food also touches my clothes(uniform that i wear during work), can i still perform salah wearing those clothes or do I have to change them?
I can't change my clothes always because most of the time it is very busy, especially during Maghrib time and my manager is kind enough to let me do my prayers but if i change my clothes that will take alot of time.. please suggest me with what i should do?

I do know that some of you might not agree with me working at such a place but i really tried to find some another work but i couldn't.. I was jobless for quite a while and then i found this one... so I'm sorry if that offends any of you.

Hope someone can answer me with a reference of hadith or by some scholar.

Jazzak Allah khair..
Salam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Insaanah
06-14-2010, 10:11 PM
:sl:
Prayer of one who handles pork

I work in the restaurant business (12 hour shifts) and I am constantly dirtied by pork products. What are my salaat requirements? Can I perform all five prayers as athaa at the end of the day, after I have bathed?

Praise be to Allaah.

You have to do the five prayers at the proper times, after removing the najaasah (impure things) from yourself and purifying yourself as Allaah has commanded. You should also look for another job from which you can earn halaal provision, because cooking and serving pork is haraam and is not allowed. (See Questins #s 1883, 751).

May Allaah help us and you to do all that pleases Him, and keep us away from things which will earn His anger and wrath.

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid
From: http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/1395/handling%20pork

So you would either have to wash everywhere the pork had touched, but it may have touched some part of your clothing without you realising and without leaving a visible mark, so it is best to change your clothes and stand in front of Allah in clean clothes. Pork is a najasah (impurity) and your body and clothes must be free of impurities in order for your prayer to be valid. And Allah knows best.

Working in a store which sells pork pizza

I just completed my master in computer scince and am now looking for a job. My Question is that during my study and now I am working in a pizza store as a delivery person which is owned by a 'Qadiani', and he is selling pork pizza. Can I work in his store because most of the pizza orders are pork pizza?

Praise be to Allaah.

It is not permissible for you to do work which involves carrying pork and delivering it to the people who are going to eat it. Because by doing so you are taking part and cooperating in sin. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

"Help you one another in al-birr and al-taqwa (virtue, righteousness and piety); but do not help one another in sin and transgression…" [al-Maa’idah 5:2]

We ask Allaah to help you find acceptable work and a halaal income, for He is the All-Hearing Who answers prayers.

"… And whoever fears Allaah and keeps his duty to Him, He will make a way for him to get out (from every difficulty). And He will provide him from (sources) he never could imagine…" [al-Talaaq 65:2]

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!