/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Israeli attacks flotilla, sign petition

Eric H
06-02-2010, 12:33 PM
Greetings and peace be with you all,

Voices for justice and peace need to be heard from millions of people, in the hope of influencing justice for the poor and the oppressed. Over two hundred thousand have signed this petition, please add your name, if you feel Israel has been unjust.

I've just signed this petition at Avaaz.org:

We call for an immediate, international investigation into the flotilla assault, full accountability for those responsible, and the lifting of the Gaza blockade.

Join me in signing at this link:

http://www.avaaz.org/en/gaza_flotilla_3/98.php?CLICKTF
In the spirit of praying for justice for all people.

Eric

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abdul-Raouf
06-02-2010, 05:29 PM
Israel Just did for Self Defence ......on International Waters.....

HOW ?

LIKE THIS >>

Source : http://beta.thehindu.com/opinion/car...icle443964.ece
(From - THE HINDU - India's National News Paper)

Masuma
06-02-2010, 05:37 PM
@ Eric H:

Bless you brother! Thanks for the link. I'll join too! :)

But you know, UNO has already given permission for a full-fledged inquiry of the attack.

Masuma
06-02-2010, 05:38 PM
@ Brother Abdul Raof:

Aaaaahahaaaha! That is funny and...and sad too right at the same time. :(

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Argamemnon
06-02-2010, 06:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul-Raouf
Israel Just did for Self Defence ......on International Waters.....
It's true, it has been proven that Iraq's weapons of mass destruction were being hidden on Flotilla..

anyway, i signed it yesterday, i normally don't like to expose my name on internet except on such important issues.

:w:

Argamemnon
06-02-2010, 06:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H

Voices for justice and peace need to be heard from millions of people, in the hope of influencing justice for the poor and the oppressed. Over two hundred thousand have signed this petition, please add your name, if you feel Israel has been unjust.

In the spirit of praying for justice for all people.

Eric
Peace Eric,

I know you are a righteous person. I just wonder what most Christians would think of your 'anti-Israeli' attitude, because from my understanding Israel can do no wrong according to Christians.

glo
06-02-2010, 07:06 PM
Thank you for the link, Eric.
I have signed it and posted up on FB.

glo
06-02-2010, 07:13 PM
Argamemnon, there are many Christians who speak out against the blockage of Gaza and who lobby for Palestine. People demonstrating for the rights of people in Palestine are by no means only Muslims!

I just read that the Pope denounced Israel's actions today too.

Argamemnon
06-02-2010, 07:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
Argamemnon, there are many Christians who speak out against the blockage of Gaza and who lobby for Palestine. People demonstrating for the rights of people in Palestine are by no means only Muslims!

I just read that the Pope denounced Israel's actions today too.
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend. I don't have that much knowledge on Christianity and particularly the different denominations.. I must thoroughly educate myself on this issue..

You are right, there are millions of Christians in the Middle East; mainly in Egypt, Syria, Lebanon and Palestine; about 10% of the population..

glo
06-02-2010, 07:25 PM
No offense taken, Argamemnon. :)

glo
06-02-2010, 07:32 PM
You can watch how the number of signatures goes up by the second!! Better than telly! :D

http://www.avaaz.org/en/gaza_flotill...02b70428270f7c

piXie
06-02-2010, 08:05 PM
Petition signed. God bless you.

joedawun
06-03-2010, 05:15 AM
Signed the petition, passed on to others to sign.

InfiniteMercy
06-03-2010, 10:36 AM
Signed the petiton, thank u for sharing the link Eric! At this rate the petition will reach its target very quickly!

glo
06-03-2010, 01:46 PM
Over 300,000 signatures so far ...
http://www.avaaz.org/en/gaza_flotilla_3/98.php?CLICKTF

Update, 2 June: The petition reached 200,000 in less than 24 hours and has had its first delivery! Now a UN body has approved an international investigation, and Egypt has opened its border with Gaza. But there’s still a long road to accountability, and Israel's blockade continues -- let's keep up the pressure!

Ramadhan
06-03-2010, 03:03 PM
filled in, signed, delivered, and passed on to others.

Eric H
06-04-2010, 07:28 AM
Greetings and peace be with you Argamemnon;
Peace Eric,

I know you are a righteous person. I just wonder what most Christians would think of your 'anti-Israeli' attitude, because from my understanding Israel can do no wrong according to Christians
This is to do with justice, and not religion, I would become a hypocrite, if I only wanted justice for Christians.

In the spirit of praying for justice for the poor and oppressed.

Eric

Eric H
06-04-2010, 07:32 AM

Thanks to all those who have signed, the signatures have increased by a staggering hundred and twenty thousand, since I signed yesterday.

We must all keep putting pressure on our governments, please pass on the links to your friends.

Blessings

Eric

glo
06-04-2010, 07:35 AM
This is to do with justice, and not religion, I would become a hypocrite, if I only wanted justice for Christians.
Greetings, Eric. It is always nice to see your smiling face! (Well, I imagine it being smiling ... :))

It has to be said though that Argamemnon is not wrong. Many Christians (perhaps more in the US??) seem to side very strongly with Israel. Either because they see Jews as their 'spiritual cousins', or because they see Israel as part of God's prophecy to his people and therefore want to see it protected?
To be honest, I have never quite understood the reasons fully ... :hmm:

Like you say, I see it as a question of human rights and human treating their fellow humans with kindness, care and charity. I don't see Israel treating Gaza in such a way, and that's wrong.
You are right, it's not about politics or about religion - it's about humanity!

Eric H
06-04-2010, 08:57 AM
Greetings and peace be with you glo,

I understand that the Israeli Nation are the chosen people of God, but in the Jewish scriptures, which is also our Old Testament, we find such verses as……..

Exodus 22:21
"Do not mistreat an alien or oppress him, for you were aliens in Egypt.

Leviticus 19:10
Do not go over your vineyard a second time or pick up the grapes that have fallen. Leave them for the poor and the alien. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19
33 " 'When an alien lives with you in your land, do not mistreat him. 34 The alien living with you must be treated as one of your native-born. Love him as yourself, for you were aliens in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

In the spirit of praying for justice for all people,

Eric

Ramadhan
06-04-2010, 10:33 AM
The most ironic thing is, it is the israelis who are aliens, and it is the palestinians who are the natives and landowners.

Almost all israelis now are either immigrants or second and third generations of immigrants.

Can you imagine if there's sudden super massive influx of chinese to the US, and forced the current US citizens to either flee to mexico or confine the rest to Montana and then blockade montana from receiving aid or anything, and then subject them to daily humiliation??

It seems to me that after years of brainwashing by western media and Israel's lobby and PR machines, most US or europeans totally forgot what actually happened in Palestina and unaware by what's really happening.

I understand that the Israeli Nation are the chosen people of God, but in the Jewish scriptures, which is also our Old Testament, we find such verses as……..

Do not go over your vineyard a second time or pick up the grapes that have fallen. Leave them for the poor and the alien. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19
33 " 'When an alien lives with you in your land, do not mistreat him. 34 The alien living with you must be treated as one of your native-born. Love him as yourself, for you were aliens in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Eric

Ramadhan
06-04-2010, 10:47 AM
Alhamdulillah, the joke will be on those evil transgessors who think they are the God's chosen people and those who think they are saved already.
Allah SWT already prepared jahannam for those people.

marwen
06-04-2010, 11:05 AM
It has to be said though that Argamemnon is not wrong. Many Christians (perhaps more in the US??) seem to side very strongly with Israel. Either because they see Jews as their 'spiritual cousins', or because they see Israel as part of God's prophecy to his people and therefore want to see it protected?
Hi sister Glo !
Your post was just great. But it remembered me another question that I want to ask every christian brother and sister : If christians believe Jesus is God, and They believe that jews did kill Jesus. How can some christians believe that jews are God's chosen people? How can God's choosen people kill God (astaghfirullah)? and isn't that enough to be sure that the jewish belief is corrupt (changed after Prophet Moses), so they're not worth following them.
Second, if Israel is God's prophecy (as jews believe and some christians believe them) then why should christians protect it, it's officially protected by God if it's a God's prophecy, no? so no need to protect it.

These questions are not directly addressed to you, but as I said the above posts remembered me that, and I really don't understand it.

Masuma
06-04-2010, 11:30 AM
@ Sis glo:
Sis glo, you said that "many Christians side with the Jews but you never understood the reason fully" so what I can do is to give you my reason, this is what I think.
The whole US would never ever speak up against Israel as we have again recently seen...I mean the whole world is decrying Israel's autocracy but America won't speak a word about it!

US is under a total control of the Jews! All higher posts, or most of them are, with Jews. They are controlling America. Many Christians tried to speak up against it but Jews have their own way of getting rid of such people. Even Obama can't do anything against the wish of Jews! And I have like a hell lot strong reasons to believe it to be true!

Muslim Woman
06-04-2010, 12:27 PM
Salaam/Peace

got this mail .

Incredible -- we reached our 200,000 target in 24 hours! The first petition delivery is done and the pressure is working -- let's get to half a million! Here's the email, let's send it to everyone:

--

Dear friends,

Israel's deadly raid on a flotilla of aid ships headed for Gaza has shocked the world.

Israel, like any other state, has the right to self-defence, but this was an outrageous use of lethal force to defend an outrageous and lethal policy -- Israel's blockade of Gaza, where two thirds of families don't know where they'll find their next meal.

The UN, EU, and nearly every other government and multilateral organization have called on Israel to lift the blockade and, now, launch a full investigation of the flotilla raid. But without massive pressure from their citizens, world leaders might limit their response to mere words -- as they have so many times before.

Let's make the world's outcry too loud to ignore. Join the petition for an international investigation into the raid, accountability for those responsible, and an immediate end to the blockade in Gaza -- click to sign the petition, and then forward this message to everyone:

http://www.avaaz.org/en/gaza_flotilla_8/?vl

glo
06-04-2010, 01:25 PM
And the signatures keep coming in! :)

Naidamar, marwen and An33za, if I am not replying to your posts, then only because I feel it doesn't belong into this thread.

This thread was kindly started by Eric to encourage people to show their support against the blockade of Gaza. Signatures seem to come in from all over the world and - judging by the names - not just from Muslims either!
Let me also say that I have heard of Jews who speak out against the blockade too. Woodrow even posted information about an 80-year-old Jewish Holocaust survivor who was amongst the activists on the flotilla. So you cannot judge all Jews to be the same, just as you cannot judge all Christians to be the same.

Let each of us act according to our conscience.
I would rather keep that spirit of mutual understanding and joint effort for a common cause than let this thread turn into another debate. This is for the people of Gaza!

I hope you understand. :)

marwen
06-04-2010, 01:27 PM
And the signatures keep coming in! :)

Naidamar, marwen and An33za, if I am not replying to your posts, then only because I feel it doesn't belong into this thread.

This thread was kindly started by Eric to encourage people to show their support against the blockade of Gaza. Signatures seem to come in from all over the world and - judging by the names - not just from Muslims either!
Let me also say that I have heard of Jews who speak out against the blockade too. Woodrow even posted information about an 80-year-old Jewish Holocaust survivor who was amongst the activists on the flotilla. So you cannot judge all Jews to be the same, just as you cannot judge all Christians to be the same.

Let each of us act according to our conscience.
I would rather keep that spirit of mutual understanding and joint effort for a common cause than let this thread turn into another debate. This is for the people of Gaza!

I hope you understand. :)
Agreed 100 % ! Thanks for that.

Argamemnon
06-04-2010, 05:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by An33za
US is under a total control of the Jews! All higher posts, or most of them are, with Jews. They are controlling America. Many Christians tried to speak up against it but Jews have their own way of getting rid of such people. Even Obama can't do anything against the wish of Jews! And I have like a hell lot strong reasons to believe it to be true!
Even atheist Americans support Israel passionately, I think it also has to do with imperialism. Most Americans worship power and money, they don't care about human life or human rights (except their own). They see life as a brutal competition; either kill or be killed, there is no such thing as peaceful coexistance in their dictionary. This mentality is unfortunately very widespread in the West and in the US in particular.

glo
06-05-2010, 11:51 AM
The petition is close to reaching 400,000!
https://secure.avaaz.org/en/gaza_flotilla_3/?rc=fb

omar ibrahim
06-05-2010, 12:28 PM

Leviticus 19

Eric
its israil woh breakes the law of Allah and the law of human beings

omar ibrahim
06-05-2010, 12:38 PM
Greetings, Eric. It is always nice to see your smiling face! (Well, I imagine it being smiling ... :))

Like you say, I see it as a question of human rights and human treating their fellow humans with kindness, care and charity. I don't see Israel treating Gaza in such a way, and that's wrong.
You are right, it's not about politics or about religion - it's about humanity!
a pure religion must includes human rights even if some followers do NOT and there are some things that can not be denied except for bad people like what is happening in ghaza and what happened in 9-11 whether muslim or not

glo
06-10-2010, 06:29 AM
Nearly 500,000 signatures ...
https://secure.avaaz.org/en/gaza_flotilla_3/?rc=fb

Have you added yours?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!