/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I need some serious advice..regarding Jesus (pbuh) in islam and prayer..

AlexJ90
06-03-2010, 09:44 AM
I need some serious advice...

my mum does her daily prayers everyday... reads the quran often and has strong faith...However she has recently been very keen on praying to jesus (pbuh), as in she believes in addition to asking Allah for help...she also believes asking jesus (pbuh) for help too.. When i ask her why not just pray to Allah, she says ''i pray to both...maybe Jesus (pbuh) can help me.. I asked jesus for something many times before and it happened''

Im baffled here.. in islam are we not supposed to just ask Allah for help and guidance if we are going through a tough time in life?

Please ...include Quran verses and explain in detail for me... So i can explain to her aswell..

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
tango92
06-04-2010, 09:12 AM
im sure other mebers here will be able to reply with better sourced info.

i would first recommend you explain to her with logic:
you wouldnt worship a statue because it has no power to help you. if you throw it or break it, it cant defend itself or cause you any harm for it.
in the same way, if Jesus (pbuh) couldnt save himself from being killed, nor could he harm those who crucified him how is he going to help your mum?

then tell her jesus (pbuh) never once claimed to be god. there is no verse in the bible where jesus (pbuh) says he is God or even where he asks people to worship him. its just the followers of christianity that have attributed Godhood to him. if this is the case then any man or woman could equally be worshipped as God. and clearly none of us is God.

Candle
06-05-2010, 09:04 AM
Oh no! Even in the Christian Bible Jesus prayed only to the Father. The Bible even says, "Pray like this. Our Father, who art in heaven..." But as a Muslim, she must know she cannot pray to a prophet. Neither do the Jews pray to Moses.

غزالی
06-05-2010, 12:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AlexIslam
I need some serious advice...

my mum does her daily prayers everyday... reads the quran often and has strong faith...However she has recently been very keen on praying to jesus (pbuh), as in she believes in addition to asking Allah for help...she also believes asking jesus (pbuh) for help too.. When i ask her why not just pray to Allah, she says ''i pray to both...maybe Jesus (pbuh) can help me.. I asked jesus for something many times before and it happened''

Im baffled here.. in islam are we not supposed to just ask Allah for help and guidance if we are going through a tough time in life?

Please ...include Quran verses and explain in detail for me... So i can explain to her aswell..
Brother, Either your mother have mixed with Cristian womens who have confuse them and taught them to do this. Three steps can help :

1st Step : showing them the importance of Aqeedah e Tawhid (Belief of oneness of Allah )

The oneness of Allah is the one most important theological principal in Islam. The first of the five pillars, the declaration offaith, which is the first act that one does to embark on Islam, reiterates the necessity of the belief in the oneness of Allah. It begins with the negation of any god other than Allah:
"I bear witness that there is no god but Allah and that Mohammed is His messenger."

Their Aqeedah e Toheed (Belief on One Allah) which is the Main belief in islam has become weaken. This belief differ islam from all other religion and it is so important that man's all good deeds are not acceptable till he have this beleif of Oness of Allah.
As Quran mentioning

Verily, Allâh forgives not that partners should be set up with Him (in worship), but He forgives except that (anything else) to whom He wills; and whoever sets up partners with Allâh in worship, he has indeed invented a tremendous sin (Quran Sura 4, Verse 48)

Allah says in Quran :

“And I did not create the jinn and mankind except to worship Me.” (Quran 51:56)
and also

Step 2 :Give them a Good Book on importance and description of Aqeedah e tawhid to read or show them the explaination to 19th sura of Quran that is surah Maryam. This sura mentioning The Prophet Juses . (i can give you the link of books, if you wants)

Step 3 : Show them what Quran is Saying about Juses :
you said they also read Quran, Ask them if you Read Quran it's good but your action are going against what Quran mention and teach. tell them you also have to believe what Quran is Mentioning is true. Show them with respect that Quran is clearly mentioning Juses as the Prophet Only, Like other prophets Adam, Moses, Muhammad etc who also have prayed to God and ask his follower to pray and worship to God only. Ask them to read the Quran with Translation.

Allah says in Quran:
“And We certainly sent into every nation a messenger, (saying), ‘Worship God and avoid all false objects of worship…’” (Quran 16:36)

I am giving some Verses From Quran about juses, what juses :

“They have certainly disbelieved who say, ‘God is the Messiah, the son of Mary’ while the Messiah has said, ‘O Children of Israel, worship God, my Lord and your Lord...’” (Quran 5:72)

The Messiah (Jesus), son of Mary, was no more than a Messenger before whom many Messengers have passed away; and his mother adhered wholly to truthful-ness, and they both ate food (as other mortals do). See how We make Our signs clear to them; and see where they are turning away!” (Quran 5:73-75)

“O People of the Book (Jews and Christians)! Do not exceed the limits in your religion, and attribute to God nothing except the truth. The Messiah, Jesus, son of Mary, was only a Messenger of God, and His command that He conveyed unto Mary, and a spirit from Him. So believe in God and in His Messengers, and do not say: ‘God is a Trinity.’ Give up this assertion; it would be better for you. For God is indeed (the only) One God. Far be it from His glory that He should have a son. To Him belongs all that is in the heavens and in the earth. And God is sufficient for a guardian.” (Quran 4:171)

Brother Show them this verse which mentioning On the Day of Judgment, Jesus again will free himself from this false at-tribution. God gives us a glimpse of what he will say when he is asked about why people worshipped him:

“And (beware the Day) when God will say, “O Jesus, Son of Mary, did you say to the people, ‘Take me and my mother as deities besides God?’” He will say, ‘Exalted are You! It was not for me to say that to which I have no right. If I had said it, You would have known it. You know what is within myself, and I do not know what is within Yourself. Indeed, it is You who is Knower of the unseen. I said not to them except what you commanded me – to worship God, my Lord and your Lord…’” (Quran 5:116-117)

Brother you have to give dawah to them with complete respect and wisdom and pray for them From Allah. you can also show them lecture of good islamic scholar on the subject of Tawhid. it will effect more due to his explaination with more wisdom and experience.You can see lecture of authentic good scholars and also can see vedio lecture on youtube. i can select for you, if you want.
your mother told you about her experience of praying to juses, its just a test for them from Allah, i hope your proper dawah in this way will convince them.

For detail From Bible, is Juses God or son of God ?, see this Link

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muslim Woman
06-05-2010, 04:36 PM
Salaam.

Is she asking Jesus pbuh to fulfill her dua or she is asking him to pray for her as a mediator ?

Asking him to accept dua is haram . If she is asking him to play a role as mediator , then I don't know if it's totally haram or not. But to avoid the most major sin in Islam - the shirk / blasphemy , safest way is to avoid the mediator .

Tell ur mother that worshipping Jesus or Muhammed pbut or any other is totally forbidden in Islam .

And (remember) when Allah will say (on the Day of Resurrection): "O Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary)! Did you say unto men: Worship me and my mother as two gods besides Allah? "

He will say: "Glory be to You! It was not for me to say what I had no right (to say). Had I said such a thing, You would surely have known it. You know what is in my innerself though I do not know what is in Yours, truly, You, only You, are the AllKnower of all that is hidden and unseen.

( سورة المائدة , Al-Maeda, Chapter #5, Verse #116)

almahdali
06-05-2010, 05:20 PM
This is weird... I do understand what the mother means about the mediator, but this era is not the era of Jesus (pbuh) anymore. It is the era of Muhammad (saw) and it will continue until the doomsday. Anyway, no prophets including Isa (as) and Muhammad (saw) nor angels could save us without the permission of Allah SWT. so our prayers should be direct to Him as He is the one who deserves them!

The prophet Ibrahim (as) had asked Allah SWT to save him instead of an angel came to save him when he was burnt down with a huge fire but because he totally put his trust to Allah SWT, he do not want the angel to help him but Allah SWT and Allah SWT did saved him by making the fire cools down for him :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!