/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Marriage/Death

Ansariyah
06-04-2010, 10:27 PM
Salam

Is there an Islamic stance on a sudden death before Marriage? Like the death of a beloved grand parent:(

How can you get married knowing you just lost someone who meant so much to u and was looking forward to see ur wedding day. It just feels so wrong to celebrate...all time stands still. Is it wrong to just call off ur wedding...how ru meant to explain this wit all the preparations the families everything...

Jzk.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
06-04-2010, 10:35 PM
:sl:

I know exactly what you mean sister.. my cousin lost both her parents within six months of each other and in the midst of her wedding preparations .. in fact my aunt Allah yer7mha died around my birthday, it always has such bad memories for me as well (not that I celebrate birthdays) but that I can't forget the event and how painful it was and now a yearly reminder that is sure to stick in memory.. what my cousin did was have a very small wedding and not what was originally planned.. everyone understood.. she looked heartbroken on her wedding pictures la 7wala wla qiwta illa billah.. but she named her first child fatema after my late aunt and that is a blessing to us all..

may Allah swt make your affairs easy for you insha'Allah..

:w:

Ummu Sufyaan
06-06-2010, 10:21 AM
have a very very small wedding with only close family and friends and delay it a little...just until you feel that your grief (and guilt of having a wedding at an odd timing) has reduced/passed a little.

cat eyes
06-06-2010, 02:33 PM

Your grieving could possibly take months until you fully recover and everybody is different when it comes to grief and we grieve in different ways. thats entirely up to you whether you want to delay the marriage or not.
only you know whether you will be up for it or not

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!