/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Rachel Corrie on Her Way now !

marwen
06-04-2010, 11:52 PM
Rachel Corrie on Her Way

[Cyprus, June 4, 2010]
The Rachel Corrie is 150 miles away from Gaza in international waters and on her way. They will arrive on Saturday morning. The 1200 ton cargo ship is the last ship from the Freedom Flotilla and is loaded with construction materials, 20 tons of paper and many other supplies that Israel refuses to allow into the imprisoned people of Gaza.

Some of the High-Profile people on board:

Mairead Maguire from Belfast, Ireland, a Nobel Peace Laureate (l976) and Co-founder of Peace People, Northern Ireland. She was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize for her work for peace and a nonviolent solution to the Ethnic/political conflict in Northern Ireland. Mairead went on the maiden Voyage of Dignity in October 2008, the second successful voyage for the Free Gaza Movement. She was also on Board ‘Spirit’ when Israel hijacked the Boat in International Waters, taking all 2l humanitarian passengers to Israel, where they were arrested, detained for a week in an Israeli prison and then deported.

Denis Halliday, from Ireland, a UN Assistant Secretary-General from 1994-98. Appointed by SG Boutros Ghali, he served as ASG UN Human Resources Management in New York and in mid 1997 to end 1998 as Head, Humanitarian Programme in Iraq to support the Iraqi people struggling under the genocidal impact of UN Sanctions. Since resigning from the UN in 1998, Halliday has delivered numerous parliamentary briefings, provided extensive media inputs and has given public/university lectures on Iraq, human rights, and the UN, in particular its reform.

Matthias Chang Wen Chieh is a Malaysian of Chinese descent. He is a Barrister of 32 years standing and once served as the Political Secretary to the Fourth Prime Minister of Malaysia, Tun Dr. Mahathir Mohamad. He is the author of three bestsellers, “Future Fast Forward”, “Brainwashed for War, Programmed to Kill”, and “The Shadow Money-Lenders and the Global Financial Tsunami”, published in the US and in Malaysia.

Mohd Nizar bin Zakaria,Perak, Malaysia, MP Mohd Nizar bin Zakaria is a Member of the Malaysian Parliament.

In addition, there is a three-member camera crew on board from Malaysia TV3 and journalis Shamsul Akmar bin Musa Kamal.

The passengers on board the ship have stated, “Communication is difficult and sometimes impossible and there are many rumors out there started by Israeli authorities, but there is no way we are going to Ashdod. We are, for sure, on our way to Gaza.”

sources :
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...EN7DoJOmwGopog
http://www.tv5.org/cms/chaine-franco...de168.12c1.xml

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
marwen
06-06-2010, 01:19 PM
hmmm !
well, the OP is outdated, coz it was kept in blockade by moderators ;D

At the end and as expected, the Irish ship, Rachel Corrie, was prevented from entering gaza by israeli forces, who toke control over the ship by army boats, not by helicopter like the Turkish ship.

Israeli forces said, this time, this boarding was not bloody like the first time and they are happy the passengers were cooperative.

But from the other side, the Ireland Palestine Solidarity Campaign (IPSC) said the operation was a hijack by israeli forces, who kidnapped all the passengers abord.

Le figaro

Masuma
06-06-2010, 05:40 PM
Asalamu Alikum WR WB!
yeah! :D Mods realy take a lot of time to approve threads. mine is rusting in the long waiting list in the 'importance for seeking knowledge' section and no mod/admin has paid any attention! :/

about the o.p, i want to add that when people of gaza came to know that this ship has also been raided by israel, you know what they said? they said that they are not disappointed as many more will come soon to their help! :cry: and INSHALLAH INSHALLAH Allah would not leave His innocent and weak creatures at the mercy of beasts! :cry:
long live Palestine!
ALLAHU AKBAR

Eric H
06-06-2010, 06:08 PM
Greetings and peace be with you marwen;

You might not know who Rachel Corrie was, but her name lives on, read how she died in Gaza as a human shield. This boat is a powerful witness to a remarkable woman.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rachel_Corrie

Rachel Aliene Corrie (April 10, 1979 – March 16, 2003) was an American member of the International Solidarity Movement (ISM). She was crushed to death in the Gaza Strip by an Israel Defence Forces (IDF) bulldozer when she was kneeling in front of a local Palestinian's home, thus acting as a human shield, attempting to prevent IDF forces from demolishing the home. The IDF has claimed that the death was due to the restricted angle of view of the IDF Caterpillar D9 bulldozer driver, while ISM eyewitnesses said "there was nothing to obscure the driver's view."[1] A student at the Evergreen State College, she had taken a year off and traveled to the Gaza Strip during the Second Intifada.[2]
In the spirit of praying for justice for all people

Eric

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Snowflake
06-06-2010, 06:17 PM
Ah thanks Eric. I thought Rachel Corrie was someone from Coronation Street. I was wondering why there was post about 'her'. Thanks anyway.

sister herb
06-06-2010, 06:34 PM
By the respect to her (Rachel Corrie) Gazans covered her body to flag of USA

even they usually burn that flag in demonstrations.

sister herb
06-06-2010, 06:41 PM

glo
06-06-2010, 06:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scents of Jannah
Ah thanks Eric. I thought Rachel Corrie was someone from Coronation Street. I was wondering why there was post about 'her'. Thanks anyway.
Hi Scents of Jannah

Like you, I didn't know much about Rachel Corrie - so I did some googling. Here is what I found:

Rachel Corrie lies on the ground fatally injured by the Israeli military bulldozer driver. Rachel’s fellow activists have dug her a little out of the sand and are trying to keep her neck straight due to spinal injury. Picture taken at 4:47PM on 16 March 2003, Rafah, Occupied Gaza. Photo by Joseph Smith. (ISM Handout)

Rachel Aliene Corrie (April 10, 1979 – March 16, 2003) was an American member of the International Solidarity Movement (ISM) who traveled to the Gaza Strip during the Second Intifada. She was killed when an Israeli soldier drove his bulldozer over her as she protested against the destruction of Palestinian homes by the Israeli Occupation Forces in the Gaza Strip.

Israeli Occupation Forces murdered Rachel Corrie, but they couldn’t kill her spirit.
http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgur...26tbs%3Disch:1

Snowflake
06-06-2010, 06:55 PM
Thanks Glo,

:cry: That's so sad subhanAllah! I feel so silly. I realised Eric had posted who Rachel Corrie was, so my immediate reaction was to thank him and in doing so I totally forgot to read the post. Her reward is with Allah.

sister herb
06-06-2010, 07:24 PM
Zionists kidnapped also MV Rachel Corrie (ship) to they port. Next week there will come new ship from Lebanon.

Busy time to those zionist commandos.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!