/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Domestic violence outreach - web designer?

mahfuja
06-05-2010, 04:54 PM
Assalaamualaikum

Insha'Allah you are all in the best of Health and Imaan.

Nour is a progressive emerging U.K. based charity. It will insha'Allah address the prevalent yet threateningly silent issue of Domestic Violence (DV) in the Muslim community. 1 in 4 women suffer from DV during their lifetime in the U.K. however this statistic may not reflect minority communities, more specifically the Muslim community. There is a general reluctance to address this issue but also a misinformation that DV is advocated in Islam.

However, what makes Nour fundamentally unique is the application of Islamic literature from both the Qu’ran and the Prophetic teachings to provide the well characterised framework of Islam, to both refute and condemn DV

We are looking for big hearted, enthuastic volunteers with skills in different fields, particularly in graphics/web designing.

Please get in touch if you are interested.

I'll leave you all with a beautiful Hadith:

'Whoever among you sees an evil action, let him change it with his hand [i.e take action]; if he cannot, then with his tongue [i.e speaking out]; & if he cannot, then with his heart [i.e hating it] - & the latter is the weakest of faith' [Muslim].

Let us all together be that hand which stops the oppression on those that are victims of Domestic violence insha'Allah.

Please get in touch. JazakAllah khair.

Wassalaam

Your sister

Mahfuja

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Eric H
06-05-2010, 05:57 PM
Greetings and peace be with you mahfuja;

There are so many people suffering from DV, last night we spent an hour with a lady and her abusive partner until 3.30 am. He was a soldier who had served in Afghanistan, and deeply scarred by events he had witnessed. People of all faiths and no faiths, need this support.

I hope you find lots of support.

In the spirit of praying for troubled relationships.

Eric

mahfuja
06-05-2010, 08:45 PM
^ DV is highly prevalant amongst all types of families and it is important we work together to tackle this issue.

thanks.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!