/* */

PDA

View Full Version : making a persons mistake famous

cat eyes
06-05-2010, 06:18 PM
:sl:

I Want to know that is it a major sin on your part to highlight a persons mistake in public and being ruthless with the person?

i heard this is one of the signs of hypocrisy in somebody

have they themselves committed a sin? also if you told the person that,how would you go about explaining it to them?

i think quoting hadiths is good way of getting somebody to stop thinking there perfect :hmm:
:wa:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
dew of paradise
06-06-2010, 03:35 PM
Here is that hadith: "Abdullah bin Umro bin Aas, may Allah be pleased with him, reports that the Prophet, Sall-Allahu alayhi wa sallam, said: Those who have mercy will receive the mercy of the Most Merciful. Have mercy on those who are on earth, the One in heavens will have mercy on you." (Tirmidhi )
The Prophet then said, "He who covers a Muslim, Allah will cover him in the Dunya and the Hereafter."
Imam Ash-Shafi'i once said, "Advise me when I am alone, and avoid giving advice in public, for advising in public is a type of criticizing that I will not be pleased to hear."
The Prophet said, “Whoever has (the following) four characters will be a hypocrite, and whoever has one of the following four characteristics will have one characteristic of hypocrisy until he gives it up. These are: (1 ) Whenever he talks, he tells a lie; (2) whenever he makes a promise, he breaks it; (3) whenever he makes a covenant he proves treacherous; (4) and whenever he quarrels, he behaves impudently in an evil insulting manner.” (See Hadith No. 33 Vol. 1)
cruelty is one of the major sins.Imam Hasan al Basri & said if somebody treats you bad so sont worry because ALLAH swt will take your revenge in the world & even on the judgment day!why Pharaoh body is still in proper shape bcoz Allah made him a sign of perdition bcoz he was cruel!!!We human dont know what we are doing when we are treating somebody bad but according to Allah promise Allah will show that person in the world and will make him sign!!!A person who is cruel should repent and sit with the person whom he treated bad & ask for forgiveness.There is a hadith that on judgment day if somebody didn fulfilled the rights of a person or took anything from him or her that person will be sent to the bottom of Hell and will be told to get that thing,he or she will go bottom of hell to collect it and will be burning all the way down!when he or she will collect it will start to go up again to give that person whom he or she have steal his stuff or rights,when that person will reach up he or she will fell again and Angels will tell him to go up again to give that stuff to the person who is waiting up,this will be continuously happening to this person!!!and here in this dunya we make mistakes then we say ohhh it was shaitan who gave us advice,that not an excuse!!!Allah should give us sense to behave correctly Amin........

Dagless
06-06-2010, 03:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
:sl:

I Want to know that is it a major sin on your part to highlight a persons mistake in public and being ruthless with the person?

i heard this is one of the signs of hypocrisy in somebody

have they themselves committed a sin? also if you told the person that,how would you go about explaining it to them?

i think quoting hadiths is good way of getting somebody to stop thinking there perfect :hmm:
:wa:
I'm not sure of the Islamic ruling but my assumption is that it would depend on a lot of things:

- Is the person Muslim?
- Do they consider it a mistake?
- Did they repent after the mistake?
- Do they repeat the mistake?
- Is there anything to be gained by highlighting their mistake in public? I.e. is it something they are doing to themselves or are they also hurting/deceiving others?
- etc. etc.

It would depend on the exact situation. Personally, I wouldn't say anything unless I knew they were hurting others by it or if it was something major and they may hurt themselves through it.

Sorry if this post is irrelevant, because I didn't back up anything I said with Quran or Hadith.

Neelofar
06-06-2010, 03:56 PM
Salaamz =D

Dagless, i don't mean to be rude but i find this
Sorry if this post is irrelevant, because I didn't back up anything I said with Quran or Hadith.
rather offensive..i don't know whether you're saying that in a sarcastic manner or not?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Dagless
06-06-2010, 04:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Neelofar
Salaamz =D

Dagless, i don't mean to be rude but i find this rather offensive..i don't know whether you're saying that in a sarcastic manner or not?
Why do you find it offensive?
The sister asked if it was a major sin or not. Religion describes what a sin is. My reply is not backed up by anything from religion (e.g. verses from the Quran or quotes from Hadith). Therefore it maybe irrelevant to the original post since it cannot be used to prove if it is a sin or is not a sin.

cat eyes
06-06-2010, 04:53 PM
jazakAllah khayr for your replies.

i have another question, lets say a non muslim treats you bad in real life but you don't talk back to them because us muslims are told not to argue back.. well if your upset over it. will Allah deal with that person?

Neelofar
06-06-2010, 05:48 PM
Salaamz! :D

Ahhh! I understand what you meant now! :D i thought you were saying it in an offensive manner like, 'just because i haven't used text from the Quran or Hadiths doesn't mean it's not worth anything" :p sorry for the misunderstanding! :)

Life_Is_Short
06-06-2010, 07:07 PM
I found something about what one should do after witnessing any matter.

Abu Huraira (Allah be pleased with him) reported Allah's messenger (peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) as saying: He who believes in Allah and the Hereafter, if he witnesses any matter he should talk in good terms about it or keep it quiet. [Muslim]

dew of paradise
06-06-2010, 08:44 PM
its not the question of being muslim r nonmuslim Allah will punish both.but i think its more bad for muslim bcz thy shud knw wht Quran has said about cruel & hypocrate person!

abdussattar
09-02-2010, 03:44 AM
Theres a hadith, saying that

"MaN satara muslimeena satarallahu fidduniya wal aaqhirah"
sorry I don't have Arabic font.

"one who hides the mistakes of a person in this world, Allah will hide his mistakes in This world and hereafter"

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!