/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Strangest ever UK Fajr time?

Insaanah
06-05-2010, 06:44 PM
:sl:

This has got to be the earliest ever UK Fajr start time:

http://www.tootingislamiccentre.org/

And no, that wasn't a mistake, It has been confirmed by the mosque as correct. (1:08am on the date of posting)

Compare that with this:

http://www.iccuk.org/index.php?article=1&, (3:08am on the date of posting)

or this: http://www.masjidtawhid.org/ (3:16 am on the date of posting)

That would mean people fasting today following the first timetable would have a two hour longer fast than those in other parts of London, and once they finish praying taraweeh, when they come home it will nearly be time to eat suhoor. Subhaanallah..

That makes it three and a half hours from the beginning of fajr to sunrise.

Are other mosques doing this too?

The deen is supposed to be easy (addeenu yusrun).

We are supposed to "hasten the breaking of the fast and delay the Suhoor". [Sahih al-Jami`]. In this case it seems that suhoor is being hastened instead.

I guess in Ramadhan, once Tooting and Balham Muslims finish praying taraweeh, when they come home it will nearly be time to eat suhoor. Subhaanallah.

Just thought I would share this, and may Allah forgive me if I said anything wrong.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslim Woman
08-27-2010, 06:07 PM
Salaam

So , which timing UK Muslims are following ?

Soulja Girl
08-27-2010, 06:17 PM

1:08?? Are you sure..? That's too early! Some peeps are still prayin Isha/Taraweeh at that time :exhausted

There's this Masjid here & their Fajr is about half an hour later than all the other Masaajid.. I found that strange too.. :><:

:wa:

أحمد
08-27-2010, 06:19 PM

The Summer months are brighter than Winter; Dawn lasts longer during the Summer months for this reason. Allah has made it easy, so even if anyone decides to stay at the North Pole; they will not have to keep half a year of fast.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Beardo
08-27-2010, 07:05 PM
Fajr is around 5 AM here. x]

Afifa
08-27-2010, 07:09 PM
The times are different in different parts of our town!. And another town which is an hour away finish sehri and pray fajr an hour or two before ours!! I don't know why or how that is but there shouldn't be such a big time gap between places should there?!!

Soulja Girl
08-27-2010, 07:31 PM

^I really don't know.. Meks you wonder whose right and whose wrong eh? :hmm:

aadil77
08-27-2010, 07:32 PM
In summer its harder to determine the exact time of fajr thats why you get such varying start times, but if you look at jamaat times mosts masjids will pray fajr around 3-4am

S_87
08-28-2010, 12:22 PM
in yorkshire around june july fajr was around 1:36

Somebody
05-24-2012, 06:40 PM
Bump and thanks. Good post.

:thumbs_up

~ Sabr ~
05-24-2012, 06:58 PM
Who the hell are you

Marina-Aisha
05-24-2012, 07:07 PM
omg thats strange here its like 4am..r u sure thats right?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!