/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Help me decipher my feelings....

Karina
06-05-2010, 09:18 PM
I am looking for advice. Okay maybe not advice, but just a chance to ruminate and cogitate!

I do feel at ease in this forum, despite it being an online/virtual environment - I always swore that I would never be a part of an online community (after all, it's far-removed from reality in many ways right?). I have also learned a lot about Islam and its intricacies whilst being a member here.

I do feel drawn to Islam in many ways - I have a Qur'an which I do read occaisionally and find to be a source of comfort and reassurance, but believe me I am far from 'reverting'. I still feel distanced from Muslims (why?) and wish sincerely that this was different.

I suppose I just wanted to hear what you thought of my situation. I feel like I'm in the middle of faith and no-faith, although I'm not sure what direction my heart is going to take me. Maybe I'm more of a Snakelegs than I thought!

I suppose what I really needed to know is, how does Allah view me, how do Muslims view me? Is it a case of, 'once a kuffar, always a kuffar' no point bothering with her, or do you see every secular-born agnostic kuffar as a potantial Muslim?

Don't get me wrong, I'm a very long way from a specific religion right now, but I often sense theism in myself and wonder where it (if anywhere) may take me..........

:?:(

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
espada
06-06-2010, 03:12 PM
I think it's great and sounds like you are being called to Islam.

IMO, the fact that the more you read and it doesn't repulse you, is a good thing.

You say it yourself in your post. You swore you'd never be part of an online community, yet you feel at ease among the virtual muslims.

You have a feeling of slight confusion about the matter of faith, but you find comfort and solace when "occasionally" reading the Quran.

But you are distancing yourself, imo, in a sense by saying things like "I'm far from reverting," or "Don't get me wrong, I'm a very long way ..."

Knock that off! (lol - sorry)

Rather than dip your toes in the pool, submerge yourself. Identify exactly who you are and what you believe (write it out if you have to).

And ask Allah for guidance. To me it's obvious (even though i don't know you) you are being drawn to Islam and maybe at some level it scares you.

I know of people in your situation that seemed to have heard the distant call but shut it out at the time. Don't let that happen!

Maybe you'll be a better muslim than any of us, Allah knows best.

Raziah
06-07-2010, 07:52 AM
Don't delay to revert to Islam,who knows what will happen later.

Muhammad
06-07-2010, 07:05 PM
Hello Karina,

format_quote Originally Posted by Karina
I suppose what I really needed to know is, how does Allah view me, how do Muslims view me? Is it a case of, 'once a kuffar, always a kuffar' no point bothering with her, or do you see every secular-born agnostic kuffar as a potantial Muslim?
Every single kaafir can potentially be a Muslim - guidance is in the power of Allaah (swt), and He says in the Qur'an that He guides whom He wills. In the life of our Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), there are a number of examples of amazing stories of those who eventually accepted Islam. Moreover, when the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was given the choice to have a very hostile town destroyed, he chose to forgive them in the hope that their progeny may bring forth Muslims. So especially for someone who is interested in Islam, there is no reason for us to give up hope in them.

In light of what you've written, it seems you are close to Islam but hesitating. It must be difficult being in your position, but keep searching for the truth and pray to God to guide you. I pray that Allaah (swt) guides you to the right path and clarifies the confusion, Aameen.

...The right direction is henceforth distinct from error. And he who rejecteth false deities and believeth in Allah hath grasped a firm handhold which will never break. Allah is Hearer, Knower. [Qur'an 2: 256]

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
06-07-2010, 08:01 PM
Greetings and Peace to you Karina,

Islam goes with fitrah and that is the 'drawn feeling' you get, but Islam is carried out by people that you may not necessarily like.. but that shouldn't be a deterrent to explore. You are comfortable with God, but not comfortable with people, that is understandable .. congratulations you've just realized one of the hiccups of the human condition. How do we get along, let alone show some solidarity?

Well to begin with, your journey to God is a solo one, I don't know if you have read my post here in regards to 911.. and that I wasn't a practicing Muslim at the time, upon that event, I said to myself, 'if Muslims are behind this, then I want absolutely nothing to do with this religion' shortly afterward I started researching Islam and discovering this faith anew.. It is when I realized that all of us need to make an individual covenant with God, that it isn't a communal effort but a solo journey.

Now, I am not here to force feed you hordes of literature.. my personal experience has been a one day at a time with lots of highs and lows.. what I will advise you though is to capitalize on this 'confusion' that you have an ask God to elucidate it for you in terms and signs that are agreeable to you..

Ask and ye shall find..

peace

syilla
06-08-2010, 05:19 AM
Hi...

Maybe you should lists out the reason why you think you're far away from Islam and analyse the reasons thoroughly...whether it is because you're thinking only for yourself or plainly for the sake of Allah swt.

Good luck =D

Karina
07-02-2010, 07:55 PM
I'm so sorry if I appear to have abandoned this thread, I've been so busy I haven't logged on until today - what I meant to say was thank you, thank you for your replies. I'm touched and I will try to stop resisting whatever it is that is meant to be. Everything happens for a reason I'm sure.
Warmest wishes,
K x

Seek
07-04-2010, 04:39 AM
Salam Alaikum sister karina,

If you feel you are very far from Islam, I will be surprised, because no one on earth is not a Muslim. Every person worship Allah or his/her God in his/her on way. But the correct way and the way Allah wants us to worship him is through Islam. The word Muslim means : submit your will to God. If you submit your will to Allah/God, then you are a Muslim. There are many stereotypes that Muslims hate other religions and hate anyone who is not Muslim and will call them "infidels". But, the true message of Islam is not that, we are to love and respect other religions. Whether you are an Atheist, Agnostic, Christian, Jew..etc. We have no right to force or make you feel not welcomed.

Allah loves you, as long as you are trying and striving to know him. If you want to take a year to learn more about Islam, take a year. But personally, I won't hesitate a second :)

glo
07-04-2010, 07:08 AM
Nice to see you again, Karina.

I expect you have been busy with exams? I hope all went well!
My daughter has just finished her GCSEs and is looking where she can do A level psychology.

Ummu Sufyaan
07-07-2010, 08:30 AM
Greetings,
format_quote Originally Posted by Karina
I am looking for advice. Okay maybe not advice, but just a chance to ruminate and cogitate!

I do feel at ease in this forum, despite it being an online/virtual environment - I always swore that I would never be a part of an online community (after all, it's far-removed from reality in many ways right?). I have also learned a lot about Islam and its intricacies whilst being a member here.

I do feel drawn to Islam in many ways - I have a Qur'an which I do read occaisionally and find to be a source of comfort and reassurance, but believe me I am far from 'reverting'. I still feel distanced from Muslims (why?) and wish sincerely that this was different.

I suppose I just wanted to hear what you thought of my situation. I feel like I'm in the middle of faith and no-faith, although I'm not sure what direction my heart is going to take me. Maybe I'm more of a Snakelegs than I thought!

Don't get me wrong, I'm a very long way from a specific religion right now, but I often sense theism in myself and wonder where it (if anywhere) may take me..........

:?:(
for me personally, i try my best to deal justly and kindly with people, including non-Muslims. as ling as one has a sincere interest in Islam, i wont question or judge them by that. as long as people aren't attacking Islam, stopping me/Muslims from worshiping god etc i wont hold anything against them.

everyone has a chance and the chance is cut off only when they die. as long as they are still breathing then there is hope, no?

Danah
07-23-2010, 02:19 PM
I pray sincerely that you will find peace and that Allah will guide you to the turth Karina.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!