/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What's with the double standard?

Detritavore
06-06-2010, 10:43 AM
Sorry if this has been posted before- I did do a search albeit a rather pathetic one and yes this isn't that greatest outrage facing humanity but it does seem rather odd:

Why in order to gain admission into the sisters section does a sister require 300 posts while a brother to gain admission into the brothers section only requires 100 posts?

=\

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd Al-Maajid
06-06-2010, 10:45 AM
Sisters deserve this, they talk too much..:p May be Mods can answer this.

No Offense...

Neelofar
06-06-2010, 10:46 AM
Salaamz! =D

Hmmm *-) that is rather odd & unfair! I'm afraid even i dnt knw the ansa to tht one =( buh perhaps there's sumwun here hu myt inform us? =D inshallah =)

Neelofar
06-06-2010, 10:49 AM
Salaamz! =D

Sisters deserve this, they talk too much..
If we tok too much then requiring 300 posts from us to gain admission into the sister's section..is makin us tok even more..ur contradicting urself 8-) =P

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ummu Sufyaan
06-06-2010, 10:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by abdulmajid
Sisters deserve this, they talk too much..:p May be Mods can answer this.

No Offense...
indeed. great imaginations need verbalizing.

the answer to your question (i think) OP is that the sisters section is at more risk of its privacy being violated.

tango92
06-06-2010, 10:54 AM
apparently the sisters have something to hide:uhwhat

Supreme
06-06-2010, 10:58 AM
I've got over a thousand posts.

But I'm still not allowed in the Brothers section.

Woodrow
06-06-2010, 11:28 AM
The 2 private sections are somewhat independent of the rest of the forums. You may notice that the admins are all Brothers and we do not get into the Sisters section. It is under full control of the sisters. It is their prerogative to have their own criteria for admission.

Detritavore
06-06-2010, 11:32 AM
Never mind (can't I delete posts?).

Detritavore
06-06-2010, 11:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
The 2 private sections are somewhat independent of the rest of the forums. You may notice that the admins are all Brothers and we do not get into the Sisters section. It is under full control of the sisters. It is their prerogative to have their own criteria for admission.
OK my mistake... there's really no indication that is the case though (that they're independently ran).

Woodrow
06-06-2010, 12:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Detritavore
OK my mistake... there's really no indication that is the case though (that they're independently ran).
They are independent in the sense that us admins keep out of the sister's section. The applications for admission are seen only by the Sisters that moderate the section. Since the Admins are Brothers we do have access to the Brother's section so by default that section is pretty much moderated by us. But we are too scared to enter the sister's section even if we could.

'Abd Al-Maajid
06-06-2010, 12:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Supreme
I've got over a thousand posts.

But I'm still not allowed in the Brothers section.
You are Brother in Humanity, I think only Brothers in Islam are allowed in the brother's section.:hiding:

'Abd Al-Maajid
06-11-2010, 05:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ummu Sufyaan
indeed. great imaginations need verbalizing.
I guess so, Great imaginations and ideas:p....http://www.islamicboard.com/forum-he...ml#post1336960

جوري
06-11-2010, 05:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by tango92
apparently the sisters have something to hide:uhwhat
How did you know?
this is precisely why we have the admission at 300 and a few initiation rites that include

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!