/* */

PDA

View Full Version : ~ Awesome is Rain Indeed! ~

Ğħαrєєвαħ
06-06-2010, 04:05 PM
Aslaamu` Alaaykum

I just thought id create a thread, because its raining lol proper heavy out there
Its soo awesome

What do you all think about the Rain aye?
Hope this thread isnt too randomised, but when it rains soo heavy, it feels truly as a blessing from Allaah.
But some it may not feel that, as you may be outside chillaxing.

Anyways post your views, and does it rain alot @ your areas aye?
Just the rain has inspired me too creating this "Random" Thread.

So yeah

Wa Alaaykum Salaam

Ps. Sorry, for being soo random sometimes indeed

And Remember:
"And He who sends down (from time to time) water from the sky in due measure, and We raise to life therewith a land that is dead. Even so will you be raised (from the dead) (Surat az -Zukhruf, 11)

Indeed

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Supreme
06-06-2010, 05:12 PM
Rain is brilliant. Especially when you're in one of those places that looks prettier in rain than it does sunshine. For example, Brittany in France- I went there last year, and boy, it rained a lot, but everything looked so picteresque, it was wonderful.

Life_Is_Short
06-06-2010, 05:31 PM
:wa:
It truly is a blessing from Allah (swt). It was boiling hot yestarday afternoon here in London and i had the fan on but alhamdulilah it rained at night and my room was filled with fresh breeze. ahhhhh!!!

I also like jumping in puddles after it rains. :X

-Elle-
06-06-2010, 05:41 PM
It hadn't rained for about a week or two here, the grass became yellow, the pollutants in the air more present, dust everywhere...the water level in the rivers was decreasing...I had cleaned my car inside out one day, few days later...there was dust and dirt all over it!(and on the other cars too)...because the wind had blown the dirt from the streets on it. All this to say that the rain cleanses the earth, nourishes the plants, it is truly the source of life on this earth sub7anAllah it is one of the greatest blessings.

Back in my parents' country, it had barely rained during winter, and it does not rain during summer (maybe once or twice). Dear God, they had to cut off the water supply for a few hours each day!

It's actually raining right now; AlhamdulillAh ;)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
cat eyes
06-06-2010, 05:45 PM
I Love rain i love when it hits off your window and i just love heavy rain too. i love listening to the rain when im in bed :statisfie

Supreme
06-06-2010, 05:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
I Love rain i love when it hits off your window and i just love heavy rain too. i love listening to the rain when im in bed :statisfie
The only thing better than listening to rain in bed is listening to thunder in bed. And I was listening to it last night. It's wonderful.

cat eyes
06-06-2010, 05:55 PM

:p

Neelofar
06-06-2010, 06:24 PM
Salaamz :D

I loveee the rain!! Wasn't a big fan of it b4, buh then i learnt what what a blessing it is from the Almighty :) i have to admit, i actually stuck my arm out the window today to feel the rain against my skin :embarrass i love the smell of rain too! Cat eyes, ur photos are amazing! hope you don't mind but i'm going to use the image of the sea as my desktop wallpaper :p thank you! :D

Ğħαrєєвαħ
06-06-2010, 07:52 PM
wow MashaAllaah@ those pictures@ Cats eyes, they are awesome.
Jazakallahu Khayr and Thank you for the replies so far :)
Surely puts a smile on your face, Man it rained a lot today, love the rain when it rains soo heavy outside MashaAllaah awesome indeed

shuraimfan4lyf
06-06-2010, 07:55 PM
Its a blessing indeed from Allah, but rainy weather is my least fav, I just dont like rain. Hot weather is my favorite type..I like when its 100 degrees or plus outside:sunny:

Ğħαrєєвαħ
06-06-2010, 07:58 PM
You serious? I hate it when its tooo HOTT, but i love it when the suns outside looks awesome. . .
I admit i didnt like the rain at one point, like sister Neelofar said, untill i learn about the Blessing Alhamdulilaah its all kool now. . .
MashaAllaah Hot weathers are indeed awesome too

Mohamed_Sadiq
06-06-2010, 08:14 PM
Rain is good only when its heavy and with thunder. I love the rain of Italy its so refreshing and thundery for instance its very hot for a week and when the week finishes nice heavy thundery showers comes. Its nice when it rains heavy during the night it makes you sleep nice when you hear the rain hitting the window and the roof and that noise makes you hypnotise.

May allah give rain to those countries that have continous drought ameen.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
06-06-2010, 09:30 PM
lol hypnotise

Ameen to the Duaa

Candle
06-06-2010, 09:59 PM
For sure, the rain brings life and it's cleansing. I <3 it so long as I've got an umbrella lol.

Innocent Soul
06-07-2010, 05:32 AM
Assalamualaikum

I LIVE RAIN.At first I thought that it is stupid to stand in rain but once I tried it on the our terrace it was so nice the rain got stronger and stronger and then I ran away down to my home.:statisfie
I know it is a bit to childish but it is true.:)

tw009
06-07-2010, 05:40 AM
I like everything about the rain except when the worms come out!!

shuraimfan4lyf
06-07-2010, 05:42 AM
Or getting wet while you are trying to get somewhere, it really annoys me..:heated:

Detritavore
06-07-2010, 05:42 AM
Ya Allah
Send me a blessing
In the rain
What I've been missing
Ya Allah
What I've been missing
In the rain
Send me a blessing

Ramadhan
06-07-2010, 09:22 AM
Just when I opened this thread, it is raining cats and dogs. Now I am looking out through my office window at the really heavy tropical rain.
Alhamdulillah.

Supreme
06-07-2010, 09:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by shuraimfan4lyf
Or getting wet while you are trying to get somewhere, it really annoys me..:heated:
Or whilst you're outside with coffee trying to read a book. You can't run with coffee, but if you don't get indoors fast, the book will be ruined.

Abu Zainab
06-07-2010, 10:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by naidamar
Just when I opened this thread, it is raining cats and dogs. Now I am looking out through my office window at the really heavy tropical rain.
Alhamdulillah.
Mashallaah! I really envy you bro! And rains in your part of the world is more awesome due to the lush greenery everywhere.
Just thinking of rain makes me dream - dream of jannah. Subhanallaah.

BTW, if I need a 'rainy' vacation in Indonesia which is the best place to visit and during which months? Of course the scenery should be good too.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
06-07-2010, 01:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tw009
lol really, thats what most people dont like LOL imagine some people walking in the rainy weather and they see a worm and theyre "Eww a worm" and runn of crying lool.

Ive noticed i never see them except on rainy days, anyone know why?

Life_Is_Short
06-07-2010, 01:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tw009
The worms and the snails. They all come out to enjoy the rain.

S<Chowdhury
06-07-2010, 01:35 PM
Rain is the best !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! especially with thunderstorms..............

Ğħαrєєвαħ
06-07-2010, 05:04 PM
^That is truly awesome Masha`Allaah!

shuraimfan4lyf
format_quote Originally Posted by S<Chowdhury
Rain is the best !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! especially with thunderstorms..............

That looks like some video game type of rain. LOL

Ğħαrєєвαħ
Lol;D. . . . . . .

espada
06-07-2010, 11:34 PM
:sl:

Rain is surely amazing for all the reasons pointed out.

What's interesting also is your choice of word in the thread title.

Definition of awesome:

1. (a.) Causing awe; appalling; awful; as, an awesome sight.
  2. (a.) Expressive of awe or terror.

Just a soothing and calming as the rain can be, it can wreak havoc on people and things.

Nashville, Tennessee (U.S.A) 2010 Flood from Wikipedia:

A significant weather system brought very heavy rain and severe thunderstorms from Saturday, May 1 through Sunday morning, May 2. A stalled frontal boundary coupled with very moist air streaming northward from the Gulf set the stage for repeated rounds of heavy rainfall. Many locations along the I-40 corridor across western and middle Tennessee reported in excess of 10 to 15 inches, with some locations receiving up to 20 inches according to doppler radar estimates.

Heavy rains, next to rivers ... major damage.

Old and young were not safe:

• Robert Woods, 74, was swept away Sunday by floodwater in his West Hamilton Avenue yard. His body was recovered Monday.
  • Joshua Lanotroop, 21, was swept away by floodwater Saturday in the area near Bell Road and Blue Hole Road. His body was recovered Sunday near the area.

I still love the rain and I love worms too. They are very important and amazing creatures.

Life_Is_Short
06-07-2010, 11:38 PM
It's raining now. :) I won't have to water the plants tomorrow. Yeeahee!

aadil77
06-08-2010, 12:07 AM
the best thing is the sound of thunder, it just sounds so powerful

also rain is a blessing and good time to do dua

shuraimfan4lyf
06-08-2010, 12:58 AM
Lol @ I like worms.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
06-08-2010, 01:17 PM
^lol that gives me an idea of my next thead :-\

~ The Awesomeness of Wormz ~ hmm ****thinks about it****

Abu Zainab
06-08-2010, 01:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by мυѕℓιмαн 4 ℓιfє
^lol that gives me an idea of my next thead :-\

~ The Awesomeness of Wormz ~ hmm ****thinks about it****
ermm no thanx...lets stick with the rain....

As you said "Awesome is rain indeed".....So Yeah !!

Ğħαrєєвαħ
06-08-2010, 02:01 PM
Dont worry, ill come up with a better one :-\,
And is there anything good about worms?

I wonder
*Wonders*

So yeah

Abu Zainab
06-08-2010, 02:07 PM
Dont worry, ill come up with a better one :-\,
And is there anything good about worms?

I wonder
*Wonders*

So yeah
Of course there is...worms help make good compost for example. But making a thread about 'em...naaaah.

Back to rain again...Free car wash

Ğħαrєєвαħ
06-08-2010, 04:02 PM
^Yeah thats cool, but i heard the rain isnt clean or somethin?

But Awesome thread :D

PouringRain
06-08-2010, 05:22 PM
I love rain..... please send some my way. :)

marwen
06-08-2010, 05:31 PM
rain is really awesome.

But this one is really scary : take a look at this vid :
السماء تمطر حجارة

the sky is raining stones ! can you believe that !

Ğħαrєєвαħ
06-08-2010, 05:37 PM
^lol that kinda looks kool, but yea it is dangerous, i wonder what it is
I remember a similiar situation occured in i think India, correct me if im wrong, but the difference is the rain was Red colour, and the people there thought they were cursed or something.
Theres a vid of red rain coming down, it was quite shocking and awkward!
:-\

PouringRain
06-09-2010, 04:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by marwen
rain is really awesome.

But this one is really scary : take a look at this vid :
السماء تمطر حجارة

the sky is raining stones ! can you believe that !
^lol that kinda looks kool, but yea it is dangerous, i wonder what it is

Hail. We get it around here all the time also, but not usually as large of hail stones. Normally, ours range from the size of peas to the size of golf balls.

shuraimfan4lyf
06-09-2010, 04:32 AM
Ive seen baseball size hail before. You have to be really careful lol, or else you gonna get KO'd and your car can also get damaged

Abu Zainab
06-09-2010, 06:06 AM
^Yeah thats cool, but i heard the rain isnt clean or somethin?

But Awesome thread :D
Rainwater is supposed to be the cleanest and purest of water....I know some hakeems (traditional doctors - if you can call them that) who use rainwater to make their medicine. But with all the industrial pollution n'all thats not the case anymore.

Samiun
06-09-2010, 06:16 AM
Back to rain again...Free car wash
:sl: brother, rain doesn't give you a free car wash but rather it gives you a free dirt wash.
Usually, a car would look something like this if it rains

Speaking of rain, it has been raining almost everyday from 2-3pm at my place

Abu Zainab
06-09-2010, 06:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nabiel

Speaking of rain, it has been raining almost everyday from 2-3pm at my place
WOW ! Thats some punctual rain! Sign in 1400. Sign out 1500. LOL

Samiun
06-09-2010, 08:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Imraan
WOW ! Thats some punctual rain! Sign in 1400. Sign out 1500. LOL
:sl: Whoops, my bad. I meant the rain starts around 1400-1500

Abu Zainab
06-09-2010, 08:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nabiel
:sl: Whoops, my bad. I meant the rain starts around 1400-1500
Just kidding with you bro. Enjoy ze awesome rain while it lasts. My mom makes "fried green chillies" whenever it rains. I think its an old desi tradition.

Here in Jeddah it rains like once or twice a year...but whenever it does it floods the streets. Not because of the volume of water but because of our poor drainage system.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
06-09-2010, 10:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by PouringRain
Hail. We get it around here all the time also, but not usually as large of hail stones. Normally, ours range from the size of peas to the size of golf balls.
Yes when it Hails here, its same as yours bro like you mentioned the size of peas LOOL
Its funny imaginin all you Brothers and Sisters walking down the street and sayin "Ouch" when ever a Hail thing hit you haha
LOL Sorry i have a weird Imagination thingy i guess :-\

So yeah

Ramadhan
06-10-2010, 09:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Imraan
Mashallaah! I really envy you bro! And rains in your part of the world is more awesome due to the lush greenery everywhere.
Just thinking of rain makes me dream - dream of jannah. Subhanallaah.

BTW, if I need a 'rainy' vacation in Indonesia which is the best place to visit and during which months? Of course the scenery should be good too.
Well, there are truly numerous places to go in Indonesia if you intend to enjoy the rain. In the western parts of Indonesia, rainy season starts from November through April, algthough lately with global warming it wreak havoc with the pattern. For example, iy has been raining almost daily in jakarta, although it is supposed to be right in the middle of dry season.
I had difficulty in trying to give the best spots fro "rainy vacation" because I think most of the country has beautiful landscapes and they all get wet. LOL.

But if I have to choose, here it is:

1. UBUD (an area in the middle of Bali island).
It is a bit touristy because, well, it is in Bali, but it is still very beautiful nonetheless and you get rain every day during rainy season. There are tons of hotels, from budget types to the super luxurious ones with private pool hanging over the Ubud Valley. you can also bycicle through the paddy fields and forests to the Batur lake in the north. Bali is the majority Hindu so keep that in mind. But food are all halal (this is still Indonesia) unless if it contains pork (they will tell you that in restaurants or hotels). The variety and quality of food are excellent with locals as well as international variety. It is easy to reach Bali, it has international airport with direct connection to major asian and australian cities as well major domestic cities.

Abu Zainab
06-10-2010, 09:36 AM
^ Amazing!! Bali is definitely on my vacation list. I guess if we avoid the beaches its a great place to visit for Muslims.

Ramadhan
06-10-2010, 09:45 AM
2. Ngarai Harau and Ngarai Sianok (harau valleys and Sianok Valleys) in Payakumbuh and Bukittinggi in West Sumatra (Sumatra islands).
these two valleys are beautiful and located in west sumatra where most population are devout muslims. The food are excellent, although quite spicy. But if you are into spicy food, you'll be happy there. There are several lakes nearby: lake singkarak and lake maninjau. The area is much less touristy than bali, so you will not find a great array of hotels and accommodation, but there are a couple excellent ones where traditional house palaces turned into hotels. To go there you can fly into Padang, the capital of West Sumatra province. Its airport is supposedly an international airport, but I think it has direct connection only with Singapore and Kuala Lumpur on top of major Indonesian cities.

This is the nice hotel "the Hills Bukit Tinggi", a palace converted into a hotel.

Abu Zainab
06-10-2010, 10:21 AM
^ As a kid I used to enjoy reading Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn and I would get lost in my imagination....lakes and creeks and valleys and what not.....I want my daughter to enjoy and appreciate the beauty of nature from this age (she is almost three).

And sorry to geeky for turning this thread into a tourism thread. But it does have something do with rain though. Brother naidamar is showing us places in Indonesia which are rainy and beautiful.

Candle
06-10-2010, 05:45 PM
We send down pure water from the sky. That with it We may give life to a dead land, and slake the thirst of things We have created,- cattle and men in great numbers. Surat al-Furqan

And He who sends down (from time to time) water from the sky in due measure, and We raise to life therewith a land that is dead. Even so will you be raised (from the dead). Surat az -Zukhruf

:Koran:

aadil77
06-10-2010, 07:40 PM
SubhanAllah Indonesia looks amazing

shuraimfan4lyf
06-10-2010, 08:31 PM
This thread from Rainy weather to hot sunny dry weather.. lol

Ğħαrєєвαħ
06-10-2010, 10:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by shuraimfan4lyf
This thread from Rainy weather to hot sunny dry weather.. lol
Oh How daare they change the Topic!:raging::raging::raging:

Should Not happen again please!:exhausted:raging:

;D:omg:;D:hiding::p

Abu Zainab
06-10-2010, 11:36 PM
Oh How daare they change the Topic!:raging::raging::raging:

Should Not happen again please!:exhausted:raging:
I already said sorry! You see those places that brother naidamar has shown get ze awesome rain a lot. So I think its sort of related to the topic. So Yeah!

Ğħαrєєвαħ
06-10-2010, 11:38 PM
^lol . . . . .

U see the laughing at the bottom?

So yeah Indeedeth

Ğħαrєєвαħ
08-18-2010, 01:53 PM
Its raining outside Masha`Allaah,what a blessing!

Rain in Ramadhaan feels like a blessing!

PouringRain
08-18-2010, 11:04 PM
Its raining outside Masha`Allaah,what a blessing!

Rain in Ramadhaan feels like a blessing!

I read your post earlier today and thought to myself, "Send the rain my way."

It is now raining here also. Thanks to God!

Ğħαrєєвαħ
09-02-2010, 05:07 PM
Geeky thread :-\

Tyrion
09-03-2010, 01:00 AM
Rain is awesome :D Everything feels so clean afterward, and the smell after a nice downpour is nice too :p

Ramadhan
09-03-2010, 06:43 AM
These are some photos I found about rain in my city, Jakarta.
When it rains in Jakarta, it rains.. hard

The black cloud gathered over the city skyline

And then... it rained...

...... which caused (almost) annual flooding....

2008 02 01t082904z 01 nootr rtridsp 2 oukwd uk indonesia floods&ampt1 -

scented blood
09-03-2010, 11:15 AM
Walahi just one of the millions and millions of blessing that we have.

I love sitting in the car and watching each drop fall knowing that Allah knows about it and willed it to land in that exact place.

Amazing.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
09-03-2010, 03:30 PM
Aslaamu`Alaaykum

Subhaan`Allaah@ Brother Naidamar, woahhhh, it looks more like a flood. For a sec i thought you was posting the flood pics from Pakistan :-\

Scented Blood@ Yes SubhaanAllaah its a blessing, a wonderful one

Wa`Alaaykum Salaam

scented blood
09-03-2010, 10:41 PM
I use to have the attic bedroom and i would sleep direct under the window. Loved it and i miss it.

Sawdah
09-03-2010, 11:52 PM
It's raining here, alhamdulillah. I'm enjoying it. :statisfie

abdussattar
09-06-2010, 05:53 AM
I love rain but I don't like being we in the rain :X

And I really looooooove the smell after it rains. Surely Rain is one of the greatest Nai'mah of Allah.

But I am really sad about the floods in Pakistan... so many muslims under such terrible situations...:'(

My Allah grant us abundant rain , Not more not less. Ameen

'Abd Al-Maajid
09-06-2010, 06:32 AM
I looove rains. I love them so much that day before yesterday I got drenched and I caught cold and eventually I got sick and today I am not fasting...:(

format_quote Originally Posted by abdussattar
My Allah grant us abundant rain , Not more not less. Ameen
I think we had adequate rains this year.

abdussattar
09-06-2010, 07:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by abdulmājid
I got drenched and I caught cold and eventually I got sick and today I am not fasting... :(
:omg: Alhamdulillah I never got THAT sick that I had to skip my fast :o

format_quote Originally Posted by abdulmājid
I think we had adequate rains this year.
WE had adequate but PAKISTAN didnt... :hmm:

Fahad KSA
09-06-2010, 09:13 AM
it's almos sunny here in ALRIYADH . KSA :(

no rain for long long time

Alahh Karim

cat eyes
09-07-2010, 01:39 AM
its been raining heavy here past two days i went out in it today and my umbrella broke

now im sneezing. rain over here can be bad.. when it rains for a long time it makes you cranky and theres bad energy everywhere because people here hate rain because it flipping rains all the time haha

Soulja Girl
09-07-2010, 02:26 AM
:sl:

^Cranky.. Yes. You can say that again.. :exhausted Sometimes you don't feel like doin anyfin when it rains apart from sittin on teh sofa wiv a blankie & hot chocolate, watchin a movie.. :hiding: No, I didn't just say that.. xD

:wa:

Ğħαrєєвαħ
09-07-2010, 04:08 PM
Aslaamu`Alaaykum ^ Awww grrr how can you say that :-\

Its nice looking at the rain falling down loooks really awesome and your cuddled up at your home, now thats awesome

But for those who are out at the ze time it rains, bout time you smile :-\

Everyone here seems to like the smell of rain when its ended? uno ive never ever noticed that SubhaanAllaah :-\

Wa`Alaaykum Salaam

PouringRain
09-07-2010, 08:59 PM
I like the smell of rain also...... not just after the rain, but before. We have rain today again!

'Abd Al-Maajid
09-25-2010, 12:41 PM
It's raining heavily here.:hmm: Lets hope there are no causalities now. :ermm:

marwen
09-25-2010, 02:44 PM
It's rainy here too, and that's really beautiful.
I heard that when rain is falling, dua is more likely to be answered. Do someone have a source about that ?

Salahudeen
09-25-2010, 03:00 PM
It's rainy here too, and that's really beautiful.
I heard that when rain is falling, dua is more likely to be answered. Do someone have a source about that ?
Make dua for me and I'll search for it in the book

;D here we go,

Sahl ibn sa'd narrated that the prophet (saw) said:

"Two are two du'as that are never returned: the du'a made when the prayer is being called and at the time of rainfall" Narrated by Abu Dawud (#3540) and Al Hakim (2/114) who considered it to be sahih, al-Dahabi agreed with him as did al- Albani in sahih al jami #3078.

Plus there is the following hadith

"Seek the response to your du'as when the armies meet, and the prayer is called, and when the rain falls. Reported by Al- Shafi in his al-Umm (1/223) authenticated in al-Sahihah #1469

Ramadhan
09-25-2010, 03:00 PM
it said in the hadeeth of Sahl ibn Sa’d that is attributed to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him): “There are two which will not be rejected: du’aa’ at the time of the call (to prayer) and when it is raining.” Narrated by Abu Dawood and classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Jaami’ (3078).

marwen
09-25-2010, 03:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by squiggle
Make dua for me and I'll search for it in the book
LOL.
Jazaka Allahu Khayran brother. May Allah bless you and give you braka in your knowledge. aameen.

format_quote Originally Posted by squiggle
Sahl ibn sa'd narrated that the prophet (saw) said:

"Two are the du'as that are never returned: the du'a made when the prayer is being called and at the time of rainfall" Narrated by Abu Dawud (#3540) and Al Hakim (2/114) who considered it to be sahih, al-Dahabi agreed with him as did al- Albani in sahih al jami #3078.

Plus there is the following hadith

"Seek the response to your du'as when the armies meet, and the prayer is called, and when the rain falls. Reported by Al- Shafi in his al-Umm (1/223) authenticated in al-Sahihah #1469
format_quote Originally Posted by naidamar
it said in the hadeeth of Sahl ibn Sa’d that is attributed to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him): “There are two which will not be rejected: du’aa’ at the time of the call (to prayer) and when it is raining.” Narrated by Abu Dawood and classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Jaami’ (3078).
Jazakum Alahu Khayra Al Jaza'a my bro naidamar and bro squiggle.

These ahadeeth make me more happy now :rolleyes: as the rain is still falling.

PouringRain
09-25-2010, 08:15 PM
It has been pouring here all day since the early morning. Our rain barrels runneth over. We can always use a good soaking. I was planning some digging today, which never happened, but with the rain it will make the task easier to get through the rock-hard earth tomorrow.

tango92
09-25-2010, 08:24 PM
^ why do you call yourself pouring rain?

PouringRain
09-25-2010, 08:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tango92
^ why do you call yourself pouring rain?
For obvious reasons..... I absolutely love the rain. :)

PouringRain
09-25-2010, 08:59 PM

Ğħαrєєвαħ
09-25-2010, 09:02 PM
^Awww nice , are they your pics eh? Nicee

Thank you for sharing Pouring rain!

PouringRain
09-25-2010, 09:13 PM
^Awww nice , are they your pics eh? Nicee

Thank you for sharing Pouring rain!

Thank you, yes, those are my pics. I went out and took pics of the rain barrels to show that they are full. The last pic is of a portion of one of my front flower beds. The grasses all need hand cut down. LOL The one with the bright flowers is a lantana. The other one I do not know what it is called. (If someone has an idea, please share.) It grew up wild in the back of the house, and so I transplanted it in the front and it has taken off. The flowers up close look like orchids. The leaves are velvety to touch. It gets large pods, that I am guessing will fall off and re-seed each year, similar to what a moon plant does.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
09-25-2010, 09:21 PM
Niceee, sounds awesome

I like the flowers in the last pic :)

The long grass looks like long green hair :p, but the flowers make it pretty, esp the red one, but where is the lantana? i dont see any yellow floweres : S

PouringRain
09-25-2010, 09:31 PM
Niceee, sounds awesome

I like the flowers in the last pic :)

The long grass looks like long green hair :p, but the flowers make it pretty, esp the red one, but where is the lantana? i dont see any yellow floweres : S
They have the yellow in the middle of the orange. Does it all just show up red on your screen? I'll have to take a close up of the flowers for you.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
09-25-2010, 09:44 PM
^Ohh i see it now lol,i guess i wasnt looking properly, but i see a red colour around it, as you mentioned theyre called Lantanas, nice name btw, never heard of it myself.
Thanks again for sharing.

PouringRain
09-26-2010, 01:31 AM
^Ohh i see it now lol,i guess i wasnt looking properly, but i see a red colour around it, as you mentioned theyre called Lantanas, nice name btw, never heard of it myself.
Thanks again for sharing.
Here are close ups of the lantana flower and the other one. Sorry it took me so long to post them. The rain ceased; so, I went out and did my digging.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
09-26-2010, 01:34 PM
^ wow they look really pretty :)

Thanks for sharing, and also thank you for your effort :) and no problem i went to sleep anyway lol :-\

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!