/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Shaykh ul Islam,"Ibn Taymiyyah" said: whoever takes a kafir as a friend is not muslim

quranalim
06-08-2010, 12:56 PM
Is their evidence for this view. how supported is this by the 4 madhab's

“Imitation generates friendship and love, and regarding them as allies in the inside, just as loving them on the inside generates imitating them on the outside.” Allaah tells us that there is no (true) believer who takes a kaafir as a friend, for whoever takes a kaafir as friend is not a believer. Imitation on the outside implies that a person loves (the one whom he imitates), and so it is forbidden.”
Ibn Taymiyyah, IslamQA .com
Taken from here:

http://www.islam-qa.com/tr/ref/books/70 (islamqa)

More quotes of Ibn Taymiyyah like this, i found here:

http://pages.citebite.com/b5q0a0qsffd

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
quranalim
06-08-2010, 01:00 PM
I think his view is explained in quran tafsir by ibn kathir

Allah forbids His believing servants from having Jews and Christians as friends, because they are the enemies of Islam and its people, may Allah curse them. Allah then states that they are friends of each other and He gives a warning threat to those who do this,

[وَمَن يَتَوَلَّهُمْ مِّنكُمْ فَإِنَّهُ مِنْهُمْ]

(And if any among you befriends them, then surely he is one of them.) Ibn Abi Hatim recorded that `Umar ordered Abu Musa Al-Ash`ari to send him on one sheet of balance the count of what he took in and what he spent. Abu Musa then had a Christian scribe, and he was able to comply with `Umar's demand. `Umar liked what he saw and exclaimed, "This scribe is proficient. Would you read in the Masjid a letter that came to us from Ash-Sham'' Abu Musa said, `He cannot.'' `Umar said, "Is he not pure'' Abu Musa said, "No, but he is Christian.'' Abu Musa said, "So `Umar admonished me and poked my thigh (with his finger), saying, `Drive him out (from Al-Madinah).' He then recited,

[يَـأَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ ءَامَنُواْ لاَ تَتَّخِذُواْ الْيَهُودَ وَالنَّصَـرَى أَوْلِيَآءَ]

(O you who believe! Take not the Jews and the Christians as friends...)'' Then he reported that `Abdullah bin `Utbah said, "Let one of you beware that he might be a Jew or a Christian, while unaware.'' The narrator of this statement said, "We thought that he was referring to the Ayah,

[يَـأَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ ءَامَنُواْ لاَ تَتَّخِذُواْ الْيَهُودَ وَالنَّصَـرَى أَوْلِيَآءَ]

(O you who believe! Take not the Jews and the Christians as friends, )'' Allah said,

[فَتَرَى الَّذِينَ فِى قُلُوبِهِم مَّرَضٌ]

(And you see those in whose hearts there is a disease...) A disease of doubt, hesitation and hypocrisy.

[يُسَـرِعُونَ فِيهِمْ]
http://www.tafsir.com/default.asp?sid=5&tid=14082

Supreme
06-08-2010, 02:03 PM
Of course they should take non-Muslims as friends. You see, no matter how much atheists can frustrate me, they have a darn good point when they assert that religion promotes aggressive tribalism- in other words, people can be 'inferior' or 'not worthy of friendship' simply because they pray to a different god than you do. It's primitive thinking that belongs in a primitive era, and has no place in the 21st century where people of all faiths and races live together and aspire to get along.

Gabriel Ibn Yus
06-08-2010, 02:10 PM
Making a non-believer into a believer is a precondition into taking him as a friend.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Samiun
06-09-2010, 06:28 AM
:sl: Brothers and Sisters, I think sheikh Imran Hosein explained this...

Speed up to 2:35

May I suggest to watch the 1st part of the video to understand what he's talking about

muslimahhhh
06-18-2010, 11:22 PM
Good thread, mashaAllah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!